main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends To Face Is To Conquer (update 1/1 FINALLY!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Mystralgurl, Jun 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tirra_Parr

Tirra_Parr Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2002
    I'm glad a new post is coming!

Mystral, you are behind. Sometimes I think
    it would be best to not know whats going
    on in the world... Or at least have the
    news report the good things that are
    happening too.

I think the google problem is just a Heleman
    Halls thing because the computer labs across
    campus are fine, but here it's showing me a
    two toned square again...

Odd, I didn't expect hackers here. It's a very
    honorable religious place. We topped the nation
    on the lists of "stone cold sober", "don't inhale",
    "scotch and soda, hold the scotch", and "got
    milk?" according to the Princton Review. LOL

Kinda long...sorry...The funny thing is I don't
    really like to talk face to face.

~tirra

2. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    um... is being behind a good thing? what exactly am I behind in?

*strikes heroic pose*

never fear! Jodie and I will soon have a post up!

guess what is ironic? I had to get off the boards to go to an ortho appointment, and while I was at the orthadontists I saw a tv thingy on the bombings... so I am not quite so out of it now... :D

3. Mr_Fantastic

Mr_Fantastic Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 5, 2004
    Obviously you're not behind with the news any longer.
    Hurry up with the post will you?

"My client is getting impatient, and in no part due to Mystralgurl for not posting on Tuesday."-Jango Fett, ep2

4. Mr_Fantastic

Aug 5, 2004
    That was a line from the original ep2 script, but Lucas changed it because he didn't know he had 14-year, sorry, 12-year fans who wrote interesting EU stories at the time. So Darksaber had to change the line (Darksaber originally wrote the script for Attack of the Clones, you know, as a chance to praise her Master, but Lucas won't allow it). Yes it was a sad story.

But now the duo of young Jedi strike back taking the glory that should have been theirs back!

*At this Rick McCallum appears out of thin air, obviously offended by this last comment, blaster held ready, and I redirect him to the JTC/SDO dueling thread, where I intend not to show up because I can't bring myself to kill him because I need him to produce ep0 and at last he leaves to Skywalker Ranch*

At last we will reveal ourselves to those who stayed behind. At last we will have Mystralgurl.

Errr, this was a post to praise their deeds, to all NOOBS who don't get it.

Tuesday stuff was a joke. Every writer delays. You're actually one of the more responsible writers.

Patience is a virtue. I have it.

5. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    Thankyou all for your replies, and for waiting for this. It's rather long to thank you.

~Darksaber~

?Padawan? Jin, you?re going in the wrong direction..?

Jin glanced around at the corridor he?d just walked into. ?I am?? he said, not looking up from his boots.

?Well, unless the council meet in the crèche, yes, you are.?

?Oh. Sorry Master.? he murmured, turning around and heading in the opposite direction.

?Jin?I doubt they?re in the gardens, either.?

?Sorry.?

?You don?t have to apologise, Padawan. Just look where you?re going.?

Shoulders still slumped, stumbling slightly, Jin?s head rose slightly, enough to determine the correct direction to go in.

Likhi caught a momentary picture of him in the window reflection. His mouth was taught with worry and nervousness, and there were deepening shadows around his eye sockets that made him seem much thinner than usual. Though normally pale, this morning, his skin had taken on an ashen colour. But his eyes, they were the worst. They did not sparkle with mirth, or even some degree of happiness. They were listless, as were his movements, lacking something vital, lacking life itself. Jin looked?.haunted.

"Jin, what is wrong with you?"

He looked up at her, his eyes dead. "Nothing master. I guess I'm just nervous about the mission."

Likhi knew that wasn't why he was acting and looking so strange this morning, but she didn't want to push him where he didn't want to go.

Likhi stopped, but Jin kept walked. "Jin?" She called to him. "You might want to stop. The door to the council chamber is right here."

Jin turned around and trudged back to her. "Sorry, Master."

Likhi sighed and, as the door hissed open, she motioned Jin inside.

Of the council, strangely enough, only Master Yoda was there. But there were two other people, a Knight and a Padawan, both male, and humanoid in appearance. Likhi sensed, however, that the knight was not humanoid at all.... but he looked so normal. In his late 30s early 40s perhaps, shoulder length black hair and black eyes, a little over six feet, dark tan skin....

But he isn't humanoid her senses screamed at her. Not to mention the whole him being a male thing, which was starting to make her extremely nervous.

She just couldn't quite place what he was.

Yoda motioned Jin and Likhe forward. "Knight Eldrish this is. And Padawan Luthan. Your partners in this mission they will be."

Likhi bowed to Yoda. "Yes, Master Yoda."

Now she knew who he was.

