main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "To Know The Road Ahead" ("Don't Let Me Fall" Sequel) Obi/Qui

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Shira_Adola, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Will of the Force, huh? Well, once might think Yoda might invite himself along but I suppose the Force told him no.

And we get to meet the first apprentice...I'm looking forward to that.

Bruck - what a bully! I'm glad Yoda reminded Obi-Wan that both boys were in the wrong (but Bruck was "wronger" :p )

2. Tevase2

Tevase2 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 12, 2011
    You should be veeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy proud of this chapter XD

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Great to see allies/helpers on each side.

That'll make a happy outcome for all except the villains :p ;) more likely.

4. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    *races in*

I'm back, I'm baaack! Ah, so sorry I missed the first chapters.

Great sequel and very suspenseful! I like the team Obi-Wan has put together. I can't wait to see them all in action and hopefully see Obi-Wan trust in Nahl.

Poor Qui-Gon! But I admire his determination, self-control and loyalty. Hopefully the little one will be able to help.

=D= Keep up the great work!

5. Shira_Adola

Shira_Adola Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    Gkilkenny:
    Hey, I read some of your Master's stories ^^

Valairy_Scot: And we get to meet the first apprentice...I'm looking forward to that.
    I don't quite know what to make of her yet...

Tevase2:
    Will you hurry up and post in your own story!?!? I'm getting impatient;)

Jade_eyes: That'll make a happy outcome for all except the villains :p ;) more likely.

Chilla: I'm back, I'm baaack!
    *delighted grin* I knew you'd make it back sooner or later;)

6. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    Chapter 6: ?I feel my time, my time has come.? (?Till Kingdom Come, Coldplay)

Obi-Wan bolted upright in bed. Gasping, he sent a desperate cry through the Bond.

//Master!//

He fought back his grief as, like so many times these past few days, there was only heartbreaking silence. A single sob wracked his body before he forced himself to get up. He ran a shaky hand through his sweat-soaked hair and leaned back against the wall, glancing at the chronometer. 2:10. As he focused on regulating his breathing and releasing his fear into the Force, he become aware of the insistent beeping of the wall-comm. He launched himself to the wall of the main room.

?Kenobi.?

?It?s about time.? Bennett answered. ?Everything?s taken care of. We?re ready when you are.?

?Be ready to go in fifteen minutes.? he ordered. He quickly entered the identification code for Jay Nahl?s room.

?Nahl.?

?It?s time. Be down at the docks in fifteen minutes.? Obi-Wan hung up and dialed Sarra K?tetra?s quarters, repeating the instructions. This done, he walked quickly to his room and grabbed two packs. They had been packed for days, the product of a worried and tense mind with nothing to occupy it. He donned his cloak, shouldered the packs, and walked out the door, holding both hands out behind him to call the lightsabers to his hands before clipping them to his belt, all without breaking stride.

Bennett finished up his last minute checks. He had picked a Mon-Cal snub cruiser, a medium sized ship, chosen specially for it?s speed and...

Bennett acknowledged the thought reluctantly. And for it?s well equipped med-bay. He prayed they wouldn?t need it, but he was a realist. The pilot straightened as he saw two hooded Jedi walking his way. He strode forward to intercept them.

?What are you doing?? he asked warily.

?Peace, Starchaser.? the smaller appeased. She drew back her hood to reveal a pretty face. ?Padawan Kenobi recruited us. I?m Sarra K?tetra.?

Bennett relaxed. ?I know who you are, Knight K?tetra. Qui-Gon speaks of you often.?

?He should know better than to dwell on the past.? she grumbled.

?He?s very fond of you.? Bennett chuckled at the woman?s blush. He turned to the larger form. ?And you are??

The man pushed his head back. ?I?m - ?

?Nahl.? Bennett said in a hard voice. ?What are you doing here??

Nahl sighed. ?Waiting for Obi-Wan.?

?I don?t want you near him.? Bennett said dangerously.

?I?m afraid you don?t have a choice. Obi-Wan asked me for my help.?

?I don?t believe you.?

Sarra listened with alarm. She didn?t understand the obvious hostility the pilot was exhibiting towards the Jedi beside her, or the weary resignation in Nahl?s voice.

?Pilot Starchaser - ? she tried to intervene.

