main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG TNP Big Walk 2005

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Eagle, Mar 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    TNP Big Walk 2005 will be in the same month as ROTS Premiere in Singapore. It'll be held on 22nd May, Sunday.

http://tnpbigwalk.asiaone.com/

Anyone here interested to don your SW Costumes and enter the event as Fun Walker? Armors are to be worn at your own risk! I'll love to go too in either my Jedi Garb or even Padme's. :p

We can even carry our own Singapore SW FanForce Banner or Flag as our resident Emperor/Count Dooku had recommanded at the last Meetup. ;)

2. aanakin

aanakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2004
    hey..cool.great idea!

3. aanakin

Dec 17, 2004
    but won't the trekkies come and u-know-what-i'm-talking-about...

4. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Nah, Singapore official Star Trek Fans have nothing against us Singapore Star Wars Fans. I'm also don't mind watching certain new Episodes of ST and have nothing much against it. The only problems I see with the old series or even The Next Generation ones was that some episodes are boring and there is a lack of variety of aliens compared to SW; everything is a derivation of human! ;) And if there is enough interest, we will have to come together with ST fans to organize a Sci-Fic & Fantasy Convention in Singapore in the future as they are the very few active FanForce, other than us, SW FanForce.

The local ST Fans are even planning to watch ROTS as a group this May. :p

5. aanakin

Dec 17, 2004
    wow...i didn't know trekkies(in singapore) are that good...maybe they like Star wars also...cool!

6. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Err....can we don't go off from the topic here? ;)

So who are interested in going in your SW Costumes to this year's TNP Big Walk? :D

7. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    Trekkie's are nice people. Klingons are nice, but not cool. Ya, so count me in for da' big walk.

8. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    With all due respect...or lack of it, i will NOT condemn myself with walking side by side with a trekkie. Not only is it uncomfortable, it might also prove humiliating. I hate it when ppl have this concept that star wars and star trek is the SAME.
    yes xeno, they might be nice ppl but i am NEVER gonna walk next to a Klingon or some botak guy in an Enterprise uniform.
    But if it is the will of the council...then i guess a truce would be at hand. My feelings of them will not change though. I can walk with them, but i dun have to like them. (unless its a really nice looking girl that i might be interested in hehe)

9. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Actually, I don't really like trekkies too..

But if I have a costume, I'd be happy to go for the Big Walk! (did that with Derrick in 2002)

:)

10. aanakin

Dec 17, 2004
    sorry to go off sub. anyway, i think i can make it...

11. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Well then, lets kick some trekkie butt!!

12. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    sounds cool. =D
    well all this provided IF i get my costume in time even

agree with yazid, i'll never like trekkies.

13. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    It'll be fun to walk in costume, but won't we cook in the heat? :p I'll go if schedule permits.

I don't know many Trekkies. What's so bad about them?

14. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    uh, we're not speaking about them as ppl. we're talking about them as a whole, whether they're local or foreign trekkies. anyone who fully embraces such a abominationaly excuse for a movie/show(ok la maybe some of them CAN make it) ought to be shot. they should join us instead! and further the will of the force!

15. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I have no comments about Trekkies in Singapore as they don't seems that bad compared to those in the US. [face_plain]

Okay, hopefully we can register together by mid-April for TNP Big Walk. Heehee, I been itching to use that "Singapore Imperial" Emblem I created years ago, probably on a flag. :p

16. Curlywhirlyjedi

Curlywhirlyjedi Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2005
    if i have a good enough costume set up by then , then count me in

17. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Hehe, Faiz, i can never agree with u better.

18. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Since it's on a weekend... count me in!

Hmmm, will Padme rise from the dead again in her white battle gear for this event? maybe...

19. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Oh great! for once i'll be getting a padme this year! yay! :)

20. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Yes, we must have Padme. ;) I highly doubt I want to wear any of my Padme Outfit as they are either not too flattering (face it, I am still Fat :( ) or too bellowing with the big Robe.

Any idea what kind of Flags we want to carry? Banner will be nice but unless we do it like the Elven Banner Style (on 1 pole only with the wind in the air), think might want to avoid it.

21. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    The flag will be self made? I've never made a flag/banner before but I figure it'd be best if we can get a day when the most people are available, so that we can all contribute, and hopefully be able to finish in a day.

22. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    That's a good idea, Jazz!
    Hmmm, is everyone free on weekends??
    Sunday is usually the best day for me, 'cos I MAY have to go back to work on Saturdays... but how about everyone else?

23. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I'm free everyday technically as am a Lady of Leisure rite now. :p Except maybe April 15-16th as got a Wedding to attend in KL (When is my Grandma gonna decide whether she wants to go or not as it's her granddaughter's Wedding? :oops: ).

I can volunteer that Singapore Imperial Emblem I made some time ago. Will do a new one in Adobe Photoshop File and .jpeg soon. There is also the Logo Brandon did many years ago for the FanForce.

24. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Sunday afternoon would be good. :) Are we having a single logo or several? If just one, perhaps we could have one that incorporates the different aspects of SW, since we have a good mix of Imperial, Rebel, Jedi, etc. here.

25. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    Sunday's good for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.