main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends To Court A Queen (EU/AU) Anakin Solo/Tenel Ka-Romance/Angst/Action **Announcement Inside!**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Apr 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arina_Jaylin

Arina_Jaylin Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2003
    Good writing... I guess.. intresting story, alot of conflicts in my brain considering I read all the NJO, YJK, and other misc sws books. Agent_Jaid told me to read this, and considering my short attention span for long posts I made it through all of it.
    I think it was good.

?Acceptable? You sound like your grandmother. She would deem him as acceptable and believe you?ve found the perfect mate just because of his wealth.

don't ya just love royalty, always the conflict of wealth in it all, I hate the predictable family who always try to break a couple up.

Have fun, I just might come back to read more

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Hi guys

I'll get to individual comments tomorrow when I post the last full chapter.

Just upping so my other readers can find Thursday's post! :D

3. Mr_Boba_Jango

Mr_Boba_Jango Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2002

This story needs a well deserved UP!

:D

4. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    I knew you'd do something with the political side of this... A bold move by Tenel Ka, yet right now she has the clout to do something radical like this, so I'm glad she did.

The Tenel Ka/Nastya talk was cute. Poor oblivious, self-conscious Nastya. ;) Tenel Ka is a real sweetie to help her this way.

I enjoyed the Anakin/Brukos chat too. I hadn't thought about cybernetics but it makes perfect sense. And of course Han is Han, and the father/son discussion was so true to character.

Looking forward to the happy (Yay! Phew! Yay!) ending. :D

5. Captain_Tych

Captain_Tych Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2002
    Nice juxtoposition there, PLJ. You've got Anakin worried sick, and getting advice, while TK is cool as ever and offering advice to Nastya. I like the way you've decided to shake up the Cluster. Making Isolder the Hapan representative does sound familiar. (Didn't I do that?)

The wedding is in the offing. I can't wait!

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Striker

Senator Isolder? For some reason, that's cool.

Yes, well it?s time that he finally had a job :p

Han's talk with Anakin was great. I could picture Harrison Ford there talking with Anakin, and it was very realistic.

Thank you! I did try to make sure that I kept Han?s voice in my head while I was writing that- at the same time- it couldn?t be overly mushy- that wouldn?t be Han?s style.

and will you write a stroy about Nastya and Brukos?

Probably not- but they will show up in the next story.

Kobe

Han? Giving familial advice? My, my, my, Mr.Solo, you truly are a 'nice' guy.

I don?t think that I had Han give any huge ?talk? to Jacen in DE- so I figured it was needed in this story.

OH BOy! I can't wait for the wedding. It is going to be suuuuuuuh-weet!

Hee hee! Hope you enjoy!

Altaira

This chapter has been great at relieving my continued stress from the last 47 chapters. Anakin and Tenel Ka finally have the good kind of stress in theirs.

LOL! I know- I was a royal pain to all of you with this story, never giving you a moment to breathe and not worry/stress out over the fate of our couple here. You can relax- today?s post should confirm that happy endings are in sight!

It?s setting up to be a beautiful day! I?ve enjoyed several marriages with the Solo family and you. This one was possibly the hardest earned.

That was actually the point of the story. Jaina/Marxx Jacen/Raven had it relatively easy. Anakin and TK had more complications in their way that would?ve prevented them from getting married. Needless to say, I felt the overpowering need to exploit that hole and write this story :p

. A new branch on the family tree.

Yup- more families being entwined together :D

Scott

[beg_plead] Can I go too? [/beg_plead]

LOL! If I could take you, I would my dear [face_love]

Anakin?s a great guy, always thinking about others. He has his work cut out for him to insure that TK produces children to continue the monarchy. It?s a tough job, but someone has to do it! Work, Work, Work! What a giver!

Hee hee- good to see he?s all for taking care of that job of his, eh?

And Han?s getting pretty good at the fatherly advice thing. No wonder he and Leia are still happily married. Sounds like he?s got it pretty well figured out. I?d take his advice if I were you, Anakin. Excellent father/son bonding.

[face_love] [face_love] I love Han.

Slowlearner

LOL...I'm getting the giggles imagining Han sleeping in a bedroom covered with pink roses. How very manly.

Hee hee- well luckily I don?t see Leia as necessarily being interested in chintz- but Han definitely knows his stuff ;)

A husband should never mess with things that are a part of a woman's domain. Han is as wise as Master Yoda himself.

Well in this respect, probably wiser than Yoda- I doubt Yoda?s would?ve known how to keep a woman happy ;) [face_laugh]

Hee hee! I'm getting the giggles again imagining TK pregnant for the rest of her adult life. Who can blame her though? Han is right - Anakin's testosterone level is off the charts!

Lucky girl, eh?

