main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends To Honor the Dead -Repost--L/M, OC's, C/M, YJK Era- Trilogy Complete!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jade51999, Oct 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Post 8

Dan****ie Sector 897 on Republic Maps

"How could you just let her leave?" His eyes flashed violently. "I had her. It was your responsibility..and you blew it." The young man stared mutely ahead.

"Answer me!" the older of the two roared and raised his hand to slap the statuesque figure, only to find his hand grasped from behind by one more delicate than his.

Her calm voice intervened. "Bran Morodin, if you harm one hair on his head I will personally cut your fingers off. This is your doing."

Bran twirled around. "Elbereth, stay out of it."

"How can I? I am your twin, your equal in this family. I know when something is your fault. Take your blame."

"My blame?"

"Yes, your blame. You knew he could not reveal himself to her. It is not the time. She is not yet ready to feel the ultimate betrayal. " Her last words took on her twin's snide tone. "You are obsessed with this. What Father did to them was wrong, you know it and I know it. By the Force, watch your step."

"Elbereth, you are out of line."

"As are you, do not punish our younger brother for something he could not deal with. If you had been there to take care of your wife..." The sharp sound of flesh hitting flesh silenced her words, and only then did the frozen figure move.

"Don't you move a muscle, Illian. Or I shall do more damage than you can undo."

Nodding feebly, the boy whispered, "I will speak, Bran." His voice became tortured. "Just stop, please, just stop."

For a few moments they stood there and stared at the huddled mass on the floor between them.

When the girl stood up she stared at the man who had moments before been her brother. "I'm sorry Bran. Apparently, I made a mistake." She turned her red rimmed eyes towards her other brother, and moved towards him, lifting her skirt with the hand that was not covering the place where she had been hit. She placed a light kiss on her brother's cheek and whispered. "Little brother, come speak to me later. I wish to hear what happened from your own lips."

His eyes stared back at her in fear, the eyes that were the cause of the prejudice against him. She rushed out.

Brother faced brother

Bran's voice was tight. "Speak."

Illian breathed. "I followed her to Treasure Ship Row, when you left. That's where she disappeared. As per your orders I sent the Bounty Hunters after her. When they came back they said that they were jumped, and were clobbered from behind." He licked his lips, as his mind reeled.

"There is something else?"

"Jarad's family demands his body."

Bran spoke with a small smile growing on his face. It was a smile of triumph, and maliciousness. "He performed his part brilliantly, didn't he?"

Illian hung his head, "Yes." He knew what pain he had put her through, how he would feel if he was in her place.

"Tell them the truth, tell them that their son contributed to the glory and triumph of Morodin."

"Yes, Bran."

Bran gruffly patted him on the shoulder. "You've been gone a long time. You are reproving your loyalty despite your deformity." He laughed cruelly at the shocked face. "Such a pity you were one of the few born without the Mark of the Morodin. Too bad you weren't older. Now get out."

The boy hesitated.

"GET OUT!"

~~~~~

Elbereth quickly wiped her tears as she saw Illian enter. He looked at her and crumpled. "She was in so much pain. I tried to stop her from leaving I tried, but I couldn't, I couldn't keep her there any longer. I...tried."

"Darling, you don't need to be her protection anymore. You did that for her already. There is someone else." She was shocked that she was speaking so plainly. There were no bugs in her room, the algae on her walls stopped all electrical signals. Not able to face him she turned away before continuing. "His name is Tristan, and I love him."

"Elbereth, her brother? Does he love you?"

She looked at him with confidence, "Yes"

~~~~~

YAVIN 4

Mara ran to the medcenter at top speed, and reached there just as Luke rounded the corner carrying a limp

2. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    ~~~~~

For some reason, Tristan had turned against me. He still acted like my brother, before I mentioned my memory. But he looks sad, like he is missing someone far away. I think it is time for me to go. I don't think that I can make myself stay much longer?

~~~~~

"Tristan, what's wrong?"

He looked out the window. "Nothing."

Anian limped next to her brother, she could tell he was hurting. "Something is. If you don't tell me...I can't help. Isn't that what brothers and sisters are supposed to do? Help one another?"

He almost caved in. "Yes...but this can not be fixed." They stood in silence, watching the top of temple as the sun went down.

"There is going to be a storm, isn't there?" Her tone of voice implied that she wasn't talking about rain.

"No storm, just a minor shower."

This reply confused her. A minor shower? "A minor shower?"

"The only water will be the tears falling from my face when I have to..." He choked up. In a brief flash of anger he knocked over the bag next to the night stand. The anger dissolved as he heard a tinkle of glass hit the floor.

His face grew pale. "No..." in a quick motion he opened the bag and retrieved a holo cube. Pushing the button the cube came to life as he sagged in relief. For the first five minutes he remained transfixed on the blond figure laughed and smiled at him. He started as Anian spoke.

"Who is she?"

"Someone...I..."

"Loved?"

Her brother blushed as he corrected her. "Love."

Anian got an impish smile on her face. "Ooooooh, so? What's her name?"

The bright eyes clouded over. "Elbereth." He daren't say another word.

She repeated. "Elbereth. If you love her, I love her." As she finished her words she felt herself being wrapped in a bear hug, and became panicked as her brother started to shake.

"I'm sorry. I can't help you." As if that statement helped him make up his mind he straightened, hiding his shaking fingers in his clenched hand as he clasped them behind his back. "We're leaving."

Anian jumped back in surprise. "WHAT?!"

"You heard me. It's time we put an end to this. We must go to Dan****ie."

