main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends To Have And To Hold (Book II in DLT series) Author Replies 10/1 Completed!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Force_Triad, Jun 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Force_Triad

Force_Triad Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2006
    bek: Thank you. :) And yes, Drex is haunted, and he is very lucky to have Zeph and the boys. As to how old Ky/Sha are, they're both fourteen. Sala'ne' is the name Shane gave Kyran when they were young. It means golden child, which is how Sha viewed him when they first met, because of Kyran's golden hair. Ja'thernen uses it because he prefers Saren names to basic names. As to the next post, you didn't have to wait long. ;)

Chapter 4: Salvation By Light

Yes, this is what good is: to forgive evil. There is no other good. ~Antonio Porchia, Voces, 1943, translated from Spanish by W.S. Merwin

"Nissan, where are we going?" Qui-Gon asked curiously one day as Shane and Kyran met him from class. Instead of going to their quarters like usual, they were going to the direction of the gardens.

Glancing at his youngest bondmate, Shane smiled a little, "We're going to the gardens, Nihan, there's someone that Ky and I want you to meet," he glanced over to his other bondmate, ignoring the faint twist in his stomach.

He knew that Qui-Gon didn't hold grudges. His nihan was quick to forgive if asked to, but some part of him still worried a little. Even though Ja'thernen was now released from the healers, and under Yoda's care, the darkness was still active in him. Not as strong, but without the collar that he was now forced to wear when out and about on his own, he would seem like a beacon of pure black fire.

Qui-Gon curiously followed his bondmate. "Who, Nissan? You and Ky haven't said anything." He glanced at Kyran, who was strangely quieter than usual. He had not said a word other than the perfunctory greeting.

Shane considered what he could say. He didn't wish to tell Qui-Gon straight off before he saw Ja'thernen. Yet, it wasn't right to leave him completely unprepared. "It's a...friend of ours, a very old friend of mine... You've heard of him before, Qui."

"Then why are you and Ky being all secretive?" He asked glancing between the two of them.

Kyran finally spoke up then. "It's not that we're secretive because we're afraid, Qui-Gon, we just are uncertain."

Shane nodded a little, agreeing, "We're not sure how you'll react to him, or him to you. We only ask that you give him a chance."

Qui-Gon slowed in the corridor. "Who is it, Nissan?"

Shane glanced back at him, jaw tightening just a little, "I suppose you can't wait till we get there?" he asked half heartedly lightly.

"You and Ky are acting weird and I don't like it," Qui-Gon said stubbornly. "If you were acting more normal I wouldn't have noticed."

Shane stopped, and sighed a little, "I'm sorry, Qui. I admit, Ky and I have been worrying over this for a while now. Because..." he glanced over to his ke'en briefly, "It?s Ja'thernen. He's the sick friend we told you we were seeing during the last month or so. We brought him back to the Temple..."

Qui-Gon stopped dead in his tracks, searching his memory. "Ja'thernen?" He asked worriedly, glancing at Kyran. "Wasn't he the one who hurt Ky and then rescued us?" he asked, biting his lip.

Giving a slight nod, Shane refused the second sigh that wanted to come up, "Yes, that would be him," he had no excuse to give for his actions, or reasons. Ja'thernen still didn't believe he had truly done anything wrong or right during those times, "he was badly hurt when we found him and brought him here. He isn't as evil as you might think, Qui, he was merely at a loss within himself due to the darkness."

"Qui-Gon, Ja'thernen gave me a great gift. Without him taking me after I ran away, Master Rixar would never have chosen me. I would be at the Agricorps on some foreign planet by now," he said, his eyes slightly dark as he thought. "Then he rescued us after we were taken and brought us back. He's not as dark as he used to be Qui-Gon."

Qui-Gon bit his bottom lip nervously. He trusted his bondmates and if Kyran could forgive him, then how could he hold a grudge? Besides, holding a grudge was not of the light, but that didn't mean he wasn't slight

2. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Mine!

And new page too.

Anyways, it's interesting to see Qui's reaction to Ja' during this. And Ja's reaction as well. *grins* I really liked the last part in Ja's perspective, because it really shows the relationship and bond between the three of them through the eyes of someone who can really sense it and has an idea of it.

Qui's so cute! And stubborn. *grins* And I love how after Ky assured him, he accepted Ja' without hesitation. He's already showing the traits that will make up his personality in the future.

I promise that I will write more next chapter. But if I hadn't just spent the last several hours on this chapter *cough* then I'd probably be less-overloaded and able to forumlate a longer response... *cough*

*grins*

Let that be a lesson.