?He?s with me, Bennett.? a cultured voice interrupted quietly. The adults turned to regard the lean youth striding up to them.

Uncertainty crossed the spacer?s face. ?Obi-Wan, I don?t understand.?

?It?s simple.? Obi-Wan said neutrally. ?We have a very important thing in common.?

?And that is??

?We were both apprenticed to that son of a Sith.? Obi-Wan replied with animosity.

?Obi-Wan, hate is of the Dark side.? Nahl cautioned.

?Do not presume to think that you are still my Master.? Obi-Wan?s low voice was dangerous.

?No.? Nahl replied. ?I?m painfully aware of that fact.?

?Then I suggest you keep that in mind.?

?Padawan Kenobi, you should respect your elders.? Sarra told the boy, her confusion growing by the minute.

?No.? Obi-Wan retorted quietly. He glanced at Nahl. ?Not for him.? He walked up the ramp to the Snub Cruiser, leaving the three adults behind. Bennett rounded on Nahl. ?You had better watch yourself. If you do anything, I will shove you out the nearest airlock before you can even think about using that Force of yours.?

?I completely understand.? Nahl said complacently. He watched the fuming pilot follow Obi-Wan and sighed.

?I?m so confused.? Sarra confessed. ?Padawan Kenobi told me that he was apprenticed to Qui-Gon.?

?He is.? Nahl replied quietly. ?But he wasn?t always.? A haunted lo

7. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Fifteen minutes until THEY get there - but I bet a few more than 15 minutes until WE get an update (darn).

In many ways, our Obi-Wan is quite the man already, even at his age. Sure, he's so determined to save Qui-Gon, but he's at least using reason along with passion (so far), not to mention allies.

8. Tevase2

Mar 12, 2011
    Brilliant chapter this one, worth the wait. :D

sorry that I haven't updated lately but truth be told I've been lazy and I can't think of what to write next. but i promise i'll try and get something up before Christmas, I just need inspiration

9. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Oh nail biting stuff and only fifteen minutes until an update... Fantastic[face_whistling]

I hope Obi can control himself when he has to face the devil.

=D=

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow, they really need to hurry [face_worried]

Bennett and Nahl - lots of tension there :p

11. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    This done, he walked quickly to his room and grabbed two packs. They had been packed for days, the product of a worried and tense mind with nothing to occupy it. He donned his cloak, shouldered the packs, and walked out the door, holding both hands out behind him to call the lightsabers to his hands before clipping them to his belt, all without breaking stride.

Great description. I can see this scene in my mind. Great writing style! =D=

And for it?s well equipped med-bay. He prayed they wouldn?t need it, but he was a realist.

:( But smart.

?Nahl.? Bennett said in a hard voice.

This sounds like trouble.

?He?s with me, Bennett.? a cultured voice interrupted quietly.

Why do I always think about Thrawn when I hear "cultured voice"? :p

?Do not presume to think that you are still my Master.? Obi-Wan?s low voice was dangerous.

Uh oh. I thought they had made their peace, but wounds heal slowly.

Uhhh, he even dreamed about Nahl? That will make it a lot harder for him to be around Nahl.

There was silence as Nahl struggled for words. ?That means a great deal to me.? he finally said.

Even though he did terrible things to Obi, I can see the goodness in Nahl. I actually like him.

?No matter what happens while I?m asleep, don?t try to wake me up.?

Oh, good idea!

The Force offers a sudden warning and his blue blade ignites as he launches himself at the Sith. Confusion and wariness flashes across the face of Obi-Wan?s opponent. The young man smiles grimly. The Darkness courses through him, offering him unimaginable power to drive his need for revenge.

A vision of the future!

Nice twist on the scene in Ep I. Who knows, Obi-Wan might really have felt that way.

?I heard you cry out.? Nahl volunteered. ?And then...? he trailed off, uncomfortable.

Well, seems that Nahl listened to Obi and didn't try to wake him on his own.

?Well, hell!? Jenner stated. ?Point him out and I?ll shoot him for you!?

If you miss, I'm willing to try it, too!

Jay Nahl leaned obscurely against a wall, watching the young man.

I'm waiting for them to train together.

Obi-Wan laughed as the Twil?lek changed tactics and rushed his friend, succeeding in throwing the Jedi Padawan to the ground.