~~~~~

I wish we had never gone. I wish...

Why ? Why Deke?

~~~~~

Mara stared in anguish as Tristan's ship, Hope disappeared into hyperspace.

Something was not right here, not right at all. Fortunately, they had convinced them to delay as much as possible on the grounds that Anian was not yet physically able. Mara could not stop feeling that something was out of place, but Anian had made her choice, and it was her decision.

In the end, everyone had to make their own choices.

Tenal Ka had left a few weeks before, but no one had heard a thing from her.

Mara sensed that the children would want to go see her, and she could sense Luke feeling the same way. No word meant that she did not have anyone to speak to her about her feelings. And as this was a prime period in her training. Luke feared for her.

To top it off, more children had been reported missing from Coruscant. More children, had been taken. That was another mystery waiting to be solved.

~~~~~

The trip was long. The brittle silence that enveloped Tristan grew until it slammed into the bulkheads and made talking almost a suffocating thing.

He had the look that I had often seen on a friend's face, one of testing his conscience. One of deciding between his heart and his soul.

I think I've already lost both.

~~~~~

Elbereth threw his picture with all her might against the wall. After what had happened tonight, there was nothing she could do now. Nothing. She spent the night in her dress, a star of angry gold in a palace of darkness.

~~~~~

In another part of the palace, Illian stared at the ceiling, wondering what was going on in another part of the house. Within his thoughts, his blue eyes turned the color of sapphire ice, cold and unrelenting. Things had moved too far...What had occurred today was the end

3. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    The last bit was in Italics b/c i wanted it to stand out in the larger story..
    make it feel chaotic..

think the Roxanne scene in Moulan Rouge..highly charged and full of surprises..

speaking of which..

El Tango De Roxanne (Moulin Rouge)

Tango Dancer:
    We?ll drive you!
    We?ll drive you!
    We?ll drive you!
    MAD

ROXANNE
    You don?t have o put on that red light
    Walk the streets for money
    You don?t care if it?s wrong or if it is right
    ROXANNE
    You don?t have to wear tht dress tonight
    ROXANNE
    You don?t have to sell your body to the night

Christian:
    His Eyes upon your face
    His hand upon your hand
    His lips caress your skin
    IT?s MORE THAN I CAN STAND!

Tango Dancer Sings Roxanne in the Background
    While Christian keeps singing:

Christian:
    Why does my heart cry?
    Tango Dancer:
    ROXANNE
    Christian:
    Feelings I can?t fight!
    Your freet o leave me but
    Just don?t decieve me!
    ?And please believe me when I say
    I LOVE YOU!

Tango Dancer, While Christian Sings
    ROXANNE!
    You don?t have to put on that red light!
    You don?t have to wear that dress tonight
    ROXANNE!
    You don?t have to put on that red light
    ROXANNE!
    You don?t have to wear that dress tonight
    ROXANNE!
    ROXANNE!
    ROXANNE!
    ROXANNE!
    Christian:
    Why does my heart cry?
    Feelings I can?t fight!
    Roxanne! Roxanne!
    I Love You!
    I Love You!

4. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    Explanations for songs put up so far.......

Post later tonight...

REM- She Just Wants to Be
    This can be taken in two ways...as a song for Anian..or a song for Mara. I see it being that Anian is this girl who can't remember her past. All that matters for her is her best friend Deke, and what lies ahead in life for her. Similarly, Mara had broken free from her Imperial past, and has embraced one that belongs to her completely.

"Its not like I angels
    Could truly look down
    Stir up the trappings
    And light on the ground
    Remind us of what, when and why or who
    That how?s up to us, me and you "

That is ultimatly the message of the story. I feel that while the characters are defined by dates, and events, what happens after is under thier direct control. Anian can only complete her life's goal, when she recieves self-realization that she is important. Mara recieved her realization gradually, rebuilding a new life after the control of the Emperor.

Vertical Horizan- Shackled--
    This lies mostly with Anian's connection with Bran. As his wife, and his victim.
    I also feel that this song analyzes Tristan's feelings. For 10 years this man has been haunted and trapped by this event that destroyed futures.

"So here I slave inside of a broken dream
    Forever holding on to splitting seams"

His need to find his sister is his need to repair what he has lost. Similarly his relationship with Elbereth is an attempt to regain family, and sanity. Each time he stands tall, he slowly stumbles, trying to regain a foothold on what is to come.

Lifehouse: Cling and Clatter
    The Obvious: Anian without a voice, unable to vocalize what the memories are saying to her. Past voices revealing things she is unable to handle. It also depicts her feelings of losing Deke (to her knowledge the only family she has ever had). Tormenting, and twisting...the "Cling and Clatter" is making the world not make sense to the point where she no longer cares that things are no longer logical, that her life is not what it was supposed to be....

The not so obvious:
    Mara with her worries about Luke, Children, and life in general. True i didn't get into Mirax in this story as much as i would have liked. For me Mara is a much more evolved figure. I know more about her than I do about Mirax.

"Too many voices. It won?t take long
    Which one?s right. Which one?s wrong
    Yours is most likely to be misunderstood
    Screaming in tongues
    On the top of my lungs"

Just craziness distracting from focusing on what's important, and logical.

