main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends To Court A Queen (EU/AU) Anakin Solo/Tenel Ka-Romance/Angst/Action **Announcement Inside!**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Apr 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with Lucasfilm Limited. I am not profiting from this story in any way. Uncle George, please don?t sue me.

I don?t own any of the characters except my O/C?s Raven Solo, Marxx Racees, and Brukos Olissian. Please ask before you think of using them in your own fics.

Story Parameters:

Type: EU/AU, Romance, Angst, and Action.

Main characters:

Anakin Solo - Jedi Knight and protector of Tenel Ka
    Tenel Ka ? Queen Mother of Hapes and Jedi Knight
    Ta?a Chume ? Grandmother of Tenel Ka, mother of Isolder, and former Queen of Hapes
    Brukos Olissian ? old childhood friend of Tenel Ka

Secondary characters:

Isolder ? father of Tenel Ka, son of Ta?a Chume, Prince of Hapes, married to Teneneil Djo
    Teneneil Djo ?mother of Tenel Ka, Dathomir dark witch, married to Isolder
    Marxx Racees ? Jedi Master, member of the Jedi Council, husband of Jaina, twin brother to Raven Solo
    Jaina Solo-Racees ? Wife to Marxx, Jedi Knight and Senator for Naboo
    Jacen Solo ? Husband to Raven Racees, Jedi Master, teacher at Yavin 4
    Raven Racees-Solo ? Wife to Jacen Solo, twin of Marxx Racees, Jedi Master, teacher at Yavin 4
    Han and Leia ? no explanation needed- I hope ;)
    Lowbacca ? Jedi Knight, nephew of Chewbacca

Sequel: Destinies Entwined is recommended reading, although not required. (If you are interested- let me know and I will gladly forward the Word files to you so you don?t have to slog through the 4,000 posts in its thread...just PM me with your email address.)

This story centers on the confusing, romantic relationship of Anakin Solo and Tenel Ka. This story will contain LOTS of angst and mush, and a large splash of action. Although it is not a rewrite, and very dissimilar - this story was inspired by ?The Courtship of Princess Leia? due mainly to the characters involved.

This story is not a direct sequel to my epic Destinies Entwined it?s more of a continuation of the story just from 2 of the main 6 characters POV. However, the pairing of these two characters arrived due to circumstances presented in my first AU epic. I highly recommend reading DE in order to understand exactly WHY I?ve paired Tenel Ka and Anakin together in the first place. If you chose, you can just read the third part of the saga, Unmasked Soul to experience their budding romance, or here are key chapters that you can read to give you a flavor of their relationship:

Chapter 11
    Chapter 13
    Chapter 14
    Chapter 17 [face_love]
    Chapter 22
    chs 38 &39
    Chapter 46

I haven?t read any NJO books and don?t know a thing about Tahiri, and not much about Anakin Solo for that matter. Given they killed him off in the books- I?ve taken some liberties w/ his character and really molded him into a new character of whom all of my readers absolutely adore- he?s now in his early 20?s. He?s managed to receive some genetic throwback genes from Anakin Skywalker, and acts quite a bit like him as well, with a healthy dosing of his papa thrown in for good measure. For any new ladies wandering into here ? my female readers call my Anakin Solo ?drool-worthy? so you might want to stick around. [face_love] For the guys- Tenel Ka?s really

2. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    LOVELY BEGINNING. I can see the angst coming and how this tale can be interspersed with a roller coaster of joy and sadness..kind of like real life [face_love]

3. JediWarriorYoda

JediWarriorYoda Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Yeah, I'm one of the first to reply... Ooh, you're making her mean again, Ta'a Chume that is. What is it with you and evil grandmothers? hehe! And you brought back the delicious scene where they discuss their future. Wonderful beginning for what I'm sure is going to be a fantastic story... I'm a little worried though after reading your dossier of characters Brukos Olissian... somehow I get the feeling that he is going to be causing trouble for our two lovers...

4. SlowLearner

SlowLearner Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2002
    What a great prologue, PLJ! :) It certainly captured my interest. Anakin and Tenel Ka have quite a dilemma on their hands in terms of overcoming the Hapan traditions, but right now I'm definitely more concerned about what Ta'a Chume has planned for them.

You will probably hate me deeply for what I?m going to do... but I know what is best for you and for Hapes.

Uh oh. :eek: This sounds very ominous.

And believe it or not, one day, when I am long gone and everyone in this cluster loves you, you will thank me.

