main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

To Find The Sun (Obi-torture,Qui-angst,and all that stuff....first post 14/1/03)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by female_obi_wan, Jan 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. female_obi_wan

female_obi_wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    This is probably a BIG mistake. In my two-or-something years hanging around in various fandoms,I've started about eleven multi-part fanfics,and a grand total of around two ever got finished. Maybe it's the fault of all my homework,or maybe it's just that I can't concentrate on one thing for long enough. :) I really,really want to finish this one, though...

To Find The Sun

The Jedi Archives were a place of vast knowledge and information,but for a seventeen year old padawan trying to get some research done,they were completely and utterly boring.

Obi-Wan Kenobi folded up the pages of carefully written notes his Master had prepared for him,telling him exactly which records to find,and left. He had been spending far too long in the Archive area of late. Of course,most of it had been talking for hours hidden in a corner with Garen and Bant,discussing certain inappropiate things,such as how one might use the Force to build a speeder racing track in the Temple,and how much money they could charge...how much money Garen could charge...to let people use it...

Obi-Wan,lost in this thoughts,walked headlong into his Master.

"Speeder races,Padawan?" Qui-Gon's voice brought him back down to where he was.
    "Speeder races." Obi-Wan confirmed,deciding there was no point in pretended his Master hadn't picked up on most of that particular thought. "I voted podracing. Garen wanted speeders."

Both Jedi started walking down the busy corridor. Qui-Gon sighed. "This is what you've been doing when you were supposed to be researching,I take it?"
    "No,I did do some research." Obi-Wan said hastily. "Research into what I was meant to be researching...."
    "And what did you find out?"

Obi-Wan folded his arms and recited in a bored voice "Trolar is a small planet. It became part of the Republic not very long ago..."
    "At what date?" Qui-Gon persisted.
    "I...can't remember." Obi-Wan said. "Sorry,Master."
    "You must learn to always keep your mind focused on the task you've been given,Padawan." Qui-Gon said sternly. "What else?"
    "Trolar has been split into two 'sides' for as long as most people can remember." Obi-Wan said,searching his memory. "One side is called the Welna-that means 'place of kindness.' in the Trolar native tongue. The other is called Litna-that means 'pleace
    of courage'. Each side has many other names for the other,and none of them are pleasant."

Qui-Gon nodded.

"With the planet divided in two like that, and with the Welna side being poorer than the Litna,it's probably not surprising that the planet was torn apart by war. Both sides blame the other for the damage done to their planet. While the war is over now..."
    "...there is every chance that the hatred between the sides will restart the war and result in more destruction." Qui-Gon finished.

The two of them reached the council chambers. Obi-Wan walked in behind his Master. He always felt self-concious whenever he walked into the Chambers,and it irritated him somewhat,he thought he'd have grown out of it by now. Still,the council were the twelve most respected Jedi in the Order,and they were all looking at him...

Obi-Wan shifted his attention back to the meeting.

"Masters." Qui-Gon said,bowing. Obi-Wan followed suit.

"Called you here to discuss Trolar,we have." Yoda said. "Visit Litna,you will. In danger,their governor is."
    "The situation on Trolar is delicate." Mace Windu spoke up. "There are many on the planet who think that the Jedi should not get involved at all."
    "Tread carefully,you must." Yoda said,with a piercing look at both of them. "Done your research,have you,Padawan Kenobi?"
    Obi-Wan swallowed. "Yes,Master Yoda."
    Yoda nodded. "May the force be with you."
    "And with you,Master." Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan repeated. They bowed to the Council,and left the room. They had a important mission ahead of them.

Reviews? Nitpicks? Anything? ;)

2. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Hmmm... Good start. ;) Why does this sound familiar? :D

3. female_obi_wan

female_obi_wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    Thanks for replying Wild. :) I'll put the next part up tomorrow. Or maybe not,seeing as I got four pieces of homework in one day. ;)

4. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    ooh. Nice start. I like the interaction between Obi and Qui. Keep it up. :D

5. OBI_JEDI

OBI_JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    very nice,

I like it

more soon please

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.