It's Been Awhile--Staind
    This is an insight into Tristan Romani, a man who values tradition above all else. A man who has lived desperately to find his sister only to realize that she can not return to him. It will take him a shocking splash of reality to see that traditions can be broken, because wrongs have to be put right.

"It's been awhile
    Since I could look at myself straight
    Since I said I'm sorry
    Since I've seen the way
    the candle lights your face "

He hasn't had time to apologise to his sister for taking so long to find her, and he feels not worthy of being Elbereth's love.

His Addiction is fear, fear that his life will never be right. Fear of the out-of-control.
    And once he is able to realize his faults, he can save his sister, and himself.

Bent-Matchbox Twenty
    "can you help me I'm bent
    I'm so scared that I'll never
    get put back together
    you're breaking me in
    and this is how we will end
    with you and me bent "

This song felt to me to be about support. Needing family to help get through troubles. Mirax and Corran, through love. Luke and Mara with their feelings for one another, and confidence in having a child.

"If I need some other love
    give me more than I can stand
    and when my smile gets old and faded
    wait around I'll smile again"

This is the love that Anian, and Tristan need. With family and heart, they can begin to heal.

Drive: Incubus
    Onc

5. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    ~~~~~
    Incubus: The Warmth

I?d like to close my eyes and go numb
    But there?s a cold wind coming from
    The top of the highest high-rise today
    It?s not a breeze cause? it blows hard
    Yes and it wants me to discard the humanity I know,
    Watch the warmth blow away
    Do you think I should adhere
    To that pressing new frontier?
    And leave in my wake a trail of fear?
    Or should I hold my head up high
    And throw a wrench in spokes by l
    Leaving the air behind me clear?
    Don?t let the world bring you down
    Not everyone here is that ****** up
    And cold
    Remember why you came and while you?re alive
    Experience the warmth before you grow old..

Incubus: I miss you

To see you when I wake up
    Is a gift I didn?t think could be real.
    To know that you feel the same as I do
    Is a three-fold utopian dream
    You do something to me that I can?t explain
    So would I be out of line if I said
    I miss you?

I see your picture, I smell your skin on the empty pillow net to mine
    You have only been gone ten days, but already I?m wasting away
    I know I?ll se you again
    Whether far or soon
    But I need you to know that I care
    And I miss you

Lifehouse: Everything

Find me here
    Speak to me
    I want to feel you
    I need to hear you
    You are the light
    That is leading me
    To the place where
    I find peace again
    You are the strength
    That keeps me walking
    You are the hope
    That keeps me trusting
    You are the life to my soul
    You are my purpose
    You are everything
    And how can I
    Stand here with you
    And not be moved by you
    Would you tell me
    How could it be
    Any better than this
    You calm the storms
    You give me rest
    You hold me in your hands
    You won?t let me fall
    You still my heart
    And you take my breath away
    Would you take me in
    Would you take me deeper now
    ?Cause you are all I want
    You are all I need
    You are everything
    Everything

No One --Cold
    Well I can't ever really believe no one was sent to get me
    And I feel like I'm being erased and no one got left here
    I'm all alone no one was sent to get me
    I'm all alone no one got left here
    But I'm fine no one left here well I'm fine
    If it's fine then stay I can't breathe when I see
    The pictures sent without you I feel like I've been erased
    No one got left here
    I'm all alone no one got left here
    I'm so sick of this terrible instinct it's so hard now
    Just to find you
    So sick of the terrible instinct
    I can only find you

6. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    Post 9
    My first thoughts when I awoke were that he was alive.

Then I realized that there was only one way that was possible.

Just when my life was seeming to be put back together, someone stepped on the puzzle and threw it into the Maw. But he's alive, and nothing but that saves me from teetering over to despair. No matter how hard I cried for death.

~~~~~

Yavin

Mara awoke with a gasp, shivering as she tried to orient herself. The sheets which she shared with Luke were soaked with perspiration, and for moments all she could hear was her own breathing. Then a clammy hand on her back startled her out of the Jedi calming technique.

"Emperor's Black Bones!" She turned and found herself staring into worry
    filled eyes.

"Mara..." He trailed off as he saw the still wild look in her eyes. It must have been some dream to effect her in this manner.

She shook her head, and grasped for his hand. "Help" she wheezed, "Help me
    reach calm."

Luke let his eyes roll back as he closed his eyelids which were creased with worry veins. Reaching in the force touched her center and slowly immersed and intertwined the force with her own sense until her harsh breathing stopped and she could speak.

She lay back and let the Force flow through her, unwilling to think about what she had just dreamt.

Luke placed his hand palm up on her damp skin and shook his head. If they didn't get her out of the cool air from the window she would be feverish before morning. He made a move to pick her up, but she resisted.

"Luke, it was worse this time. She tried to take her life."

Luke walked around to his side of the bed, and gently smoothed out her plastered hair. "You don't know if it really happened Mara, you know visions do not work that way."

"I know that, but this seemed so real, and I was her. I could feel what was going through her mind. About not giving in, and not..." Her voice strangled off. In a minute she started again. "She was happy about one thing. Someone she thought was dead was not, but I cannot pinpoint who."

Luke frowned, this did not sound like a vision. "Mara, do you know where Tristan took her?"

Mara nodded. "To their home, on the planet Valdet two parsecs from Dan****ie, home of the Morodin." Their eyes met. You think we should go after them, right?

"To check on her." Then he paused. "You, Corran and Mirax, if it works with them. I think I need to take the kids towards Hapes, the fact that we have not heard from Tenal Ka yet is a surprise, and needs to be remedied as well."

Mara shivered again and attempted to get up. "Dark Times are ahead, love. I
    feel something coming."

Luke guided her gently into the refresher, taking a detour to a drawer. "All the more reason to move as quick as possible." He tossed in a set of dry clothes and kissed her fingertips "Call me if you need help."

