main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends To Face Is To Conquer (update 1/1 FINALLY!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Mystralgurl, Jun 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just_Jill

Just_Jill Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2002
    That was DELIGHTFUL! I loved that little exchange!

I'm glad to hear your Padawan is doing better. This is a really fun fic. You guys are really good at it.

Just Jill

2. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    [face_laugh] What an awesome post! Likhi's secret was so hilarious!

But this post also had a softer, sadder side. :( All of Likhi's friends dying on missions...Jin outliving his master...and those who come after his master...

This part in particualar got to me:

Likhi stared out into the rain for a moment. ?I do??

She has so many secrets, dark secrets and I can only imagine what's going through her head at this moment. :_|

=D=

I'm so glad Darksaber's out of the hospital! I pray her surgery goes well, her family finds a house soon, and everything returns to normal for her. @};-

3. padawanlissa

padawanlissa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Likhi shook her head. ?But it will cause something of a scandal at the Temple? a respected master having played stupid practical jokes! Imagine??

nice update, Mystralgurl:)

4. Tirra_Parr

Tirra_Parr Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2002
    Wonderful postie!

I'm going to sleep now.

~tirra

5. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    I apologize for not posting earlier. With moving, fighting with my internet server to hook us back up and then going on vacation I haven't had that much time online.

I am so sorry to hear about Darksaber! I will keep her and her family in my prayers!

Now on a more happier note... Brilliant post! I love the closeness that is continuing to grow between Jin and Likhi. They really are quite good for each other. I loved Likhi's secret, but it made it even more enjoyable when Deltin told his!

6. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    Latest update on -Darksaber-: she is out of surgery by now, I think, and so, when she e-mails me next, I should have more information. She was really blessed by all of your messages, and said to thank all of you for you prayers and all.

Just_Jill thank you! I had fun with that... I'll let her know you said that!

Nienna_Narmolanya What an awesome post! Likhi's secret was so hilarious! :D I had a debate there, whether or not to make it a sad secret, but I went with fun..

This part in particualar got to me:

Likhi stared out into the rain for a moment. ?I do??

She has so many secrets, dark secrets and I can only imagine what's going through her head at this moment.
    yea...

I'm so glad Darksaber's out of the hospital! I pray her surgery goes well, her family finds a house soon, and everything returns to normal for her. thank you! we both appreciate your prayers, and I'll let everyone know how the surgery went, unless she is able to get on sometime soon and tell you herself, which would be totally cool!

padawanlissa thank you!

Tirra_Parr nightie-night then...

mouse2 don't worry about it.. I understand being busy.. thank you for the prayers for my padawan! yea, I thought it was funny when my muse told me, too...

7. Tirra_Parr

Nov 12, 2002
    Sorry, I was going to do a better praise post, but it's
    midterm week, and I really needed to sleep...

Wonderful post, but I think I already said that. I'm so
    glad we got to learn more about Jin, I've often wondered
    what it would be like to live significantly longer than
    everyone else around. I even thought that iut would be an
    interesting story idea, no further plot would present itself
    though, so I gave up. I'm glad someone is going for it though.

Is that better?

~tirra

8. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    *there is a dramatic drumroll, and a shadowy figure, dressed in Jedi robes steps into the post from the darkness*

*she pulls back her hood to reveal it is her, Jodie-Wan, back at least!*

Hey everyone! It seems like an eternity since I was here!

My master gave you all the news, right? I'm outta hospital, and raring to go. [face_dancing]

Thankyou to everyone for the kind words, prayers and well wishing messages. I've missed you all terribly. My hands are nearly healed, and although my computer melted, I've managed to get myself down to an internet cafe and reply to you all.

Hugs all round! [:D]

Although I was pretty much unable to work on a post, I did add a little to the one my master wrote for the both of us. She's brilliant, isn't she? Lets hear it for her! *applauds* She's an O:)

I'd like to say a big thankyou to you all for waiting, and I'm glad your enjoying the story. The new post should be a joint effort, I promise!

Once again, thankyou.

[:D] [:D] [:D]

Tirra_Parr
    ? Weird as I am, I can?t fit in a desk drawer. Thank you for the roses, and the thought. *big hug*

Qui-Gina-Jinn
    - Thanks. *gives presents and a hug*

Padawanlissa
    ? Nice to hear from you. Diolle lle.

Mr_Fantastic ? Thanks. I?m so glad to have everyone?s support. New postie soon, just for you! You live up to your name. You're a fantastic person.

*big hug*

Nienna_Narmolanya- Thank you for the kind words, prayers and thoughts. You?re the best. *Hug*

9. Tirra_Parr

Nov 12, 2002
    Yea! Jodie's back!!!!!

I did find my socks in the desk drawer and the fridge
    a couple times though. Also my phone was in the laundry
    bag for almost a month...weird huh?

