main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

To Destroy the Sith (AotC AU, Dooku) Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by quietlunatic, May 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quietlunatic

quietlunatic Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 13, 2001
    Allright. As many of you know, I'm ceasing to write fanfic, but I don't want to leave my co-writer hanging. Jacinta_Kenobi is an extremely talented writer, and I think she deserves the friendship and interest that I was blessed with when she signed on to co-write with me...

EDIT - New co-writer found. Thanks, asokthesithintern.

To Destroy the Sith an Attack of the Clones AU co-written by Jacinta_Kenobi, and hopefully a couple more writers.

Here's a brief summary of the events surrounding this story. These are merely rough plot points and likely will be edited and changed around as this is her (and perhaps, your) story now.

1. Obi-Wan joined Count Dooku rather than rejecting his offer. He would honor Qui-Gon's memory and destroy the Sith.
    2. Count Dooku sabotaged the ?independent thought? computer-thingy underneath Geonosis [I?ll need to edit the original to reflect this].
    3. Obi-Wan and Count Dooku left Geonosis before the Jedi arrived. The great majority of Separatist forces left Geonosis also.
    4. The Jedi raided the underground control center and Dooku?s sabotage succeeded. The droids weresa broken. Very few casualties resulted among the Jedi.
    5. The Clonetroopers, who went and saved the day in the movie, arrived too late to participate in the battle. Mop-up of isolated Geonosian resistance was left to them.
    6. The Separatist armada went to the Naboo system, which tolerated their presence in orbit.
    7. Palpatine lauded the so-called ?Cakewalk of Geonosis? as an incredible victory. During this speech, the Techno Union was able to hack into the Holonet, putting Count Dooku on instead. He revealed the full extent of the Sith plot and urged the citizenry to rise up against Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious.
    8. Massive rioting occurred, and the victorious clone army was forced to back up Palpatine rather than track down and destroy the Separatists.
    9. Anakin and Amidala went to Naboo to get married, but wound up captured by the Separatists instead. The Count was able to sway them as well.
    10. Another speech on the Holonet by the Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Amidala swayed the Jedi, who had sat on the fence for the past 2 weeks or so following the Battle of Geonosis, to eliminate the Chosen One and his master should they have turned to the Dark Side, and if Dooku was telling the truth, to join the Separatists.

I like happy endings. This is how I?m hoping To Destroy the Sith will play out:

1. The Jedi are loading up and leaving Coruscant, supposedly to assist several warships full of Clonetroopers on the Outer Rim. The Republic plays along for a while, then attacks the convoy. Most of them escape, but maybe 1/5 or 1/6 of the Jedi bite the dust.
    2. Seeing this as another victory, Palpatine imposes martial law and abolishes the Senate. Clonetroopers ?pacify? Coruscant in a not-so-pretty manner. The Empire is born.
    (Side Note: The Imperial logo is the Republic?s logo without a couple spokes. Palpatine could go and deface the Jedi Temple, angry that the majority of his enemies have escaped him, and end up with his new logo.)
    3. Naboo throws in its lot with the Separatists, because the ex-Queen Amidala is now with them. Other systems, shocked by the new government?s cruelty, join the Confederacy.
    4. I read a thread that commented that the Republic making war upon the Separatists is like the government in the States attacking Microsoft and Nautica. What can Microsoft do without computers? What can Nautica do without thread? To get the droid factories working again (they don?t want to ruin Naboo goodwill by setting up factories there), the Separatists decide to re-conquer Geonosis.
    5. The Separatists win and start building more battledroids.
    6. Battle on Kamino. Separatists win. Empire begins randomly drafting sentients to serve as Stormtroopers, which are far less efficient than their well-trained, Jango Fett DNA predecessors.
    7. That day, Anakin and Amidala celebrate the birth of twins ? Luke and Leia. Within

2. quietlunatic

Oct 13, 2001
    STUFF TO RE-DO (Will be updated periodically):

Am I being hyper-critical? I hope no-one sees it that way; I just want to make the beta readers' job a little bit easier when I [we, rather] submit it to the archive.

More time explaining what Dooku said to get Anakin/Amidala to join his side.

Count Dooku slipped through the first several ranks of sentries guarding the Droid Control Ships...With the quick spinning of a few dials and the flipping of a few switches, the massive droid army was at the mercy of another Anakin Skywalker.

This should be changed to an underground facility underneath Geonosis to rectify an error in the "Cakewalk of Geonosis" post.