~~~~~

Dan****ie

Her shadow moved quickly, without shape, covered by the black cloak. After a few moments she stooped in front of a door, and typed in a code.

Noiselessly, it swung open, and she crawled through. Like a whisper of rain on tile, the shadow moved to a larger door at the end of a dank and musty hall covered in mildew. In the background, the scurry of rats dampened the noise of her low coughs and helped the moss fixtures absorb them, to someone listening in it was like a region of silent suffering.

The door at the end of the hall opened, and she ran into the arms of the one person she had been thinking of for the last five years. Her mortal enemy, Tristan Romani.

The month that he had spent wandering the underreaches of a world ruled by the few and condemned by the many had changed him. His usual dark hair had become a limp color of dirt with a streak of white in the front. His gray eyes were hollow, but had come from a man searching for ten years only to lose what he had found after a little time of regaining it. He held his love for a long moment, before speaking. "How is she?"

Elbereth sho

7. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    ~~~~~
    Dan****ie

The rush of the guards coming in behind him caused Illian to call out, "Adriaho! Help!" Four or five arms reached around him and over the balcony to pull Anian's bruised body over the edge. They both lay on the floor, gasping in exertion. Slowly, he got up and ordered the guards out, yelling in
    anger.

"Is this the treatment we give a family member? What have you been doing to her?"

The head guard looked at him. "Nothing that her husband hasn't ordered. We aren't allowed to feed her unless she asks. Her room is locked from all sides. The only way she got on the roof is because she begged us; we didn't know that she would try to jump."

Illian walked over to the door in disgust. "If we all listened to my brother, would this planet be a better place to live on? We seem to be losing humanity, like he's losing his mind. Get out, I'll take care of her and bring her back up."

"We have to stay outside the room."

"Fine. Two guards, no more." They filed out, and Illian turned to the girl on the floor of his room. Curled into a fetal position, she was sobbing quietly in pain. Leaving her there for the moment, Illian turned down his bed, and ran to his refresher for something to clean up her bruises. When he returned, she was standing behind him, pale her eyes bright with wonder.

Haltingly at first, she pointed at him as he approached. "You died. I heard you. I HEARD you. " Her voice was low. "You died. You died."

Illian reached for her hand and for a second she moved away, then she froze allowing him to lead her to the bed. "I didn't die, another man pretending to be me did. Even if I didn't physically die, my heart and mind as Deke did."

"What was wrong with Deke?"

"He was a pawn in his older brother's game to destroy a family."

"And you? Who are you?"

His blue eyes stared at her. "I am Illian Morodin. I am the younger brother, third in line for the head of the family. I am an anomaly. I do not bear the purple eyes that is the Mark of the Morodin. I am Deke, I am your friend."

Anian's eyes flashed. "You are my friend? No, a friend does not let someone who's been with him for ten years think he's dead. A friend does not let his brother starve his wife. A friend...does not stop a friend from doing what needs to be done." She glanced at the balcony. "That needed to be done. I needed to be finished."

Illian crushed her in a enveloping hug. "No, you are not finished. You are not done. I will not let it happen." Anian, in pain, backed away from him, and swayed grabbing the wall for support.

"Anian, I am--, I am a student of medicine, a student of traditional law, and a student of life. If I can get you out of here, I shall. But you must regain your strength." He picked her up and put her on the bed. "I will eat what you eat, and help you. In two weeks time, you will no longer need to suffer, no longer need the pain."

As she drifted off to sleep, she looked at him and smiled. "I'm glad you're alive..."

~~~~~
    It took me longer than two weeks to rehabilitate. The first time Illian tried to taste my food, one of the guards had to knock the bowl out of his hand so he couldn't. The guard was ordered to bring real food back.

I feel like I'm floating, I don't feel any pain any more.

~~~~~

The hallway was dark, and there were no guards around. In the past three days, Bran had been out of the city, and he was not supposed to be back until the following week. To Elbereth and Tristan, it seemed like the perfect opportunity to do something.

Elbereth was surprised at Bran's reaction to Anian's improvement, and her continuing struggle against him. Instead of being angry, he was becoming slightly unhinged. The night before his departure he had walked up and down the hall past Anian's room, making sure she was in there, making sure that her part of the house was locked down. Bran had become paranoid.

Elbereth had woken up that night to find him standing over her bed. He had whispered something, but she had been onl

8. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    Hey Guys..sorry but during that last post we hit the next book....

YJK #5
    Darkest Knight
    In the previous book: Zekk defeated another student to earnt he titleof Darkest Knight.

In this book:
    As his first task he must raid a mechanical plant on the wookie homeworld of Kashykk.
    Guess who happnes to be there?

Jacen, Jaina, and Tenal Ka are going to Lowie's city to support him while his sister Sirrakuk undergoes a rite of passage (going into the underlevels and retrieving a silk thread form a plant that is carnivorous)

Sirra is reckless with a "punk rocker" look--shaved patches around her writsa nd ankels and head. She is determined to be different, and wants to be out in the world..like her brother. She and Lowie lost a friend who performed the rite fooleshly by herself..Rabba was emulating Lowie's feat so that she would someday be considered worthy to be his mate.

