main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends To be a Jedi - New story - OC characters - Time - 200 years before SW1

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Clarlie, May 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clarlie

Clarlie Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2006
    Hello everybody! Here's my first take on Star Wars world, hope you'll like it. English is not my native language so sorry for grammar mistakes.
    Description of the story:

200 years before the ?Phantom Menace? begins? It?s the years of fights and victories, of losses and gains. It?s the epoch of heroes. Two descendants of Jedi order, man and boy, Jedi knight and simple Jedi, there are so different but they have so much in common?Their past is intermingled so tight that they have to meet, have to face each other and have to change their lives ? it?s just the will of the Force they can?t resist. Only doing that they will know what it really means ? to be a Jedi.

To be a jedi
    Chapter 1. Dreams about the Past.

Gigantic hall was filled by morning sun rays. A lot of people and not-people-alike creatures were crowded here. There weren?t an empty place here. Only one small circle in the middle of the hall was almost empty. There was a man in a simple brown robe with short hair of dark sand color. Only one strand of his hair was long ? it was a thin braid that had to be gone soon ? the other man ? who looked like elder - was cutting it. His clothes were similar to the younger one. The first one was in his twenties while the man looked like he was 40. Finally everything was over and the younger one raised his head and stared at the elder one with his grayish-blue eyes. The elder one smiled.
    ?Congratulations, knight Kellian,? he said.
    The younger smiled looking at the crowd. Joy, eternal happiness ? these feelings were overwhelming like the Force. He wanted to divide it with others. Everybody was clapping and?
    ?Jedi Sandalian!? somebody?s voice snapped him out of this idyllic picture.
    ?I?m not a Jedi, I?m Jedi knight!? Kellian roared waking up. ?Dream?it was just a dream?? he rubbed his eyes with his hands and looked around. Yes, he was right. He was in the room much smaller than the hall in his dream and nothing seemed to be alike except for one person who now was watching him smile in her face. It looked like she was enjoying the scene much.
    ?Tamira,? he made an awful face. ?Nobody told you it isn?t very polite to enter anybody?s room while he is sleeping, didn?t it??
    ?I?m sorry,? she answered shaking her head. She was tall, with long black curly hair and very beautiful. ?I just can?t resist while passing by. You are so funny!?
    Kellian shook his head in despair trying to distinguish the remains of his dream in his memory. He looked like different than in his dream ? the whole body was tighter, the hair was longer somewhere near his shoulders, without a braid and the bright eyes in reality were dull.
    ?Is it a visit for the sake of politeness?? he asked shaking his hair his voice full of challenge.
    ?No,? she shook her head. ?You don?t have classes today so you sleep till the noon. Meanwhile the Counsel meeting has already finished.?
    ?Early birds,? young man laughed. Without any shame he came to the wardrobe and pulled out his trousers.
    Tamira turned around hiding blush on her cheeks.
    ?I?ll wait for you behind the door,? she said and went out.
    A few minutes later Kellian joined her outside his room. She offered him to walk with a gesture.
    ?How are you, Kell?? she began.
    ?I?m just great, thank you,? he laughed. ?Everything is great. I have a room to live, work to do ? everything I could dream about!?
    ?How is your class??
    ?They are ok,? Kell shrugged. ?I don?t think anybody of them really likes Galactic laws but they will need it.?
    Tamira nodded.
    ?I?m agree with you. You do well. Children show a lot of knowledge in this field, it?s just??
    ?It?s just what?? Sandalian continued for her.
    ?They are surprised with your appearance,? the girl smiled. ?All their teachers wear robes while you alone don?t fall in this rule although you are Jedi too.?
    Kellian face became darker.
    ?Children should understand that not everyone in the galaxy wears robe. As soon as they understand it, that there are more ordinary people that Jedi in the world it will be easier for them to live.?
    ?You talk like a wise man,? Tamira low

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I like these characters a lot and will be watching this for more. Please let me know when you update and welcome!

