main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends To Honor the Dead -Repost--L/M, OC's, C/M, YJK Era- Trilogy Complete!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jade51999, Oct 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Sequal is up.. Changing of the Guard

Part III The Coming Challenge

Hey all!

I'm gonna repost my story from two + years ago, To Honor the Dead to prepare for the sequal...

This is an EU story encompassing the first story of arc of the Young Jedi Knight series. I have tried to stay true to what was written already, and so there are points in the story where dialogue has been lifted directly from Kevin J Anderson and Rebeca Moesta?s books. (Thank You) As must be said, most of the familiar characters in this story and the world, which it encompasses, is the property of George Lucas and Lucasfilm.

In essence this story is EU (not AU) mostly because I wanted to write about where Mara was during the YJK.
    We know that she and Luke are married at this point in the timeline, but as the YJK books were published before VOTF....its not really mentioned....

I understand that not everyone has read the books, so as I hit the time period for each book, I?ll provide a brief summary, so yes this may contain spoilers for those of you who hope to eventually read YJK. Additionally, I wrote this story with songs running through my head for inspiration, so i"ll repost those as they come...

Here we go..a trip down memory lane *grin*...

PS I am looking for a beta for the sequal which is about 75%+ finished...

YJK Book 1
    Heirs of the Force
    The Solo twins have been on Yavin 4 for a month with a companion that most of us will come to know is the daughter of Tenenial Djo and Isolder of Hapes, while the twins Jacen and Jaina believe she is merely witch of Dathomir; her name is Tenal Ka. The opening of the book brings the arrival of Han Solo and Chewbacca, who brings his nephew Lowbacca (Lowie) to be trained. Lowie recieves a T-23 skyhopper from his uncle, who are also visiting Lando?s new venture a Corsuca Gem mining facility suspended above the gas planet. In the first part of the book you see the students getting to know each other, with a rousing food fight, and other adventures.
    Luke is called away on a mission, and the students venture into the jungles of Yavin where they encounter Ooryl a former Imperial pilot who has been in the jungle for 20 yers. Held captive, they are saved by Han and Chewie. Luke returns to see them safe and sound, and to find that the tie fighter pilot escaped the jungle.

A few things you need to know?Jacen is determined to make the somber and serious Tenal Ka laugh, and is a non-stop opening of jokes. Jaina and Chewie are both extremely mechanically inclined

2. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    Post 1

There was no way to explain how they got started, or how I met them. I suppose that my appearance on their ship fast-forwarded an eventually inevitable journey that kept them from their families for some time. Once in a while another lady joined us, the wife of some general who flew with Rouge Squadron (at times like this I can?t remember particulars) and was involved with intelligence, which probably was why she left most of the time. But the two of them, Mara and Mirax, Mirax and Mara?I guess the bounty on their heads didn?t help a lot, and true some of the scrapes they got into were blatantly my fault, but hey...This wasn?t part of the plan?THIS wasn?t my fault?

Four years after Union (a few weeks prior to the arrival of Jacen and Jaina Solo at Jedi Academy)

Mara gazed a Luke over the green-blue glow of their lightsabers, trying to sense his next move. She parried his thrust, and spun as he swung his blade away from her counter attack. Backed almost into a corner, Mara put the power of the Force into her jump and flipped over him just in time to block yet another blow.

Nice Try, but you aren?t going to get away that easily.

Wanna bet, Farmboy?

I?m game, but watch out.

Baring her teeth, she lunged entering a series of offensive techniques. Luke blocked every one gradually pulling them further into the privacy of the practice room. For and hour they fought neither one able to break the other. Finally locked at an impasse, Mara looked at Luke and nodded, ?Enough.?

Grinning, he shut down his blade, ?Enough.? Taking his arm, Mara smiled.

?One day, one of us will beat the other, and I don?t know what would happen if it's not me.?

?Mara-? He reached and pulled her hair from her face. ?One day-We?ll see.? They exited the temple, where Mara laughingly pulled his face to hers and kissed him.

?Right, we?ll see.?

The sound of a woman?s voice reached them. ?Hey Lovebirds, you haven?t by chance seen Corran have you??

?Hmmmm?? Luke pulled away blushing, ?Hi Mirax, when did you get here??

?A few minutes ago.? She grinned, ?Oooh nice shade of red there. Mara?s been busy.? Luke turned redder.