As the second Imperium arrives Zeek has 2 tasks
    1: to raid the factory (where Lowie's parents happen to work)
    2: To rid the 2nd imperium mof the YJK nuisence--Tamith Kai believed that he could not succeed.

2 nightsisters come to retrieve the Shadow Chaser(the quantum armored ship)which Chewie used to bring the kids ot Kashykk.

The raid on the factory is semi-successful, gut each time Zekk meets up with the twins he is unable to perform the second one. The YJK are forced into the underbrush, and have to fight with Nighsisters, stormtroopers, and the wildlife.
    At the end Jaina faces off with Zekk who tells her to not go back to the academy...alluding to an imminent attack on the Jedi Academy, and tries to make her realize how he has been lost.

Wallflowers: I?ve been delivered
    Well, I could break free
    From the wood of a coffin
    If I need
    But nothing's as hard as
    Getting free from places
    I've already been
    I've been waist deep
    In the burning meadows
    Of my mind
    In the engine
    In cold December
    Shooting fire from the hose
    Now, turn off your lights
    'Cause I'm not coming home
    'Til I'm delivered
    For the first time
    I was first born to a parade
    It follows in rows
    Down a narrow, cold black river
    Faceless shadows moving slow
    I would move swift when
    The sounds of a trumpet would blow
    I've been the puppet
    I've been the strings
    I know the vacant face it brings
    Now the bells of curfew
    They may ring before I'm through
    But soon, I'll be delivered for the first time
    You might keep clean
    In the back of an angel motorcade
    It doesn't matter who walks in
    You know, the joke is still the same
    You'll just wake up
    Like a disposable lover
    Decomposed
    I've been gone
    I've been remembered
    I've been alive
    I've been a ghost
    Now when downtown explodes
    I'll still be on this road
    Til I'm delivered
    For the first time
    I have drawn blood
    From the neckline
    When the vampires were in fashion
    You know, I'd even learn
    To cut my throat
    If I thought I could fit in
    'Cause I once heard
    That you've gotta learn
    How to blend in to this mess
    Where nothing's hard
    Nothing's precious
    Nothing's smooth or flawless
    Now, no more amused
    Just screaming to be delivered
    For the first time
    Now I'm ten miles
    In the deep
    And the mighty blue sea
    Looking back towards a long white beach
    Burning up into yellow flames
    And I just wave back
    Like a little boy up on a pony
    In a show
    'Cause I can't fix
    Something this complex
    anymore than I can build a rose
    So just keep on letting go
    'Cause I must be close
    To being delivered for the first time
    Now I'd rather bleed out
    A long stream from being lonely
    And feel blessed
    Than drown
    laying face down
    In a puddle of respect
    I was once lost
    In the corridors of the arena
    In blindfolds
    I've been the bull
    I've been the whip
    I just pulled down the matador
    So now, turn on your lights
    'Cause I'm coming home
    I've been delivered for the first time.

9. -Trickster-

-Trickster- Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 12, 2003
    Gotta say, this is really good! Why people aren't AHEM reading this is beyond me.

10. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    thanks sticks :)

hehe i'll put up the last bit tomorrow and the epilouge and misc. stuff on friday after my last exam..

11. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    Lifehouse: Simon

Catch your breath hit the wall scream out loud as you start to crawl back in
    Your cage the only place where they will leave you alone
    ?Cause the weak will seek the weaker until they?ve broken them could you get it back again
    Would it be the same fulfillment to their lack of strength
    At your expense left you with no defense they tore it down and I have
    Felt the same as you. I?ve felt the same s you. I?ve felt the same
    Locked inside the only place where you feel sheltered where you feel safe
    You lost yourself in your search to find something else to hide behind
    The fearful always preyed on your confidence
    Did they see the consequence when they pushed you around
    The arrogant build kingdoms made of the different ones
    Refuse to feel anything at all refuse to slip refuse to
    Fall can?t be weak can?t stand still you watch your back
    This far traded your worth for these scars for your only
    Companies don?t believe the lies that they told you
    Not one word was true you?re alright you?re alright you?re alright

Outside --Staind
    And you, bring me to my knee, again.
    And all the times, that i had to beg you please, in vain.
    And all the times, that I've felt insecure, for you.
    And I leave my burdens at the door.

but I'm on the outside
    I'm looking in
    I can see through you,
    see your true colors.
    'cause inside you're ugly.
    Your ugly like me.
    I can see through you
    see to the real you.

And all this time
    that i felt like this won't end,
    was for you.
    And I taste
    but i could never have,
    its from you.
    And all this time that i tried,
    my intention, Full of pride
    And i waste more time than anyone.

I'm on the outside,
    I'm lookin' in,
    I can see through you,
    see your true colors,
    'Cause inside your ugly,
    your ugly like me
    I can see through you
    see to the real you.

