main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"To Follow My Destiny" -- a Dark Leia AU -- HURRAH!!! An UPDATE!!!!!!! New post came on 06/20!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Mar17swgirl, Oct 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    AQ - :D

Sci Fi - oh yes, it is. I went to see it at the midnight premiere and I absolutely loved it. Obi-Wan was cool! :D

2. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    lol, still waiting for more post!!

3. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    And it's finally here!!! :D

Sorry it took so long. I would've had it up a few days ago, but this sithly school computer screwed up and I lost half of the post. :mad: :_|

But I have it done now. It's not long (just 4 pages), but at least it's something. ;)

Thanks for waiting patiently!!! :) *hugs her readers*

Enjoy! :D

The Sith Infiltrator landed smoothly on the Emperor's private landing platform. Coruscant's sky was unusually clear that night, and if Leia looked up, she would probably spot a few brighter stars, even despite of the strong lights of the Imperial Center's buildings and streets.

However, Leia didn't pay any attention to that. Instead, she hurried inside, buried in her thoughts.

On her way she met Mara.

"Leia!" Mara exclaimed, her voice filled with relief. "Thank the Force you're here."

Leia gazed at her and frowned. "What's wrong, Mara?" she asked instead of greeting, upon seeing the look on her friend's face.

Mara hesitated for a moment before answering. "The Death Star has been destroyed," she explained grimly. "The report just came from And I was worried about you."

Leia's jaw dropped. "The Death Star has been what?"

"The Rebels," Mara snarled, her face hardening. "They blew it up. They found a weakness - a small exhaust port that lead straight into the main reactor. Their snubfighters were small enough to avoid the blasts from turbolaser guns, and our TIE fighters apparently weren't successful enough in stopping them."

Leia brought up one hand to clutch her forehead and shook her head incredulously, still in shock.

"Impossible..." she almost whispered. "Destroyed... Death Star?"

Mara nodded. "I know. I couldn't believe it myself."

They fell silent and Leia stared into the ground. Only vaguely she realized how lucky she had been. Had she not left, she would've been probably dead by now.

She shivered. It wasn't a pleasant thought. But she was safe now, back on the Imperial Center. She relaxed her muscles - she hadn't realized how stiff her body was - and looked up. Suddenly, a thought came to her mind and she froze, glancing at Mara with wide open eyes.

"What about father?" she choked out, desperately struggling to keep control of herself and not to panic.

"He's all right," Mara soothed her. "He was in his TIE fighter when they attacked - and managed to take down quite a few of them - but escaped before the Death Star blew up and reunited with the Adamant. They sent a message saying that they will return in two days.

Leia let out a shaky breath of relief. "Oh, thank the Force," she breathed.

Mara eyed her with concern. "You all right?"

Leia nodded. "Yeah. It's just that there has been too much on me in the past few days."

"I understand."

"I don't suppose Master wants me to report," Leia said dryly, cocking an eyebrow. "Now that the Death Star is..."

"Actually, as a matter of fact he does want to see you," Mara told her.

"Okay. I'll be there shortly."

The presence of another person entering the room jerked Luke away. He sat up and rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand, squinting at the visitor. She seemed to be surprised to find him still in the bed, because she stopped at the door.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up," she said apologetically, clasping her hands in front of her.

"It's okay, Winter," Luke replied quickly, feeling slightly embarrassed that she'd found him like that. "Come on in."

He glanced at the chrono; it was almost noon. Cursing himself mentally, he quickly got up. "I should've gotten up earlier," he murmured, crossing over to the 'fresher. "Have I missed anything important?"

Winter shook her head and stepped into the middle of the small room. "Not really. There will be a meeting after lunch, though. That's mainly the reason I came."

"I see. If you'll excuse me," he added and disappeared into the 'fresher.

"Sure," she replied, sitting down in the room's only chair.

Luke quickly washed himself and put do

4. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    I'm back, and you may say that you missed me now :p Awesome post, Mar. I could really "see" the conflict Winter and Han had, you made it so very clear. Gosh, I love knowing spoilers. Hehehe

Am [face_love]

5. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    ::AQ shakes her head and grins::

Here we go again! Han just isn't Han if he doesn't get into conflict with royalty! :D And Leia has to report to Palpster! Will he pick her brain and discover Luke? Palp, leave her alone!! Grrrr!

::AQ grabs a Palpy clone out of mothballs and blasts it::

Great post Mar! I totally enjoyed it! Loved the Winter/Han conflict! And how Luke accepted Han's choice was very mature of him! Wonderful job! But I wonder if Luke will figure out who his father is on his own, or will Darth Daddy Dearest have to spell it out to him?

Again, great job!

AQ

6. Obischick

Obischick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    awesome post Mar!!! So exciting, yet so different from OT, but with the same feel!

Poor Leia was worried about Daddy dearest...awww...how sweet to worry over the evil sith lord....

And Luke attracted to winter? At least she's not his sister!! :p

Han's leaving? Hmmmm....possibilities! :D

Excellent and worth the wait!

~Obischick

7. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Am - Of course I missed you. ;) And thanks. Yeah, a smuggler like Han has never went along well with royalties... :p

AQ - Thanks! :) Yeah, things will get a bit messy with Leia, Vader, Palpy and Mara... you'll see. ;) :D And thanks. I enjoy writing Han. :) Darth Daddy Dearest? [face_laugh] LOL, AQ, you crack me up... [face_laugh] :p

Obischick - I think you deserve the "Mar's Most Loyal Reader", because you kept updating this baby for all those long weeks while waiting... :p Thanks! *hug* And I'm glad you liked it. And yeah, I sort of decided hooking up Luke with Winter. I haven't seen that kind of idea around, so I don't know, I hope it will work. ;)

Thanks again, everyone! :)

8. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    ::AQ hugs Mar::

Yep, he's Darth Daddy Dearest, even in his worst moments! I can't help but love him to death even after all he did!

AQ

9. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    great post mar!!!!

10. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Thanks, Sci Fi. :) UP!

11. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
  12. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    uping for Mar in hopes of getting a posty!! ;)

13. Lolipon

Lolipon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 28, 1999
    Woo hoo! A post! & it was a good one too! YAY!

14. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Thanks, Lolipon. :)

15. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
  16. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    and double uppity!!

~Obischick

17. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    And triple uppity!!!

~Obischick

18. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    and quadruple uppers!!

~Obischick

19. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    Quintuplite Uppers???

~Obischick

20. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    Sorry it took me so long to delurk. I really like this story. Whats palpy gonna do to Leia?

21. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Lalalalalaa... *bonk* UP!

Am [face_love]

22. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    UUUPPPP!!!!

~Obischick

23. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    ::AQ grabs the thread, gives it to Artoo, and asks him to float it up to the top of the boards::

24. Lolipon

Lolipon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 28, 1999
    UUUUUUUPPPPPP

25. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    *uses levitation to float thread up to the top of the boards*

Weeheehee!!

~Obischick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.