3. Aya-Na_Bashu

Aya-Na_Bashu Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2005
    Ahhhh, the warm fuzzies.

4. Aya-Na_Bashu

Jul 14, 2005
    Ahhhh, gave me the warm fuzzies, it did, all floaty and calm.

That was way too relaxing of a post.

5. Ara-gon

Ara-gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2005
    I'm back! ::glares at DRL::

Ch. 2

I loved that Shane and Kyran meditated with Ja'.

You worked some interesting political undertones into the conversations between the Masters and Dooku.

Am I mistaken, or were there hints about Zephir's and Drex's pasts? I'm curious now, but I'll be patient.

Ch. 3

Ah, so Dooku got the answers he wanted from Qui. You've painted Dooku a prickly, complicated portrait. I'm curious to see how the master and apprentice fit.

Ch. 4

Oooo--the chapter title alone makes me hopeful!

Young Qui's a perceptive one, isn't he? And you've given him that blunt honesty that children of that age--Jedi or no--possess, yet he's also wise beyond his years.

Lovely chapter. The only thing I don't like about it is the nagging feeling that such a lovely bit of interaction will be followed by trouble, mayhem, and action.

6. Force_Triad

May 20, 2006
    Alethia Qui-Gon was deeply concerned for Kyran's mental well being during that encounter. He remembered exactly how badly Ja'thernen had abused Kyran and his bondmates tend to hide things when they're truly worried and upset, to protect him and he was making absolutely certain that his Ky was alright :D Yes we'll do better this time, I already have monday's post ready if you want it :D

Aya-Na_Bashu Glad it gave you the warm fuzzies ;) We like doing that !

Ara-gon Welcome back from Darth Real Life! We wondered where you had gotten off to. You're not mistaken, we very much have a lot of Zephir's/Drex's pasts to cover :D Dooku did get the answer he wanted ;) Glad our Dooku is alright, Neon's been kind of nervous about it :) Glad the title made you hopeful :D Qui-Gon IS very perceptive but apart of that I think is because of his Living Force abilities. Children always are the ones to tell you their honest opinions, from everything about if they like your shirt, to if they think the name you have is funny :p Now why would you be all worried? Would we go and disrupt such a peaceful scene? :D

You're just in time for today's post!

Chapter 5: Destiny's Beginning

A door that seems to stand open must be a man's size, or it is not the door that Providence means for him. ~Henry Ward Beecher

"Here, I want you to have this."

He looked at the delicate, green gem pendent in his hands, marveling at the smoothness of the stone and the intricate design of a mix of silver and gold metal twisted around it, entrapping it in almost what seemed a cage of thorns. Sharp thorns, he discovered, pricking one slender finger on one.

Looking up, he smiled a little, "What is this for, my Lord?"

A sweet smile, a gentle hand in his hair. "So that you'll know I'm with you. And when you are sure of that, you will know its true purpose, my songbird."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

He had been keeping his word, watching over the little one, studying him in the quiet of shadows, as he studied, as he worked, as he trained, as he played. It was tiring, and a few times he had to rest, and feed, despite his age preventing it from being often. Staying hidden took up most of his energy, though.

Sighing, he fingered the pendent about his throat, a faint ache coming to him at the thought of the one who had given it to him. He wished he was there, but there was no use in wishing for empty things. Instead, he focused away from it, to the boy he had been following on and off for the last while. Glancing over his shoulder, he frowned a little at what he saw the little one typing onto the screen. It appeared the youth was looking up his name, but why

Indeed, it had been some time since Qui-Gon had seen his friend. So much so that things were different. The boy was a padawan now and he had yet to see a trace of Zamir Crion, but he had not forgotten. Thus he sat in the archives, looking up to see who Zamir was and where he lived, so that he could visit and discuss more about the research, before he was due to report to the Council with his Master for what Qui-Gon hoped was a mission briefing.

"So I see you're here again," Zamir's soft voice from behind him, suddenly, and unexpected.

Qui-Gon jumped in surprise. "I was looking for you. I haven't seen you in so long, I thought you might have forgotten me."

Zamir smiled easily, as he came around to lean against the computer terminal, "of course not. I could never forget you. Things have merely been busy. As it seems to have been for you," his glinting green eyes caught on the slender chestnut braid.

Qui-Gon blushed shyly. "I'm a padawan now."

"That you are," Zamir agreed, "you're rather young to be one, aren't you?"

Qui-Gon nodded. "I just turned eight two months ago."