3. Just-Plain-Shmi

Just-Plain-Shmi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2006
    A good, solid beginning. I will be anxious to see where this goes.

JPS :)

4. Clarlie

Clarlie Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2006
    Thank you, DarthIshtar, Just-Plain-Shmi!!! :)
    Here is the continue...it maybe looks like JA a little but everything will go another way...

The lightsaber flashed along the room here and there creating an impression a group of initiates working in the gymnastic room. But it was only Kellian Sandalian training. He turned his lightsaber creating beautiful difficult moves. Here he attacked then moved back, here he slashed and stabbed imagine opponent with his weapon. But his thoughts were far away.
    There, in corridor, he ran to Tamira. It looked like the question itself surprised even him.
    ?Who is this jedi knight investigating the crime? Is he from Coruscant??
    Tamira nodded.
    ?You know him. His name is Mervin Torik.?
    ?Mervin Torik,? this name resounded again and again in his ears meanwhile he kept on moving his lightsaber biting his lips feeling the pain. Not the pain of overworked hands and legs but the pain of remembrances.
    ------------------------------
    7 years ago.

?Kellian, you hold your lightsaber too low. It?s too dangerous. Your opponent can pierce you,? old master said looking at his pupils? training.
    ?Foolish Sandy!? somebody from the last line of pupils muttered.
    The teacher stopped searching with his eyes the source.
    ?Lokart,? he squinted. ?If you want to tell Kellian something maybe you should do it face to face in an honorable fight not behind your friends? back??
    Lokart frowned. He knew that Kellian is stronger despite of his latest saying.
    ?Come here, Lokart,? the teacher ordered. Jedi master wasn?t young. His hair was already gray but in his eyes save for the wisdom reflected internal strength and boldness.
    Lokart slowly went to the center of the room. Kellian was already there.
    ?On count three,? master ordered. ?One?two??
    Lokart attacked before the signal. To win ? was his only purpose but in some mystical way Kellian was able to avoid the fatal blow. He dodged like something told him about this strike in a second before it.
    ?Good enough,? Lokart admitted attacking him again.
    Kellian parried without saying a word. He knew Loki?s tactic ? firstly he talks then strikes in his back. No, enough, he is prepared for this now.
    Kellian turned Lokart?s lightsaber with his own and blinding sparkles flew all around. Competitors making a few more clashes reversed their places.
    Awful smile appeared on Lokart?s lips.
    ?You can do everything you want, Kellian,? he said. ?But I?m the winner anyway. Honest guys aren?t lucky. You are too straightforward and stupid, Sandy.?
    ?Never,? Kellian lowered his lightsaber ahead Loki in such a way it was really hard to parry it completely. ?Do you hear me? Never call me Sandy again!?
    ?Well, ? Lokart laughed. ?I shall call you ninny then. I heard you crying that it will be your birthday in a few days and you will never become a jedi knight!?
    ?I shall be!? Kellian blocked another strike.
    ?No, you won?t,? Lokart answered him with attack. ?As for me I shall be the knight! I have all the characteristics for this while you?there is no knight in the world who would like to take you as his padawan!?
    Kellian began to boil somewhere inside. To destroy this peace of hate right now was the only one he wished. Just raise your lightsaber higher, higher?? and Kellian turning his lightsaber with its handle and deactivating it just kicked with it the nose of his rival.
    Lokart screamed dropping his sword. He held his nose with both his hands blood all over them.
    The teacher rushed to him.
    ?Step back!? he shouted at Kellian who just stared in panic all around not clearly understanding what he has just done.
    The teacher brought crying Loki to the left side of the room and with a single move of his hand stopped the blood.
    ?Go to the healers. Quicker.? He ordered.
    Lokart nodded and went out of the room.
    Kellian kept standing in his tracks now realizing what he had just done.
    ?Lesson is over,? the master told to his pupils. ?Kell, you are staying here.?
    Sandalian who rushed to the exit together with the others froze.
    Jedi master closed the door and looked at him att