Nice to see their camaraderie.

?Ow!? Obi-Wan protested between bouts of laughter.

Nahl relished the sound, realizing that this was the first time he had heard the young man laugh. The sound was so carefree, so unburdened with the fears and worries of the present that it brought a sad smile to his face.

Obi-Wan never laughed during his apprenticeship to Nahl. :(

?Did I do that?? he whispered, regarding the long angry scar on Obi-Wan?s back. Obi-Wan didn?t say anything. He didn?t have to.

:_|
    So at last we know who it was.

The Bond had opened suddenly, briefly.

?Oh Master.? he breathed. Qui-Gon was in so much pain.

Oh no! Does that mean Qui-Gon broke?

=D= Great new chapter! I can't wait for the next chapters with the rescue mission and the showdown with Ki'ohn.

And the ball starts rolling [face_devil] [/quote]

12. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    Valairy_Scot: Fifteen minutes until THEY get there - but I bet a few more than 15 minutes until WE get an update (darn).
    Yeah...it's impossible to get a post up in fifteen minutes. Sorry. And who's "THEY"?

Tevase2:
    You posted! ^^

Gkilkenny: and only fifteen minutes until an update...
    Lol, I think maybe you misunderstood Valairy

Jade_eyes: Bennett and Nahl - lots of tension there :p
    *sniggers* Oh yes. And it just gets worse ^^

Chilla: Why do I always think about Thrawn when I hear "cultured voice"?:p
    Uh, I have no idea.

I'm waiting for them to train together.
    [face_thinking] Hm...intriguing idea...

13. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    Chapter 7: ?I?ve been to hell and back again.? (Switchfoot, Dark Horses)

Another jab and the Jedi?s large form convulsed as electricity coursed through his battered body. It took all of his waning strength to maintain his shields.

?Alright.? Li?ohn muttered. ?Let?s try this.? He walked to Qui-Gon?s back and jammed the electro-jabber into the man?s spine. Qui-Gon?s back arched as the sharp volts lanced up his spine and into his skull. The man?s shields collapsed. With horror, he scrambled to rebuild them, but not before he felt Obi-Wan?s horror. Through his pain and guilt, he Shilo?s ears twitch, but the child said nothing.

An alarm beeped. Li?ohn straightened from the shuddering Jedi, a frown on his face. He strode for the door, then paused and faced the Vraeling cowering in the corner.

?Don?t touch him.? the Kantrian warned. The boy nodded slightly and Li?ohn walked out. Immediately the child vaulted to Qui-Gon, concern etched on his face. He began inspecting the large man, touching here and there, offering up healing energies.

?Shilo!? Qui-Gon gasped. ?Stay away.?

?Hush, Ky.? Shilo said, voice hard. Qui-Gon could see tears welling up in the child?s eyes. He didn?t pause, continuing to circle the Jedi.

?Shilo, I - ? His hoarse voice paused, his body tensing. ?Go!? he whispered urgently. Shilo leaped back to the corner as Li?ohn burst through the door with a large smile on his face.

?A ship has just entered the atmosphere. And you?re little murderer is on it.?

?How would know that?? Qui-Gon asked tiredly.

?Because he?s broadcasting.? Li?ohn gloated. ?Deliberately!?

He turned to the two large Herglic who had followed him in. ?Get him down and in the speeder.?

Qui-Gon felt his arms unclasped from the chains and promptly collapsed. He was roughly hauled up as his arms were wrenched behind him and cuffed. He was half-marched, half-dragged out the building and thrown in the back of a speeder. He couldn?t help the tremors that consumed him as the chilly air wrapped around his fevered skin.

?You and Jenner need to stay on the ship. Keep it prepped and ready to go immediately. As soon as you see Knights K?tetra and Nahl, you shut the door and get out of here. Fly straight back to Coruscant.?

?Wait a minute. Where are *you* going to be?? Bennett asked the young man suspiciously.?

Obi-Wan didn?t answer.

?Oh, hell no, Kenobi. You aren?t staying.?

?There?s no other choice, Bennett!? Obi-Wan argued. ?Don?t you understand? This is the only way that he?ll let Qui-Gon go! And if he does that, there?s a better chance of rescuing me.?

