SNG To Go or Not To Go?

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by JaZzYjaZZ, Jul 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Master

star 4
    I need opinions.

It'll be a little less than a year later when I 'ORD' from NS, and currently I'm also taking steps towards ensuring a Uni education.

And although I already have a place in NUS, the U.S is where I want to go. Now what I can't decide on is whether to disrupt from NS and leave in Jan 2005 (Winter Term), or wait until I ORD and go in Sep 05 (Fall Term). Of course, I have to bear in mind that NS is a complete displeasure and also the question of where I will be watching and celebrating Episode III :D

Any thoughts?
  2. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    My 0.02

Without any knowledge of how you going to complete your NS when you come back if you disrupt it, I say look first to how different it is if you start with Winter or Fall Term.

Is there any differences in the modules offered between the 2 terms? Are you entering the Term as a new student to an old class (thus your Graduation Ceremony is 6 months later) or are you going to be in an entire class of new students?

Any advantages if you start with the Winter rather than the Fall Term in term of the modules offered (aka "easier" modules in one term rather than the other)?

There is also the consideration that if you go in Fall, you'll probably joining the newly-graduate 'A' Level Students from Asian countries and maybe local too (considering they graduate in Summer). So the Winter Term may have smaller group of students or those with work experiences.

Personally, since I have not experience Winter before, I'll go for Fall Term to make sure I get use to the weather first. I also have a habit of wanting to get over with something asap. :p

Then again, it'll be a great experience if you get to celebrate EpIII release in USA. And if the Winter Term class is indeed smaller, you may get more time & attention with your module lecturer, and there is less competition.

Just my 0.02. ;)

(Ps: Ya, this is probably the questions I'll be asking myself when it's time for me to go U tho' I think I need to do a detour first to get more credits)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.