main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San A, TX To FanForce Members

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Senator_Of_Naboo, Feb 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Senator_Of_Naboo

Senator_Of_Naboo Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2002

Hi all,
    Lately I've been wondering about this group. We have had a great
    start a lot of great times, but now it seems that things have died
    down. Not because we haven't a huge amount of people, but because
    we have become a group that doesn't participate. We all need to make
    an effort to participate or this group will fall apart. Please if
    you have a voice speak up tell us what you want to do. Stop
    depending on others to do things, and start making things happen. I
    am going to keep trying to do my part, and I have even decided to
    give up my group so I can help this one. Please do your part, keep
    the message boards at Fan Force, and JCOT full of ideas/discussions,
    attend the meetings, attend the conventions/activities, and keep the
    Council going.
    Thank you,
    Cassy

PS To those who attend/participate this email is not for you.

2. jedirita

jedirita Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2001
    I know that people's lives are busy, and it can be hard to go out on Saturday afternoon to a meeting. I was scared to death the first time I went to a Fan Force meeting, because I was new to San Antonio and didn't know anyone. But I am so glad I went! Everyone in the group is so nice. They welcomed me right away, and now my best friends in San Antonio are in the group. It is wonderful to know other people who love Star Wars as much as me, who will spend hours dissecting the latest NJO book or know how to shop for lightsaber parts at Home Depot. So if you are a lurker, I encourage you to come to one of our Fan Force meetings. Believe me, you will NOT regret it!

3. ObiJuan70

ObiJuan70 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    Good Post :)

4. Vaderman247

Vaderman247 Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2002
    I am now going to throw in my change!! How can you not wish to be in a Star Wars fan group?! I looooooove you guys. I try to make every meeting I can. Heck, I even blew off work one saturday to be at a meeting.

I can't wait for our meeting every month. It perks me up. We should plan a SERIOUS trip to a Star Wars themed location, like Skywalker Ranch or we should do something to get us all in Star Wars Insider. Usually I'm very good with words, but I'm just wishing that people wouldn't be so afraid to be geeky and just come to the meetings. I know, we should do a raid on the "other" group's meeting. Like a hit and run!!! We need to start a feud!!! Hatfields and McCoys!!!

You know you guys are welcome to come over to my crappy apartment anytime to hang out and see all my neat-o toys!!! Just ring me

Marselles
    210-647-1826

5. ObiJuan70

ObiJuan70 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    Marselles, I commend you on your enthusiasm my friend. I think that since we have some conventions in the next few months that we should look in to a road trip. It's a good opportunity to hang out with friends that you know already and meet some new ones :)

As for hitting some Lucas themed locations, MAN that would definitely rule. That's definitely something we can look in to. For our March meeting, make sure you bring that topic up again buddy cause that would be really awesome to do.

We've got alot of great things ahead of us people, eventhough this year we will not be seeing a Star Wars movie in the theatres, we can still be having fun with alot of other things. I have a BUNCH of activities to bring up at the meeting that I think you all will like.

Take Care Friends and MTFFBWY

John

6. jedirita

jedirita Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2001
    Star Wars themed locations, eh? Well, I *have* been to Tunisia and stayed at the ol' Lars Homestead.... :) And while I would LOVE to go to Skywalker Ranch or ILM, why don't we pick some place that we can actually legally visit? I have never been to Disneyworld or land -- whichever is the one with the cool Star Wars rides. I would LOVE to go! Don't they do Star Wars theme days at Disneyplanet? We should do that sometime!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.