Deltin Eldrish, aged thirty-eight, Clawdite male, a candidate for the Jedi Council.

His padawan, she hadn't heard of.

But Jin had. Thoughts slightly similar to Likhi's ran through his mind, although much more analytical.

Name: Radus Luthan. Age: 12 and a half. Eye color: Pale green. Height: 1.778 meters. 110 pounds at his last check up. Curly chestnut colored hair, usually cut short. Gender: male. Species: Human. Homeworld: Correllia. Likes joking around, not serious very often. If I am going on a mission with him, he may try to make me 'loosen up.' Also doesn't follow orders very well. Can?t remember the last time I saw him?Wait?It was the festival of lights last year?that didn?t end too well?

?Settle the border dispute, you will. Send one team, we would have, but know the sector, neither of you do. More easily settled it will be, if two are sent.?

He glanced at the other, Radus? Master.

Knight Eldrish.... he looks like my master's first master almost.... I'll have to keep him away from her.

Jin nodded, but wasn?t really listening. ?Yes, Master Yoda.?

?Leave today, you should. May the Force be with you all.?

Jin glanced at Radus as they left the hall. The Masters had moved off ahead, walking side by side, and discussing the mission, but the other Padawan seemed to want to hang behind, and talk to him. Naturally, he obliged, but he wasn?t really in the mood for conversation, even with someone who had once been his best friend.

?So?.Long time no see?? Radus said,

6. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    =D= I really enjoyed that! The haircut line at the end made me laugh. :D
    I really like Deltin and Radus. They seem like loveable characters. I want to know what's bothering Jin! And if Jin's master (I forgot her name again!) ever learns to feel comfortable around Deltin!
    More! More! :D ;)

7. -Darksaber-

Mar 22, 2005
    I really enjoyed that! The haircut line at the end made me laugh.

Thanks. It made me laugh too. I was looking at my brother whilst writing it, and since he's growing his hair, it's at the stage where it looks messy whatever you do to it. So I made Radie's the same... :)

I really like Deltin and Radus. They seem like loveable characters.

They are. Very sweet and loveable. *slips into Obi-Wan ANH voice* "They're for sale, if you want them..."

I want to know what's bothering Jin!

All will be revealed soon, my esteemed friend.

And if Jin's master (I forgot her name again!) ever learns to feel comfortable around Deltin!

I'm not giving anything away....

More! More!

We'll be happy to oblige soon.

8. Mr_Fantastic

Aug 5, 2004
    Deltin Eldrish R-O-C-K-S!!!

Who made him up? You or your Master? Please include more of the Masters in the following postos.
    I like younglings and Padawans, their naive perspectives of the world are so laughable, but I also want to read about the old "crazy old hermits", please.

Great post...as usual. You seem to not know failure, every post gets better and better.

PS Is Eldrish a Guardian, a Sentinel or a Consular?

9. -Darksaber-

Mar 22, 2005
    Deltin Eldrish R-O-C-K-S!!!

Yes, he does, doesn't he?

Who made him up? You or your Master? Please include more of the Masters in the following postos.

He's my creation. I came up with his name, and wrote the scene. So he's mine, but available for loan, since I haven't written about his apprenticeship, or birth.

I like younglings and Padawans, their naive perspectives of the world are so laughable, but I also want to read about the old "crazy old hermits", please.

If you're refering to Deltin as a "crazy old hermit", then there will be plenty more of him.

Great post...as usual. You seem to not know failure, every post gets better and better.

Thankyou so much. Great readers make for great posts [:D]

PS Is Eldrish a Guardian, a Sentinel or a Consular?

Guardian, as far as I know. Radus is a sentinel (or at least will be, when he completes his training), Likhi's a consular (I think. That's just a guess. You'll have to ask my master), and Jin'll be a sentinel, with tendencies towards healing.
    Thanks for reading!

10. Mr_Fantastic

Aug 5, 2004
    Mixture? Mixture!??? MIXTURE!???

Well, the Archives never prepared me for this....

OB1 in ep4 was behaving like a Sentinel (there are alternatives to fighting) and Consular, for most of the time...but was instead a Guardian.

But I take the mixture was refered to the behaviour.

I will take it that he is a Sentinel then.

And I thought him a Consular. I'm being misled by someone clouding my vision....

OH GOD! There's a SITH LORD in my town!

*goes to find him*

11. -Darksaber-

Mar 22, 2005
    His name's Darth Whiney, and he's out to steal your cat. Oh, by the way, I think you'll find I edited that. It now makes sense...

12. Tirra_Parr

Nov 12, 2002
    Awesome postie!

I like the new characters.

Would offer more praise, but I got work to do...dern.