5. Clarlie

Clarlie Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2006
    One eternity have passed and then another one. Finally something began to change. The darkness disappeared and the light came to his eyes. Kellian opened them with effort. It felt like Tatooine?s desert were placed somewhere inside his mouth and his body?like it was tied for months. He looked around. He was lying in white room different medical equipment all around him.
    Somebody entered the room and in a few moments when Kellian?s sight focused a little he recognized his teacher. Jedi master came and sat nearby.
    ?How are you?? he asked.
    ?Water?drink,? Kellian whispered.
    The teacher took a glass of water and gave it to him carefully.
    Kellian felt better just after the water touched his lips and asked the question at the same moment.
    ?What happened??
    The teacher shrugged.
    ?Local infection common for this place. Fever.?
    ?That was unexpected?? Kell whispered.
    ?It was very serious. We didn?t know how to heal you. Everything was useless but one day you just started getting better.?
    Something inside Kellian?s head began to panic. He asked the question and felt he didn?t want to know the answer.
    ?How much time did I spend here??
    ?Two weeks,? the teacher answered.
    The world began to tremble around Kellian again when he raised on his elbows his face full of horror.
    ?Two weeks?! So I?m 13 already!?
    Jedi master nodded.
    ?You spent your birthday in coma.?
    ?What about the jedi knight?? Kellian whispered in despair.
    ?He left.? His teacher answered.
    ?Did he choose a padawan?? boy asked.
    ?Yes, he chose Lokart,? he heard the worst possible answer.
    Kellian felt like something hot fell on his chicks from his eyes. He sniffled.
    ?Kell, I tried,? the teacher began. ?The Council doesn?t want to hear it. It will create a precedent, they said.?
    ?That means,? Kellian whispered out of his breath.
    ?That means?after you?re getting better you will be sent to the diplomatic academy to learn Galactic law. Kellian, it?s really great. It was the best. We understand it?s not easy for you??
    Kellian turned around and hid his face in pillows. He didn?t want his teacher seeing him crying.
    ?Please, leave me,? he asked in a small voice. ?Let?s talk about it later. Now?now I just can?t??
    The teacher nodded and went out of the room closing the door. Sorrow and understanding were in his eyes. But Kellian didn?t see it. His heart was full of despair.
    -------------------------------------
    Few days after that he will come back to his room and find among his things Loki?s triumph letter. It will hysterics and despair back to him. He?ll decide to become a jedi knight against all the rules and will continue his lightsaber training. But it will be useless. He will understand he can?t control the Force anymore and it will be the end.
    He will know the name of jedi knight who came to the temple ? Mervin Torik ? and his face will haunt him in his dreams for long 7 years.
    He will forget about Jedi while studying at the diplomatic academy and will be surprised to receive an offer to become the teacher of law at the far planet called Jempai. And he will be surprised with his own actions when he accepts this offer.
    He doesn?t know that so much will happen between his first training and the last one ? in the Jedi temple at Jempai and that he will cut these strings attached with just one word.
    ?Agree,? Kell said coming to Tamira during the dinner. ?I shall fly.?
    ?That?s good,? she smiled. ?I knew and prepared all the documents. You are flying away tomorrow moning.?
    ?Was there a lot of disappointment people at the Council?? he asked with a smile.
    ?Enough,? she answered without clarification.
    ?My task?? he asked.
    ?To consult the knight about local matters. To help him if he asks. I think you will clear it at the place. You will meet on the spaceship. ?Vigilant? is its name. It will land at the place you need, Tora?s spaceport.?
    ?Jedi knight,? Kell felt the question stops somewhere inside his throat. ?Will he be with his padawan??
    ?He doesn?t have one,? Tamira cut. ?I won?t say anything more, Kell. He will tell you if he likes. Prepare for th

6. Clarlie

Clarlie Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2006
    Chapter 2. The meeting.