All the times that I've cried,
    all this wasted it's all inside
    and i feel all this pain
    Stuffed it down it's back again
    and i lie here in bed
    all alone i can't mend
    and i feel tomorrow will be okay

I'm on the Outside
    I'm lookin' in,
    I can see through you
    see your true colors
    'Cause inside your ugly
    your ugly like me
    Ican see through you
    see to the real you

12. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    Post 10
    ~~~
    After that, there was only one way my life could go and that was down. So I refused to let it.
    It was genius really. He thought he had me beaten. He thought I was brainwashed...
    So pretended like I was...
    It wasn't hard...but acting is very tiring...
    and I really want to sleep now.

~~~~
    Dan****ie

Illian woke from his sleep, feeling less than relaxed. He realized that he must have been tired, because he didn't even remember going to sleep. Then he remembered her kissing him, and he smiled. The happiest moment of his life, and it was tarnished by hearing the stun bolt ring in his ears. He moved, and moaned. Every inch of his body hurt, and the bed felt like a clapboard on his back.

Slowly, he opened his eyes to see someone standing over him. For a second the sounds seemed slowed down, as if he wasn't quite awake yet. And then it was all clear and a pounding of noise and sound.

"Illian. Illian....Its Elbereth. Are you all right?"

He made an attempt to speak, and found that there was no moisture in his throat. A second later a glass of water was forced to his lips. "Anian, where is she?"

A familiar face looked at him, "I was hoping you could let us know, kid. You gave us quite a scare."

"How long was I out?"

Solo scrunched his face thinking for a moment. "Well from the moment we realized you were missing, to when you woke up just now ...about half a day."

"Its almost evening. She must be with him now."

Elbereth looked at him sternly. "Illy what happened. We need to know right now."

"Can I at least get of this rock hard bed?"

Another voice spoke up, Tristan. "No Doctor's Orders, we think that when you fell you did something to your neck. I need to asses you first, this table will keep your neck still. Illian realized that his neck was not moving, and that there really wasn't any reason to argue.

"I think she panicked, but in a lucid way. She seemed to think that she wasn't worth saving, that all our sacrifices were going to get us killed in the long run, to save someone who was ultimately crazy. She said..." He took another sip of water. "She said that she would sacrifice herself once she got word that we had escaped safely, that she would distract him."

There was a brief silence as they contemplated this. Then Corran spoke up. "How long did she say it would take her?"

Everyone looked at him shocked. "Corran, we aren't going to leave her."

He looked astonished, "No that isn't what I was saying, just that we can get an assault put together in that time, so that then he will be distracted enough for us to get on our ships and out of here. It seems that the underground here is ready to move against him, they are calling for a new leader.

Illian smiled, "I know, Congratulations dear sister, you have the support of the people. Use it."

Elbereth looked at him. "What?"

"Since I've been back, I've become involved with the local Insurgency front. They are prepared to be in contact with groups like theirs planet wide. There will be no violence, just sudden silent demonstrators."

"Dear brother, what about the guards?"

He laughed, a brief twinkle in his eye. About the answer, he was stopped as Tristan pulled the snap off the table, and allowed him to sit up.

"You will be sore for awhile, Illian. Now go on."

Illian smiled wanly. "A guard at the palace has sought out guards like him who are opposed to Bran's now autocratic rule. He realized his error when he saw Anian's last skydive off the tower." He grew somber. "Funny, how the jump that saved her life is also the one that will bring Bran down. In a way she will be the one to have saved Dan****ie." Coming out of his brief self-interlude he spoke with quick tact. "Anyway, the guards are with us, we just have to send the word, and they will attack, and they have agreed to protect Anian with their lives if Bran tried to touch her."

"Now if only we could get her back, I hope that she changes her mind about it." A small tear trickled down his cheek

13. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    ~~~~
    I'm afraid its time.
    My eyelids are closing on me. Maybe I'll see you someday, Mara, Mirax, Corran. I hope you come out of this alive.

~~~~

He was waiting for them the next evening under the street light. There was nowhere he could go without seeing the signs for his arrest and death. If he kept his head down, no one would notice that his eyes were purple, and instead they saw the dark eyes of the Native Dan****ie's.

