main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends To Face Is To Conquer (update 1/1 FINALLY!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Mystralgurl, Jun 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    Back!

Very, very sorry Master. Computer dumped my C:// drive, and I've had no way to contact you until today.

Thanks to Filip for being a true fan :)

To everyone who says this is developing at a slow rate: :p Give us a break, we're teenagers.

A very belated Merry Christmas, and a happy new year to you all!

Love,

-DS

2. -Darksaber-

Mar 22, 2005
    Wooohoo! Page 12!

PS: I've decided that Jin is wet, so he's going to die shortly.

Ha, ha! As if...he may be wet, but I love him..

3. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Happy New Year guys! [:D]

Don't worry about the long lull in between posts. As a teenager myself, I completely understand. ;)

Computer dumped my C:// drive

I'm sorry! Computers drive me insane sometimes. For instance, right now all I want to do is save a file, but MS Word keeps freezing up and it takes 10 minutes to get from one folder to the next... *sigh*

4. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    We're teenagers, give us a break! y'know I never really thought about that before...

Glad you aren't mortally wounded....

And no, we will not kill Jin, padawan! He is sort of vital to the story... maybe we can find someone else for you to kill....

5. -Darksaber-

Mar 22, 2005
    Highlight the bottom, Master...it was one of my mildly insane hidden jokes...

Like this one.

6. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    silly silly padawan..

okay, peoples! We've written the last post, we just need each other's approvals and edits, and Jodie'll post it and you may all feel free to bask in our glow...

7. -Darksaber-

Mar 22, 2005
    Bask, bask! Bask in our reflected glory!

Okay, I'm posting the new one....nooooow...

Likhi laced her fingers, and moved slightly from foot to foot, waiting patiently for the discussion hall doors to be open. The parties were due to meet for the last time today, and since the occasion was so important for the newly forged relationships between the planet sides, she and Deltin had arrived slightly earlier than the other parties to be able to scout the place for possible booby traps hidden by both sides inside the building. Not that she had suspected there would be any. The two leaders had been surprisingly civil to one another in meeting, and a border and trades agreement contract had been drawn up that both sides agreed on, to be signed later that day. Final discussions were already underway, and if all went well today, they would be leaving for Coruscant by the following morning.

They had been talking on the way, about Jin's nightmare. Likhi had lied to him. She was afraid to die. The unknown scared her. When he had mentioned not wanting her to die.... and the voice! It reminded her of an incident with her own Master. The second master, that is. She had been dreaming, a nightmare, and her Master had said the same thing happened to her, as what Jin had done the night before... a voice had come out of her, not her own, a man's voice, saying she was in her safe place, and wanted to be left alone. She never had remembered that dream. And the date! Seventeen days from now, she was utterly convinced something would happen. But what? Is that when she would die?

She stifled a sigh, and calmed her thoughts, releasing them to the wind whipping around her. They had been waiting for nearly three hours since the security checks were completed, and as the sun rose, so did the heat. The glare of light reflected off the hard terrain was achingly bright on her eyes, despite the protective lenses she was wearing. She was thirsty, and her water bottle had been empty for nearly fifty minutes. Unable to catch a transport the whole way, since this part of the planet was for the most part primitive and uninhabited, they had been forced to walk through nearly four miles of bare, ploughed fields to arrive here, forcing her to drink more than she would have liked.

She glanced across at Deltin, wiping away sweat that was beading on her forehead, wondering if the heat was as much as a nuisance to him as it was to her. To her surprise, she found him reclining on the ground, eyes closed, a small smile on his face, looking perfectly relaxed and unbothered by the temperature.

?What?re you doing, Deltin??

He opened his eyes, one hand shading them from the sun. ?Sunbathing. It?s so nice out here, isn?t it? Perfect for relaxation.?

?But?? she spluttered. ?The leaders??

He waved a hand dismissively. ?I commed Salen a few moments ago. Their transport was delayed. Apparently there?s a new route being built, or something. They shouldn?t be here for at least another hour. So, I?m making use of the time for relaxation and quiet reflection. Why not join me??

She bristled at the thought of being seen sprawled out on the ground when the representatives arrived. ?I?d rather not. But you might have informed me they were to be late, and let me sit down.?

He grinned. ?I was seeing how long it took you to ask. I?ve been here for six minutes, and you didn?t notice.?

She frowned, and turned away, sitting down neatly on the edge of the path. ?Well, that was because??

?Concentrate on your surroundings, you must, youngling. Be mindful of the living Force. Hum!? he replied, doing a very credible Yoda impression. She turned back, half smiling, and gasped.
    His face hadn?t changed, but in place of his own were two green, pointed ears that were a faultless copy of Master Yoda?s. He smiled, and as she watched, he closed his eyes in concentration, and the ears drooped, melting back into his head, leaving his own in place.