Bennett?s face hardened. ?He?ll never forgive me if I let you go.?

?Well, neither of you have a choice.? Obi-Wan responded stubbornly. ?Here.? He unclipped Qui-Gon?s lightsaber and handed it to the pilot. ?Give this back to him. He?s going to need it. Don?t tell Jenner about this. He?ll never let it go.?

Bennett shook his head. ?You don?t honestly think that I?m just going to let you go, do you??

?Like I said.? Obi-Wan said softly. ?You don?t have a choice.?

The pilot scoffed. ?And why is that??

Obi-Wan looked at the man with pity. ?You told me on our way back from Gamtiaan that even Padawans have a higher rank than pilots. This is a direct order.?

Bennett?s face showed his defeat. ?Be safe kid. I swear on my life that I?ll get you back.?

They came to a halt in an alley a few minutes away. Li?ohn grabbed Qui-Gon and forced him to kneel in the street, holding a vibro-shiv to his throat. The company of four watched with growing tension as the forms of three robed figures, a slighter one in front flanked by two larger beings, walked purposefully into the alley. The smaller of the three drew back his hood to reveal russet hair and determined blue-grey eyes.

?I know what you want, and I?m willing to exchange.? his quiet voice said firmly, forcing himself to keep his eyes away from his Master, who was staring at him incredulously.

?Obi-Wan - ? he tried to call out, but Li?ohn pressed the knife harder int

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi there! I bet that was the hardest! thing Bennett has ever done - and he'll feel wretched later. I knew I should have stayed no matter what you said!

And I also don't care if there isn't a Darth [/i] in front :p o_O Li'ohn's a pure Sith and that is a fact or as near to make no difference at all!

I love Obi-Wan's I'll do whatever I have to to resolve this attitude even if I hae to break all the written regs and those that are just implied.

Whew! This fic is a nail biter, Shira!

@};-

15. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    You've got to give it to Obi-Wan, he's too darn noble (or some may say, "attached"). Qui-Gon nearly matches him.

Let's hope Obi-Wan has the smarts necessary to save himself, not just the determination.

16. Tevase2

Mar 12, 2011
    I'm on the verge of hugging someone:D i get like that when im excited, you know this story just keeps getting better [face_dancing]

17. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, I knew it would be more than fifteen minuteso_O but I couldn't resist. Obi-Wan is heading for trouble and Qui-Gon cant help him.

I think there is lots of angst coming and I will be away for ten days, so if you update, I'm sorry I wont have the internet where I am going. I will check your story out when I get back. Happy Christmas.[face_dancing]

18. Angelnumber25

Angelnumber25 Jedi Knight star 1

May 31, 2009
    I've been a lurker for so long, but I needed to tell you I love this, and you need to update soon! :)

19. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    Jade_eyes: Li'ohn's a pure Sith and that is a fact or as near to make no difference at all!
    [face_laugh] Are you sure he isn't just grief-stricken?

Valairy_Scot: You've got to give it to Obi-Wan, he's too darn noble (or some may say, "attached"). Qui-Gon nearly matches him.
    That's why we love them[face_love]

Tevase2: I'm on the verge of hugging someone:D
    [:D] There you go!

Gkilkenny: I will be away for ten days, so if you update, I'm sorry I wont have the internet where I am going.
    No worries. Have a happy Christmas. @};-

Angelnumber25: I've been a lurker for so long, but I needed to tell you I love this, and you need to update soon! :)
    Lol I know all about lurking. Thank you very much! @};- Would you like PM's?

20. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    Chapter 8: ?When you?ve lost something you can?t replace? (Coldplay, Fix You)

Qui-Gon slowly came to, blinking his eyes blearily against the harsh lights above him. He raised a hand to shield his eyes and a warm voice reached his ears.

?How are you feeling??

?Where am I?? the man asked, wincing at hoarseness of his voice.

?The Healer?s Bay in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.? Qui-Gon squinted at a tall Djem standing by his bed. ?You?re memory is fried.? she continued. ?He did something to your brain and spine. I don?t know how extensive the damage is, so just rest easy. Now that you?re awake, I can run some tests. What?s the last thing you remember??

Qui-Gon thought, pushing away the pounding headache. Images and short scenes played in his head.

?Li?ohn.? he muttered. ?I - ? Pain lanced through his head.