Tyrannus reached the bridge,

Complete the sentence.

The Jedi army gathered its wounded and its casualties, and put their healers to work.

Should read - "...the wounded and put its healers to work."

?Bravo zero-zero-niner, planetary defense, stand down...the N-1 squadrons relayed their acceptance of Sio Bibble?s order.

Clarify on who says this. Ole gives the order, not Bibble.

Amazing; the thread of rebellion portrayed in Anakin, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, the Count himself, and Dooku?s master before him.

Yoda was Dooku's master. Boneheaded error.

Things were not bodeing well for the future of the Jedi.

Boding.

He pulled out the comlink that Yoda had given him..."You heard Palpatine?s speech?? Mace asked, and the old Jedi Master nodded.

Comlink or videophone?

"Republic" and "Force" require capitalization.

"...they are going to rally with Dooku and his traitor Jedi friends.?

Traitorous.

Write out one hundred, five, etc.

?Admiral!? He called. ?Tell the others to release the TIE fighters as well. Then return me to Coruscant. Things are going well enough here, and I have business to take care of." and then The Admiral gave a snort as he looked at the readouts. They had started out with 600 fighter, and they were down to 369, and though they had gotten five transports, their were 25 left, and the Jedi were doing better at defense now.

Does Palpatine use a shuttle, because his Star Destroyer is still in the vicinity at the end of the battle.

?Jedi fighter 023, you are allowing a gap between yourself and Jedi fighter 064! What?s wrong??

Mace does not address other ships besides Jedi fighters. Perhaps calling them as zero-two-three and oh-six-four or something.

He concentrated, swerving just enough to stay out of the fighter?s line of shot...

Line of fire.

3. Double_Sting

Double_Sting Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2001
    That sounds like a very interesting story you have!

I noticed you mentioned possibly having one more co-author. I would be really happy to help you out if you are still looking for another writer. This looks like a very interesting story!

As for what I have done - I did some fan fiction when I first joined these boards over a year ago. Then I moved from the fanfiction board to community and spoilers (you may know me from community).

Anyways, let me know. Thanks :D

4. quietlunatic

Oct 13, 2001
    Tell you what, Double_Sting. Due to my own bias for ExU people, I'll ask Jacinta_Kenobi and we'll go from there.

5. Double_Sting

Double_Sting Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2001
    alright then, let me know whenever you guys come up with a decision.

and no matter what make sure you put this story out. this is too good of an idea to waste!

6. quietlunatic

Oct 13, 2001
    All right, Double_Sting. I/we will get back to you later.

The reason we were looking for a co-writer is because of summer craziness. I'm going to be *gasp* getting a job and taking some classes at the university [I'm in High School, give me a break!], and she's under the weather. The reason behind this is because we are trying to keep the thread up but still continue to write a good, coherent story.

At any rate, Double_Sting, thanks for your interest.

7. quietlunatic

Oct 13, 2001
    (Rendered Obsolete)

8. quietlunatic

Oct 13, 2001
    Up.

So far, only Double_Sting has expressed interest [she's looking through your fics]. Surely there are others who are interested!

9. asoktheSithIntern

asoktheSithIntern Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2002
    I just looked at this, and the idea is great!

*Ooh! Ooh! Pick me! Pick me!*

I don't lack enthusiasm! :) Finding time to post has been hard, but summer is here so I can finally start to write!

10. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Alright, well, with ql gone, I'm going to try and continue this. I've talked to asok, and I think it would be cool to give him a chance at it. Thanks for the offer, Sting.

11. quietlunatic

Oct 13, 2001
    Whaddya talking about, Jacinta_Kenobi! I'm not dead yet! :)

I also corresponded with Asok, and he seems not only enthusiastic, but also pretty good at writing. No insult to you, Double_Sting, but if she's decided to take a chance with this newb, its her decision.

Again, I wish this story and its new writers all the best ;)

ql

12. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Oh, I meant you were not writing anymore. Nothing else meant.

13. asoktheSithIntern

asoktheSithIntern Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2002
    Aw, come on, you two. Pass the torch already, ql :) ! Well, Jacinta_Kenobi said something about having the next post (Kamino/Geonosis) done, so I will get cracking on the following part.

It'd be a riot if it turned out more successful than what ql thought. Then I could take all the credit. ;)

14. quietlunatic

Oct 13, 2001
    Allright, done. I edited the message headers just for you.

Good luck, Jacinta_Kenobi and Asok. I'll be watching your careers with great interest :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.