?I love being able to do that.? He muttered, and gingerly felt his head to check if he had successfully

8. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Wow! That was definitely worth the wait!

Likhi and Deltin's conversation felt so natural and it was full of emotion. I think they touched on everything, didn't they. In that one scene, they forged a powerful connection of trust which I'm sure will become important later. I loved it! I'm having trouble describing why, but I absolutely loved this post! :D

I wonder what will happen to Likhi in seventeen days... She'd better not die! :eek: ;)

9. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    Padawan! We still have a reader! *gasp*

I'm so glad you liked the post! We're actually working on another already, in hopes it won't be so late as this past one..

Not kill Likhi? mwahahaha....

10. padawanlissa

padawanlissa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Don't kill Likhi! If you kill her I'll stop reading.

11. -Darksaber-

Mar 22, 2005
    Lissa, that's evil :)

12. Just_Jill

Just_Jill Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2002
    I knew I liked her, brave woman that she is!

I'll miss her if you kill her, too, you know.

I find I like Deltin, too (I didn't realize for some reason that he wasn't human!). Especially in the way her treats her.

I was sad that the conversation was finished, but hopefully, there will be time for another one.

Excellently done, and worth the wait!

Just Jill

P.S. Thanks for the pm - but with just the initials, I had no idea what you were talking about....

13. Tirra_Parr

Tirra_Parr Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2002
    Wonderful post!

I never suspected that Deltin wasn't human. Clever Authors!

@};-.

~tirra

14. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    but we mentioned it! When Jin and Likhi first get the mission and meet Deltin and Rad, Likhi runs through his description in her mind, and I'm pretty sure clawdite was in there...

15. -Darksaber-

Mar 22, 2005
    I'm sure we did, Master, wait...I'll check...

*walks off and looses herself in the fifty eight pages of story*

Yes! But it was a rather long time ago, so I'll forgive you.

Deltin Eldrish, aged thirty-eight, Clawdite male, a candidate for the Jedi Council.

It was in the council chambers with Yoda, remember guys?

If anyone's read the Star Wars: Galaxy of Fear books (which are probably for people waaay below my age, but *shrugs* when I see that logo, I can't help myself) , then you'll know that Uncle Hoole, a main character, is a Shiido, which is a species which is practically the same as Clawdite.

Thanks everyone, for reading and the nice comments...As my master said, we're being good little Jedi and working on the new post already :)

16. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    *embarrassed look* I've read a few of those... you know, I don't think they should actually be cannon....

17. Tirra_Parr

Nov 12, 2002
    Yeah you're right.

Just since I didn't know what a clawdite was I assumed it was a race rather than a species...

Silly me...

~tirra

18. -Darksaber-

Mar 22, 2005
    Master - I'm not sure they are.

Tirra - You're not silly! *hugs*

I'd write more of the new post tonight, but I have a migraine, and writers block....and am content to just lie here complaining...

19. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    no tirra, think Zam Wessell in AotC. She was Clawdite..

Aw, poor padawan... *rubs padawans head*

20. -Darksaber-

Mar 22, 2005
    Yes, that's a good one...I forgot Zam was a clawdite...

*hugs* Thanks Master...Feel much better today :)

21. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    *creeps back in*

*Waves*

Hi there - sorry for my long absence from here... *hopes to be forgiven*

Thanks for reminding me of this, Darksaber :)

Lets see, I'm far behind in commenting here.
    Well, I'll just put it together:
    Wonderful!
    This story just keeps getting better and better.

That thing with the numbers was creepy - especially after seeing 'Lost' and knowing about strange and creepy numbers there.... *shudders*

More soon, please??

22. -Darksaber-

Mar 22, 2005
    Qui-Gina-Jinn - *looks at strangley, but hands peanut butter cookie*

That's okay...I'll forgive you...We're losing readers because our writing is going maaaaajorly downhill lately...*scowls at stupid brain*

You're welcome... @};-

Thanks! *hugs*

Yes, that episode with Hurley was rather creepy...I forgot about that....Didn't mean to use them :)

Okay...we're working on the new post, so hopefully it shouldn't be too long before it's up....Though I'm moving house in a few days and wont have internet at home :(

May the Force be with you...

23. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    *gives all readers cookies*

gah! e-mail me when you get internet access again, padawan.

24. Tirra_Parr

Nov 12, 2002
    Cookie!!!

*eats cookie*

*eats broccoli*

Yummy!

Feel better Darksaber.

~tirra

25. JediKlea

JediKlea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Forgive my long absence![face_praying]

This story just keeps getting better and better! I think it's the best of all your stories. I especially loved that last post, I could see the conversation happening in my head...Very nice!

*shakes head at Tirra* broccoli cookie? Gross...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.