Yeah, right! [face_plain] Ta'a Chume seems to be as delusional as she is twisted. But I like how you write her! :D She's an interesting villain who seems to be cool, methodical, and systematic when it comes to executing her plan. And the way she simply just crawled into bed after blowing up her henchman...simply diabolical. [face_devil]

5. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Ah, you started. :D Ta'a Chume...foul-tempered old bat...lemme at her. :mad: Hee hee, I could hear Cate Blanchett's voice reciting that opening paragraph... ;) Hope Anakin doesn't have to do any recounts...

6. lori71

lori71 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Yahoo! The gang is back together!!!

Ta'a Chume is just a horrible old woman, but I'm sure she'll get hers. [face_devil]

I had to laugh at your "girl power" turning of the tables...Anakin has to give his Queen a female heir...raise the royal brood...I was waiting to hear that he had to be a virgin! (Very British Royal Family) :p

I agree, Brukos Olissian is going to mean trouble. I can't wait to see if he's an arrogant jerk, or a victim of unrequited love similar to our dear Kyp.

Great job!

7. Jade_Fel_Horn

Jade_Fel_Horn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    I'm so glad this story has finally started, I've really been looking forward to it :D Keep up the good work.

P.S. I hate Ta Chume (i think i spelled that right :) )

8. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    Pretty good start!!

POST MORE SOON

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Qingauk

Describing this story as an emotional rollercoaster ride is very fitting, actually. Glad you liked the beginning!

Sara

Ooh, you're making her mean again, Ta'a Chume that is.

Well technically she begrudgingly caved to TK in DE. She was always kinda nasty from the books- at least as I remember her and I?m just continuing with that thread. I see Ta?a Chume as the old lady you just love to hate. And I just love to write her [face_mischief]

What's it with my and evil grandmothers? I have no idea. I guess I write them because GL already created the best male villans of all time (although I just can't see Vader as a villain any longer.)

I'm a little worried though after reading your dossier of characters Brukos Olissian... somehow I get the feeling that he is going to be causing trouble for our two lovers...

Leave it to you, oh wise and powerful Yoda to note THAT one [face_mischief]

Slowlearner

Anakin and Tenel Ka have quite a dilemma on their hands in terms of overcoming the Hapan traditions, but right now I'm definitely more concerned about what Ta'a Chume has planned for them.

Yeah well this soon-to-be former Queen isn?t about to go down w/o a fight. If you think you hate her now? you ain?t seen nothing yet.

Ta'a Chume seems to be as delusional as she is twisted. But I like how you write her! She's an interesting villain who seems to be cool, methodical, and systematic when it comes to executing her plan. And the way she simply just crawled into bed after blowing up her henchman...simply diabolical.

LOL! I think you just described Ta?a Chume perfectly :D

Sebulba

Hee hee, I could hear Cate Blanchett's voice reciting that opening paragraph... Hope Anakin doesn't have to do any recounts...

Humm? well now that you mention it? Cate would make for a fab narrator there. LOL- luckily TK will be crowned thanks to her lineage- there will be no recounts.

Lori

I had to laugh at your "girl power" turning of the tables...Anakin has to give his Queen a female heir...raise the royal brood...I was waiting to hear that he had to be a virgin!

ROTFLMAO! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Well w/ TK as the possible bride I would hope that would be the case for him- she could seriously kick his butt!

I agree, Brukos Olissian is going to mean trouble. I can't wait to see if he's an arrogant jerk, or a victim of unrequited love similar to our dear Kyp.

Well Brukos doesn?t show up for a while- feel free to speculate all you want.

Jade

Welcome back :D Yes Ta?a Chume is one nasty woman? and I just love writing her.

Jek_Windu

Welcome! :D Woohoo! I love new readers! Glad you liked the prologue- ch 1 will be posted on Thursday.

10. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Very interesting start! I am looking forward to following these characters along.

As a warning, I have a tendency to get angry when "villains" (whether evil or well-meaning) try to interfere with pairings that are destined to be. :mad: Of course, that's pretty much the premise of this story! :p I am sure I will enjoy it very much -- but just expect an outraged diatribe from me now and then. [face_laugh]

Ta'a Chume is quite diabolic indeed. I'll have fun watching her.