?I think I?ll go find your husband for you to pick on.?

Mara watched Luke walk away from them, a small smile tugging at her lips. She turned to her friend with a mock accusing look. ?You did that on purpose!?

?Yeah, sorry, I just needed to talk to you. I need to see my husband as well, but what I have to ask you is important.?

?Why do I have a bad feeling about this??

?You?re the Jedi. Actually, it must be about something else, because this is not dangerous at all. I get lonely out on these runs, and I was wondering if you could pull yourself away from the academy for a week or two,? she elaborated further.

Musing, Mara scanned the courtyard, ?The Academy will do just fine without me. Luke, I don?t know.?

?Really, Mara, come on!? Mirax knew she had Mara hooked, but she couldn?t help teasing her just a bit. ?Has Mara Jade Skywalker gotten housebroken??

Mara?s head snapped back aghast, ?Oh no you don?t. At least I wasn?t raised with my head in the clouds.?

?Ouch, that hurt.?

Hearing her sarcasm, Mara rebutted, ?I?m sure it did? Glancing across the field she elbowed Mirax, ?Here come Luke and Corran.? They watched them approach in silence.

Corran gazed at Mirax with a frown. ?What?s going on??

?Hey yourself, Corsec.? Mirax leaned over and gave him a brief hug. ?Nice to see you too. Actually, I was just inviting Mara here to come with me on a run. A contact of mine found some rare Calamarian artifacts they think is from Thrawn?s living museum. I agreed to meet him on Ithor in five days.?

Corran smiled. ?Sorry, Mirax, I missed you. Though, did you get everything you needed from Coruscant? ?

?Pretty much, I got hassled a little trying to get out of the airspace, but nothing unusual.?

?Are you taking Jysella with you??

Mirax sighed, ?Well not this time, I was hopin

3. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    shameless upping

*grin*

4. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    hmmmm looks interesting to me. ..

Mirax and Mara. .. yubsa. .. there's trouble on the way. . . .

5. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    You think they're gonna get into trouble..well..wait until the sequal..that's Mara + Wes Janson + Wraiths...

6. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    ITHOR

The floating ships above Ithor?s sacred Mother Jungle never ceased to amaze Mara. Here was a planet, physically untouched by any species. Unbelievable. Turning away from the viewport Mara glanced at Mirax.

?You?re sure your contact asked for me??

?Uh huh, I?m sorry I didn?t mention it on Yavin, but Corran and Luke would have insisted on coming as backup, which isn?t exactly something that we need right now.?

?Over protective husbands? Nah?? Mirax cracked a smile. Mara continued, ?Sure, I understand. Where are we meeting him??

?Its actually a Her a Gotal named Linka-Supply Dock 624 on the Tafanda Bay II.?

Dock 624

She twitched as she heard a loud click-thump a few feet away. What was that? The sound was followed by the scurrying of little feet, ?Rats, ugh.? The shadows hid her well, as she gripped the bag with her hands. Sometime today she?d be far away, and safe. Her grey eyes flicked to the door, What was taking Deke so long? Freezing briefly as the door opened, she crept further into the darkness.

Two women came in, one with dark hair, the other with brighter red. They spoke softly and Anian strained to hear them.

?Is this the right place??

?I?m pretty sure??

?Hello...??

A third voice from behind Anian spoke. ?What is going on??

?Not a lot, the usual harassments.? That came from the dark haired lady.

?Its good to know things don?t change.? The voice paused, ?Terrik, is Jade with you??

?Yes, what do you have??

?A Jedi Holocron, and a lightsaber-violet blade.?

?Why did I have to be here?? That came from the redhead.

?Because the holocron won?t play for anyone but you-That is part of my price to see what it has to say.?

?How many creds?? Dark one -Terrik- spoke quickly, as if feeling the conversation had gone on too long.

?5000.?

?2000.?

?3500.?

?3000.?

?All right, watch your heads.?

A bag flew over Anian?s head, she almost gasped out loud, but instead she watched the redhead count out the money, and put it on a crate. ?If you have any problems, we are docked at 200 but not for a long time. ?

Anian blinked at the information, maybe if she got on thier ship she could get somewhere-This was her only chance?Deke wouldn?t be showing up now anyway?he was already 2 hours late. Not waiting to hear anything else, Anian creeped along the floor and slipped out the door taking the first lift to 200.

7. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    Hey, I just wanted to note that i'm not really changing anything in this repost as from what I had before...b/c if i did it would take me even longer to finish the sequal....

I can see that the story is still a bit rough, I'm hoping that many of you will see the dialouge tighten up with the sequal (crosses finger)..hehe

up!

8. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    Post 1B
    ~~~~~~~~~

While Mara counted out the money, Mirax called out, ?What happened to Linka??

?Linka?! She had a turn for the worse, ran into some people she shouldn?t have.? There was some hesitation in his voice.

Mirax turned to Mara-?Check the bag.?

Mara opened it, and even without the Force Mirax could she the confusion on her face. Lowering her voice she whispered, ?Mara, what is it??

?There is definitely a lightsaber here, but the other item isn?t a holocron, it?s a message cube?.?She trailed off.

?So what?s wrong??

Instead of answering, Mara reached out with the Force, trying to sense the contact, there was the normal amount of nervousness, and a sense of urgency, but underneath there was a vague impression of suppressed terror.

?Mirax, I?ll explain later, but let?s get out of here.?

?Too late-? Mara turned to face the door and found six blasters trained on them. Fingering her lightsaber, she reached for calm and winced as a blaster barrel was pressed against her neck.

?Who are you??

?Some old friends.? The low voice behind her gestured toward the money. ?Take it back, when they find your body we want them to know it wasn?t for robbery.? Realizing that most of the focus was on her, Mara closed her eyes and feigned defeat. She sent a tendril of thought to Mirax--On 3 shoot the guys in front.

One? ?Ok, ok.? Mara shoved the money into her satchel.

Two ? ?Can you tell us what this is all about??

The voice laughed, and Mara realized it wasn?t the same guy who tossed them the bag. He?s probably dead. The low voice continued condescendingly. ?Like we know for sure, orders are orders, and you should understand what happens to those who disobey.?

Three?Mara twisted grabbing the muzzle of the person's blaster behind her with one hand, and brought out her lightsaber with the other. From the corner of her eye, she saw Mirax fall. The lightsaber flashed wildly, as the shooters aimed for her. Suppressing the pain, Mara hurled the blaster seconds before the stun blast numbed her hand. The person holding it disappeared, and she was aware of running feet running away.

A few seconds later, they were alone.

Mirax glared at the dead in front of her. ?Shavit, what is going on??

?I don?t know, and these men won?t tell tales. What happened to you just now??

?I tripped over a body. Lucky I did, the blaster bolts nearly took off my head.?

Her words reached Mara. ?Wait, what body??

?The one right?Emperor?s black bones! He?s still alive, but barely. They probably shot him while they were waiting for us.?

?Any ID?? The need to leave was coming back.

?Deke Jordan. Age 25.?

?Let?s take him with us. Maybe he knows something. Get him to a Med Center on another city.?

?I agree. We need to get in touch with Luke and Corran, too.?

?I?m not looking forward to that.?

?Neither am I.?

~~~~~~~~

9. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    Hmm..I feel neglected..

(which is all right, I understand...)

i'll post the rest of the section instead..

10. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999

