main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

To lit forum,Why you all dising the chiss!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by chissdude10, Sep 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I keep hearing there really not tyhat powerful, and there just blue skined freaks. Hello could some stupid blue-skinned freaks deafet the massive army of the Ssi-ruuk? Dont think so!
    And dont ya think the title Vission of the Future may refere to the chiss having a big future in the GFFA.

I just want to know why all you peps keep disen them! And i know its not all of you, and that i thank.

2. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
    Well, your a loyal Chiss fan, I'll give you that, but I really can't be bothered to answer your question, sorry. [face_plain]

3. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Some of us call them bigoted racists because the EU explains them to be that, see gamer #5, and other sources. If you like siding with Nazi like people, be my guest. But we won't see much in your choice of favorites and posts, ;).

4. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    i have gamer 5 and i know that but its not like they ment todo that, we dont know there motives!

5. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Yes we know there motives, they despise all that isn't chiss, they think they are better than all others, they kill those non-chiss under them with no question asked, were as if it was one of there kind it would be just a simple quiet repromand.

They are just like Hitler and nazi's, and their Racist Bigotism. Anyone who thinks they are so big and hot, are following the same kind of people that supported the Nazis.

I surely hope your not that kind of person, ;).

6. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    ah crap now i got to change my username.

7. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    im not like that, but now youve got me all uset about them! But remember they have many secrets, and even you may desifer them wrong.

8. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Well, even the nazis had many secrets, and were good at taking over many parts of the world, and elliminating armies. Does that make them any better? Hell No. Just because someone's good at fighting doesn't make there negative culture traits good. Human Beings of any culture should not be like the Nazis or the Chiss, no matter what species of human being they might be. Certain traits such as racism, bigotry and genocide, make the human races and species that do that sort of stuff, Evil Monsters, with no compassion, lack of emotion, and hatred of there fellow man. It's extremly demonic for humans to become that way.

You don't have to change your username, just be a little more conservative in the future when discussing the chiss people and understand there culture, and strive to change them to be better people, ;).

9. Dev Sibwarra

Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 1999
    The Chiss were interesting at first because we knew so little about them, but without some fresh information, we get bored. Besides, Valiento is right. The Chiss are fascists. Their ideology is understandable, but most people in modern nations will disagree with it.

10. GUARDSMAN

GUARDSMAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2001
    Well the humans in the galaxy are suppose to be the superiror beings right? Well the Chiss are superiror to humans. They live longer, have greater physical strength, can see better in the dark, have greater minds, and don't let emotions get in the way of what must be done.

Another thing, the Chiss do not shoot first and ask questions later, your probably thinking of those that joined Thrawn and Parck, If you payed attention to the magazine you would realize that premptive strikes are not something they take lightly.
    They don't start fights they just finish them, with extreme prejuduce.

11. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Thinking oneself superior, and lack of human emotions when dealing with others, is the epitomy of Rascist Fascists. Tolerance is the key, and considering each other equals, no matter what genetic makes ups others might have, is better way to go.

No one is superior to others, just different beings have different physical makeups. By your logic, then some aliens like the Wookies would be superior to chiss, since they live longer, and are better at hand to hand combat. Or the bith with there greater and more brilliant minds, etc etc. but it just doesn't work that way. To think something is superior to another is start of nazish ideals.

12. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Chiss are weak god things that arn't gods. I don't like that.

13. GUARDSMAN

Aug 16, 2001
    Overall the Chiss are better, Wookies with there temper and all would be blinded by there anger and be outsmarted by the chiss, as far as the Bith goes, well I have no info on them so I can't say anything on that. All I can say is that we truly don't know how smart the chiss are or how strong they are. You guys are just jumping to conclusions, for all we know the chiss could be smarter than the Bith and stronger than the Wookies, but like I said before we just don't know that. Just because the Chiss doesn't like those more primitive than them doesn't make them bad and don't even compare them to the nazis, those crazy fools wanted to wipe out people cuz they were a little different. Basically what I'm trying to say is that they don't kill others unless provoked, they actually think before they do something, and all they really want is to just be left alone.

14. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Bigotry and racism, no matter how it manifests itself, is one of the worst character flaws. There is not excuse be rascist and bigoted in any circumstances. Some of them are like nazis thrawn for one. Others are more like how Whites treated the blacks during segregation.

To deny this makes one no better than racist, or bigoted pigs. It's the epitome of negative trates.

Lack of emotions is the epitome of being unhealthy. Studies show, that ones who show know emotions, do not produce enough of the hormones needed to have healthy productive lives.

Thrawn messed up, even palpatine out thought him, and set up his downfall, see DE sourcebook.

