main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

To all you people who have complaints against DJ, list them here (spoilers welcome)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by kowikan_monkey, Jan 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kowikan_monkey

kowikan_monkey Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 2, 2001
    I personally had several complaints. One was the down-playment of Jag. He is one of my favorite characters, and he is the best flier in the NR. Also, does anybody else think that Kyp has a identity crisis? I mean, He's gone from soft, to durasteel-hard, to soft, to rouge Jedi, then at the end of DJ, contemplative thinker. Also, I would have liked at least one chapter devoted to Jacen. I mean, everybody felt him "screaming" in the force. Right now, I'm wondering whether he's stil alive or not. Then there is that part with Teneniel, where they talk about losing the baby. I mean, that's kinda pointless. Finally, at the end, when Jaina goes off with Kyp, that kinda shocked the hell out of me. All throughtout the book, she's insulting him, making fun of him, and then she goes off with him? What? don't get me wrong. This was a great book (the humour in it was pretty good too, but there could've been a little less Jaina-sensing-boys-shields-go-up in it. What do you think?

2. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    the dude who posted this topic said:
    One was the down-playment of Jag. He is one of my favorite characters, and he is the best flier in the NR.

Jag has had too little time to develop into a character, I fail to see how he can be anyone's favorite. Granted, I haven't read Dark Journey yet, so I don't know if he is further developed.

My only complaint so far about the novel is that my name is spelled wrong. ;)

3. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    One was the down-playment of Jag. He is one of my favorite characters, and he is the best flier in the NR.

Boba Fett is a favorite who wasn't exactly in the films much, DL. But in any event, I fail to see how we know he's the best flier in the NR.

4. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    which brings my second point I forgot to mention: Jag isn't part of the NR military.

5. -Vergere-

-Vergere- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2001
    I have nothing against Jag's character personally, but other than appease Jaina's giddy crushes, I really see no point. Mind you I haven't read the book yet.
    I would have liked at least one chapter devoted to Jacen. I mean, everybody felt him "screaming" in the force. Right now, I'm wondering whether he's stil alive or not.
    Maybe that's the idea? To keep us guessing?

6. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    No jaina/tahiri/tenel-ka love affair. :mad: ;)

7. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Kyp is a Jedi Master. It seems the way of all Jedi Masters to tend towards contemplative thinking. The guy has been through a whole heck of a lot - of course he's going to grow as a character. The poor kid was a Sith Apprentice at a young age to Exar Kun, one of the most infamous Sith Lords ever. He's toasted planets. He's overcome all of his ordeals, but I daresay he didn't overcome them without a price.

Of course he's going to contemplate a bit more than he used to given everything that's happened.

8. Nitro29

Nitro29 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2001
    I have a question, does anyone know what the "other failure" that Vong priest is talking about is at the end of the book?

9. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Also, does anybody else think that Kyp has a identity crisis? I mean, He's gone from soft, to durasteel-hard, to soft, to rouge Jedi, then at the end of DJ, contemplative thinker

Considering we last got his POV in VP, I doubt we can really say what he is thinking

10. Face Loran

Face Loran Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 1999
    My chief complaint about DJ is that I DON'T HAVE IT YET! Ahh, its really frustrating. Amazon.com shipped it on Sunday morning, and nothing yet. I wonder if the bad storm we've had has affected it. I wish they'd shipped it with UPS so I could track it, at least I'd know when it was coming. Anyone else who ordered from Amazon.com not have it yet? I'm so anxious to read this book!

11. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Im sick of hearing about House Mitth'eron'doo(spelling).

When are we going to see the full might of Nuurondo against the Vong?

12. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    he is the best flier in the NR

Last time I checked Jag was a part of Chiss Society who come from the Unknown Regions. I don't think they're a part of the NR. I think that the dialogue between Kyp and Jag at the bottom of page 158 into 159 explains that the Chiss are not really a part of the galaxy and the NR. Besides, even if he were a part of the galaxy, Jag is an imperial, which makes him not a part of the NR. He still refers to it as the "Rebel Alliance" I believe. :)

Jae Angel

13. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Jag is not part of Chiss society, hes part of the Synic Mitth'thrwn'doo house Phelenxe!!!

14. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Anyone who read DJ and has a problem with Kyp's identity therein should go back and read it again. In DJ we see Kyp coming to terms with what he is through his mentorship of Jaina. It is really great to read his point of view for a change. I'm glad to see that he's making his way back to the lighter side (not implying that he was a total darksider before, but let's get real, he had some issues.). The downside to Kyp's turn around is that now I'm afraid that he won't be useful to the EU writers and they will kill him off. I hope that doesn't happen.

If I could make a real complaint about DJ is that Jag was not developed enough for me. All I saw was Jaina flirting with him and giving him a hard time and all of a sudden believing she is in love with him. I still say that it's a bit premature for that.

15. NikeSkylark

NikeSkylark Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 20, 2002
    i know it's really small but i found when they spelled the name of zekk's homeworld annoying. it's ennth... not ennta,

~NiKe SKyLaRK~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.