~~~~~~~~

There was no point to them bringing Deke with them. Even the Med Center at the city couldn?t do anything for him. He?s now somewhere between Ithor and Yavin. Go figure. Maybe I?ll join him soon.

~~~~~

?Mara, you should get your hand checked out.?

?Right, Mirax, just like your going to get those blaster burns checked out.?

?Right, when we get further away. How?s the Mr. Jordan doing??

?Not too well, he keeps mumbling-the fever?s too high.?

The ship bumped as it landed. Anian knew they hadn?t gone far, because it had only been 10 minutes from take off. They must be on another floating city.

?This should be far enough away, let?s get him to the Med Center.?

The voices died away, and grew silent.. For ten minutes the Pulsar Skate was quiet, then slowly with a slight clang, the smuggling compartment lifted slowly and Anian scurried out of her hiding place.

?They have Deke, I have to follow?? A split second later caution kicked in, and she realized that leaving here?her only way out wasn?t the smartest idea. And then there was the promise she had made to Deke that if one of them didn?t show, the other would try their hardest to escape. No matter what. So instead of following, she ambled over to the prep units and the fresher, making her meal and cleaning up in a quarter of an hour. No sooner had she settled into the compartment, than did she hear boots pounding on the boards above her head.

?Kick in the sublight engines.?

?Check.?

?Shields at max.?

?Check-?

Anian grabbed hold as the ship rose and took off, listening to the conversation above her head. They hadn?t made it to the Med center, a group of guys from before were waiting. They got away but not without getting into another, Another? , Fire fight. The sudden lurch was her only warning that they were entering hyperspace.

After a few moments, Anian was aware of someone calling for help. Deke? She sighed in relief, he wasn?t dead. Then she realized, that it was only a matter of time before she lost him for real. There was no way that she could get his attention and say goodbye, because no Med Center meant that Deke wouldn?t make it?.

Deke, her best friend. The only way she was able to pull herself out of the worst night of her life, to get away before she was killed.

So into her thoughts was she that she didn?t notice the sound of someone walking carefully across the deck.

?Deke, my name is Mara. You have a fever, and I may be able to help you. Can I try some pain suppression techniques on you??

No answer.

?We tried to get you to a Med Center, remember? But your friends were waiting for us. You should have told them to stop shooting. These burns won?t kill you, but they are going to painful for a while.?

?Didn?t know them?didn?t do anything?. Surprise?Where is Anian? Get away did she?? He coughed.

?That?s blood?. Let me lay you down.?

?I?m not going to make, it?Save Anya??

There was a rasping sound, followed by a boom, and a quiet curse. ?Mirax, we lost him.?

Anian shoved her hand in her mouth, horrified. Her best friend was dead. Struggling to keep quiet, her insides grew cold. With every shaky breath, she trembled more. Almost in a trance she recalled something he had said to her once.

?Anya, how would you like to be remembered??

?No way?just remembered.? He smoothed back her hair, and gave her a hug, like a brother.

?I want more-is that selfish??

?No-I?ll tell you what, when you die I?ll give the Eulogy-

Deke, no Derek Jordano (we have to use your real name), wanderer of the stars, head of the pirate orphans, the lost children who wander from planet to planet. Friend of many-

?-Love of few,? he finished for her, chuckling at her rendition of the Eulogy in their favorite holodrama-?The lost ones? -?We are never truly lost are we??

She had whispered back ?Never lost, just never found.?

Now in the cold compartment under the Pulsar Skate, the lone girl remorsefully murmu

11. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Ah, so from what I gather, this is all about the adventures Mara and Mirax supposedly had during YJK? Or will you have the Solo kids in there at some point too?

It's sad what happened to Anian, but I have a feeling this is only just beginning. ;) Sort of reminds me of the death of Luke's aunt and uncle. While sad, his adventures started there.

Jae Angel

12. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    Hey NJ! yea...there will be some kids in this one..they're in the sequal a lot more than this..but I do play around with some of their scenes a 'la I, Jedi

13. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    up *cough* up

14. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    Post 2
    Yavin 4

Mornings in hyperspace are cold, Mirax shivered as she adjusted the temperature controls on the ships board. ?Mara, we?ll be coming up on Yavin in 10 minutes.?

?All right, I hope this goes OK, because if we can?t convince them that we?re clear to go off on our own?.?

?Don?t worry, Luke and Corran will go for it. Besides, you have to be here for Jacen and Jaina.?

?True,? she paused. ?I?ve been having the weirdest dreams since that kid died yesterday. No images; just someone crying.?

Mirax shifted uncomfortably, ?I heard it too, I thought it was you.?

The hyperspace control pinged, and Mirax gently reverted them back to realspace. They were quiet the rest of the way down. ?Grab the bag on your way out.?

Mara glanced around- ?Where?d you put it??

?Good question-right in the aft storage bin.?

?Got it.?

They touched down, and Mirax commented, ? Well, you?re home now.?

Mara glanced at her and sadly laughed-?Home, sweet home.?

~~~~~~~

Luke was there to meet them as they came off the ramp. Mara laughed haltingly as he spun her around in a bear hug. ?Things have been slow without you.?

?Luke, if I didn?t know you were lying, I?d be flattered.? She paused, ?But I did miss you.?

?Now let me down.? He did and exchanged hugs with Mirax, who had followed her off the Skate.

