main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

To all Catholics(nonCatholics welcome too) should the Catholic church "modernize"?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by GrandAdmiralThrawn66, Aug 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandAdmiralThrawn66

GrandAdmiralThrawn66 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 16, 2002
    Should the Catholic church redefine its stance on some key issues that cause many people to view it as backward and with some negativity. These issues are:

*Homosexuality= currently viewed as a behavior and a very bad sin, should the Church restructure its current stance on homosexuality. On a personal note I have a couple homosexual family members on my non Catholic side that are really offened by the churches stance on this matter, since these are good people just different I am undecided on this matter.

*Women in the Church- again one of these issues that cause heat, Should women be allowed to say mass? I personally say no, women are a essential part of the church though i do not believe they should be allowed to say mass.

*Use of Birth Control- Well since this is a example of the church's unflinching moral stance I believe in theory it is correct. Unfortantly this is a damned if you do damned if you dont topic in my opinion. Since millions of people are getting aids in africa the risk of losing your life without protection is severe, and since occurding to the church life is Gods greatest gift, I believe birth control in those countries is a must. A delicate balance should be reached but still No idea on this one.

*Allow Priests to marry- This one is a slam dunk to me, if you are a priest your life should be the Church so I do not believe you should be allowed to marry.

Thats all I have, just some questions to consider!

You can certainly copy your questions over to the other thread.

2. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    You might check out this thread :).

3. GrandAdmiralThrawn66

GrandAdmiralThrawn66 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 16, 2002
    good point, forgot about that one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.