Chiss are no better than any other race. To think they are is deluding yourself, in racism and bigotism. As well homo sapiens, couldn't be fought through art, since homo sapiens don't have unique art to themselves. They have varieties of art, and variety of strategies, and the ability to adapt to new ideas. To think chiss are more than stodgily non-creative society that has run out of immigination, that they are(and who think they are so superior, when they aren't), is the epitomy of Ignorance.

Infact humans that think that chiss are there gods, have braincells missing. The chiss have character flaws, and like the humans they are, they make mistakes. If you want to worship a Rascist human species be my guest, but it seems a bit silly.

15. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    I like 'em. But I don't have Gamer 5. Anyone want to email me scanned pages so I can join this argument.
    Like it or not, the Chiss will play a major role in the NJO. It's been set up since VOTF.

16. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    If they have play a role I have no problem with that, but until they give up there rascism, and bigotedness, and start treating there peers as equals, with own voices and ideals to put to the greater good of the whole society, they will be majorly flawed characters.

As well, remember chiss are not completly emotionless. They exibit base emotions, Aversion, Discust, Xenophobia, hatred, dislike, calculated anger. Bigotism and racism actually are types of emotion. Seems like they elliminated the good emotions and kept only the bad ones.

flawed is good, though it shows that they aren't the people they believe themselves to be, and that they are not gods that people think they are.

It's the flaws that make them interesting characters, but certainely not gods.

17. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    Okay, adding my thoughts to the racism issue.

Now I don't have any of the Gamers, so I'm way out of touch and just going off the information provided in this forum. I'm going to believe what everyone is saying and believe that the Chiss have been shown to be everything the Empire used to be. Racist xenophobes (If that's not redundant).

What I want to know is, what makes them any different from any other race in the GFFA for the most part? At every turn I read about Borsk Fey'lya, and the rest of the members of the Senate exude this horrible anti-human prejudice. Lord knows the humans of the GFFA rise above themselves quite often as well. From what I can tell, everyone there has a bit of an acceptance problem. So the Chiss are adopting the "When in Rome" policy apparently. Just following the rest of the galaxies example.

JMA

18. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Yes, but at least the other aliens and characters, useally, have Good emotions that counteract the bad emotions that he have.

Chiss by elliminating there good emotions left only there bad, and do not have the correct balance.

these flaws make the chiss a very contradicting race, and very interesting, but not gods.

19. GUARDSMAN

Aug 16, 2001
    First of all I don't think there Gods, I think they are fictional charachters. I have no idea what is going on in that mind of yours to compare fiction with real life, but thats not my problem.

Now then back to the arguement. Lets see Chiss are constantly harrassed by other species, they don't like them, have gone out of there way to avoid them, and wouldn't wipe out the entire race of the enemy because of there philosophies. Most of the galaxy would probably think them weak because they simply don't do premptive strikes. What I would like you to do is clear out all your anger about the real world and have an actual discussion. Now you are saying the are Racisit, well guess what, so is every other species out there.
    Think about man, do you honestly believe that the majority of those being attacked by the Vong don't hate the Vong. Yea they started it, but that doesn't mean we cant treat them like equals. At least according to your way of thinking. Now imagine it from the point of view of the chiss, they have been constantly attacked, but heck since It's not Luke and the gang the rules change for them. As far as I'm concerned there really isn't anymore we can say to each other, well we can say it but then we will likely be banned, so cya around.

20. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    You said, above, "Well the Chiss are superiror to humans."

Your making them out to be better than they are, when they have character flaws. You are going beyond the fiction.

As for sources saying chiss are constantly harrased by other species, that's not in the literature anywhere. It says they just attack those races that are agressive, or who they think might pose a threat. The ssruuk were destroyed by the chiss for no apparent reason given. to think otherwise is to be speculating info that's not there. The xenophobia and negative emotions, and lack of positive emotions comes from written words. So you are trying to make the chiss out to be something more than they are. What they are is just a extremly interesting culture, with flaws like any ohter culture.

21. peregrine

peregrine Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Excuse me for the interruption, but I have to say this: If the Chiss are complete rascists and are bigoted and cannot tolerate anyone elses presence, how can they still work with humans like Parck, Soontir Fel and Jagged Fel even years after Thrawn died? There are probably many more humans with the Chiss in the UR, maybe even some other species.

Now I'm not a big Chiss fan, all I'm saying is that both those who think they are bigoted militaristic tyrants and those who believe they are the saviors of the galaxy are jumping into conclusions without sufficiant evidence. We really know very, very little about them yet.