?Corran would have been here, but he had a slight crisis with Valin and Jysella.?

Apprehension showed on Mirax?s face. ?What was that??

?Your father wanted them to visit.?

?Oh?No.?

?Yes, he left a few days ago.?

?Which means he won?t be back for a week or two.?

Luke shook his head. ?Actually, no-Booster ended up to be in the neighborhood. So Corran went to drop them off and said he?d come for them in month.?

?And why are you telling me this?? Suspicion crept into her voice, ?And why do you seem like you are about to burst out laughing??

Arms wrapped around her from behind. ?Because if he told you, I could sneak and do this.? While Corran tried to turn her for a kiss, Mirax tried to control herself.

She succeeded, barely?well if you could call controlling yourself, swinging your leg back and forcing Corran to fall on his back. ?Corsec, you should know by now that sneaking up on me is not something you?ll ever succeed at.?

Corran got up, nursing a wounded ego. ?Yeah, you think I?d learn sometime.?

Their laughter tinkled through the warm jungle air.

Mara turned to Luke, ?Where are Jacen and Jaina??

?Inside getting settled, they liked the rooms you picked.?

She sighed, ?I?m glad. You told them hello for me, right??

?Well, they got here today, so I thought you?d like to tell them yourself.? He looked to her quizzically, ?Mara what?s going on??

She glanced at Mirax who nodded slightly. ?Come on board, there something you guys need to know.?

As he walked onto the main deck of the Skate, Luke gave a visible start. ?Luke, what?s wrong??

He murmered, ?Ship feels off.? He grabbed Mara?s hand. ?Mara, Corran stretch out, tell me if you feel the same thing I am.?

?That sad sense? Mirax and I think it?s the remnants of that young man who died yesterday. It's happened before.?

?Doesn?t make sense, you could feel the emotional bloodstain of the Emperor, who you had a link to, your link to this boy wasn?t that strong.?

Corran shook his head. ?I?m not sensing a young man,? he pointed toward the storage compartment under the deck. ?Mirax, is there anything in there??

?Nothing.?

?I think you?ve got a stowaway.? At Corran?s words, Mirax swore and lifted the floor plank.

?Stars of Alderaan, get a med team quick.? Without another look Corran flipped open his comlink.

Taking a look at Mirax?s ashen face, Luke said softly, ?She?s alive, she?ll be ok. Move back, I?m going to lift her up.?

He lifted the girl easily from the bottom of the compartment. From first glance, you could tell the girl was ill, either from some sort of shock or fever. She was shivering uncontrollably, and as she settled into Luke?s

15. RosyRedFinguredDawn

RosyRedFinguredDawn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2003
    Thanks for reminding me of this jade, I had lost this story. Now to start over from the begginning.
    ~Rosy

16. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    lol really? well that's all good..there is a chock full of sequal heading your way..well after i get like 20 more pages written that is..*grin*..but for now up!

17. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    in honor of my roomie's b'day i'm putting up the second part of this post..

and uhh..upping the story..its a long post..but its b/c next week is going to be tres hectic..so i figure i give a lot now..so later i don't have to worry about it..

18. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    ?YOU WHAT?!? Luke stared at his wife in astonishment.

?I feel like it was my fault.?

?Mara, I don?t think there was anything you could have done for the boy.?

?I?m not talking about the boy. If I had noticed the girl sooner, maybe she wouldn?t be as ill as she is.?

?Mara, you were focusing on healing your burns, not to mention Mirax?s, and then you were concentrating on taking care of that boy. Do I need to remind you about taking on too many things? Don?t take responsibility for something that you had nothing to do with.?

His blue eyes gazed at her, not accusingly but with a calm guidance, softly suggesting what she needed to do. Reaching out she touched the Force for a sense of what she was feeling. The answer came fast. She looked at him ruefully, ? I should have realized that.?

Standing up at the soft knock at their door. Mara called, ?Come in.?

?Uncle Luke?? The brown haired, brown-eyed face lit up. ?Aunt Mara! Wanna hear a joke??

Mara smiled at her nephew, ?Hi, Jacen, where?s your sister??

?Right here. Sorry, I got stuck putting some of my tools away.? Jaina had an impish smile on her face as she came over and gave her aunt a hug. ?The room is awesome, thanks for the speeder parts.?

?Yeah, my new lizard likes the Correl insect shells you gave me.?