They left as a group. The red hared Jedi, and a dark hared woman with the Jedi with the silver blade from the night before were flanked by Elbereth and that scum of man Tristan Romani. Anian was walking slowly supporting a limping Illian. Illian whose grin lighted even the darkest night. They were the last of the pack. As Elbereth and Tristan passed next to his huddled form next to the light he saw his ex-wife kiss his younger brother. Her arms were tight, with a face full of hope. It made him sick. Without thinking he moved, knowing that he would be the ultimate winner.

~~~~
    As Anian released him from the heart-wrenching kiss, Illian saw the man move, like lightening he jumped out from under the garments, and grabbed Elbereth's hair. She screamed in pain, but froze as she felt the butt of a blaster under her neck.

Tristan's hand stopped halfway to his blaster, and his throat contracted as he saw the terror on her face. "Let your sister go Bran."

The man's disheveled face, leered at him. "No. I have the satisfaction of knowing that we will all die together. " He heard the snap hiss of two lightsaber blades, and pulled his other hand out from under his cloak. "I wouldn't do that if I were you. A thermal detonator is faster than a lightsaber blade."

"Morodin, you won't get away with this." That was sliver sword.

He laughed, "Oh but I will. But I will." Before anyone could do anything about it he dropped the thermal detonator. Tristan lunged for Elbereth, but stopped midway when he realized that the bomb had not gone off.

Morodin's face froze. It was a dud. Realizing the hilarity of the situation he threw his head back and roared with maniacal glee. "So maybe I do get the last laugh after all. Now you will live with her death on your hands." Like lightening he pushed Elbereth towards Tristan simultaneously bringing the blaster in sights with her heart. As the Blaster went off, he heard a wail from behind, as a girl in a light silver coat jumped in the line of fire.

There was silence. On the ground on top of Elbereth was Anian, who was now a pale white gasping for air. Slowly Elbereth moved out from under her, and took the girls head in her lap. "Anya, No...." Her tear stained face looked up at Tristan, who was red in anger.

The read hared Jedi spoke. "Tristan, Not in anger. Let him be dealt with by the people."

"No." To her surprise, the voice came not from Tristan but from Illian, who was pointing his blaster at Bran. Bran whose now unsteady laughter was becoming higher and higher pitched as the irony of what he had done set in. He had killed her? He had fulfilled her wish to die, when all of these pathetic friends had let him hurt her. He told them so.

Calm, Illian walked over to his brother. "There is no judiciary, and as the youngest family member, I make the lasting decision. I pronounce him guilty of conspiracy, murder, and destruction of the family name. The sentence: death."

Mara and Mirax were talking to Anya, and turned as he spoke these words. Corran's ability to move was hindered by his holding Tristan back. What happened next stunned them all.

In a quick motion the elder Morodin snapped off a shot towards the red-faced Tristan yelling "I will get rid of you all...." Like the lady on the floor, Tristan ducked, while Corran flashed his saber to stop the beam. In the next instant Bran shot to the man in front of him who was aiming for his heart. Both beams passed in mid air and hit both at the exact moment.

Illian knew it was coming, but he didn't fear it. As he landed on the ground his arm

14. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    Sarah McLaughlin: Angel

Spend all your time waiting
    For that second chance
    For a break that would make it okay
    There?s always one reason
    To feel not good enough
    And its? hard at the end of the day
    I need some distraction
    Oh beautiful release
    Memory seeps from my veins
    Let me be empty
    And weightless and maybe
    I?ll find some peace tonight

In the arms of an angel
    Fly away from here
    From this dark cold hotel room
    And the endlessness that you fear
    You are pulled form the wreckage
    Of your silent reverie
    You?re in the arms of the angel
    May you find some comfort there

So tired of the straight line
    And everywhere you turn
    There?s vultures and thieves at your back
    And the storm keeps on twisting
    You keep on building the lie
    That you make up for all that you lack
    It don?t make no difference
    Escaping one last time
    Its? easier to believe in this
    Sweet madness oh
    This glorious sadness that
    Brings me to my knees

In the arms of an angel
    Fly away from here
    From this dark cold hotel room
    And the endlessness that you fear
    You are pulled from the wreckage
    Of your silent reverie
    May you find some comfort there
    May you find some comfort here

U2- In a little while
    In a little while
    Surely you'll be mine
    In a little while... I'll be there
    In a little while
    This hurt will hurt no more
    I'll be home, love

When the night takes a deep breath
    And the daylight has no air
    If I crawl, if I come crawling home
    Will you be there?

In a little while
    I won't be blown by every breeze
    Friday night running to Sunday on my knees
    That girl, that girl she's mine
    Well I've known her since,
    Since she was

A little girl with Spanish eyes
    When I saw her first in a pram they pushed her by
    Oh my, my how you've grown
    Well it's been, it's been... a little while

ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh

Slow down my beating heart
    A man dreams one day to fly
    A man takes a rocket ship into the sky
    He lives on a star that's dying in the night
    And follows in the trail, the scatter of light
    Turn it on, turn it on, you turn me on

Slow down my beating heart
    Slowly, slowly love Slow down my beating heart
    Slowly, slowly love Slow down my beating heart
    Slowly, slowly love

15. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    Here is the Explanations...Your epilouge will come tomorrow.....

Explanation: The Warmth: Incubus
    "I?d like to close my eyes and go numb
    But there?s a cold wind coming from
    The top of the highest high-rise today
    It?s not a breeze cause? it blows hard
    Yes and it wants me to discard the humanity I know,"

This song is about life, about suicide, and about finding your way back, finding that reason to live.
    This is the point where Anian has lost all hope. The other times she was in a tight spot, there were things to saver her. On Correllia, it was her ingenuity, and hope that Mara, Mirax or Iella would find her. When left without her voice, it was her need and hope to not give up as well as her memories of her childhood, providing her with the hope that she could find her family again. When told she would die, she allowed the Jedi to come to her aid.

When this song takes place, she believes her brother is dead. That she is married to the man she has been tormented by, the man who was part of an orchestration to destroy her family, and she has found out that her best friend, the man she loves is a member of the same family. Desperation has taken over.

?Don?t let the world bring you down
    Not everyone here is that *****d up
    And cold
    Remember why you came and while you?re alive?

What she needs is a reason to live...and she finds that after making a serious attempt on her life. Her reason to live is a tiny glimmer of hope.

Explanations: I Miss You: Incubus
    ?To see you when I wake up
    Is a gift I didn?t think could be real.
    To know that you feel the same as I do
    Is a three-fold utopian dream?
    You do something to me that I can?t explain
    So would I be out of line if I said
    I miss you??

This is Illian?s song, who on the surface seems to be a young man, directly under his brother?s control. He seems to be weak and unable to make his own decisions. Later you see that he is part of an orchestration to do the right thing and overthrow his brother?s madness. He is the moral brother of the two.

This song represents his hesitation with Anian, how he has loved her from a afar, and has never been able to say it until now. So Instead of going straight out and telling her how he feels, he tries to help her by slowyl undermining his brother.

Likewise this song show?s Tristan and Elbereth?s love for one another despite the distance between them.

Explanation: Everything: Lifehouse

?You are the hope
    That keeps me trusting
    You are the life to my soul
    You are my purpose
    You are everything?

Tristan and Elbereth?s belief in their family, and need to commit to doing the right thing. They both feel the pain of Illian and Anian, more than the other two even realize. For most of their lives these elder siblings have torn their lives apart to make sure the younger two were all right. Especially painful for Elbereth is the idea that the man she has to destroy is the man who is connected to her by birth, her twin brother.

?Everything? also represents the sacrifice that one goes through, for loved ones. Anian sacrifices herself for the only family she has ever known. Seeing Luke come in made her realize that she could be the reason for loss, all because they were working to save her one life, she still does not realize how much her one life means to them.

Explanation: No One: Cold

?Well I can't ever really believe no one was sent to get me
    And I feel like I'm being erased and no one got left here
    I'm all alone no one got left here?

Anian?s despair? and the feeling at the end of Post 9 that this is the end of the line. She knows that by shooting Illian, she has put herself in a position where there is no way out. Part of her feels like there is no way out, but the other part hopes that someone will come to save her.

Additionally, At the beginning of Post 9 Tristan is tormented by the thought that his sister has just been fed to the wolves... Literally becau

16. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    Interlude:
    YJK Book 6
    Jedi Under Seige
    At the Jedi Academy, Brakiss and his Dark Jedi headed by Jacen and Jaina's friend Zekk (Darkest Knight) attack, only to be thwarted in enormous numbers by the superiority of the Jedi students skill. Brakiss rejects Luke's final plea to turn back to the Light, and returns to speak to a the red guards who guard the rooms of the man he believes is the reborn emperor. The self destruct on board the battle station blows up, just after he finds out that the whole thing was an elaborate hoax, put together by the emperor?s loyal and faithful servants, the Imperial Red Guards. As the station scatters and burns in Yavin 4's atmosphere, a lone red guard flies away, once again a failure. In an attempt to stop his friends from walking into a trap, Zekk prevents them from entering the Great Temple where a munitions expert had set a bomb.

Zekk was severely hurt in the blast, everyone one else sustained minor injuries, once again Luke?s Jedi had proved themselves.