22. GA_Pellaeon

GA_Pellaeon Jedi Master star 1

Sep 6, 2001
    Can i just say that many people here are Generalising, and labeling the entire Chiss race as Bigots and Racists. We have ONE Chiss character to draw conclusions from, and that is Thrawn. Personally, i give little credence to those magazines like Gamer 5, and would not rely on them for a species analysis, especially given i don't know how much information their creator (Zahn) gave them. I'll let it be known that I quite like the Chiss concept (and that's all it is, a concept, don't start making comparisons with real life). I thought Thrawn was a marvelous character. The fact remains though (as other have already said) that we know nothing about the SPECIES. For all we know, Thrawn could have been an enigma, the einstein of the Chiss if you like. In fact, this is the likely option, as in VotF the chiss present were under Parcks command, and failed to out think the escaping Jedi (Thrawn would have had them in seconds flat). This proves that no species is uniform, and it would be unfair to judge them so.
    If you insist on using Thrawn as your indicator of the Chiss, note this: Never did Thrawn offer ANY biggotry or racist comments about a species. He knew he was tactically superior, yes, but i can recall several times when his comments to Pellaeon were filled with admiration or respect for the species art, mind, and manner. Would a racist bigot really sit in a dim lit room filled with the art of a species he hated? I think not. Racists and Bigots are usually repulsed by anything to do with the objects of their hate, due to their own insecurities. This same point wouldn't have enabled him to be able to stand staying in a room with a hated species.
    As for wiping out species, that's what War does. If an enemy stands in your way, you wipe them out, especially if you know they would be a threat by their continued existence. It isn't bred out of racism. Again, if you insist on using Thrawn as the standard, he was a tactician. He didn't eliminate the population of Ukio, or any other world he annexed. Why? Because it wasn't necessary. Evidence is in his attitude towards his own men. He dosn't waste men and troops. He's an opportunist, as every good tactician should be.
    If you think i'm rambling on about Thrawn, i am, and it's because i believe he is the only example of the Chiss we have any right to work with. I must also restate that i think it is unfair to say the entire species is like Thrawn. I agree that it may be a species trait that they are calm, cool and emotionless. And that's different, and what makes them interesting.
    On the issue of emotion, many of you have said that they have none. Well ladies and gentlemen, that proves they can't be bigots and racists, as those qualities are born out of one of the strongest emotions of all: Fear.

Think about it.

23. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Zahn is not the owner of chiss, LFL is. Star Wars Gamer 5 is one of LFL's authorized products to expand the EU. It is an official part of continuity, and therefore valid analysys of the chiss from the chiss homeworld of csilla's way. LFL who owns the characters, is the only one who has the right to say who or what chiss are. Zahn just had the right to play in the universe for a time, not own it. As of much, all new sources will reflect LFL's expanded universe knowledge, since the editors will be using it and all other EU sources as refrence materiall to make sure authors get it right. Especially saying for the fact that Star Wars Continuity Editor is behind everything put in the sw gamer magazine. As for the chiss, lack of emotions is an understatement, they shown no positive emotions, but have shown plethora of negative emotions(that can even be seen in zahn's books if one looks close enough), the information from the Official Source of gamer 5, just confirms it even further.

Any one who tries to deny that validity of an official sanctioned EU product, completely covered by official lfl continuity editors, is just deluding themselves from the inevitable.

24. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    They're mysterious, therefore people like them. I think they're overrated, considering how little we actually know about them.

It's like the moon. Nobody knew what it was like, and it was an amazing and scary accomplishment to put humans there. A few years later and no one really gives a flying monkey.

If the Chiss become main characters, one of two things will happen: Either the fans who've hyped them up so much will be dreadfully dissapointed when they aren't all they're cracked up to be, or else the authors, in an attempt to placate the fans, will make them too perfect and they'll end up being a stupid addition to the common galactic repertoire of aliens anywya.

They live longer, have greater physical strength, can see better in the dark, have greater minds, and don't let emotions get in the way of what must be done.

Yeah, like Superman except that he cares. Can you imagine if we didn't let emotions get in the way of what must be done? "Well, the terrorists are probably either Palestinian or Afghani, so we'll just nuke both places and be done with it."

25. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Ok I just want to say I have heard your arguments, but we cant make they assumsion their racist because we dont know much about them.
    They are not an enemy driven by rage but mearly by order. I think Gamer 5 was wrong to give out that info because in my world Zahn owns the chiss and will do what he likes with em.
    We still do not know about these other barbaric species in the UR so how can we all judge one by the way they act to outsiders.
    Think about it, they are very private, would you like to share all your secrets with the galaxy.
    Keep in mind they are a powerful people(thus shown by deafeting the Ssi-ruuk) and could be a vital allie or an unstopable enemy.
    I think the main reason people like them isent because their mysteriouse, its because weve never seen a people who could change the galaxy eaither way they chose. Their a different kind of enemy, not bloodthirsty, not power hungry, but more of an enemy that feels they can save the galaxy.
    Just remember either way they will be in the NJO and have many secrets new and old.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.