?I?m glad, now what was the joke??

?How old are the Bantha?s on their home world??

Jaina rolled her eyes, ?Oh, no??

Mara played along, ?I don?t know, how old??

?Tato-TWO-oine?

Mara let out a short laugh, ?That was good.?

Jaina grinned, ?Don?t encourage him, he?s decided he?s going to somehow make Tenal Ka laugh, everyone else is just practice.?

Luke jumped in, ?Did you two need something??

Jaina?s face froze, ?We were wondering if we could call Mom to tell her we?re all right.?

?Sure, take R2 with you, he?ll let you through the encryption.?

?Thanks, bye Aunt Mara!!?

?Bye, guys.? She was about to close the door, when she saw Mirax and Corran round the corner, Mirax carrying the bag. ?Luke, Mirax, and Corran are here.?

A quarter of an hour later, Corran leaned forward and tapped the message cube. ?Well, its been cleared, no bombs.?

?Ok, let's play it.?

Mara waved her hand over the recognition device before pressing her thumbprint on the pad, ?This reminds me of the cube, Sal-Solo gave me.? As she pressed her thumb down a short whine emitted from the base, and the cube flattened out, projecting a holo.

A strange sound came from Mara?s throat, the holo that had come form the cube was a small replica of a long dead memory. Emperor Palpatine.

?Mara Jade, the last command has yet to be fulfilled, but despite your failure to remain loyal, the Empire will rise again. Return faithfully; a second chance is all you will get.? The cowl on his hood slipped a little and for an instant his eyes were gazing straight into hers. The holo displayed a series of coordinates and symbols before shutting down.

Luke gazed at Mara?s strained face. ?It is not him, you know that. I saw him die more than once. He?s truly gone.?

?I know, but those symbols and the words--not very many people know about the last command. You, Leia, Han. None of my friends know--the specifics at least. I?ve never even told Corran or Mirax.? She glanced at their slightly confused faces. ?I completed it when I killed the clone. Right before C?boath tried to kill us both.?

Corran spoke up, ?Someone is obviously trying to convince you that he is really alive, and he wants you to meet him on Correlia. I?d recognize those coordinates anywhere.?

?Mara, what do the symbols mean?? Mirax broke her silence with caution in her voice.

?An ancient language, I?m not sure where from, but if the Emperor ever did something in writing, this was what we used. Its an added subterfuge to prove the communication was from him.?

?Altegra, dorian elcatrian jovian.? She traced the symbols out with her finger on the countertop. ?Treasure Ship Row. In the open. Three weeks from receiving the message. So that would be i

19. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
  20. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Interesting! So, are they really going to bring Iella along with them? :) I think this could get interesting, with so many ladies! ;) Poor Corran and Booster, babysitting while the ladies go out on adventures! :p

Sorry I didn't get back here sooner. I haven't really been hanging out in fanfic this week. [face_blush] Too much EUC Halloween fun. :p

Jae Angel

21. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    Is ok, I was out at a Tex Mex restraunt last night..and watched my fav. movie (besides SW of course) for the billionth time

(Bend it Like Beckham in case you're curious)

Its also Homecoming Weekend here at W&M so yea i'm abuot to go see Sister Hazel Live in the Sunken Gardens--don't worry if you don't understand me...

yup Iella is in this one :)

22. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    As we are now at about Book 2 in the series..here's the next summary..