I'm so glad you're back!!!

I gots a hug!

More @};-s for both my authors.

~tirra

10. padawanlissa

padawanlissa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Yay! -Darksaber- is back:)

11. Mr_Fantastic

Mr_Fantastic Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 5, 2004
    DS,

You actually posted so quickly after the surgery.
    My God! You truly take all your things seriously, even on the boards. I am amazed by the progress of your recovery and your ability to pull yourself together so fast. You have the strongest will of all the people I've come across here. Glad your family's OK. Hope your hands are better.
    Nobody's ever told me anything so sweet in my life.[:D]
    I was amazed by Jin's ability to outlive Yoda. I thought their species was the oldest in the galaxy. The idea of Jin remembering his master more than anyone seems so idyllic. A pity he's not in TPM. But that raises questions. Does he die? If he did, it would be a sad emotional story. But you do not need to take it there. After all, GL didn't kill Han Solo in ROTJ.
    You're far more fantastic than I, DS.

MF.

12. -Darksaber-

Mar 22, 2005
    Tirra_Parr ? Yes, it?s me!!!! Thank you!! *Scoops up floweries and plays with them*

Padawanlissa ? I?m back, and here to stay! It?s the Return of the Darksaber?

Mr_Fantastic
    ? If not for the support of family, friends, my master, and my JC buddies, then I couldn?t have done it. I?m nothing special, and I really want to get on with life how it was before. And sure, I take this seriously. It?s fun, but I love working on our story, and it?s been practically torture staying away?. My fingers are free to type at last?. However it still takes me forever XD

They haven?t? How could that be? You?re a sweet guy, Filip.

As for Jin?s lifespan, the official SW species guide defines Gen?Dai:

A rare species with an unusually long lifespan -- some Gen'Dai reportedly have lived for over four thousand years.
    The peculiar nervous and circulatory systems of the Gen'Dai makes them extremely resistant to physical injury. The Gen'Dai physiology boasts millions of nerve clusters throughout the body, and a vascular system that distributes blood without the need of a central heart. Lacking the vulnerable vital organs of most humanoids, a Gen'Dai could sustain multiple lacerations and even, it is rumoured, complete dismemberment and yet still survive. In addition to these extremes of endurance, the distributed neural network gives the Gen'Dai phenomenal reflexes. Should a Gen'Dai sustain too many injuries, they are capable of entering into extended periods of hibernation, during which they can heal wounds, recover from disease, and slow the aging process.
    With such formidable physical abilities, it is fortunate for the galaxy at large that the Gen'Dai are, by nature, not an aggressive species. They are nomadic, and their home world has been lost to the ages. Due to a low birth rate, the Gen'Dai are very rarely encountered, and they usually avoid confrontation if possible.

He?s not in TPM?well?because I hadn?t invented him then. Perhaps he was on a mission, or teaching younglings, or he was there, and we didn?t see? Any ideas?

I was looking for a humanoid species that hadn?t really been elaborated on for the story, and came across Gen?Dai?and Jin was born. However, certain features are completely my own, for descriptive purposes?

· Pointed ears (I love elves, and LOTR? had to put that in there somewhere?)
    · The fact that because Jin is not fully Gen?Dai, he has a heart (unlike most Gen?Dai), but it?s in a different place.
    · Purple eyes
    · The fact they appear mostly human; I have no idea when they look like.

As for him dying? I don?t think he will. I kinda want him to have survived the purge, and to meet TOT heroes? Though it may be hard for me to write. I had this grand vision of some sort of story set during the purge, where he somehow doesn?t die, or after. Perhaps he?s hibernating when Ani becomes Vader? Or maybe he hides? Maybe he could come and help Luke at the Praxium? Whatever reason, he must survive? I love writing him.

13. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    personally, I am wondering what we're gonna do with Likhi....

14. Mr_Fantastic

Aug 5, 2004
    Yes, well, I love reading him.;)

15. -Darksaber-

Mar 22, 2005

Master- personally, I am wondering what we're gonna do with Likhi.... Me too. We also have to establish how old the main charies are in the fanfic. How long is it before the purge? Are we gonna do a joint sequel?

Mr_Fantastic - You do?

16. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    augh! to many questions padawan!

17. -Darksaber-

Mar 22, 2005
    Questions are how we learn, Master mine XD.

18. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Jodie!!! [:D] I'm glad you're feeling better! I hope things begin to settle down for you and your family soon!

Interesting info about Jin's species. :) I own the species guide, but I haven't read it yet. Too busy reading the New Essential Guide to Characters... ;)

19. Mr_Fantastic

Aug 5, 2004
    You're holding your Padawan too tight, MG

20. -Darksaber-

Mar 22, 2005
    Nienna_Narmolanya - Thankyou! Yes, i'm feeling much better...We bought a new computer the other day, and we should have the internet up and running by sometime next week..then I won't have to use this damn internet cafe...You should read it...Since I don't own a copy, I only have as much information on Jin as Google'll give me.

