main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "To Know The Road Ahead" ("Don't Let Me Fall" Sequel) Obi/Qui

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Shira_Adola, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Shira_Adola

Shira_Adola Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    Ok, so I lied. I simply don't have the patience to wait until my task is finished to post. Sorry Master.

Title: To Know The Road Ahead
    By: Shira_Adola
    Category: JA, AU, Angst, h/c, mush
    Spoilers: None
    Disclaimer: All recognizable characters belong to Lucas.
    Copywrite: Djara, Li'ohn, Nahl, Jenner and Bennett are my characters! Ask before using!
    Time Frame: Obi-Wan is 16
    Warning: This story contains scenes of torture. If you don't like it, don't rail on me for it.

Chapter One: ?Careful when worlds collide.? (Machine, Josh Groban)

Green flashed against blue, the former bearing down on the owner of the sapphire blade. Obi-Wan Kenobi, sixteen year old Jedi apprentice to Qui-Gon Jinn, grit his teeth as he fought against the raw force of his Master. With a grin, Qui-Gon gave a small shove, sending his Padawan tumbling to the floor, Obi-Wan rolled around and came to his feet in a crouch, holding his lightsaber in front of him as he slowly circled his Master, keeping low to the ground.

?You will never beat me with brute strength, my young apprentice.? Qui-Gon laughed. ?You will have to think of something else.?

Qui-Gon?s comm-unit beeped. Taking advantage of his Master?s distraction, Obi-Wan darted forwards and slid under Qui-Gon?s legs. Springing up, he whirled around to strike but found his blade blocked by the older man?s ?saber, which was held vertically behind him, protecting his back. Obi-Wan?s blue-green eyes lit up. I?ve got to try that, he thought with glee. Suddenly he found himself flat on his back.

?Yield.? Qui-Gon ordered.

?Never.?

?Obi-Wan - ? Qui-Gon?s warning was interrupted by an insistent beeping. Obi-Wan twisted out of his grasp, laughing.

Qui-Gon raised an eyebrow. ?I?m going to finish this, Obi-Wan. And I?m going to do it soon.?

Obi-Wan just twirled his lightsaber and grinned. He abruptly darted forwards, rushing his Master before jumping over his head. He landed, whirled around, and locked blades with his Master once again.

?Guess what?? Qui-Gon asked easily.

?What?? Obi-Wan grunted, trying to hold his ground.

Qui-Gon leaned forward deliberately. ?Jay Nahl comes home today.?

Obi-an?s shocked eyes flew up to meet his Master?s. Qui-Gon casually kicked his Padawan?s legs out and landed him hard on his back, emerald blade hovering inches above Obi-Wan?s throat.

?Yield.? he ordered sternly.

Obi-Wan glared at the man before deflating. ?Fine.? he muttered.

?I want to hear you say it.?

?I yield.? the apprentice said with a mulish expression. Qui-Gon offered a hand and he picked himself up, wincing. ?That was dirty.? he shot out.

//You shouldn?t have let yourself get distracted// Qui-Gon?s mental voice held amusement.

?Is is true??

Qui-Gon de-activated his lightsaber and nodded absently as he checked the comm-unit.

?Jinn?

?Qui-Gon.? Mace Windu?s voice came through the system. ?The Council has requested your presence at eleventh bell.?

?Alright. We?ll be there.? he said before ending the transmission. He glanced at Obi-Wan. ?We have an hour. Go get yourself cleaned up.?

?You?re the one who needs it.? Obi-Wan stated.

Qui-Gon aimed a kick at his Padawan?s backside. ?Brat.? Obi-Wan skirted out of the way, grinning.

?You?ve always taught me to tell the truth.? he pointed out.

?You are taking it too literally.? Qui-Gon grumbled. ?Besides,? he added. ?You need one as much as I do.? The teenager looked at his sweat-soaked tunic. They had been sparring for over an hour.

?Whether I need one or not is beside the debate at hand.?

Qui-Gon sighed and pinched the bridge oh his nose. ?Obi-Wan.?

?That shower sounds fantastic.?

?You had better hope it does.?

Obi-Wan scurried towards the communal ?fresher at the other end of the Weapon?s Saale, an unseen smirk on his face.