YJK Book 2
    Shadow Academy

Jacen, Jaina and Lowie go to Lando?s new venture in the gas planet of Yavin. Named Gem Diver Station, the venture attempts to capture valuable Corsuca gems from deep inside the gas giant?s core. Tenal Ka stays behind because the Hapan Ambassador Yfra is coming to visit her at the Academy (Her friends still are unaware of her Royal heritage)
    While visiting Gem Diver Station, the twins and Lowie are kidnapped by a dark woman who is later found to be one of a new breed of Nightsisters named Tamith Kai. They are taken to a cloaked academy from where they find that they are to be trained as part of a group of dark Jedi for the Second Imperium, who has a ?Hidden Leader?. The Academy is being led by a former student named Brakiss (who?s story is further explained in The New Rebellion. He also has a brief stint in I, Jedi)
    Luke and Tenal Ka leave together to go and rescue the other Jedi Trainees, they head to Dathomir where they pretend to be master and student (Tenal Ka the master, Luke the student) and are taken to the cloaked academy on the quantum armored ship Shadow Chaser.
    Meanwhile aboard the Shadow Academy, Jacen, Jaina and Lowie are isolated after they band together to prove that Brakiss? teachings are wrong. Through holo?s and illusions, each are forced to fight one another without recognition.. Brakiss also provides them with lightsabers (Jacen especially had been slightly impatient for receiving his, and had to be talked to by Master Luke).They escape using a Corsuca Gem(which is much like a diamond..can cut through anything) and arrive at the landing bay just in time for Luke to see Brakiss, and Tenal Ka to have a brief face off with the Nightsister Tamith Kai (who had been haunting her dreams). (They escape with help from Qoryl the fighter pilot from book one...who has joined the Second Imperium)
    Upon arrival back at the Academy, Luke speaks to Jacen about Lightsabers and asks his nephew to demonstrate his new found skills. Realizing the import of what he had learned, Jacen tells his Master that he understands the need to wait and returns the Lightsaber to his uncle.

23. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    Word of Note: The story drifts into the second book of the Young Jedi Knight series in the second half of Post 3. In this part of the story I?ve taken some conversations directly from the books Heirs of the Force and Shadow Academy?kind of like what is done in I, Jedi with The Jedi Academy Trilogy. Hmm I don't know if i mentioned this above..but there are also kids that are going missing..but that is dealt with mostly in the third YJK book The Lost Ones

Post 3
    Things could only get worse. For the most part things were quiet, and then we were there. Treasure Ship Row, with something off that I couldn?t place. I know I could have stopped what happened, but I froze, and I ran. Besides, I told them I wasn?t going to stick around, that Correlia was the last stop. So it?s not really my fault.

Is it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mara glanced at Iella with questions in her eyes. ?What you?re saying is that both the NRI and PSS have noticed these disappearances, but haven?t done anything about it??

?There is nothing to do; all the missing kids are runaways, no way to trace them.?

With a cautious note in her voice, Mirax asked, ?Is there any possibility that it is renegade imperials? We may have peace with Bastion??

Anian watched Mara, as she traced a pattern in the hanger bay. The closer they got to the meeting time, the more jittery the Jedi Woman got.

?Mara, sit down-you?re driving us crazy.?

?Iella, I can?t-I know what has to be done, and none of you can be involved. If these people are who I think they are?and if they hear I have back up??

Anian spoke up, ?No, I may not have the Force, but one thing I?ve learned is NEVER go into anything like this without backup.?

Mara let out a saccharine laugh. ?I know that, there just has to be some other way. These missing kids, and this feeling I have, something is going on here. The last time I was here was right before Sal-Solo?s uprising, and Treasure Ship Row was deserted. It is hiding something under its new found legality.?

?Mara, don?t do anything rash, we came here together and we?ll figure this out together.?

~~~~~

Treasure Ship Row lay in front of them with a heavy stillness. Early on, Mara ID?d the stall the meeting was in, although she wouldn?t explain how she knew.

?Anian, you don?t have to be here with us, you can leave when you want to.? She tucked a strand of red-gold hair behind the cape.

?I know.? It was all she could say, something wasn?t letting her leave just yet.

?Ok,? Switching gears, Mara flipped on the comlink ?Iella, Mirax, we?re heading out.?
    They clicked back in response. A hundred yards from the stall, Anian casually backed away and pretended to admire some fruit being sold by a Selonian female. Watching out of the corner of her eye, she saw Mara weave her way to the antiques place and remove her hood to reveal her hair. A few minutes later, Anian followed her in, just in time to see Mara enter a back room. Running quietly, she pressed her ear to the door, muffled voices reached her.

?Mara Jade, welcome back.?

?You?re not him,? a statement.

?Ahh, but I am-and you have come to be a loyal servant to the Second Imperium.?

?Loyal? What is this masquerade? You have no more power over me then when he was really alive.?

?SILENCE!?

?I will if you show yourself.?

?Very well, take her.? Anian heard sharp yell, then silence. Quickly she moved form the door and ducked out of sight, freezing as she watched three red guards carry a brown form out a back door Mara She shrieked mentally. Trembling, her fingers barely moved as the comlink sputtered to life. ?This is Anian, they took her, I?m following.? Not waiting for the obvious arguments, she ran cautiously toward the back and moved after them.

