main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends To Court A Queen (EU/AU) Anakin Solo/Tenel Ka-Romance/Angst/Action **Announcement Inside!**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Apr 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr_Boba_Jango

Mr_Boba_Jango Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2002
    What a great ending. After experiencing adventure after adventure with his kids, the old man shows us once again the ?old school? way to deal with the scum of the universe. No muss, no fuss. Han Solo IS Star Wars!

Well Erika, you did it! :D

In four exquisitely written stories you managed to marry off all three of the Solo kids. And boy did you do it with flair!

TCAQ is one of your best ever. And it ties in quite nicely with the DE trilogy. In fact, it was almost exactly a year ago this week that you posted that chapter in Unmasked Soul where the first sparks were felt between Anakin and TK. They?ve come a long way since then. And what a ride this story was. It covered the entire range of emotions from joy to sadness, love to hate, excitement to serenity, and from fear to complete security and bliss. TCAQ should be an example to all would-be writers on how to create outstanding original characters and make them come alive in the hearts and minds of the readers.

And thank you for your kind words. Being your ?Mr Beta Jango? over the past few years has been a kick, and an extremely rewarding experience as well. I love our brainstorms and even pushing your buttons once in a while. ;) :p And I especially love the fact that in the process, we?ve become great friends.

So, ?A toast to our Nubian Queen PLJ and the many projects to come?. :)

Love,

Scott [face_love]

2. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    You've finished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to you, your fic is awesome...school tied me down horribly and I still haven't finished reading...but fear not! I WILL finish it!!!!!

But I hope you do more projects!! :):)

~Solo

3. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    PLJ: great epilogue to wrap up those ends in a nice neat bow. It has truly been my joy to partake of this adventure.

4. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Hee hee! Loved the epilogue. Go Han! ;)

I've really enjoyed this story from the start. Great job, and be sure to let me know when you start posting the next one.

Thanks for sharing your efforts with us. :D

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Striker

MTFBWY also! :D

Altaira

As to falling in love with your characters, you have succeeded in this as you have with all your stories. Your OCs and our old favorites have been brought to life with a wonderful flair that is so easily accepted, I had to love them all!

**Sniff sniff** Thank you! I certainly had hoped that people would love the way I write the characters in my stories. I?ve always loved the OT crew- the friendship between Han, Luke, and Leia was something that I find that?s really rare in filmmaking today. You could tell that they deeply cared about each other. The result was that I always wanted that same sort of feeling to come across in the EU- for there- family is as close as friends. I think that same kind of appeal might be what?s lacking in the NJO books. But I can?t be sure.

Although rough on the blood pressure, I could not imagine the extent of things that may have gone wrong for our two lovers and their families. If I had a fear of heights it would be gone knowing you would create a soft landing somewhere down the line, sometimes a long way down the line. But, you were holding the rope, I would not fear... just wonder how? You surprised me many times for the better

Hee hee- I actually found out a couple of years ago that I really don?t like those huge scary rollercoasters- they scare the beejesus out of me! I think I much prefer writing emotional rollercoaster rides than going on them :p

THANK YOU! for this and the fantastic news of more to come soon. You have earned your much deserved break. I wish you all the success on your non SW projects. With the care and heart you put into the fanfiction for our enjoyment, your other work is destined to be wonderful also.

You?re welcome many times over. I?m always amazed that people take time out of their busy lives to read my stories. My so-called break will be spent whipping the first 1/5 of the story together prior to posting. I like having a lot of it underway before I start throwing posts up- gives me time to really think about the story, develop it and make sure I like the direction it?s going.

Just remember- the short story will be coming soon! So the break won?t be that long :D

Sebby

DAMN, woman. I stayed up till 2:30 AM reading this story and I have to get up to work in four and a half hours!!!

LOL! Hee hee- yes, the ends of my stories do tend to just suck you along so it?s nearly impossible to stop reading. I?m glad you got to enjoy it from beginning to end though. I?ll bet it was fun!

