main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends To Face Is To Conquer (update 1/1 FINALLY!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Mystralgurl, Jun 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawanlissa

padawanlissa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Post more! Post More! I want to see what happens next!

2. Tirra_Parr

Tirra_Parr Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2002
    Cha! Post more!

~tirra

3. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    Yay! page six!

There will be a new post soon, I assure you.

padawanlissa - Post more! Post More! I want to see what happens next!
    Patience, my fellow padawan. We'll update soon.

tirra_parr - Okay, sheesh...Lol...

4. JediKlea

JediKlea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Oh thank you, I made it up myself :D

5. JediKlea

Jun 19, 2002
    POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: Please? O:)

6. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    we are working on it! honest! hey, haven't I seen you somewhere before?? :D

7. -Darksaber-

Mar 22, 2005
    Okay, I'm really sorry to everyone I've left waiting for this. It's entirely my fault it's late, since all my plot bunnies escaped, and I've had a hard time rounding them up. It's awful, but at least it's something....

Thanks to all readers.

~DS~

Deltin stood in the cockpit of the ship, one hand above his left temple, shielding his eyes from the glare of their destinations nearest sun. The windows had darkened to protect his eyes, of course, but the yellow dwarf?s light was still uncomfortably bright, and he liked to gauge planets from orbit whenever possible. Coruscant, for example, was a mass of grey, and Dura-Crete, the heart of the Republic, and yet as unfriendly as they came. This one, he had decided, was much more inviting.

The planet was a rich haven of greens and browns, huge islands surrounded by glinting blue water. A beautiful planet, full of life and the Living Force. He inhaled deeply, feeling its life swirl around him; a brilliant current which refreshed and renewed him even as he thought about it. Yes, he decided. This was going to be interesting.

From the briefing, he?d managed to gather that the planet was in conflict, yes, but the conflict of the intelligent and peace loving. They would, in time, probably solve their problems themselves, but since it was barely weeks before the growing season, time
    was something they did not have. There was a very low violence rate on the planet, but apart from that, not much was known about the world, and indeed the system. It had been almost a hundred years since the last Jedi team had visited to the planet.

He felt, rather than heard, someone approaching from behind. He turned, and recognised the figure of Knight Aniam. He scratched his
    beard, and smiled. "Hello."

She jumped. Lost in her own thoughts, she had forgotten he was there. "Oh?hello. It?s my turn at the helm. You might want to get
    some sleep. We?ll be arriving in four hours."

Likhi stood at the view port, staring out at the planet. It was beautiful, but it reminded her of the place where she and her Master had gone once. He had been standing looking at the view, and told her to get him a drink.

She remembered trembling in front of him, handing him the hot cup. He had turned suddenly, and it had spilled all over him. She had bruises for three months, and he had lied, saying she got them on the mission.

It was so similar.....

A voice startled her from behind. "It's beautiful, isn't it?" Her eyes slid shut. So similar.....

"Likhi? Are you all right?" He lifted his hand, to rest it on her shoulder. She moved so fast it startled him, snakelike it seemed.
    Her hand shot out and hit him on the jaw, snapping it audibly, and knocking him back against the wall.

Deltin shook his head to clear the stars, and gingerly felt his jaw to make sure it wasn't broken.

Slowly he looked up at Likhi. She was staring at the wall behind him, and seemed to have shrunk, like she was afraid he would hit
    her back, but it wasn't him she was afraid of.

Deltin stretched out with the Force, calming her. He saw bits and pieces of what was apparently a flashback.

Why did you do that?!

I didn't try to! You turned at the wrong time, and hit it. It wasn't my fault!

Of course it was! You're just trying to get out of punishment, punishment that you rightly deserve. It won't work on me, as it did when you were in the hands of the other Masters and Knights. I see through your lies and deceit.

No! Please! I'll be good! I won't do it again!

It doesn't matter! You cannot be allowed to get away with what you have done. Face your punishment like a Jedi!

No! Don't hit me again! Please!

He gently wrapped his huge hands around her upper arms. "Likhi! Come back! That time is over, you have no need to fear now."

But she didn't listen. Her body jerked as if she had been struck, and her eyes rolled back into her head just before she collapsed.

Jin ran to the bridge, Radus behind him, trying to get him to explain what was going on.