~~~~

Five hours later, she met the two nervous women back at the hanger. Looking disheveled and frightened, she related breathlessly what she had heard and seen. ?After I followed them t

24. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    YAVIN

Luke breathed in sweet fragrance of his quarters, wishing he could figure out what Mara had been trying to tell him. He could feel her getting closer, but not where.

?Luke, what?s going on??

?It's Mara, something?s happened, but I can?t figure out what.? He sighed and smiled worriedly. ?Han, what?s going on Coruscant??

?Nothing more than the usual-Borsk being Borsk, Leia running around. She told me to tell you she loves you and misses you.?

?Thanks.?

A voice from the door intercom interrupted, ?Master Skywalker, there is a priority one comm., do you want us to patch it through?? It took a few seconds, but then the unmistakable voice of Mirax Terrik Horn filled the room. She went on for a few minutes??Luke, we don?t know what else happened. Anian couldn?t hear much.?

?Ysalmiri. I lost contact with her briefly, its how they got past her defenses. I can feel her getting closer now though. I?ll take care of it, you three just get yourselves out of the city, and come back here.?

?We?ll try, there might be something else keeping us here. Bye.?

Luke turned to Han, ?Now I need to figure out where they?re taking her. Tionne needs to know as well. Let's go to the cafeteria.?

Han looked at his brother-in-law with restrained admiration as he followed him down the temple hall. Here his wife was missing, and Luke was calmly acting like everything was under control. He could see why, though. Odds were that Mara would get herself out of the situation before Luke even got there. Even Leia never seemed to need him anymore. Strong Women.

They turned the corner and ducked just in time to miss a plate flying towards them. All the food flying across the cafeteria stopped in midair. Quietly listening to Luke reprimand his students for the food fight, Han couldn?t help but chuckle at his kids and their friends who were standing covered in orange gook.

When Luke turned back to him, letting the food come crashing down, he looked sad, ?Sometimes, I wish I could just cut loose.?

?Yes, but then who would save the galaxy??

?Someone else.?

?Then the question is, could we trust them??

~~~~

Mara stirred and stared at the walls holding her. How long have I been here? She must have dozed off because her next thought seemed to take forever to form. Ysalmiri, shavit! She sighed, realizing what had gone wrong. Stretching out she found a familiar presence, tinged with apprehension. Luke. The room lurched, allowing for the discovery that she was no longer bound to the bed and the realization that they had just come out of hyperspace. Her ears popped, and she faded out again.

Some time later, she tried to raise her head, aware of the pricks in her arms and back. Then she let out a yell, as she saw the Royal Guard standing stiffly at the end of her bed.

Her bed.

She wasn?t in a cell, or in the ship anymore, they had moved her. The room was gilded, with the light hues of a room on a luxury yacht. Determined, she glared at the Guard. ?I?m getting up, no matter what you say.?

The guard just silently pointed to a door on the right and left the room. Gingerly making her way through it she found clothes and food-clothes that unfortunately resembled her wardrobe from a former life. Realizing she hadn?t eaten in a while, Mara recognized that her sleepiness was the after effect of a healing trance. Whatever they had injected her with had taken a long time to filter out.

The guard who had followed her in growled, ?The Hidden Leader-?

?Shut up right now, don?t 'hidden leader' me. I saw what was in that room and there was no one. It?s all a sham.? Mara played a hunch, hoping she could keep up her guard, ?Now I?m assuming that you need me to help you with your Second Imperium or whatever, but if I?m on your side, you treat me as an equal. I want my lightsaber back. NOW.?

The Voice of the Emperor echoed through speakers, ?Welcome back, Mara Jade?I see your marriage was a successful infiltration. Unfortunately, you disobeyed orders

25. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    Howdy..

This is where i had put up the lyrics for the first song..so i'll do so again..

Incidently I saw them in concert in October and Michael Stipe is a hoot live..:)

REM: She just wants to be

It?s not that she walked away
    Her world got smaller
    All the usual places
    The same destinations
    Only something?s changed

It?s not that she wasn?t rewarded
    With pomegranate afternoons
    Of mingus chef baker and chess
    It?s not stampeding fortune
    Or prim affectations
    She?s off on her own