Zamir looked rather surprised- and a part of him was in some ways. For one so young, to bear such burdens to come? "That's younger then I thought. Your Master must have faith in you." I know mine does.

Qui-Gon blushed again, pleased. "He says I'm

7. Ara-gon

Dec 31, 2005
    You don't know how hard I was trying to get my postie in before you updated! Whew! Just barely made it, too.

I'll read and review in a bit.

Eep! Who are are the two at the beginning? The mention of a Lord makes me nervous--very nervous indeed. Of course, you'll have to bring the villains in sooner or later or there'll be no conflict to drive the plot. I'm resigned.

Qui-Gon--don't take gifts from strangers. [face_shame_on_you] I don't like the pendant. [face_not_talking] Nope--not a bit.

Zamir's creepy. And deceptive. That's a bad combo, methinks.

8. Fluff-Slayer

Fluff-Slayer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2005
    Yeep. I'm watching you, Zamir! Don't you try to pull anything!! [face_shame_on_you]

Loved the bit with the plants.

I relate. Mother doesn't let me plant-sit anymore either.

(In my defense, those darn lilies are finicky! They have to have jussstttt the right amount of water...it's like rocket science. Pah!)

Lovely update. Good to see a little of that trademark humor!

9. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Sorry I'm late. RL has been real.

Lovely last chapter. Qui was right to be cautious around Ja - he is still dark, after all - but I know that his friends won't fail him. It was sweet to see Qui relaxing with the group. He must feel rather left out since they are all so much older than he is.

This chapter - Loved what Crion is doing to Qui - making him think it's a bit of research - when it sounds like something quite different. I have to wonder what the pendant is and what it is for, nothing good I assume.

Qui-Gon's eagerness to go on his first mission. Adorable and the packing. Of course, if he had never packed before, he would pack everything.... LOL.

Great job.

10. Charmisjess

Charmisjess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2003
    Oh gosh. *covers hand with face, giggling* Little Qui-Gon all hyped up to go on his mission. And Dooku....he's going to have his hands full, poor Dook. :D

Very cute. ^^

Sorry I missed last chapter, having another one of those RL things too. Still here, though!

11. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Oh, I'm worried about Zamir and his sharp-edged pendants. :eek:

Little Qui (well, not too little) on a mission! Loved his excvitement, and his dragging out everything to "pack". :D Somehow, it struck me as very characteristic of Dooku that he wouldn't give instructions/guidance on how to do these things, and would just expect Qui-Gon to know. Liked his amusement.

Great update. [face_love]

More soon? :D

12. Aya-Na_Bashu

Jul 14, 2005
    *Snort* Qui-Gon packs like I do. [face_laugh]

Great update!

[face_dancing]Qui-Gon gets to go on a mission. [face_dancing]

I wonder if Shane and Ky can stay out of trouble while Qui-Gon's gone.

13. Alethia

Feb 13, 2005
    I can relate to Ky. First of all, I can't cook. Second of all, I kill plants. I forget to water them... and then I over-water them and they drown. Oops... *blushes*

I really liked the meeting between Qui and Ja. They're both quite interesting characters and it was nice to see their reactions of another. And more with the Force ghost whose name escapes me at the moment- great. I really like him. And giving Qui the amulet... I'm not sure if I should be thrilled or worried about that...

Lovely chapter.

14. Force_Triad

May 20, 2006
    Ara-gon Yep you made it in time! The two in the beginning will be revealed :D They could be good.. but they could be bad too, we're not telling yet [face_whistling]

Fluff-Slayer Plants are finnicky things. We had some once that we bought to try to keep and I forgot about them. I don't have a green thumb either.

Dianethx Don't worry, we understand real life :D Tis been busy for us too lately. Oh yes Crion knows exactly what he's letting Qui-Gon find out :D As for the pendant, just have to wait and see ;) I thought that a child who'd never been on a mission would be over enthusiastic after all, never know what you may need if you left something at home ;)

Charmisjess Glad you liked little Qui :D Isn't he cuute? :) Who wouldn't want him as a padawan? :)

Princess_Arulmohzi Now why is everyone all worried? Sure Zamir appears and disappears but that doesn't mean he's automatically bad ;) :p Glad you think our Dooku is in character, we've been rather anxious about that cause he's a prickly sort :p

Aya-Na_Bashu I was actually inspired for this bit because my sister packed exactly the same way when we went away for a big convention one weekend. She packed like five bags :p Dad made her leave two of them at home :p Them? Stay out of trouble? Not likely, but we'll see :D

Alethia I'm the same way. My hubby has permanently barred me from the kitchen because I make a mess and I'm a terrible cook and thus he prefers to do it all :p As for the amulet ... boy everyone's panicking :D Wonder why ;)

Chapter 6: Religion of Friendship

Eccelesiates 4:9-12

The Value of a Friend
    9 Two are better than one,
    Because they have a good reward for their labor.
    10 For if they fall, one will lift up his companion.
    But woe to him who is alone when he falls,
    For he has no one to help him up.
    11 Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm;
    But how can one be warm alone?
    12 Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him.
    And a threefold cord is not quickly broken.