The space ship was really huge. Kellian saw a lot of liners in his life but this one was special. Its corridors, rooms ? everything was shining. But even in this paradise he felt worry. He had to meet this Mervin Torik but he didn?t know how to find him. Well, truth to be told, he was afraid of finding him. Talking to him. Finally Kellian decided to give up thinking about it and just enjoy his trip. Even if they didn?t meet here ? they would meet at Tora?s spaceport. So he ended up sitting and drinking some warm green liquid at western part bar.
    ?Maybe I don?t have the Force anymore if I can?t find him,? foolish thought came into Kellian?s mind. He looked around. There are a lot of people and unlike-people creatures in the bar. They were sitting, dancing, playing cards. This wasn?t the place a Jedi would come. Too noisy.
    ?So I can sit here and not worry about Torik,? he smiled and sipped his drink.
    Suddenly a noise turned into something more loudly, and it happened just in front of him. Kell looked up and quickly found the cause.
    ?It?s my place and I won?t go away, you, pig!? big-eyed thin high man shouted to some huge hairy creature.
    A growl was an answer to him.
    ?I?ll rip your throat!?
    Kell was on his feet a moment later, when one of them decided to make another step and kicked his opponent moving young Jedi?s table.
    ?Stop it!? he tried to sound stern while his voice trembled a little.
    Higher man caught his rival?s ears and put his fist directly to his face.
    ?Stop it!? now Kellian?s voice sounded calmer. He came closer to them; put a hand into his pocket and?sith! He didn?t take his lightsaber! That was unexpected. Kell bit his lip thinking what he can do without it. His thoughts weren?t very bright ? he wasn?t good at hand-to-hand fighting. Maybe?yeah?it was worth trying.
    He tried to call the Force.
    ?Guys, let?s just make it in peaceful way,? he offered.
    ?Peaceful way? Hell, not!? hairy creature growled. ?I?ll kill him!? and moved his fist into Kellian?s chest. He felt he?s flying somewhere into the bar stand. Sandalian tried to move the way the hit caused less damage but just failed miserably. He felt his nose is bleeding.
    ?What a hero,? he muttered sarcastically. While he was standing up another figure appeared at the scene.
    This brave crazy man was not very high, just like Kellian and wasn?t heavy built. He had blond hair, a hint to moustache looking like the owner hasn?t decided yet if he should keep it or just to shave it.
    ?Let?s just have a drink and calm down a little,? he offered in a strict tone.
    ?Are you threatening me, human?? hairy alien growled.
    The stranger looked at him and a little smile appeared on his lips. It was a harsh smile ? even his opponent scared a little.
    ?No,? the stranger finally answered. ?I?m warning you.?
    But it was too late ? the second one decided to make it painful way. He rushed to the man?s back trying to kick him.
    ?Behind you!? was the only thing Kellian could do. His eyes and the eyes of the stranger met for a moment.
    And suddenly everything changed. It looked like the lightning stroke ? and the bottle the one of the attackers held ? was cut into two peaces. The man dropped it his jaw shaking.
    For a moment Kellian forgot he could breathe. The stranger had the lightsaber activated in his hand. Obviously he wasn?t a novice at such matters.
    ?The next one target is your heads,? the stranger warned.
    ?We are moving out,? they answered really quick not taking away their sight from the lightsaber. At this moment they have completely forgot about their little dispute. The only thing they were worried about now was the man who could kill them with just an easy move if his hand and even not breaking into sweat while doing this.
    ?Jedi knight,? people whispered in the bar.
    The source of this shock not paying attention to them deactivated the lightsaber and came to Kellian.
    ?That was brave but foolish,? he said. ?You could die here.?
    Kell shrugged.
    ?Don?t think so. They were just fighting a little.?
    The sight of the stranger was full

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.