I have no real sense of the "official" EU Anakin Solo or Tenel Ka either, so I'm perfectly content to go along for the ride with your versions of them. And I'm not caught up to that point in DE yet (it's so long! ;)), but I'm already attached to these two from the Prologue. [face_love]

And I must say -- 6'6"? That's almost, well... dare I say it... Vaderish. It sounds like he's a good guy through and through (so far? ?[face_plain]) but his size really did jump out at me. Must have skipped a generation... :p

I'll be back tomorrow... :D

11. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Lex

Welcome aboard! :D

As a warning, I have a tendency to get angry when "villains" (whether evil or well-meaning) try to interfere with pairings that are destined to be. Of course, that's pretty much the premise of this story!

Yeah, you've hit the nail on the head there w/ your story assessment. If that little fact irritates you, get ready to have the royal Darthness in your handle raised quite often around here. I am the Queen of mush- but nobody, I mean nobody lives to torture her characters emotionally the way that I do. [face_devil]

I have no real sense of the "official" EU Anakin Solo or Tenel Ka either, so I'm perfectly content to go along for the ride with your versions of them. And I'm not caught up to that point in DE yet (it's so long! ), but I'm already attached to these two from the Prologue.

Anakin's totally different, TK's very similar- I just let her smile and get emotional more often than she did in the EU books. She's not a frigging droid after all. You can always click on the links I provided for a little extra flavoring of this couple. I'm sure you'll enjoy.

And I must say -- 6'6"? That's almost, well... dare I say it... Vaderish. It sounds like he's a good guy through and through (so far? ) but his size really did jump out at me. Must have skipped a generation...

Yeah, wait 'till you get to the end of DE to see how he uses his size to his advantage. Recessive genes are DEFINITELY in play here.

New postie tomorrow everyone! :D :D

12. Jek_Windu

Jan 26, 2003
    Actually, PadmeLeiaJaina, I'm pretty familiar with the "official" Anakin Solo and your characterzation of him is pretty good, not dead on, but amazingly close considering you haven't read any of the NJO.

13. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    I am the Queen of mush- but nobody, I mean nobody lives to torture her characters emotionally the way that I do

Yes, our Queen I have to admit you love to torture your characters. I guess time flies right . . . didnt know you were going to have this story up so soon but i still love it!!! absolutely adore it!!!

evil Ta'Chume!!!!

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Jek

Well I haven't read the books... that doesn't mean I haven't read a few fanfics about him ;) I kinda got the basic gist of his character from some of the other authors around here and then muddled in a few more dashes of Han and Anakin Skywalker. I also made him a very imposing guy by making him nearly Wookiee height ;)

Master_Jaina

OK- so I'm not the Queen of angst on my characters- I know that title goes to Trickster... whenever she'll find her way over here. That girl's not happy unless she's killing someone off every few chapters :eek: Not me... I don't believe in killing of characters unless there's a VERY good reason.

As to the speed in which I got this up- well it's pretty easy to start a story- so the first several chapters just flew out of my fingers. For this story I also have a pseudo outline formed in my head already- so it's even easier to write than DE. Welcome aboard! :D

15. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    About time I got my butt over here. ;) Can?t let my Queen down now can I? :D

Great beginning PLJ but I expected no less from the sage of epic writing. :)

As everyone has already attested, Ta?a Chume is one nasty woman and Tenel Ka would be wise to watch her back from her ?dear? grandmother.

Anakin has certainly shed his inhibitions w/TK, a fact that will certainly drive the soon to be former Queen to the brink. Can we all say ?emotional instability?? ;)

16. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    :D [face_love]

wonderful start PLJ :D do i sense an arranged marriage (or, at least, tk being pushed """"gently"""" into a marriage by ta'a chume) in tk's future? perhaps to that guy-who's-name-starts-with-a-"b"-that-i-can't-remember-now? hm...ah, wonderful PLJ, you've just started and already i have theories [face_plain] :p

lovely mush [face_love] but that's to be expected from you :D :p would it be horrible of me to say that i can't wait for the angst? :D angst = lotsa fun [face_devil]

I am the Queen of mush- but nobody, I mean nobody lives to torture her characters emotionally the way that I do.

*raises eyebrow* i dunno about that... [face_mischief] :p

~TJF

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Arriss

Anakin has certainly shed his inhibitions w/TK, a fact that will certainly drive the soon to be former Queen to the brink. Can we all say ?emotional instability??

Hee hee- yeah well they drive each other slightly bonkers, don't they? Bonkers= hormones gone amok :D

Glad to see you made it over! :D

Trickster

Baahhh you didn't see my comment to Master_Jaina, I gave credit where credit is due, darlin :)

do i sense an arranged marriage (or, at least, tk being pushed """"gently"""" into a marriage by ta'a chume) in tk's future? perhaps to that guy-who's-name-starts-with-a-"b"-that-i-can't-remember-now? hm...ah, wonderful PLJ, you've just started and already i have theories

Well you can keep your theories swirling because today's post doesn't get you any closer to that answer... unfortunately.

