main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TO LFL - Stop abusing Han and Leia's Romance!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CMinor, Jan 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elektra

Elektra Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 18, 2001
    ::scratches head::

Hmmm, I think I vaguely remember some pre-ESB fic about them getting shut in together in an ice cave.... :D

Can't put my finger on who wrote it though... :p

EDIT: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix -- out on June 21st! Oh happy day! :) :) :)

2. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    LOL Leela, I seem to recall reading a fic called "Ice". A very good fic IIRC. ;)

3. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Yup, I seem to remember such a fic as well... [face_devil] :D

4. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    Darth Poodle, aka Chris Cerasi, made a very encouraging comment about TG in the H/L Anonymous thread at TOS. A comment was made by a poster concerning the 'schematics' line and how they hoped the rest of the book was as good. Chris replied that not only is the rest of the book as good, but better. I'm still looking forward to TG with guarded optimism, but if it's as good as we've been hearing, this just may be the book we've all been waiting for forever. :)

5. darkladyhannasolo

darkladyhannasolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2002
    I hope you are right SoloGal. I don't think I can take any more disappointment.

6. eeyore

eeyore Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2001
    I'm remaining optimistic with restraint..I have to remember, the editors always tell us that we will love something, even when that something has been disappointing (Balance Point, anyone?)

Everyone try out this quiz :):

Han and Leia Quiz

I got 24/25.

7. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    17. Above average, but not good. I blame Leia :)

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    You scored: 23 / 25

:cool:

9. SkywalkerChild

SkywalkerChild Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2002
    21/25...not too bad.

Skywalker Child

10. boushh2187

boushh2187 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    24/25 and the one I got wrong was the questionable one where she commented about what Han said vs what was in the script. ;)

11. Princess_Liar

Princess_Liar Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2001
    17 / 25. I think I can live with that.

12. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    I got 25/25.

:D

(But of course, what does that really say about me...?)

:p

13. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    I scored a 23/25. I can't even remember now which ones I missed. I'm sure I would have done better if I was paying more attention. ;)

14. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    24/25. I missed question #14, re: what Han says in the Falcon cockpit after Leia says that being held by him isn't quite enough to get her excited.

I always thought he said "I haven't got time for anything else," but according to the person who composed the quiz, in the script it's "We," not "I."

Ah well. It was fun to take the quiz. :)

And it says Lucas did toy with the idea of ending ROTJ with their wedding. I just wish he had.

15. Et Cetera...

Et Cetera... Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2000
    23/25 for me. :D

16. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

24/25

Currently in a state of shock.

Must lock myself in room and rewatch entire trilogy again...

:D

17. darkladyhannasolo

Jun 25, 2002
    I got a 20/25. Here I thought for sure I would score a 100%. I must watch all the trilogy again. :)

18. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    *Giggles* I took that quiz a few days ago... The author of the quiz e-mailed me and told me I was the first person to get 25/25! :D Made me wonder if that was a good or bad thing, LOL.

Leela: I love your fic "Ice." I swear I've read it ten times, hehe :D

I had a Han/Leia DREAM last night. I think it was because I've been reading lately about the new comic and reading a lot of fanfic, too. Anyway, in my dream, I had come downstairs while my mom was flipping through the channels. She flipped to the DISNEY channel, and there's Han and Leia (played by Harrison and Carrie; it was like something they had filmed back in 1980 and hid away for years or something *shakes head at the bizarreness of her dreams*), running around on Hoth. Turns out it was a mini-series about the times before ESB called "Breakage." I remember being really excited, so I went upstairs and watched it. The plot was about a bunch of Rebels who had gone surveying Hoth or something, and the group got stuck in an ice cave. Han and Leia were assigned to go rescue them, but ended up needing rescuing themselves when the cave collapsed even further. It was the whole mini-series thing, and I don't remember all that much about it, except I do remember Han and Leia fighting, lol. Oh, and Baskin Robbins did a special ice cream promotion to go along with the mini-series, like they do a lot of times for movies. They sold this new kind of ice cream that was really chocolatey and stuff... My dad bought the ice cream for me because he knew I liked Star Wars, and the ice cream came in a plastic Star Wars cup, LOL!

I think that means I've seen Star Wars WAY too many times, don't you? lol...

19. Obi_Wans_love_child

Obi_Wans_love_child Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2001
    Hey if we see a mistake on the quiz how do we go about letting em know?

OWLC

20. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    Shelley, that's one of the questions I missed. I thought Han said 'I' too rather then 'we'.

My self imposed punishment for not obtaining a perfect score is watching the whole trilogy again. I just don't know how I can stand to sit through it another time. ;)

21. darkladyhannasolo

Jun 25, 2002
    Puggy I have had that same dream too. So many times that it makes me think that possible there was a tv special that got lost so where. LOL I'm not kidding I had a similar dream. I think it a sign of reading too many Han/Leia stories before bedtime. :)

22. Elektra

Elektra Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 18, 2001
    I got 23/25. But in my defence, one of the questions I missed was the age difference of Harrison and Carrie. :D

And the difference between anybody and anyone isn't that big. Will obviously have to go and watch all the movies again. ;)

23. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Great quiz! The anyone vs. anybody question caught me off-guard and I didn't get a perfect score.

24. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    I don't understand what this scoring is about. Some sort of quiz?

25. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    I thought I'd do another post and be 8500!

Ahhh . . . chilled to perfection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.