Slender, long fingers wove through Kyran's short, but slightly unruly curly hair, before seizing the braid, coiling it around those same digits with mindless, familiar ease, as the younger boy rested his head in Shane's lap. Ja'thernen watched, faintly amused, yet a little pained as well to watch this so simple yet so affectionate motion, signaling that both were completely and totally at ease with each other- almost as he had been with Me'telnen once- and could never be again. Even if the other was leaning against him, snuggled close to seek warmth, as he had in turn. Both of them, despite the fire, the blankets, and the heat, were still cold; a curse of their far lower body temperatures. The youngest was away at the moment, on his first mission with his new Master, and the other Masters had retired, leaving them to their own devices.

It was one of the first times Ja'thernen was allowed to be with them, newly freed from his cell. Yet, it felt like he had always been there in some way, considering how easily they had accepted him into this; had fitted him into their little world, which more often than not revolved just between the triad. He knew it wasn't because the little one was gone. As briefly as he had met him before the other had gone off, he had felt clearly the boy's light and gentleness, especially in how he had so easily forgiven him.

He couldn't replace that, and the triad worked on more then just the closeness of bodies. He didn't know what he was to them, with his still dark presence and uncivil self, but they had accepted him nonetheless. And despite the faint pain at Sala'ne' being closer to his Me', he still enjoyed feeling the undeserved welcome they gave him with just their trust.

Kyran smiled up at Shane and reached up to tweak his bondmate's braid. "Credit for your thoughts, ke'en."

Shane stirred from his thoughtful gaze into the fake fire, and looked down to

15. Alethia

Feb 13, 2005
    That fairy tale/myth... very, very intriguing. And it also makes me wonder where Qui fits into it. Because really, I'm convinced that the myth is just more than a myth. Go ahead and laugh at me, if I'm wrong, but I'm not budging. *Grins*

Don't get me wrong, Qui's quite sweet and I'm sorry that he's missing this chapter. But really, I think this chapter worked so well, because he was missing. The three of them got to explore their relationship and I think Ja really needed that. As he mentions himself in the chapter, it's always Qui and Shane and Ky. And now, suddenly, he's (kind of) part of that group and he has to deal with it and make it work for him.

It was such a lovely chapter... every chapter brings more depth to a certain aspect and there's never really a dull chapter. Which is a very good thing. *grins* Great job.

16. Fluff-Slayer

Fluff-Slayer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2005
    This is a lovely bit of characterization here, for both Ja' and Dooku. This is my favorite part of reading your updates--all of the characters are so vivid and seperate, and it feels like I know them. [face_laugh] And I'd totally agree with Ja's impression. Who wants to cross Dooku? Anybody? Anakin, put your hand down. Beheading him isn't the same thing.

Also loved Kyran's insistance that it wasn't fate, but the Will of the Force. Now we know where Qui-Gon gets it. :)

17. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    I had to laugh at Dooku's reputation with Ja. It seems that he left quite an impression. LOL.

I liked the nice quiet moment with the three of them but I still miss Qui-Gon.

Looking forward to more.

18. Ara-gon

Dec 31, 2005
    Ja' brings an interesting dynamic to the group. He's inside, yet out. He's bonded, but not in the same way the others are. I think it makes him more perceptive about the trio in some ways, less in others. It also has me musing as to his purpose. In other words: what are you gonna do to him? LOL! I mean, your sock is called Force Triad instead of Force Quattro. I'm guessing he's not around for the whole story. Nah, I don't really expect you to tell me, either.

19. Charmisjess

Jul 31, 2003
    *grin* Lazing around and missing Qui-Gon. A very nice little scene, you two! ^^

I imagine it would be quieter without Qui-Gon. It's very telling about the dynamics of their friendship, the different way they act when he's not there.

Dooku is a bit imposing, isn't he? *grin* Great line there.