After all those years of matriarchical rule, I'm sure change won't come easy for the Hapans, but luckily, they have a great Queen Mother and her wonderful Prince. Oh, and I'm very happy Anakin gets to be a prince! But of course, I always thought he was a prince anyways

Well the crown?s not going anywhere- but they are definitely stepping out of the dark ages and are finally becoming a part of the Galaxy. Anakin is a doll- TK certainly is lucky to have him at her side, I think he?ll be a comfort to her in the years ahead.

Qingauk

so insightful of how hard work a marriage is. I loved the little wisdom of Han!

Hee hee- nice to know he thinks about these things, huh?

Arina

Welcome!

alot of conflicts in my brain considering I read all the NJO, YJK, and other misc sws b

7. Mr_Boba_Jango

Mr_Boba_Jango Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2002
    Wonderful chapter Erika, :)

A refreshing and fun day befitting the Solo clan. I loved the banter between the droids. You write 3PO like no one else, except maybe GL himself. ;)

The food fight was a kick too. Nobody can suck the pomp and circumstance out of a royal event like the Solos. :p

The wedding night had me opening the windows in my house to let the cool air in!.... MERCY! <fans self>

But it was quite touching as well....

Exhaling a deep sigh of relief, Anakin snaked his arm under their covers and nestled his bride?? his wife??his Queen?? into the warm contours of his bare body. Resting his cheek against hers and tucking his chin into the silky curves of her shoulder, for the first time in months he felt whole and complete. With that last realization etched in his mind, he happily chased after his beautiful bride into dreamtime.

<shakes head> Girl, you can write! [face_love] [face_love]

It was great seeing Anakin true to form again as he recited his vows. That wink of reassurance that he gave TK spoke volumes and brought back memories that caused me to go back to chapter 17 of Unmasked Soul. Its kinda fun to read the Anakin that you had described in that chapter. Remember how Luke had chosen Anakin to accompany him in negotiations with the Dellaltians because of his innate ability to sense things about people and immediately sort out a situation. He had also demonstrated those abilities with TK that evening in the dining room at Fountain Palace, as a young man who appeared so wise for his age, providing frank advice and comfort for a heart broken princess. I can?t help but think that in the midst of her giggles, as she looked into the eyes of her groom, that his wink brought back the memories of that confident Jedi who had revealed his true self to her that night, lighting that initial spark between them. And it reaffirmed to her that everything was going to be ok now. Once again, Anakin had been right when he said ?did it ever occur to you that maybe Jacen was not the man you were supposed to spend your life with?? Little did she know at that time, that the man who would become the love of her life was standing right in front of her, dripping wet from the drink she had just thrown in his face. ;)

8. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Tenel Ka had the wedding of her dreams with only those who really knew them invited. (Oh yeah, and us lurking readers peaking out from under the ferns). It was the way it should always be.

She was radiant and their love shining bright made the whole ceremony wonderful. The tropical setting was a beautiful place, even I have to feel sorry for Jaina. 8-}

Mrs. Tenel Ka Chume-Djo-Solo. That name would have been a mouthful. Glad she opted for the short name. Loved 3PO getting ganged up on by the others. You kept up your flair for fun with the droids bickering and the food fight. It will be a wedding remembered always. She has had a real welcome to the Solo Bunch.

Leia?s thoughts about her family were touching. So many around to offer love and support, and babysit! I have to release a long happy sigh. sighhhhh... Anakin and Tenel Ka finally have their hard won happiness. :)

... so Nastya and Brukos is next! :)

9. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    At once, I am happy and sad. I will explain why now.

I am happy that I found such an awesome story. This is what the NJO should have been. As much as I loathe, abhore and outright hate that book series, I loved this one, and that includes 'Destinies Entwined. The Racees, Brukos and Nastya are fully realized characters and I can actually imagine them. I also loved this post. The wedding was ssssoooo lovely. Tenel Ka and Anakin's vows were so sweet. And the party after [face_laugh] [face_laugh] .

Now for what made me sad. This is the last post. All that is left is your epilogue, and this will be over. [face_plain] :( :_| . This was wonderful, and I'm sad to see it end. Also, I wasn't able to figure out what Sebulba suggested to you, and since we're old high school buddies, that irks me. What was it, the food fight? Ah, well.

Can't wait for the next one!

10. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Great final chapter! :D

The vows were touching, and the entire wedding ceremony was beautifully written. The reception food fight was equally well done, in perfect madcap Solo fashion. (Poor Mara. I wonder how often scenes like this make her regret marrying into this family... [face_laugh] )

The Brukos and Nastya budding romance is too cute. [face_love]

Overall a wonderful conclusion to a really fun story. I've enjoyed it from the start. Thanks for sharing it with us. ;)

11. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    *cries happily*

I loved that chapter.