Qui-Gon shook his head and clipped his lightsaber to his belt before following Obi-Wan. The boy had come along way in the three years since he had taken him as his Padawan. The rumors and whispers had stopped after the first year. Obi-Wan had excelled to the top of his classes. His ?saber work

2. Tevase2

Tevase2 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 12, 2011
    I like this, :D You write much more then me, scratch that you write a whole YEARS MORE then me o_O
    Now im going to have to write longer chapters. Are you going to continue this[face_praying]

3. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    Lol this is a long post even for me. I can't post unless people read so *shrugs* we'll see. I'll finish the story even if I don't post it on here. Were you wanting to be on the PM list?

4. Tevase2

Mar 12, 2011
    oh yes please[face_praying]

5. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Great start to the sequel!

6. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    Alright, I suppose two (hopefully four with Jade_eyes and Chilla) is enough for another chapter.

Chapter 2: ?Forgetting all the hurt inside you?ve learned to hide so well.? (Leave Out All The Rest, Linkin Park)

?Obi-Wan, wake up.?

No reply.

?Obi-Wan! Get up!?

Silence.

A sigh, followed by receding footsteps.

The footsteps returned a few moments later, followed closely by a splash, and a shriek.

?What in the blazes - ?? Obi-Wan bolted out of bed, trying to rid himself of the ice-cold water dripping down the small of his back. He looked around frantically and found his Master doubled over against the wall, tying to talk between fits of laughter.

?Padawan...you should have...seen you face!?

Obi-Wan scowled. ?Master.? he said through gritted teeth. ?It?s two in the morning! What do you think you?re doing??

Qui-Gon straightened up, mastering himself. ?Pack. It?s time to go.?

?You said we were leaving in the afternoon!? the teenager exclaimed.

?I changed my mind.? the man said mildly. ?Besides, you need to be ready for anything.?

?I don?t believe this.? Obi-Wan muttered, turning around to search for his discarded tunic. Qui-Gon caught a glance of the large scar on Obi-Wan?s back; an angry red ?saber scar trailing from his right shoulder to halfway down his left side. It had been inflicted by one of Obi-Wan?s previous Masters, but the young man had never told his Master which one.

He watched as his protege threw clothes and supplies lazily into his pack, tiredly folding the tunics and pants. He slung the pack around his shoulders, clipped his lightsaber to his belt, and used the Force to call his river stone - a gift from Qui-Gon on his fourteenth birthday - to his hand where he tucked it in the inside pocket of his tunic.

?Let?s go.? Obi-Wan yawned, walking out the door. Qui-Gon chuckled and called his own supplies to his hands.

?Do you have your data-pad?? Qui-Gon questioned.

?Yes.? Obi-Wan replied as they entered the hangar. An Avatar-class Interceptor was being prepped in the nearest hangar dock. A medium-sized human male was shouting something over the hum of the engines to a young, blue-skinned Twi?lek male a few years older than Obi-Wan.

The two Jedi walked up the ramp. ?We?ll take off in a few moments.? Bennett yelled. Qui-Gon nodded at the man and entered the ship followed closely by Obi-Wan. They discarded their packs in one of the small rooms and donned their robes. Bennett and the Twi?lek jogged up the ramp and palmed the doors shut.

?Hey Obi-Wan.? the Twi?lek greeted.

?Bennett get you up early?? Obi-Wan asked wryly.

?Yep.? the other said replied a yawn.

?Thought so. Me too.?

?He told me I should be ready for anything.?

?Funny. That?s what my Master told me.? The two teenagers rolled their eyes.

?Jenner!? They heard Bennett shout. ?Get up to the cockpit!?

Jenner sighed. ?Coming!? he shouted. He turned back to Obi-Wan. ?You coming up??

?Yeah, why not?? Obi-Wan said, following his friend to the cockpit. Jenner settled in the co-pilot?s seat beside Bennett.

?Strap yourselves in.? Bennett called to the Jedi. Obi-Wan watched Jenner; he had been apprenticed to Bennett as a pilot for just over a year. Because Bennett was the team?s usual long-flight mission pilot, the two young men had become good friends.

?So what?s the mission this time?? Bennett asked as Jenner took the Interceptor into hyperspace.

?Yes, my young Padawan. What is the mission??

Obi-Wan looked at him uncertainly. ?The war on Gamtiaan has halted. They wish for a mediator in their negotiations for peace.?

?And why did the war start in the first place??

Obi-Wan couldn?t hold Qui-Gon?s gaze. Blushing, he ducked his head and muttered ?All right, I didn?t study.?

?And why not??

?Because I was distracted.?