So, next update do we get to find out what Master Dook and his kiddo have been up to?? :D

20. Force_Triad

May 20, 2006
    Alethia The myth/fairy tale in Saren culture could very well be part of our boy's destiny, but we're not saying ;) As far as having Qui-Gon missing, we're kind of surprised, but glad you like their relationship even without Qui-Gon involved. Ja'thernen has a lot to work out for himself. We're definetely glad there's never a dull chapter, we'd be worried if there was one :D I thought I screwed up but it later turned out it was supposed to go that way :p Sorry for the confusion in the e-mail! The document in there is Monday's post :D

Fluff-Slayer We're glad you love it so much! We feel like we know them too and we're thrilled that you have the same experience with us :D

Diane Dooku probably gave him a "you touch my padawan and I'll kill you" lecture, smiling at him and being cold at the same time :p Quiggy is coming back, never fear ;)

Ara-gon Why would you ever think we're going to do something to Ja after bringing him this far and close to salvation? But Ja'thernen isn't actually part of the trio, but you'll have to wait and see how Ja' handles things later :)

Charmisjess Actually sorry to disappoint, but Qui's mission goes so well, he doesn't even end up in the Healers ;) :p

Chapter 7: History in the Making

He who rejects change is the architect of decay. The only human institution which rejects progress is the cemetery. ~Harold Wilson

Zephir stared into the fake fire in the fireplace, lost in his thoughts. A mug of tea, now long cold, sat in his hands, testament to how long he had been sitting there after the boys had gone to bed, amusingly to their own rooms for once. It was late, and despite being used to his old friend's bouts of quiet moments, Dooku couldn't help but shoot him a concerned look or two once in a while, wondering what could possibly have captivated the older Jedi's attention so thoroughly.

He glanced over to Drex, considering when the other might step in. Usually, the other Master handled anything that seemed off about Zephir, some odd instinctive reaction coming directly to life only when around the older man. It had been that way since they had both returned from Saren all those years ago, both nearly dead, Drex deeply wounded and Zephir, from an exile of two years, very sick and his own wounds untended and infected. Even then, they had been protective of each other alone, as if guarding something within each other from others.

Drex flipped Dooku a credit coin. "Credit for your thoughts. What's that look on your face for?"

Dooku glanced up to him, rather surprised that Drex had come to him, rather then to Zephir. That wasn't a normal reaction. He raised an eyebrow, "I was merely thinking about how some things change," he tossed the credit back to Drex. "Don't you have other matters to tend to?"

"Do I ? " Drex glanced at him raising an eyebrow. "The padawans are happy and you two are still as mice at the Temple of Theron."

Dooku raised his own eyebrow, matching Drex's look as he glanced again to Zephir briefly, "well, I, for one, am merely going over my report for the Council."

"How did the first mission go?" Drex asked curiously. "Qui-Gon wasn't any problem, was he?"

"Of course not, he was the perfect apprentice," Dooku looked down at his report, "and the mission went surprisingly well this once."

Drex snorted. "Neither of you came back hurt. Did you check Qui-Gon's pockets for smuggled pets?" he asked smirking.

Dooku blinked, brow furrowing a bit, "what do you mean?"

Drex grinned. "Qui-Gon has the tendency to attract animals and he is so loving, he tries to adopt them all. Even fish are attracted to him," he said chortling. "Don't tell me you didn't discover that about the boy already? Didn't you ask Shane and Ky about him before you took him on?"

"I noticed his...attraction to life of all types, but that is natural with his kind of connection... And I thought it best to learn about my apprentice, on my own," Dooku stated.

Drex frowned a little at that, but chose not to co

21. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    I would think it was a good idea to learn from different masters about things. Different perspectives would work quite well and make them more flexible.

I wonder what happened all those years ago... I assume we will find out eventually!

Dooku glanced between them, from Zephir's expectant face, to Drex's open expression, wondering of his opinion. During their conversation, he had merely watched, seeing that flicker of what lay hidden yet again. Some part of him still wondered what happened all that time ago...or the aftermath of Ren, when he had been gone on that long mission, and things had fallen apart all over again...

Good job.

22. Charmisjess

Jul 31, 2003
    I'm getting so freakin' attached to this story. :D

I'm glad the mission went well, and I love Drex's comment about checking Qui-Gon for critters. :D And Dooku's response.

I should say that I have decided that I love Drex. Him flipping the coin at Dooku, for one, the comment about the animals...and...just...I like him. ;) Personally. There's a difference for me with well-written characters that I enjoy reading, and characters I feel happy affection for, (Laurie, I believe we've talked about this)---but I have decided that Drex goes onto the adore list. :)

Great chappie!! Can't wait for more!