8. Just_Jill

Just_Jill Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2002
    That was a mere teaser! I want more!

Excellent, excellent post! I loved what Deltin said about the Code - and that he refused to explain it. I hope he does, sometime soon.

Oh, and to quote some of my readers - do we get to hunt down this Master of hers and draw and quarter him? Please?

Just Jill

9. Tirra_Parr

Nov 12, 2002
    I love the postie.

@};-s for both of you.

~tirra

10. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    =D= Good job on this post!

Likhi's flashback was so sad! :( Poor lady!

I wonder what Deltin was leading up to about the Code... [face_thinking]

More please! O:)

11. -Darksaber-

Mar 22, 2005
    Just_Jill - That was a mere teaser! I want more! I want never gets...Lol...Thankyou. Did you? I put that in at the last moment...Wasn't sure whether it would have the desired effect...or have him too roguish to be a Jedi. He reminds me of Qui-Gon, a little...

Oh, I don't know about that. You'll have to as my master....[face_thinking]

Tirra_Parr- Thanks. Oh, and thanks for the flower.

Nienna_Narmolanya- :) Thanks. My master writes her beautifully. I wonder too...Well, I don't 'cause I've already worked it out, but.....Lol...

Again, thanks to all readers.
    *walks off, [face_whistling] SW theme*

12. JediKlea

Jun 19, 2002
    I like! *offers cookie*

13. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Excellent post!

Deltin is really a good guy and I was glad to see that Jin saw he was too. Likhi's flashback was truely horrible. Now I'll have to think of nasty things to do to her former master!

Looking forward to the next post! :)

14. -Darksaber-

Mar 22, 2005
    JediKlea- Mmm! Macadamia nut! *eats* Thanks!

mouse2 - Thankyou. Yes, I'm glad too. I couldn't have Jin constantly scowling at him, now, could I? He's his best friends master. I'd hate to have to make Jin and Radie fall out. They're so cute together. It was, wasn't it? Master wrote that very well, I thought...Yay!

More'll be up very soon, because my plot bunnies have multiplied. Again, thankyou all.

15. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    you know what they say, when one plot bunny meets another, they usually have a rather large amount of baby bunnies... (okay, I just made that up, but now everyone can go around saying that.. :D )

I'm sorry, we must not have made that clear... Likhi's first Master died. Her second master was much kinder to her... but she still has flash-backs apparently... how did we make her first master die again, Padawan? I don't remember...

lots of lovely readers...

*hands out cookies*

16. -Darksaber-

Mar 22, 2005
    I can't remember, Master mine. Possibly he burnt horribly in some firey cavern?

And the cookies were stale [face_sick]

17. padawanlissa

padawanlissa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Yippee! Another update!

18. -Darksaber-

Mar 22, 2005
    :) I'm glad to make you happy.

19. Tirra_Parr

Nov 12, 2002
    Thanks for the cookie, Mystral!

Stale cookies are good.
    Just saturate them with milk.
    Good milk, not nasty skim milk-water.

~tirra

20. -Darksaber-

Mar 22, 2005
    Oh, okay...

*dips cookie in blue nerf-milk*

Mmm....

21. JediKlea

Jun 19, 2002
    *throws flavorful purple crystals in milk* nummy ummy!

22. Tirra_Parr

Nov 12, 2002
    Klea, I told you to stay away from the magic purple crystals...
    They might feel good but they are not good.

~tirra

23. JediKlea

Jun 19, 2002
    :( but they are so nummy yummy! :_|
    Alright alright, I'll eat my veggies *sulks*

24. -Darksaber-

Mar 22, 2005
    Now, now, don't fight.

Klea, you may keep the crystals, as long as you don't use them.

Tirra, you are in charge of making sure she doesn't use them.

Okay??

No more arguing on my masters thread, or I'll get you with my gimmer stick.

25. JediKlea

Jun 19, 2002
    *tearful sniff* but, but, but, then what's the point of having them? *sniff sniff* I could I suppose place them in a glass vial and gaze at them, but, THEY TASTE SO YUMMY *inconspicuously pops one in mouth*

*gimmer stick descends* YYYYYYYYOOOOOOUCH!!!!!!!!!![face_beatup]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.