Oh yes, much as I hate to admit it, you've almost made me start to like TK just a wee bit...

Riiiigghhhtt? because she?s not w/ Jacen ;)

As soon as Han made that little motion with his hand, I KNEW how you were going to wrap that part up. I could vividly see Han's laconic style in taking out Dengar and BOY, was that a thrill.

Hee hee- yeah well- gotta let Pappa take care of the scoundrels.

'course, it would've been SUCH cosmic justice if you'd made her stand behind a glass wall and watch Anakin and TK get married.

Yeah well, I?m sure TC had more to worry about- like say running away from thousands of prison inmates who she incarcerated over the years wanting to scalp her [face_mischief]

Thank you so very, very much for giving us such a blast of a ride.

You?re welcome! Glad you enjoyed!

Kobe

Uh PLJ, it's Carida and not Cardia.

Well thank you for pointing that one out to me, that would?ve been embarrassing :p

Slowlearner

If you ever do a Special Edition of TCAQ, just remember this epilogue is perfect as is - please don't change it so Dengar shoots first.

Oh god no, I hate that they did that in the SEs. I loved Han just blasting Greedo to smithereens.

And the teaser for your next epic has me hooked already. It was only a few lines, but oooh how intriguing and promising it sounds! The mention of Kyp's name brought a big smile to my face - I loved him in DE. Looking forward to

6. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Happy birthday to you...
    ...happy birthday to you...
    ...we love you, Queen Erika...
    ...and your fanfiction, too!! :D

Birthday up for ya!!! ;)

7. Mr_Boba_Jango

May 20, 2002

Woooohooo! Happy Birthday to our Nubian Queen!

Lets celebrate! Guess its too early for Correllian brandy... so we'll have to settle for blue milk to wash down that pallenberry cake. ;)

:D

8. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Great ending, PLJ. You've given us a hint of the future, as well as wrapping up that loose end of Dengar quite nicely. It's good to see that Han's still capable of being a rogue...it's what most of us love about him.

The Solos causing mayhem during the reception seemed appropriate, as did the fact that the parents ended up getting pulled in as well.

Happy birthday to you! (even if it is a bit belated)

This may be the end of this fic, but I'll be watching for the next fic.

May the Force be with you,

Tych_sel

9. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    I know I know I ccome in right at the end . . perfect timing eh? :D I've managed to catch up and I loved the wedding scene. It made me teary but not crying a river when I read Jacen and Raven's wedding vows. I loved the food fight too! Typical of Jaina and Anakin!!!!

I love your stories PLJ and I'm glad you'll be writing more. Also I almost forgot that Kyp died sacrificing himself for Raven and the other. The next story should be interesting.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy the rest as you need it!!!

~MJ

10. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    <dashes in> Happy (belated) Birthday, my dear friend!! :D

I know?I?ve got some catching up to do and I?m getting there? I am! Really!

<hubby?s trying to drag me out the door>

Can?t wait to read how you?ve ended this!!! :D :D

And have a great Thanksgiving!!!!

11. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Yikes! I have replies to make!

Sebby MBJ and Tych thanks for the Bday wishes!

Tych

Glad you enjoyed how it ended. I just thought that the last Solo wedding needed to be different, and memorable.

Master_Jaina

I think A&TK were more stressed out over the course of this story than poor Jacen and Raven.. so the fact that they could finally be happy made their vows a little less intense. They didn't have the hellish childhood Raven did either. Glad you enjoyed though! :D

Arriss

Welcome back from Disneyworld...again. You dog :mad:

:p

Announcement

So I still need to start getting the full-fledged chapters of my next epic off to Scott to peruse, BUT my short story Legacy of Light has been betaed and I think I will probably start posting NEXT WEEK! It's only 5 posts long, so I'm going to shoot for posting to start on Monday, Dec 1st. I'll include a link in here when I post it. Hope to see everyone there!

12. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    Ahem?better late than never? <sheepish grin>

Welcome back from Disneyworld...again. You dog

LMAO [face_laugh] ;)

Ch48

I believe that the time is now right, for the Hapes Cluster to join the New Republic and enjoy the benefits provided by the rest of those living under its protection throughout the Galaxy. By agreeing to join the New Republic, this does not mean that we will lose our individuality.

A wise decision for a wise Queen. TK really shined and showed her grace and dignity in this speech.

The description of the Rwindle Mountain range sounds quite majestic (& a nice vacation spot. ;) )

A soft chime indicated that it was time for her bath, nursing her caff she returned back inside and was immediately greeted by three handmaidens. Leading her into the bathroom Tenel Ka enjoyed the refreshing, herbal cleansing. When finished, she exited her bath and was swaddled in a thick robe.

Now this is how she should be on her wedding day!!! :D Calm and relaxed.

Nastya has made a real turnaround and I somehow found myself <gasp> l-liking her. [face_shocked] Heehee. I?m glad Brukos fancies her, they could make a nice pair. Hmm?why do I have a feeling you have that in mind? (No, I haven?t read the last few chapters yet.)

It?s also good to see Anakin finding some peace from his guilt. He needed to do that!

The exchange between all the men is great ? very lifelike. And of course Han, [face_love] one can?t forget him. Hopefully, his words of wisdom won?t go unheeded. Han is a wonderful father.

Ch49

Ooooo, the dress sounds very pretty!!!!

Tenel Ka is very blessed to have such parents. They care deeply for her and respect her decisions ? no matter how difficult they may be.

Anakin and Tenel Ka gazed into each other?s eyes and immediately failed to hear the words of greeting spoken by the Hapan Priestess.

[face_love]
    Wonderful ceremony!! The words spoken by each were very touching and at last they found their much deserved happiness! WOOHOO!!!

?Don?t think you can get away that easily. I pride myself on being a hunter- last thing I?m going to do is let my prey go once I?ve caught her,?

YESSSS! Brukos finally ?caught? Nastya. Heehee! YAY!

Finally getting to her feet, Jaina grabbed three of the large puffs off of the plate, and threw them against Anakin?s face where they splattered upon impact.

?Good,? Anakin replied, and with a grin he swooped down and wiped his pastry covered face across his sister?s cheeks.

LMAO!! [face_laugh]

Poor 3PO. <snicker snicker>

FOOD FIGHT :cool: :cool:

He almost didn?t dare to fall asleep fearing that maybe if he closed his eyes he would wake up to find her gone and their marriage to have just been a dream. Clenching his fingers he sensed the warm, reassuring presence of his wedding band and he knew that worry was unjustified.

Oooohhh, so romantic. I?m so glad these two found their way back to one another. Ok, so you know I love mush. [face_blush]

This was a great chapter to read ? filled with emotion and lightheartedness as well. I really enjoyed it.

Epilogue

Heehee. Fantastic epilogue! Remnants of ANH and the Cantina! Good to see the ol? man still has it (like I ever doubted 8-} ). Another piece of scum has been eradicated from the barrens of Tatooine. :cool:

You really did an exceptional job creating this ?short? 8-} story. From the settings, angst, romance, and characters you really brought them to life. I recall how I couldn?t stand Nastya when she was first introduced and now?well, I hope she and Brukos can find their own piece of paradise together. Han and the gang ? wonderfully portrayed. You captured their nuances beautifully.

Your writing is certainly evolving, my friend. Take a bow. :D

PJ

13. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

*hurls self recklessly into thread*

I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did'ja miss me? :D

OMG!!! *screams*

They're married!! Finally goodness to honest married!! :D Ta'a locked away....

May I say that Brukos and Nastya had quite a satisfying ending? [face_love] :D [face_love] [face_mischief] [face_love]

MWROWRRRR!!!

*puuuuuuuuuuuuuurr*

*bounces off the walls*

I did it I did it I did it!! :D

I left and didn't come back untill it was all done - then I felt horribly guilty so I hid away and hoped you wouldn't miss me. :(

Then I read and I hope you did miss me. :p

And the bad guy.... *cackles*

HAN KILLED HIM!!!!