?Why??

Obi-Wan gave his Master a pained look. ?You know why.?

?Why?? Qui-Gon repeated.

Anger flashed through Obi-Wan. ?Why are you making this so difficult?? he demanded.

?Obi-Wan,? Qui-Gon warned.

The boy sighed. ?Sorry.? he muttered. ?I was...I was distracted by Nahl.?

B

7. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Another intriguing chapter.

Don't worry about the lack of comments - it's been a long holiday weekend, after all -even I was not accessible for most of it. At least you are getting comments, which is more than some of us could say - heck, my muse is so starved it's deserted me.

8. Tevase2

Mar 12, 2011
    I'm and inch away from the computer screen, im lost for words. Brilliant chapter =D= :D
    Can you add me to your PM list

9. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    I just found this and it is great. I too wonder why Obi-Wan would put himself through that pain.
    I'm glad he didn't see Nahl alone.

=D=

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= =D=

Fantastic couple of chapters, Shira. @};-

Please keep posting here, and quantity of comments is indeed gratifying ;) but faithfulness of readership is what we really go for.

;)

Big hugs!!!

11. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    Valairy_Scot: heck, my muse is so starved it's deserted me.
    :eek: don't say that! finish that story!

Tevase2: I'm and inch away from the computer screen, im lost for words. =D= :D Brilliant chapter
    Can you add me to your PM list

Ah, yes. I meant to PM you, but I forgot to PM anyone...oops. And thank you!@};-

Gkilkenny: I too wonder why Obi-Wan would put himself through that pain. I'm glad he didn't see Nahl alone.
    Ah Jay Nahl. I have big plans for him this story ;)

Jade_eyes: but faithfulness of readership is what we really go for.
    *bows* of course. But i wouldn't know the faithfulness of my readers if I didn't get posts:p

Ok. So you're all lucky that I posted a chapter this quickly. I've been reading the wonderful story "Somewhere in the Middle" by bek. *Sighs in appreciation* it's so much better than mine. I also came across the story "For the Record" by VaderLVR64. It's basically Obi-Wan's thoughts about how we portray him. It made me laugh. A lot. My favorite part?

"I do not resent my Master.

In fact, my feelings for him are quite the opposite. And no, don?t go in that direction, either! Stars above, will you people please elevate your minds! I respect and admire Qui-Gon Jinn and I am thankful to him for saving me from Agri-Corps.

Do I think he might have been a bit timelier in said rescue? Well, yes. But I defer to his judgment in this and all other matters. I strive to be the perfect Padawan in all areas and this means following the Code. Some of what you people come up with is in clear and vivid defiance of the Code. "

*sniggers* it's a great piece. Anyways, enough with my adverstising.

12. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    Chapter 3: ?When you try your best but you don?t succeed.? (Fix You, Coldplay)

?I have a bad feeling about this.? Obi-Wan murmured as they walked towards the government building. They had landed late last night and had been taken to a hostel. The city they were in, although it had remained neutral during the war (Gamtiaan was ruled by city-states), showed obvious signs of recent warfare; the city was filled with smoke and ash, with collapsed building. The few Gamtiaans who haunted the street scurried away at their approach, sunken eyes wary and fearful.

?There is much fear and grief here.? Qui-Gon agreed, but Obi-Wan refuted him.

?It?s not that, although negative emotions abound in this city.? He shook his head. ?Something about this mission doesn?t feel right.?

Qui-Gon glanced sharply at his Padawan. He held great respect for Obi-Wan?s connection to the Unifying Force, which was almost as strong as Qui-Gon?s connection to the Living Force. His insights had gotten them out of quite a few tight spots in the past. ?In what way?? he asked quietly.

Obi-Wan frowned in concentration but said ?I don?t know. Maybe if I could meditate on it, but I just can?t pinpoint it right now.?

Qui-Gon took in their surroundings without looking around. ?In that case be extra careful, but do not dwell on your feeling. Until the possible becomes actual - ?

?It is only a distraction.? Obi-Wan finished with a wry smile. ?Yes Master.?

?Greetings, Jedi!? A small nervous Gamtiaan met them at the steps of the government building. He bobbed up and down, the feelers on his head twitching nervously. ?We are honored by your presence.?

?The two Jedi bowed.? ?Where are the negotiations to take place?? Qui-Gon asked.