It was so sweet. :)

But now it's all over! :_|

12. deathzorro

deathzorro Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2003
    OMG! Great finish PLJ! Yoour stories have intrigued since you first emailed me Jaina's Journey. You are an excellent writer, with a great ability to mix romance, drama and action. I have absolutely loved every story you have written. I hope to see some more of your work in the future.

DZ

13. ChaseherChiss

ChaseherChiss Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2002
    First I have to say that this entire series is one of the best Star Wars fanfiction sets I have ever read.

Your original characters are beautiful and amazing. The regular series characters are developed so far beyond the books that you've turned them into your own version of original characters!

I'm truly sorry to see this story end. I just have to remind myself that now I can go back and read it all start to finish in one sitting!! YEAH ME!

If there are any more stories to tell (cough /Brukos & Nastyia/ cough) i'll be there to read them!

Chase

14. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    I can finally see again. The tears were flowing during the wedding. Those pledges just were so emotional. Then I started laughing at the pastry flinging and droid bicker. Just a superb ending to a delightful story.

15. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    Though I've been lurking for the majority of this fic, I must say this is easily one of the best pieces of fanfiction I've read. An extremely good blend of action, angst, drama, and romance is a testament to great writing and imagination. Cheers on a great story. :)

16. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Also, I wasn't able to figure out what Sebulba suggested to you, and since we're old high school buddies, that irks me.

If you must know, my sister had her first kid this past summer. We saw her while she was still expecting, though, and it wasn't pretty. So I was able to give PLJ a reference on psychotic, chocolate-deprived pregnant women. :p

PLJ, tomorrow's the day!! :D I gotta go to work shawtly, but all five of my free hours tomorrow will be spent catching up! (Hopefully that'll be enough time... ;))

Edit - I was skimming that last post, and I saw Isolder's name, and I thought, huh, she misspelled it...then I realised, wait, his name is Isolder, not Isildur!! :p Cheesh, you can tell how eager I am for Return of the Still-Not-King. ;)

17. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I had to know, and thanks buddy. I owe yah!

18. SlowLearner

SlowLearner Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2002
    What a lovely wedding. I really liked how it was a small, intimate affair rather than a fancy, stuffy ceremony. The less formal setting truly highlighted the closeness of the Solos and all their in-laws. :D

The location you depicted seemed utterly romantic, and I liked the couple's wedding attire. Especially Anakin's white linen suit. What a yummy mental image I'm getting! [face_love]

I loved all the romantic stuff, but my favorite part was when Leia was surveying her family like a proud mama bear and delighting in the fact that all her children have found happiness. What a great moment. :)

*sigh* Can't beleive this story is almost over. :( :_| I think I'll go buy some pastry and coffee to cheer myself up. I need comfort food. ;)

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Hi guys- thanks for all of the lovely comments, you're all so sweet [face_blush]

Remember epilogue goes up tonight. I'll get to individual replies then.

:)

20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Scott

I loved the banter between the droids. You write 3PO like no one else, except maybe GL himself.

Quite scary that I can do that, isn?t it?

The wedding night had me opening the windows in my house to let the cool air in!.... MERCY! <fans self>.

LOL <<Throws bucket of ice water onto Scott>>

Wow- I?d forgotten TK had soaked Anakin. Sheesh, I?m going senile I think. :p And your lovely little essay on Anakin and TK- this is why I?m so lucky to have you as a Beta, you make all these lovely connections that I completely sub-consciously put together.

Altaira

(Oh yeah, and us lurking readers peaking out from under the ferns).

LOL! Bet TK didn?t know that [face_mischief] Damned Press.

She was radiant and their love shining bright made the whole ceremony wonderful. The tropical setting was a beautiful place, even I have to feel sorry for Jaina.

I know, poor girl- tropical settings are lovely for young lovebirds, not huge pregnant women.

Loved 3PO getting ganged up on by the others. You kept up your flair for fun with the droids bickering and the food fight. It will be a wedding remembered always. She has had a real welcome to the Solo Bunch.

Yeah the point of the wedding was to make it different than the other 2 which were so regal and nice.

Baby brother?s wedding will definitely be remembered ;)

Leia?s thoughts about her family were touching. So many around to offer love and support, and babysit! I have to release a long happy sigh. sighhhhh... Anakin and Tenel Ka finally have their hard won happiness.

:D And see, you all were worried for no reason.

Stiker

I am happy that I found such an awesome story. This is what the NJO should have been. As much as I loathe, abhore and outright hate that book series, I loved this one, and that includes 'Destinies Entwined. The Racees, Brukos and Nastya are fully realized characters and I can actually imagine them.

[face_blush] [face_blush] Wowsers! What lovely compliments. I don?t like the NJO books either- in principle. Glad you like my version of what should have happened.

This was wonderful, and I'm sad to see it end.