~tirra

13. Anastasia_Fel

Anastasia_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    Thanks for th PM DS, keeps me in track, especially when I can't get on the computer very often.

I'd give a long review, but everyone else said the stuff I wanted to!! ;)

But, the one thing I will repeat is the greatness of this update, i like this Deltin character, nice creation :D

Sam

14. Mr_Fantastic

Aug 5, 2004
    What cat? I have no cat.

15. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    Great post!
    I don't like how Jin doesn't want to talk about what's borthering him... [face_worried]

I like Deltin :)

Btw, thanks for letting me know of the update, Darksaber :D

16. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    *big grin at all the readers*

I am starting to feel left out of my story... everybody posts on the weekends when I am not allowed on, and then I come and my padawan has replied to them all...

Padawan, didn't I make Deltin? I thought you made Radus? I am confused again... I think I need more sleep......

you want to explain what the Guardian, Sentinal, Consular thing is? I don't understand....

17. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Wonderful post! Thanks for the PM about the upate!

First off what's wrong with Jin?? Secondly I love the new characters too! I hope the padawan will help bring Jin out of his shell. I thought it was so sweet that Jin was going to keep an eye on the master to protect his master!

More please! :)

18. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    Mystral, Guardian, Sentinal and Consular are different classes of Jedi.
    The only place I've seen them is in the game Knights of the Old Republic.

Your class is determined from how you behave - wheter you will rely on fighting skills, arguing and so on.
    I can't remember which is which at the moment, but I'm sure someone around here can...

19. Tirra_Parr

Nov 12, 2002
    Mystral, it's monday! What are you doing here?
    I am glad to see you though. Any posties on the other stories?

Darksaber, the PM was great, thanks.

I want more story!

~tirra

20. Mr_Fantastic

Aug 5, 2004
    Guardians battle the dark side. They focus more on lightsaber combat training. Their respected lightsaber color is blue, which recognises them as members of this class in the Jedi Order. Guardians are superb with every weapon. Battle is what drives these Jedi. In other words, they are weaponmasters. Their wisdom comes in time, they do not rush it.

Sentinels seek out the injustice and bring it to the light. They settle problems without igniting a saber. They are well-balanced between lightsaber focus and Force powers. They have special stealh abilities and they use sneak attacks on their enemies. Yellow. They progress through their class skills far more than their comrades.

Consulars tend to bring balance back to the Universe. Green is the blade colour of this group. They focus entirely on the Force and all its mysteries, learning the ancient powers of the light Masters of the past. They study the holocrons and learn about life, death and life after. They use the Force prior to their lightsaber. Their knowledge of the Force is unparalled. They spend most of their time deep in meditation, trying to center themselves as they feel the entire Galaxy in their soul. Their Force powers echo in the Universe and leave a great impact there. Only Consulars can study all 4 Force forms. Consulars communicate to the Force and learn acceptance and compassion at a higher level then the rest of the Jedi. They are much stronger in Force then other Jedi, they are almost one with it. Also, the path to immortality was discovered by a Shaman of the ancient order of the Whills, a secret studied by Qui-Gon, who was a Consular.

21. -Darksaber-

Mar 22, 2005
    Whoo! Losts of posties!

Tirra_Parr Thankyou! I like them too, and I understand about the work, bud. Keep working hard!

Anastasia_Fel You're welcome, but I assure you, it was only to lure you here! Yeah, that's the problem....Oh well! I'm sure you'll think of summit next time!
    Thanks. I like him too.

Mr_Fantastic Dog? Hamster? Grandma? Your choice, matey.

Qui-Gina-Jinn Thanks! Jin's a very private person. He'll open up eventually...I like him too! You're welcome :)

Master- You may have. My memory concerning the subject is decidedly vague. But I know I made the name, and wrote the post!

mouse2- Oh, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou! You're welcome..
    I'm not telling..You'll have to wait and see ;). Radus has a knack for things like that. Oh, Jin's like a little puppy dog...He'll do anything for her, now...hint, hint..Yup, more soon..

Thankyou to you all for replying, you guys don't know how much it means to me... :)

New update as soon as master gets back to me...And all will be revealed...[:D]

22. Black_Scout

Black_Scout Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2003
    Great couple of posts; esspecially the start of the last one, that made me smile :)

23. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    *looks guiltily down at her feet and whispers softly*

I snuck on.....

24. Mr_Fantastic

Aug 5, 2004
    Hello there Mystralgurl

25. JediKlea

JediKlea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Amazing posts! Sorry I haven't been on in awhile, life is driving me crazy, I love the story!!!!!! I love Jin!!!!!!!

As for the other two, do you take credits?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.