OK now Quiet Down everyone... it is time for the New Queen Coronation!

:D :D :D

Chapter 1

Filled nearly to over capacity, the Fountain Palace?s main ceremonial hall steamed from the heat created by the over-packed Coronation guests. Anakin tugged on his shirt collar as his eyes fell upon dignitaries from all over the Galaxy. His entire family sat in the fourth row as they all waited to watch Tenel Ka?s Coronation.

Han peered down his pew at his youngest son and noted his twitching. Raising a brow, Han asked, ?You ain?t nervous for her are you son??

?No, Dad. It?s just hotter than Tatooine at noon in here,? Anakin replied, throwing off his Jedi robe in disgust. He noted the damp circles under his shirt?s armpits and frowned.

Jaina moaned in her seat at the edge of the aisle and pressed her hand nervously on her protruding stomach. Whispering to her dark, curly haired husband, Marxx Racees, she grabbed hold of the pew in front of her and launched to her feet. Hand pressing into her back, Marxx helped steady her to her feet as she waddled quickly out of the hall towards the fresher. Marxx?s turquoise blue eyes met Anakin?s eyes and smiled. He said, ?She?s still got four months, but that kid doesn?t seem to want to move off of her bladder. Poor Jaina, she?ll probably have to get up four times during the coronation service. We should?ve sat in the last pew so she won?t distract people.?

?Oh, I don?t think Tenel Ka will care?trust me. So you ready to become a Dad?? Anakin asked, smirking.

?I guess, as ready as I?ll ever be,? Marxx replied with a happy smile. Leaning in close, he added, ?It?s a good thing I have the patience of a Jedi, I think Jaina?s pregnancy induced mood swings would?ve sent any normal man off the deep end.?

?Well considering she?s not normally all that emotionally stable to begin with I really don?t envy you, Marxx,? Jacen added from Anakin?s right side. Marxx?s twin sister and Jacen?s wife, Raven poked her white haired head around Jacen?s shoulder and giggled at her brother.

Peaking a brow, Marxx replied to Jacen, ?Don?t you get too cocky there, pal. My sister?s every bit as bad as Jaina in that department.?

?Hey!? Raven replied, scowling.

Marxx sat back as Jaina reappeared. Cradling her stomach she plopped back down in her seat. She said, ?Your son is driving me crazy.?

?My son, eh?? Marxx replied. Leaning back and running his fingers lovingly through Jaina?s loose, brown hair, he asked, ?And why is it every time the baby does something that inconveniences you, he?s suddenly only my child??

Jaina?s face contorted from anger to a deep, sad frown. Tears formed at her eyes and she said, ?You?re right, I do that, don?t I? I?m so sorry honey! I don?t know why I?d say those things!?

Throwing his arms around Jaina?s shoulders, he said, ?It?s ok, honey. I was just teasing with you.? Raising his head, he met Anakin?s amused gaze and mouthed, See what I mean?

Grinning, Anakin again viewed the splendor of the hall. Long and narrow, the hall?s walls were constructed of rich, red, Hapan mahogany. At the head of the stage a floor to ceiling fountain silently cascaded down the wall.

18. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    I want to read this on too!!

Wait, wait!!

Let me finish the other one!!

19. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    The imagery and symbolism in this chapter were perfect. I particularly enjoyed two: the spiderweb [face_devil] [face_devil] and the literal weight of obligations that Tenel Ka feels. :(

Ta'a Chume is such a great villain -- power-monger to the bitter end. (Forgot to mention earlier -- her file deletion was so, well... Kamino. :eek: And I'm sure it was some law or precedent that would have been helpful to Tenel Ka and Anakin. :mad: :p)

And while I understand the nature of Tenel Ka's royal vows, something tells me that like other Star Wars heroes and heroines, she (and Anakin) may -- ultimately, no doubt after much anguish -- find a way to bend fate to suit her, rather than the other way around. ;)

This is a very interesting setup to the story. I'll definitely be back on Tuesday. :D

p.s. I gather from the way you have written this that she is only referred to as "Tenel Ka" and not, say, "Tenel" (or something hip like "TK" :p). Is that right? Just curious. :)

20. JediWarriorYoda

JediWarriorYoda Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Very nice post, my Queen. It's great to see some of our favorites from DE squeeze their way into this story: Marxx is going to be a Daddy. 8-} I really liked at the end the spider imagery you used as a backdrop for Ta'a Chume. Maybe she's the black widow of doom, you know, hehe.... Also I wonder why you had both Anakin and Tenel focus on the heat in the room. Perhaps it was their hidden passion for one another that they had to stifle during the ceremony surfacing, or maybe it was just a tagline to move the post along... Either way loved the post!!

21. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    Is grandmother related to Palpatine?!! You have done a great job of writing her as an evil b...h. :) I dread to think what evil she has woven in her conspiracy.

22. lori71

lori71 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Ta?a Chume is such a dried up old prune! I have to believe that if Tenal Ka knows about her selfishness, many of the people do as well. If a confrontation comes about, I'm guessing the people will side with Tenal Ka!

Everyone above me has made such wonderful comments...I'll just say DITTO. :)

Great chapter!

23. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    i'll read either later on tonight or tomorrow, but just a quick comment now...

That girl's not happy unless she's killing someone off every few chapters

i don't kill people off every few chapters! i know it seems unbelievabe, but i don't. mostly, it's at the very beginning, where everything's being set up. and i always do it for a very good reason -- in RotJ it would be unbelievably unrealistic if most of the jedi were still alive five years after the sith took control again. it would be like...well, what would your reaction be if you found out all the old republic jedi were just hiding away on kamino during the clone wars, jedi purges and alderaan? as for DAD, it's about rebuilding the jedi order. i can honestly swear that i haven't killed anyone off in phoenix since the "eclipse massacre". however, i write as realistically as i'm able and never kill off characters if it's unnecessary. that last part might sound cold but it's true. if ben lived throughout ANH, ESB and RotJ it would have undermined luke's sacrifices, and who he became.

ok, that wasn't exactly quick, but i just needed to clear that up...hopefully i said that without offending anyone [face_plain] :p

i'll be back to read soon :D

~TJF

24. Jek_Windu

Jan 26, 2003
    Nice post, everything was really good, especially the symbolism and imagery.

POST MORE SOON

25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Jaid

Welcome aboard! Have fun over at DE! I look forward to your return! :D

Darth_Lex
    I particularly enjoyed two: the spiderweb and the literal weight of obligations that Tenel Ka feels.

Yeah- I kinda liked how both of those elements came out as well, thanks!

I gather from the way you have written this that she is only referred to as "Tenel Ka" and not, say, "Tenel" (or something hip like "TK" ). Is that right? Just curious.

I tried to call her just Tenel and my attentive readers got after me. So yes, her name?s not abbreviated

Sara

Maybe she's the black widow of doom, you know, hehe

Well there does appear to be no husband for her, doesn?t there? [face_mischief]

Also I wonder why you had both Anakin and Tenel focus on the heat in the room. Perhaps it was their hidden passion for one another that they had to stifle during the ceremony surfacing, or maybe it was just a tagline to move the post along...

Hee hee- well I didn?t actually think of that first point of yours [face_laugh] It mostly comes from the fact that I usually end up at events where they?re supposed to be insufferably long and the room always seems horribly hot and icky sticky- so that was just the atmosphere of the scene.

Qingauk

Is grandmother related to Palpatine?!!

Ahem.. no Ta?a Chume is NOT related to Palpy. And luckily for TK and the others she has Zero Force abilities.

I dread to think what evil she has woven in her conspiracy.

Yeah well you?ll get to find out on Tuesday

Lori

Ta?a Chume is such a dried up old prune!

LOL! You always come up w/ the most creative terms for describing things [face_laugh]

I have to believe that if Tenal Ka knows about her selfishness, many of the people do as well.

Humm? well the Hapans are kinda used to their Queen?s being powerhungry, selfish, women.

Trickster

Oh dear. I was just teasing you darling :_| I admit I?ve only skimmed a bit of your bigger stories (you?re on my to-do list for reading) - you are a wonderful writer.

i write as realistically as i'm able and never kill off characters if it's unnecessary. that last part might sound cold but it's true. if ben lived throughout ANH, ESB and RotJ it would have undermined luke's sacrifices, and who he became.

Alright I?ll stop teasing you? until I get around to one day catching up w/ your stories :)

Truce?

Everyone- Trickster wrote a great Viggy w/ Kyp and Jaina ? check it out Here for a flavor of her amazing writing talent.

Jek

Thank you- I liked those elements to this chappie as well.

Next post on Tuesday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.