main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

To Know a Jedi

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Darth Milarc, Mar 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Milarc

Darth Milarc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2000
    Hey, where can i find this flick. I hear its really good, and i wanna see it.

2. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    Interestingly enough, www.toknowajedi.com.

3. G-Unit

G-Unit Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2004
    You could also try searching on the boards for its topic.

4. Darth Milarc

Darth Milarc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2000
    Thanks Funk-E.

5. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Prepare to be entertained.

That is, after you finally finish that whopper of a download.

6. Andross

Andross Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2004
    I searched like good Jedi. Took me over six hours at 26.2 kb/s, and I'm still going. Cutting it in half and zipping it would be appreciated.

7. DMPjedi

DMPjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2003
    I too spent around 6 hours downloading it. And I never did get it to play.

8. outrider462004

outrider462004 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2004
    Why does that title remind me of a song

9. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    It took me about half a day to download... I think. I'm not sure, I set it to download at night and it was done in the morning, so not really half a day, but meh. Besides, there are lower res. versions, you don't have to get the huge one. Like I did. Because I have a cable connection ^_^

10. VaporTrail

May 19, 2002
    Heh, I think it too me less than an hour.
    And it runs like a charm.

However, it doesn't work in Windows Media Player anymore. It used to, but it decided it doesn't like it anymore or something.

The Divx player I had worked just fine though, and I can watch it in there, even since I upgraded it.

I don't think Lake is gonna put out a quicktime format. I was curious so tried exporting it once at like 60% quality.. didn't even get close to halfway and it was already at like 400+ mb. I don't know what would happen if I cut the resolution in half.. or even if I saved it, then ran it through AE to compress it, but meh, it's not a huge concern of mine.

-Vaportrail

11. LtlLake

LtlLake Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2003
    Quicktime is not an ideal choice for longform video files when you're talking about a good quality/size ratio. It's 92 minutes, near DVD quality at fullscreen, and small enough to fit on a CD. It's also on a fiberoptic server for a stable and fast connection. Just make sure you have the latest DivX codec installed (the link is on the website) and all should be great.

-Laker

ps. DivX I know can be hit and miss on the Mac, but even still, every codec has it's issues.

Enjoy TKAJ.

12. VaporTrail

May 19, 2002
    Hey Lake, read your e-mail, would ya? I'm dyin' over here.

:p

13. cooljack91

cooljack91 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 11, 2004
    I downloaded it, but I can't get it to play. :_|:_|

there are lower res. versions

What?.... Where? Could you post a link?

- Ian

14. Evil-Henchman

Evil-Henchman Jedi Master star 4

Jul 17, 2004
    Key words here... Lastest version of DivX.

Windows Media Player will sometimes show a solid black screen or not play the DivX video file at all if the file was made using the latest version of DivX and you do not have the latest version of DivX installed. However, some of the other media players out there will.

15. Evil-Henchman

Evil-Henchman Jedi Master star 4

Jul 17, 2004
    I just finished watching "To Know A Jedi" and all I can say is... damn. The story just blew me away. I mean sure not all of the acting is all that great nor the fight scenes or the rotoscoping and there's some mighty convenient plot devices but... damn. Good frikkin' flick. I really enjoyed it. :)

16. VaporTrail

May 19, 2002
    ^^IMO, I don't believe the fight scenes are supposed to be great.

With the exception of TJ (blue shirt green saber) and Will, and possibly Derek, none of these characters have any real sword fighting experience and wouldn't know what they're doing. I think the fight's actually pretty good if they were taking that into account. If they weren't, and they were trying to make a really good fight.. then yeah, you'd be right.

17. VaporTrail

May 19, 2002
    Eh, why not, I'll show off.
    I was trying to put TKAJ on a DVD for a while.. tho I don't have a burner. What's that file type called.. VCD? Yeah, couldn't get it to work.
    Anyway, I did design a DVD cover for it, which I kinda like.
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v511/Vaportrail1519/ToKnowaJedi.jpg]
    Meh, photobucket shrank it, but you get the idea.

-Vaportrail

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.