23. Alethia

Feb 13, 2005
    I'm late with replying... Anyways, I really like the idea of them learning from all three masters. I think it will help them become the best Jedi they can possibly be. They already have this connection between them- and though the masters aren't bonded or anything, I can also sense a sort of camerade-like bond between them. That particular group is going to be quite formidable once they're all through. I wouldn't want to get on their bad side.

Anyways, in a bit of a hurry (packing for a 10 week vacation= hectic) but wanted to reply to this before I send Chapter 8 and it's posted.

24. Ara-gon

Dec 31, 2005
    Whew! Those are three complicated Masters. There were all kinds of undercurrents in that chapter. Now what life experiences made them so dang complex? And mysterious? :D You gave us some interesting hints about their thoughts on the Council and attachment.

I like how you write them--the interaction seems very normal for old friends with a long past.

25. Force_Triad

May 20, 2006
    dianethx: Glad you agree, we were a bit hesitant in introducing the idea into the mix. :) Oh, and you will. A piece of it is soon to show up. Thank you. :)

Charmisjess: Heh, its hard not to. ;) Glad you loved that bit, Dooku truly doesn't have a clue yet. But he'll learn, hopefully. ;) We're very happy you love Drex, Layren really has enjoyed writing him. And I can perfectly understand that. Thank you. :)

Alethia: As always, thank you so much for your work on our chapters. :) That's what we're hoping for, but we'll just have to see how it goes through, if it goes through. You are very right in your observations, especially on the Masters, and on how this would help the boys. Good luck on packing. :)

Ara-gon: We strive to make them complicated. :D As to what made them so, you'll find out soon enough. ;) Glad you like how we write them, and we're very happy we managed that. :)

Chapter 8: Scars and Musings

Hate leaves ugly scars, love leaves beautiful ones. ~Mignon McLaughlin

Qui-Gon made his way to the training salle, having been instructed by his mentor to duel with remotes. He'd never defeated three before, but he was determined to try -- the next lightsaber competition was coming up in six months and he was resolute to be ready. His Master had said that Qui-Gon was ready to compete, although he was still quite young. It was never too early to start practicing, or so his Master had said.

"You know, you can't hold a glow stick to your ?supposed? bondmates," a sly voice said from the side. The handsome red haired boy looked at his clear nails, before retracting them to peer at Qui-Gon, the pale scales of his skin almost shimmering green in the light. "In fact, you seem rather pathetic, just handling a mere three remotes."

The distraction of the other boy's words caused Qui-Gon to miss two bolts, making him wince. He reached out with the Force to turn the remotes off. His face flushed hotly, either from embarrassment at the other's words or the heat of his workout. "I'm doing what Master Dooku told me. What's it to you?"

"Nothing, really, just observation, considering I am an age mate of your so called friends," the other smirked. "I don't believe we've met before. I'm Ryu Virote, and I know who you are, so no need to say."

Qui-Gon scowled darkly. "Well, I don't need your observations. I'm busy training like Master wanted, so take them somewhere else."

Ryu shrugged, "I do as I see fit. And considering how weak you were on the last move of the kata, you'll likely die if you're ever in a fight."

Qui-Gon's face flushed, this time from embarrassment more than from the heat of his workout. "Do as you see fit someplace else. I'm doing it the way Master Dooku showed me."

"Then you're wretched as a student. Such weakness will kill you, though, that might be for the best. At least, better then others getting killed for you, or because of you."

Qui-Gon glared at that and drew himself up to his full height. The words hurt --Kyran and Shane always did protect him and he wondered to what extent they would go -- surely they wouldn't end up dying because of him. "I am not a bad student. Master Dooku doesn't accept anything less than the best."

"He was obviously being far too nice. Especially to an oddity like yourself," Ryu sneered a little.

"Go bother somebody else," Qui-Gon bit out. "I'm sure one as nosy as you has plenty of other people to harass. Leave me alone. If I have as much work to do as you say then stop badgering me."

"I would give up. You won't get any better. I can already see that. Must be why your supposed bondmates protect and baby you all the time, because you're nothing by a baby next to them."

Doubt was obvious on the young boy's face even as he struggled to hide it. "I am not giving up. Master doesn't accept quitters. Anyway what would you know about it?"

"Oh, there are a lot of rumors around the place, of them protecting you all the time from all the bad people," Ryu mocked, "that's why the Council let you mov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.