*grabs her blaster*

*pretends she's a special agent on a top secret mission (isn't that always how it works? :p) for Han Solo*

*jumps around things*

*bumps into 3PO and screams bloody murder*

3PO: My Goddness Gracious! What are you doing around here? This is a restricted area! Unathorized beings are not permited here! Leave! Hey! Wait! Where are you going! Wha-

*screams again and runs around him*

*runs into Ta'a who is escapeing from her cell*

WHAAT???

You can't be here!!

Back into your cell witch!!

Back back back back!!!

*drops lightsabers and ignites lightsabers, then tears after her*

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BACK BACK BACK!!!!

Ta'a: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

*Ta'a turns tail and runs back into her cell, Jaid screaming like a maniac and following after her*

Oh, and, :D BTW, :D I LOVED the food fight!! :D :D :D

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Arriss

Oooohhh, so romantic. I?m so glad these two found their way back to one another. Ok, so you know I love mush.

Hee hee - yeah well there was so much ANGST in this story that I needed some major mush infusions.

Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed my 'short story' :p

Jaid

I left and didn't come back untill it was all done - then I felt horribly guilty so I hid away and hoped you wouldn't miss me.

Then I read and I hope you did miss me.

Yes I actually did miss the imp of the boards. However, I do believe that this last post of yours most likely makes up for your absence in the previous posts. It's as looney, and zany as I expect from you! Welcome back, hon. Glad you enjoyed :D

REMINDER TO ALL TO LOOK FOR "LEGACY OF LIGHT" TOMORROW EVENING!

15. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

SHE'S WRITING MORE!! WOOHOO!! :D *dances*

16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  17. jediknightleia

jediknightleia Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 28, 2002
    Wow. That was a great ending. I'm sad its over but looking forward to Legacy of Light. You did a great job and I loved the story.

18. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    JediKnightLeia

Glad you enjoyed!

Reminder to all nominations for the Winter Fanfic Awards is over in 2 days!

I'm also writing a winter holiday story for the challenge. Click here to check it out!

Sandstorm Celebration

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    It's official, thanks to all of you, this fic has been nominated for 3 Winter Fanfic Awards!

It's up for:

Best Post-Saga Romance Story

Best Post-Saga Action Story

And

Best Post-Saga Drama Story!

Thank you all for the nominations. :)

Now I get to scratch my head and try to figure out 3 excerpts to submit :p

20. Angel_Jaid

Angel_Jaid Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2003

*gulp*

Action?... *signs death certificate*.... Eh'... It's my own fault for nominateing you. :p Oh well!!

*runs off*

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Reminder to everyone! My new fic Carida Avenged: Unnatural Selection begins tomorrow!!!!

22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  23. aninonymous

aninonymous Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2000
    Hi!

Well as usual I´m way (way) behind with my reply [face_blush], but I was thinking
    better late than never. :p

Anyway I really liked the ending (Well apart from the fact that it´s the end and there is gonna be no more story :_|)
    -it was the perfect conclusion to a great story.
    Especially the part with Han going after the Bounty Hunter.
    That was Classic! [face_laugh]

Oh andI made something for you!

poster

I hope that´s O.K..

I had so much fun reading your story and I kept trying to picture what they all look like.

Bye

24. Mr_Boba_Jango

May 20, 2002

Excellent job on the poster Aninonymous! I really like the people you chose to play the characters. Dead on! ;)

25. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    wow. i have actually managed to finish this :eek: it took a week, but... ;)

AWESOME job, PLJ :D i'm quite blown away, otherwise I'd be able to say more...The new OC's were great (though at first, Nestya was so bad i felt sorry for Ta'a Chume), and you wrote the canon characters almost *too* well (for a while there, you could almost like Ta'a Chume, or at least understand her... :eek:). Anyway, now i'm off to LoL...good luck to me :p ;)

~TJF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.