main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga To Cope with Change (Missing Scene from Return of the Jedi) Repost

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ZaraValinor, Apr 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    "You?re wrong," Qui-Gon greeted Obi-Wan, as the more recently dead Jedi returned from his conversation with Luke Skywalker.

Obi-Wan cocked a grey eyebrow, once ruddy brown, at his former Master. "Am I? Forgive me Master if I do not trust you in this instance."

"Who do you trust? Do you trust him?" Qui-Gon asked, jerking his head in the relative space that Luke inhabited.

Fondly, Obi-Wan nodded. "Perhaps more then I should."

"Do you think he will do as you want?" Qui-Gon asked.

"If you mean by what I want 'being restored freedom', then yes, I think he will," Obi-Wan answered, knowing that Qui-Gon had meant something entirely different.

Qui-Gon frowned. "No. Anakin. Do you think he will kill Anakin for you?"

As much as it had hurt when Luke had said he could not kill his father, somehow it hurt more when Qui-Gon accused Obi-Wan of wanting it done. As much as he loved and respected his former Master, Qui-Gon did not understand the situation, did not understand Obi-Wan. Qui-Gon remembered a headstrong twenty-five year old apprentice, not a beaten old man who had done and seen far too much. Didn?t Qui-Gon see that the fact that he could not kill Anakin had led to the very situation that Luke had to resolve?

"Is that what you think of me?" Obi-Wan asked softly. "If so then you don?t know me at all."

"Foolish being you two are," came a mewling voice. "Pointless this conversation is." Master Yoda hobbled over to him, even as an apparition, Master Yoda hobbled. "Decide his own fate young Skywalker will."

Qui-Gon turned his frown down on Yoda. "I do not agree with this, Master. You and Obi-Wan neglect the emotional tie Luke has with Anakin."

"Inevitable this confrontation is. Give up on turning Luke, Vader will not. Set the setting for the confrontation, young Skywalker is. Going, willing he is, but different is his goals, then ours," Yoda said.

"So the fate of the galaxy rests on that boy?" Qui-Gon asked snidely.

Obi-Wan stiffened. "You so willingly rested the fate of it on Anakin."

"Do we forget that Xanatos fell to the darkside by the influence of his father for far less then what Anakin is offering? Are you sure Luke can resist?" Qui-Gon asked.

Obi-Wan really wished he would stop using Anakin?s name, every time he had to fight to restrain the wince of pain that still shot through him despite his lack of physical form. "Luke is not Xanatos," Obi-Wan said, assured.

"This is not how I taught you," Qui-Gon remarked. "I taught you that life was precious no matter what form it came in."

"No, you taught me to chase after evil, no matter what the cost," Obi-Wan shot back. "Or do you forget Telos."

"Enough," Yoda roared. He looked to the former Master and Padawan. "Long has this been going on?"

Obi-Wan suddenly found himself shifting as he had in his early years at the Jedi Temple. When Master Yoda used that tone of voice, he found it hard not to feel like the Padawan he had once been. Obi-Wan?s eyes flickered to Qui-Gon and found his former Master in very much the same situation. Since Obi-Wan?s death, he and Qui-Gon had not been able to stop arguing. If he thought about it, Obi-Wan realized that was partly due to his fear. There was a part of him that couldn?t help but feel that he had let Qui-Gon down by not being able to save Anakin.

"Fix this you will. Spend eternity hearing your bickering, I will not. Too old, am I for this," Yoda murmured as he hobbled off, leaving a slightly stunned Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon.

"Well," Obi-Wan said.

"Well," Qui-Gon mimicked. "That troll is still as spiteful as ever. I?m glad to see some things haven?t changed."

Obi-Wan restrained the smile that begged to play on his lips. "Do you expect everything to remain the same?"

Shrugging, Qui-Gon walked in the direction that Yoda had hobbled off and in a flash the two men disappeared from the swamps of Dagobah and to a place of warmth and light. "Wished for, but not expected."

"I cannot be what I was," Obi-Wan said softly. He very much wanted to stop the arguing and hateful words that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.