Well there are plenty of other stories on these boards to amuse you, at least. Make sure you read my comments at the end ;)

Lex

The vows were touching, and the entire wedding ceremony was beautifully written. The reception food fight was equally well done, in perfect madcap Solo fashion. (Poor Mara. I wonder how often scenes like this make her regret marrying into this family... )

Glad you enjoyed the wedding. I?m actually very happy to done w/ weddings for a while ? three have worn me out.

Well Mara?s leading the line w/ the Chumes behind them ? oh well.

The Brukos and Nastya budding romance is too cute.

Kobe

Hope you remember to show up for the epilogue. Glad you enjoyed!

deathZorro

You are an excellent writer, with a great ability to mix romance, drama and action. I have absolutely loved every story you have written.

Oh boy, thank you sooooo much [face_blush] Thank you for reading!

Chase

Your original characters are beautiful and amazing. The regular series characters are developed so far beyond the books that you've turned them into your own version of original characters!

[face_blush] Well I do prefer to keep the Solo kids likeable, unlike in the NJO books where people tend to find Jaina or Jacen annoying. I just couldn?t do that- I loved them from the YJK books and wanted to keep them likable.

I'm truly sorry to see this story end. I just have to remind myself that now I can go back and read it all start to finish in one sitting!! YEAH ME!

Well there?s a bright side to things! :D

Qingauk

I can finally see again. The tears were flowing during the wedding. Those pledges just were so emotional. Then I started laughing at the pastry flinging and droid bicker. Just a superb ending to a delightful story.

Just the reactions I was ho

21. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Well, before I delete this link, I'll just say that I'll be ready for your next fic, PadmeLeiaJaina. May the Force be with you.

22. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    :D What a marvelous end to this tale of survival and love! Papa taking care of his young in the grand fashion that started everything and created this GFFA we all love so much.

As to falling in love with your characters, you have succeeded in this as you have with all your stories. Your OCs and our old favorites have been brought to life with a wonderful flair that is so easily accepted, I had to love them all!

It has been an exciting read, you kept my head spinning with every cliffhanger you left me on. Although rough on the blood pressure, I could not imagine the extent of things that may have gone wrong for our two lovers and their families. If I had a fear of heights it would be gone knowing you would create a soft landing somewhere down the line, sometimes a long way down the line. But, you were holding the rope, I would not fear... just wonder how? You surprised me many times for the better.

The excitement, connection and hope is what make a wonderful story. It has been a pleasure to play in your playground. You have the greatest toys! Again, your splashes of humor keeps me from getting too depressed during sad times and enjoying your story completely.

THANK YOU! for this and the fantastic news of more to come soon. You have earned your much deserved break. I wish you all the success on your non SW projects. With the care and heart you put into the fanfiction for our enjoyment, your other work is destined to be wonderful also.

:_| :) You have been a steady bright spot in my week, thanks... I?m getting all choked up again... :_| oh yeah, wonderful teaser for the next one, can?t wait...

23. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    DAMN, woman. I stayed up till 2:30 AM reading this story and I have to get up to work in four and a half hours!!! :eek: That's how impossible it was to put down. What a fitting end for TC...'course, it would've been SUCH cosmic justice if you'd made her stand behind a glass wall and watch Anakin and TK get married. [face_devil]

Oh yes, much as I hate to admit it, you've almost made me start to like TK just a wee bit... :p

And the ending. What a perfect, perfect ending. As soon as Han made that little motion with his hand, I KNEW how you were going to wrap that part up. :D :D I could vividly see Han's laconic style in taking out Dengar and BOY, was that a thrill. Thank you so very, very much for giving us such a blast of a ride. :D

24. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Sweet! More coming!

Loved how Han did Dengar just like he did Greedo. [face_laugh]

Uh PLJ, it's Carida and not Cardia. :p

25. SlowLearner

SlowLearner Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2002
    What an absolute gem of an epilogue, PLJ. Han is Da Man! The epitome of coolness. :cool:

If you ever do a Special Edition of TCAQ, just remember this epilogue is perfect as is - please don't change it so Dengar shoots first. :p ;)

But in all seriousness, I find that TCAQ has no need for a special edition since it's already special in so many ways. The romance, the adventure, the action, the humor, the friendship, the family ties...all these things were unforgettably portrayed. Congratulations on completing such a wonderfully entertaining tale. :D

And the teaser for your next epic has me hooked already. It was only a few lines, but oooh how intriguing and promising it sounds! The mention of Kyp's name brought a big smile to my face - I loved him in DE. Looking forward to finding out what kind of trouble Kyp's legacy brings about for our heroes. :)

How was the pastry?

The mocha cake was yummy! Next on my list is tiramisu. Maybe just a few more treats will help ease the pain of TCAQ coming to an end. I like to drown my sorrows in carbs. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.