?Right through here.? The alien ushered them through a small door that even Obi-Wan had to duck under. The room was filled with Gamtiaans, their grey, round faces holding expressions ranging from nervous anticipation to angered irritation. Few gave the Jedi second glances as they settled around a long rounded table. No chairs were set out for the mediators, so they stood obscurely in a corner.

The negotiations began with each territory stating their allegations which, considering the number of territories present, took quite a bit of time.

//They went to war over this?// Obi-Wan exclaimed through the training Bond. //Master, these claims are so petty! The issues are easily fixed.//

//They may seem simple to us as outside witnesses, but they could be much more complex to the Gaamtians.// Qui-Gon rebuked his apprentice. //We are to act as mediators as needed, not negotiators.//

//But if I just - //

//We will offer no help or suggestions unless they ask us for it.// Qui-Gon said sternly.

Obi-Wan fell grudgingly silent. He watched each of the Gamtiaans, observing their body language. This wasn?t a species he was familiar with, and their combined gestures, antennae movement, and Basic left him confused. He soon found that the Jedi made them nervous; every so often,they would quickly glance at them, feelers twitching.

By the end of the day, Obi-Wan was relatively confident that he could translate their odd emotions, yet they left the negotiations with nothing accomplished. None of the groups had gained - or lost - anything. Obi-Wan was irritated and exhausted. Days on Gamtiaan were longer than on most planets he was familiar with and he didn?t have much patience for politics in the first place, although several of his instructors had complimented him for his natural skills in negotiation.

?That went nowhere!? he complained to Qui-Gon when they were back in their hostel. Bennett and Jenner, who had the room across from them, were lounging on the Jedi?s borrowed sleep couches.

?What did you notice other than you irritations?? Qui-Gon asked mildly.

Obi-Wan blushed, much to the two pilots? amusement.

?They seemed...almost afraid of us.? Obi-Wan noted. Qui-Gon nodded. ?Which isn?t usually odd, but they didn?t use us as go-betweens at all which is what they called us for.? He paused, looking at Qui-Gon. ?It was the Gamti

13. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Ah, who needs a muse when one can just sit back and read such wonderful goodness. You are quite correct that VaderLVR64 and Bek and so many others are top tier authors, but believe me, a lot of us put you amongst them. You seem to have a knack in balancing prose and dialogue, setting the scene without getting wordy - making our Obi-Wan (and Qui-Gon) good and noble beings without crossing into unbelievability.

In other words you set the bar high and never disappoint. And I do mean never.

14. Tevase2

Mar 12, 2011
    You never cease to amaze me=D=

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb edge of seat action Shira. =D= =D=

I can just imagine that was the hardest!!!!! thing Obi-Wan has ever done :( [face_worried] It's deuced hard to re-infiltrate a place to extract a hostage when you barely escaped a trap there before [face_thinking] The one strong point is the conspirators a) probably won't expect something that daring so soon; or b) want something, and somehow can be humored along until a "trade" can happen; I'll appear to agree with what you want, but you give me my hostage back first. :p

And Obi-Wan, given his past, (and being very much like Luke would be eventually) is definitely prone to self-recrimination.

16. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    A Trap, and poor old Qui-Gon is in the thick of it and Obi-Wan cant help him.
    Great action, great story.=D=

17. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    Valairy_Scot: but believe me, a lot of us put you amongst them...In other words you set the bar high and never disappoint. And I do mean never.
    :eek: Really? That means a great deal to me, Valairy_Scot. *bows* Thank you very much.

Tevase2: You never cease to amaze me =D=
    [face_love] Thank you. My goodness I don't think that I've ever received so many compliments!

Jade_eyes: or b) want something, and somehow can be humored along until a "trade" can happen; I'll appear to agree with what you want, but you give me my hostage back first.
    [face_devil] Ah ideas. A very keen observation. ;)

Gkilkenny: A Trap, and poor old Qui-Gon is in the thick of it and Obi-Wan cant help him.
    Oh, as well as we know Obi-Wan, we can be assured he won't just sit around.[face_whistling]

18. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    Chapter 4: ?I need someone who understands.? (Till Kingdom Comes, Coldplay)

Bennett stared down at the looming planet of Coruscant growing closer and closer.

A voice crackled over the comm system. ?This is Healer Djara. We have have a med-team standing by at docking bay 7.?

?Copy.? Bennett sighed. They wouldn?t like what they found. Jenner was fine, although he couldn?t walk without support.

But Kenobi.

The Force-tranq had started to wear off.