~~~~~
    Epilogue:
    Mara held herself against the warm sun of Yavin 4. Arriving days after the battle She, Mirax, Corran, Luke and the family of Anya and Illian laid them to rest. Anian had mentioned to the Guards while she waited to be rescued how she loved the weather on Yavin, and how that is where she wanted to lie for all eternity. No one saw it fit to separate her from Illian.

Her sadness had melted away, as she realized that Anian's torment in life was now behind her, and that she was now with the force, with her true life's love. It hurt to see her buried, and to know she wasn't around. But Mara had seen much worse, and understood that in a galaxy of pain, death was not the end of life. It was an end to suffering.

Bran's remains had been spread over the mythic mountains of Dan****e, as part of ancient galactic lore, so he could forever be lost searching for his parts as they were flown around the galaxy by the wind.

Mara smiled, as Luke's hands tightened around her waist, and whispered into the wind, drowning herself in his presence. Taking his hand in hers she pulled him towards the other mourners including the two survivors of Dan****e (soon to be wed). "Things can never be set right. But we can move on, can't we?"

Luke squeezed her fingers back. "Yes Mara, moving on doesn't mean we forget, just that we the dead live through our memories. They best way to honor them, is to be true to them."

She smiled and let the tears flow as the spikes were driven in the ground right next to the Jedi memorial. "Than we shall"
    THE END

17. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    The End!

Ok those of you who are lurking..the sequal will begin when i get back to school in late January..:)

18. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    *grins and nods* Yes, yes it will. *goes back to editing said sequel*

19. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    This up is legalized under the rulings of GFFA rule 572, page 910, section 5, paragraph C, sentence 4.

20. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    Hey, Just in case anyone is keeping track of this...The sequal has officially begun..Its bigger longer..and (I hope better since it took me 2.5 years to write it!)

UP UP and away!

21. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
  22. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Wow. I really loved this story! Really great portrayal of Mara & Mirax and you really had me on the edge of my seat. Anian was a really great character, you wrote her very well and made her seem like one of the crew. So sad that she died in the end, but she did die with her one true love, so that's fitting. :D

I'm off to start the sequels. (Hopefully I'll have them all finished by Monday.)

23. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    *waves hello* I finished reading this about a week ago; now that I have a moment I thought I'd give a short review. ;) I had great fun reading this fic and I really enjoyed seeing what Mara was doing during the YJK. Poor Anian dying in the end, but I did think she was an interesting character so it was enjoyable to read about her. :)

I have no idea when I'll be getting to the sequels :confused: [face_blush] [face_laugh] but I hope sometime within in the next month or two (I have a loooong back log of fanfics to read so that's why it might take me a while ;)). :)

24. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    JAJ Whoa I think I just realized that I had readers over here!

Thanks, i'm glad you liked it! Killing Anian and Illian was hard to do, but I realized after putting her through the ringer, she was going to be too emotionally messed up to be happy....(i know, i know) I also..wanted to focus on the siblings, which --if you're reading the sequals you see. :)

LCJ! Wow, i'm excited that you're reading this too! Take your time with the sequals, I hope you like them too! I understand about the long list of fics to read, right now I think i may have to ban myself from reviewing once I get the rest of my stuff up b/c i just realized school is almost done and there's a term paper due in two weeks--and no research is done! Ahh!

Thanks for reading!

25. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    Part III is now complete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.