main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

To do or not to do

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by greenmayo, Jul 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greenmayo

greenmayo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 1, 2002
    I want to do sock puppet theatre. Who's with me?

2. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    *raises hand and starts jumping up and down.* I do, I do. :D

3. allenj456

allenj456 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    Hey!! no socks allowed here!!! ;-)

4. ImDaBudge

ImDaBudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    I'm all for sock puppets.

5. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]I'd do one if you wait until after the 26th. :D[/color]

6. navaren

navaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2001
    Is that when you're getting back from vacation, Merlin?

Allen, Sock Puppet Theatre was proposed by Obey Wann as a good way to shake things up. He mentioned it in the "Hi from your RSA" message for July here on the boards. ;)

7. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]Yeah, I'm back on the 26th. ;)[/color]

8. Cookies-n-Socks

Cookies-n-Socks Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2002
    *sits down waiting for someone to open up the puppet theater. :D

9. greenmayo

May 1, 2002
    Apparently, I have an evil twin. We'd better start this thing soon or my body might be taken over. :eek:

10. Evil_Butterfly

Evil_Butterfly Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2002
    Body snatchers!!!! Where?

11. ILIKEMYCAT

ILIKEMYCAT Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 2002
    Someone stole my cat once. Luckily for me, I had Firebug microchipped and they were able to track her down. A microchip is like having a license plate on your body. I plan on chipping my kids when they turn three-you can't keep them on a leash forever.

12. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    You may want to hold off on beginning the Sock Puppet Theatre until an actual thread which is specifically designated for that purpose has been opened. Otherwise chaos may ensue.

13. greenmayo

May 1, 2002
    I think it would be a good idea to hold off on Sock Puppet Theatre until we have a CR. It's not like there's going to be any problems with the thread, but it's better that way. We need someone to lock the thread after a week and keep tabs in case there's an issue. Just my opinion...

14. ImDaBudge

May 2, 2002
    I agree, let's wait until the city rep. problem is taken care of.

15. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I haven't even come up with good sock names yet and you people are already starting on this thing? Ahhhh.

16. ImDaBudge

May 2, 2002
    I repeat, WE ARE NOT STARTING SOCK PUPPET THEATER UNTIL THE CHAPTER REP. SITUATION HAS BEEN RESOLVED!:)

17. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    As we've hear that Rob, but we can at least get socks ready you know. Let them poke around at the JC and other forums, you know to get their names out there.

18. ImDaBudge

May 2, 2002
    I was just reiterating it for everyone who doesn't pay attention.

Does everyone understand what the sock puppet theater is?

19. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    FYI, the CR doesn't have the ability to lock a thread, but I do. :D When you're ready to start it up, just PM me a couple of days in advance, and I'll open it up on the Friday. Then I'll lock it up on Monday. :)

SPT is a fun filled thread that chaos is allowed to run rampant it. Just keep it civil, no sexual innuendos, flames or other violations of the TOS. But it is highly encouraged that you have fun, create a "creative" sock, and post in character throughout the weekend.

For instance: Say my sock is a Stormtrooper Marksmanship Instructor. I would spend my time over the weekend trying to spur on recruits who can barely hit the broad side of a Sandcrawler, and turn them into dangerous, effective and accurate troopers. :D

The general purpose of a SPT is to have fun and meet the "sock side" of your fellow FF members. Then at the enxt meeting, you try and guess who was who. You can even give awards, prizes or just plain ridicule to the most interesting, strange or off the wall socks. whatever. It's up to you. :D But the PFF was 10 posts shy of 1500 posts in one weekend.

Note: The intent is to keep the socks confined to one thread. I would prefer that you don't spam other forums, or other threads here. Now if some other SW USA group is doing a SPT at the same time, then you can feel free to stop by and add to the confus...er... fun. But try and let them know you're a visiting sock, even if it's in your sig line.

Have fun, and LMK when you're ready to start. And I'm looking forward to working with your new CR, whomever it may be. :D

20. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    The Provo Sock Puppet Theatre is up and going, although some of those pesky socks are escaping to other threads. I might just need to do something about that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.