The boy had limited movement. But he didn?t move.

He could speak. But he hadn?t said a word.

He still couldn?t access the Force without pain. But that hadn?t stopped him from trying to contact his Master.

The boy was lost in a state of guilt and not even Jenner could snap him out of it.

He docked the ship and helped Jenner limp down the ramp. ?You?ll have to go get Kenobi.? he told the Healers. ?He won?t let me carry him down.?

Djara?s large slanted eyes narrowed as she strode up the ramp. Bennett whistled low. That woman?s fiery. he thought in approval. Maybe she?ll get Obi-Wan to wake up.

But Obi-Wan was awake.

He was busy formulating a plan. They wouldn?t keep him here for long, not while his Master was in the hands of that Sith-cursed fiend.

Because he knew who had his Master. He had recognized those cold black eyes. And how could he not? They had haunted his nightmares for over four years.

He worked the black river stone in his fist furiously. His eyes flicked up, then back down as he registered the large Djem enter the med-bay. He didn?t react when she pressed the hypo against his neck.

?This will speed up the recovery of your system. It will take a few hours. I?ll let you wait it out in your quarters if you promise to behave.?

Obi-Wan nodded absently and tucked the river stone in his pocket. He slid off the table and gingerly took a few steps, adapting with the stiffness in his joints and muscles. Djara moved to help him, but the teenager shrugged her off and walked out of the ship, blue-grey eyes blazing with determination. He headed towards his and Qui-Gon?s quarters and dumped his pack on the couch. He would unpack later. He unclipped the two lightsabers on his belt. A flash of grief passed over his face as he ran a shaking hand over his Master?s hilt. But then it was gone, replaced by cold focus.

He stalked to the kitchen, fixing himself something to eat as his mind attended to the details of his plan. He would need a ship, and a pilot. He crossed that barrier easily. Bennett and Jenner would willingly go along with most of his plan. He would need to let Jenner recuperate for a few days before heading off. The more intricate issue was the fact that he would need at least one other Jedi with him. Garen and Bant were out of the question. Besides the fact that he would never bring them along into this much danger, Garen had just left with his Master on a mission. Bant wouldn?t go without the approval of her Master, Tahl, who in turn wouldn?t grant it without the Council?s permission. And they wouldn?t let him go. Not in a millennia.

So he had decided to pull a Qui-Gon, so to speak, and go without their blessing. Obi-Wan grew uncomfortable at that thought. Normally he adhered to the rules, respecting the Council?s decisions and wishes. He had argued with Qui-Gon a few times about it and Qui-Gon teased him incessantly about it. This would be his first act of outright rebellion. And it was a huge act. He didn?t allow himself to consider the repercussions. He knew they would be severe, but if this worked, if this got Qui-Gon back...

He shook his head and brought himself back to the present. Keep your mind on the here and now, he reminded himself firmly. How many times had he been taught that? Obi-Wan finished eating and walked down hall after hall of apartments. He came to a halt in front of a door and drew a shaky breath.

I must be mental, he thought nervously. He glanced at the brass nameplate and reached a hesitant hand out to ring the door-chime. He didn?t bother shielding, and he felt the surprise of the man th

19. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh, dear...this is going to get even more painful, right?

20. Tevase2

Mar 12, 2011
    OHMIGOSH you've got me all excited now :D whats gonna happen, i can't wait to find out =D=

Don't worry you deserve all these compliments XD

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ack! That Sithspawned oaf is wreaking havoc and revenge seems like. :eek: [face_worried] !!!

I'm glad Obi-Wan has enlisted some help, and Nahl is definitely a good choice, considering ... [face_thinking]

22. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Oooh nice, a bit of hurt and comfort, but I guess the 'comfort' will be a long time coming.[face_worried]

Obi-Wan has grown he's not the same scared boy he once was.:cool:

=D=

23. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    Valairy_Scot: Oh, dear...this is going to get even more painful, right?
    *blushes* yes.

Tevase2: OHMIGOSH you've got me all excited now :D
    Good! That's what I like to hear ;)

Jade_eyes: I'm glad Obi-Wan has enlisted some help, and Nahl is definitely a good choice, considering ... [face_thinking]
    Lol I told you I was getting attached to him! :D

Gkilkenny: Obi-Wan has grown he's not the same scared boy he once was. :cool:
    We have an amazing Jedi Master to thank for that [face_love]

Ok, so I'm exteremely proud of my scene with Bruck and with Shilo as a whole. I'm growing extremely attached to that particular Vraeling.

24. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    Chapter 5: ?On his face is a map of the world.? (From Yesterday, 30 Seconds to Mars)

Obi-Wan collapsed with a moan. Nahl rushed forwards, but Obi-Wan shrugged out of his touch.

?I?m fine.? he gasped.

?No, you?re not.? Nahl retorted. ?I?m calling the Healers.?

?No!? Obi-Wan protested.

Nahl hesitated at the boy?s desperate cry. Obi-Wan?s devotion to his Master was on a level he had never seen before. He had watched in concern as the boy?s pain mounted as he tried to contact his Master. He was willing to risk torture and death to save Qui-Gon.

Nahl slowly took his hand away from the wall-comm. ?If you do it again, I will contact the Healers.?

Obi-Wan glared at the man. ?I won?t.? he said bitterly. ?He?s blocked off the Bond.? Tears threatened to escape the desperate teenager. ?He?s never done that before. Why would he do that??

Obi-Wan was talking to himself, but Nahl answered him anyways. ?It?s been two days since he was caught. I assume he?s found out by now who is responsible and what Li?ohn wants. He?s protecting you, Obi-Wan.?

The teenager didn?t seem to hear him. ?I need to find Bennett.? he muttered as he palmed open the door. He paused in the hall. ?We?ll be in touch.? he said before walking out. He impatiently brushed away stray tears. He didn?t have time for that. He needed to find Bennett, he needed to -

His train of thought came to an abrupt end as he fell into a tangled heap.

?Ow.? he groaned as he extricated his sore limbs from the being he had run into. He gratefully took the offered hand.

?Are you alright, Padawan Kenobi?? came the concerned query.

?I?m fine.? he said. ?I apologize for running into you.?

?It?s alright.? the woman replied. ?It looks like you have a lot on your mind.?

Obi-Wan scrutinized the woman. He had seen her before, but he couldn?t remember where. Her silver-grey eyes sparkled as she smiled, and he remembered.

Qui-Gon beckoned Obi-Wan in for the third time. This time, the boy fought hard to stay in his Master?s mind. *Watch,* came the thought, and Obi-Wan picked out the image of a woman in her thirties. She was small and lithe, full of subtle, wiry muscle. She had kind, silvery-grey eyes and a long braid of dark blonde hair. She was performing the Flowing Water kata with a green-bladed lightsaber, eyes half-closed in practiced contentment.(*)

Obi-Wan?s eyes widened in recognition. ?You?re Sarra K?tetra. Qui-Gon?s first Padawan.? he stated.

Sarra?s smile grew into a delighted grin. ?I didn?t think you would know who I was.? she admitted.

?Master speaks of you often.? Obi-Wan replied honestly.

?Oh stars. I can only think what he must have told you.?

?Good things.? Obi-Wan assured her.

?Tell me, how is Master Qui-Gon?? Sarra asked. She knew immediately that something was wrong. Pain flashed across grey eyes that held grief and an intense guilt before closing off in a carefully neutral mask.

?He?ll be fine.? he promised.

?He will be fine?? she asked nervously. ?Why isn?t he right now??

Obi-Wan hesitated, but he knew that Sarra had a right to know what had happened.

?He is being held hostage on Gamtiaan by an old enemy.? he said softly.

?Which one?? she asked sardonically.

?Not one of his. One of mine.? Obi-Wan corrected.

?Wait. Hostage? To be traded for you??

Obi-Wan was silent.

Sarra looked at the young man in front of her. ?Padawan Kenobi, you are much too young to have those kinds of enemies.?

Obi-Wan?s grey eyes met those of the Knights in astonishment. ?He never told you.? he whispered, sagging against the wall. Intense gratitude filled the boy. ?He never told.? He straightened suddenly. ?Knight K?tetra. I?m getting him back. I could use some help.?

?Count me in.? she replied firmly.

A slight smile played across the youth?s face. ?I need to go secure our transport. It will be a few days.?

Sarra walked away, nodding subtly at the teenager. Knowing Djara would probably sedate him if he walked around so soon, he strode impatiently to his quarters. He hesitated outside the door, hands brushing the brass nameplate.

Jinn/Kenobi.

Obi-W

25. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Great post, and Obi-Wan is getting a small group together to help him and now Qui-Gon may have a friend in the cell with him.

Well done.=D=