*big hug*

Mr_Fantastic
    - Hey Filip! How're you? Na, she's okay....She's the best Master I could hope for.

*gives presents for being such a nice reader*

Myself and MG have been working on the new post, and it'll be up sometime next week...Hugs for all, hope you have a nice time waiting!

21. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    *hugs padawan a little looser*

I think we've done the post and gotten it where we want it, if you wanted to post it, padawan...

22. Tirra_Parr

Nov 12, 2002
    New post soon!?!

That's lovely.

~tirra

23. -Darksaber-

Mar 22, 2005
    Tirra_Parr - Thankies...New post right now!

Sorry for the wait, everyone!

?So we?re agreed??

Likhi, Radus and Jin nodded, and Deltin got to his feet, gathering his things. Radus moved as if to follow him, but Deltin shook his head.

?Not this time, Radie. I?ve got to go alone. I don?t think it would be safe for you.?

?But?.?

?I know you want to come. But really, it?s for your own safety, young one. I can?t watch my own back and yours at the same time.?

He laid a hand on his Padawan?s shoulder for a moment, and murmured something only he could hear:

?There?ll be other times, Radus. Be patient, my Padawan.?

Turning around, he walked briskly away, the fabric of his cloak swishing around his ankles. The door to the apartment closed with a solid thump, and the three were alone.

Radus pulled a face at the door. ?Sith! I?m sick of being left behind. He knows I can take care of myself. Why wont he let me prove it??

Likhi picked up the empty caf mugs from the table and dropped them into the chute for cleaning.

?Your Master worries about you. He does not want to see you hurt. If it were me going out there, I would not allow Jin to accompany me.?

Jin looked up from his mug, which he had been studying for the last few moments, and nodded. ?I wouldn?t expect you to. It?s dangerous.?

Radus scowled. ?Shut up, Sithling.?

Jin glared at him. ?Just because you?re older and fatter doesn?t mean you can boss me around, stinking Krath??

Both boys then burst into hysterical laughter. Likhi gave them an odd look.

?Am I missing something here? It sounded to me like you both insulted each other there, but??

Jin smiled. ?Um?private joke, Master. From a long time ago. Man, I?d forgotten about that?.You remember the look on his face, Rad??

Radus nodded, smiling widely. ?Like it was yesterday. How long ago was that, Jin??

Jin thought for a moment. ?One thousand, eight hundred??

Radus reached over and swatted him playfully. ?Not days, silly. Years.?

Jin smiled apologetically. ?Sorry. About five and a half. You?d have been about seven and a half, I?d have been six.?

The fell into the sort of easy silence that can only exist between good friends. Jin lay back, exhausted, and was on the point of sleep when the sudden insistent bleeping of Radus? commlink rang out. Radus fumbled with it for a moment before managing to turn it on.

?Stupid thing always gets stuck?? he muttered, as Deltin?s voice came across, crackling noisily. His tones sounded slightly breathless, and to Jin?s horror, was accompanied by the sound of blaster fire.

?Radie! Get?.Knight Aniam??

?She?s here, Master?? he said, his voice full of worry as he passed the comm to Likhi.

?Yes? Okay. Hang on, I?ll be right there??

Likhi was already fastening her cloak as the commlink clicked off.

She turned to Radus and Jin. ?It?s like he suspected. Some Direito rebels have formed an alliance with a group from Intervalo. They?re burning houses and businesses in Deixado. The blaster shots you heard were supposed to be a warning to Master Eldrish to leave. He?s holding them off from hurting anyone, but he can?t do it for long. I?ve got to go.?

She ran, more than walked towards the door, before turning, and adding sternly:

?You two stay here. You here me? Don?t even step outside. If I find out you have?.?

Her stern gaze was more than enough warning for them, and with that, she turned and sprinted out into the rain.

Radus paced before the fire, annoyed at being left out.

?It?s not fair?.it?s probably not even that dangerous, and they leave us behind. Typical.?

?Radie, you know you don?t mean that. It?s plenty dangerous for them out there without them having to look out for us as well.?

Radie frowned. ?Yes,? he admitted. ?But I?m not happy about it. I don?t like sitting around. I like to be out?doing things.?

24. Just_Jill

Just_Jill Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2002
    A nice look at the friendship between the two Padawans. Very sweet.

But how did Deltin get so wet?

Just Jill

25. -Darksaber-

Mar 22, 2005
    Just Jill - It was raining :) Her stern gaze was more than enough warning for them, and with that, she turned and sprinted out into the rain.

Sorry I didn't make it more clear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.