main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV To be or not to be, The Expanded Universe

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Axia_Doneeta, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Axia_Doneeta

Axia_Doneeta Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    I find myself constantly amazed by Star wars fans that hate/ignore the EU. The word 'canon' gets used alot from these people as if that is a reason not to enjoy this rich and fertile part of Star Wars.

I love Star Wars and so do many others, why not love MORE Star Wars. I love the books, video games, comics etc that expand that story of A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.

So what do you all think EU or not to EU?

2. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    EU FTW!!!!! (FTW = For The Win for those of you who are not savvy with my most loved WoW term hehe.)

If it wasn't for the EU I wouldn't have as many adventures with my 2 most favorite characters....Han Solo and Boba Fett...also we never would have met the Yuuzhan Vong. And the comics...don't get me started on the comics....SOOOO much great stuff in there. I'm making it my goal to own EVERY Star Wars novel....and so far I'm doing pretty good on that goal.

3. SithLordKobe

SithLordKobe Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 31, 2007
    Yes! EU (and Aayla Secura) FTW!

4. Axia_Doneeta

Jun 8, 2005
    Always Aayla FTW

5. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Without EU having some validity, there would have been no Boba Fett (1st Appearance was in the EU Holiday Special).

Which means there would have been no Jango, or kid Boba, and all the clones would have been patterned after...?

The prequels would have been all different....

EU all the way. I just read Bane Path of Destruction. Amazezing!! Going to get the next Bane book tomorrow...

BTW, have you seen The Force Unleashed? If not, go there and watch the trailer right now.

6. Axia_Doneeta

Jun 8, 2005
    Dude I am ALL OVER the force unleashed. I can not wait for that to come out. The current release date is August. Hmm with that AND the CLONE WARS coming out in august it sounds like its going to be one expensive, hot month.

7. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    really??? i thought the release date for this juicy title was in like april??? sad :(

8. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    yeah they keep pushing it back :(

I'm trying to decide if I want it on wii or 360. 360 graphics would rock on my hdtv... but the wii is so interactive :)

9. SithLordKobe

Jul 31, 2007
    Go for the 360 version. :) The higher quality graphics more than makes up for the Wii's interactivity.

Plus, because a strong point of The Force Unleashed is its tech, 360 would be a better platform to play it on. I don't believe the Wii can handle the Euphoria engine.

10. Darth_Tofu

Mar 17, 2002
    I dunno I'm pretty confident the wii can handle almost anything :) but yeah, 360 will also have the achievements which I think is pretty fun.

11. Axia_Doneeta

Jun 8, 2005
    I believe I read something about the Wii will not have Euphoria engine elements, definitely go for the 360 version

12. SithLordKobe

Jul 31, 2007
  13. Darth_Tofu

Mar 17, 2002
    hmm.. well it's on a different engine than the 360 one, (I'm sure because of graphics).

Cross platform games kind of scare me sometimes. Perhaps I'll need to at least rent whichever one I don't get.