?Don?t fight it.? Djara advised. ?Let it come as it will.?

?I can?t.? argued Qui-Gon. ?There?s something I have to do, but I can?t - ?

Djara pushed him back down and helped him turn on his side.

?Just relax.? Djara advised. ?I have to withdraw some spinal fluid for testing, and it?s not going to be pleasant.?

Qui-Gon felt his med-tunic pull up slightly, then his spine screamed in protest, causing the muscles in his back to tense up. He hissed slowly through gritted teeth. Calming Force waves flowed from Djara to Qui-Gon, allowing his body to relax so that the Healer could finish. She withdrew the needle (a rather large one by the feel of it), and proceeded to take a few blood samples.

?I haven?t been up for ten minutes, and you have already stuck me four times with those Sith-blasted needles.?

?You should watch your language before Obi-Wan picks up on that kind of profanity.? Djara said carefully.

?Obi-Wan doesn?t need my help. He gets his spectacular vocabulary from Bennett Starchaser and Padawan Muln.? Qui-Gon scanned the room with a bemused expression. ?Where is Obi-Wan? If you have gotten him to go back to our quarters, or even leave this room, then I commend your ability to - ?

Qui-Gon caught Djara?s look: a mixture of wariness, apprehension, and pity. He began to grow nervous.

?Djara, what - ??

Them Djem shook her head. ?Don?t fight it.? she said softly.

?What?s happened to Obi-Wan?? Qui-Gon demanded.

?Master Jinn...?

?Your memory is fried...What?s the last thing you remember??

?Li?ohn. I - ?

//Master, please forgive me.//

?No.? Qui-Gon breathed. ?Oh, my Obi-Wan. What have I done? What have you done??

?Master Jinn??

Qui-Gon swung his legs out of bed, attempting to stand up. Large, strong prevented him from collapsing to the floor. Unfortunately those same hands forced him into bed again.

?What do you think you?re doing?? Djara demanded.

?Finding my Padawan.? Qui-Gon retorted. ?How long have I been here??

?Well here, specifically, about a day and a half, but you?ve been unconscious for three to four days.? Her large eyes squinted in sympathy. ?I?m sorry Qui-Gon. But I an?t let you go yet. You are still very weak, and I need to complete the tests.?

?You don?t understand - ?

?I do. Trust me I do. I?ve treated enough torture victims to know what young Kenobi will be up against. Considering that it?s Li?ohn who has him, it will be even worse. The Council has already sent out several teams to search for him.? Qui-Gon didn?t look appeased. ?Would you even know where to look??

?Not Gamtiaan.? Qui-Gon muttered.

?How do you know??

?Obi-Wan told me before...? Qui-Gon?s face held such pain and grief that Djara could have cried. ?I can?t feel him, Djara.? his strained voice admitted. ?I?ve searched the Force for him, but I can?t find him.?

?I imagine that Li?ohn is using a Force inhibiter.?

Qui-Gon shook his head. ?Not even he would do that.? he sounded unconvincing, even to himself. ?It?s sacrilege for a Jedi to Force-blind another Force user.?

Djara didn?t say anything. Considering that Li?ohn had been thrown out of the Order and the fact that he thought Kenobi was a murderer, she didn?t hold out much hope for the Padawan?s survival, or Li?ohn?s view of ethical tre

21. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Yikes. More later, though - I've got to run.

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb update! Shilo's a great comfort to Obi-Wan too, and interesting inhibiting gadget you've introduced us too- quite different and apart from the common ysalamiri LOL

=D=

23. Angelnumber25

Angelnumber25 Jedi Knight star 1

May 31, 2009
    Awesome. Yes, please add me to the PM list! And I expect a daily update :p

24. Tevase2

Mar 12, 2011
    Merry Christmas, great chapter this one is, thanks for the hug [:D]

25. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Great updates! =D=

Poor Obi and poor Qui-Gon! I hope Li'ohn won't be able to undo all of Qui-Gon's work. I hope Obi won't be broken. But it seems that it will take at least several days until Qui-Gon can begin searching for Obi. And Shilo can't heal Obi....That looks bad. :(

Mace Windu, eager to enter the Med Bay...oh yeah, please help them and kick Li'ohn's butt!

I can't wait for the next update! =D=