main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends To Live in Fear JA Obi/Qui Author's note 9/27!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedimommie2, May 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimommie2

jedimommie2 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2004
    Kynstar: Thanks! Glad you are along for the ride on this story as well! I really appreciate it.

AnariaZar_Rel: Thanks! I'm working on the next post.

BadPad Thanks for reading. Hopefully all your questions will be answered. :D

PadawanKitara: Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Opal: Maybe he has, maybe he hasn't. ;) Thanks for reading! By the way, when are we going to see more on your story?

Jedi_Knight150: [face_laugh] I think I have to agree with you! Thanks for reading!

Working on the next post! Thanks for taking time to read--I really appreciate it!

2. TraxxasJedi

TraxxasJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2004
    Great start to a great story me thinks.

3. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    I think Qui-Gon knows very well what he did to Obi-Wan. :(
    I wonder too what this data pads are about...[face_thinking]
    Great start!

4. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    Interesting! :) Something's definitely wrong with Qui-Gon - but what? [face_thinking]

~Bek

5. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    TraxxasJedi: Thank you! I appreciate you reading.

jeday: Thanks! Glad you are enjoying it.

Bekah_K: Thanks for reading. However your question won't be answered this post! ;)

Here is the next post. Thank you all for reading and I hope that you are enjoying it.

Through the haze that enveloped his mind, he heard his name being called as he was pulled back to the present. Obi-Wan opened his eyes to find his master hovering over him. ?Obi-Wan? Obi-Wan, are you awake??

?Yes Master,? he answered as rubbed his bleary eyes.

?Is your wrist better?? Qui-Gon asked his sleepy apprentice.

Obi-Wan flexed it back and forth, making small circles to see how it felt. He smiled as he realized the pain was almost nonexistent. ?It?s much better now, thank you Master.?

?You?re welcome Padawan. However, once we arrive at the temple, you are to let a healer examine it.?

?But Master, it feels a lot better. Do I really have to see a healer?? Obi-Wan despised going to the healer?s wing, almost as much as he despised having to see a healer.

?Yes, you do.? Qui-Gon extended his hand to help Obi-Wan to his feet. ?We need to get ready; we?ll be landing at the temple in approximately half an hour.?

Obi-Wan made sure that all his belongings were gathered up as Qui-Gon did the same. Obi-Wan watched his master as he closed his bag and placed it on his shoulders. ?Master, would you like me to carry that for you??

?No?I can manage very well. Thank you anyway, Padawan.? Qui-Gon then sat down in his seat and fastened his safety belt. Obi-Wan followed suit but his eyes did not dare venture from the bag Qui-Gon held. Obi-Wan was convinced that the change in his master?s behavior had to do with something on the data pads in Qui-Gon?s bag. True, he had acted fairly normal this morning but that did not ease the feeling of dread inside Obi-Wan.

Obi-Wan turned his attention away from his master and watched the distant skyline of Coruscant as they made their descent, heading towards the Jedi Temple. As the temple grew closer, Obi-Wan became more excited. The temple was one of the most beautiful sights Obi-Wan had ever seen with its majestic towers triumphing over the city. Its hallowed halls overflowed with the wisdom and knowledge of Jedi past and present. The Force was ever present as it wrapped its arms around those who called upon it for guidance.

Obi-Wan was so happy to be able to return home for a period of rejuvenation. He wanted to see his friends once again. He hoped that Bant, Garen, and Reeft were at the temple and not away on a mission. He had so much he wanted to tell them about the missions that he had been on and he wanted to hear about what they had been doing as well. Obi-Wan was also looking forward to seeing Master Yoda. He and the ancient master had developed a special relationship throughout the years. Obi-Wan had always been able to talk to Yoda about anything and Yoda always provided him with wise counsel. Of course, what Obi-Wan wanted to do most is to find out why his master was acting so unusual?perhaps Master Yoda could offer him some insight.

The freighter came to rest on the landing platform at the temple. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan unfastened their safety belts, thanked their captain for a safe voyage, and departed down the lowered ramp. Qui-Gon kept his bag close to his large frame at all times as if he were afraid that someone would snatch it from him. ?Master, would you like me to take our things to our quarters??

?No thank you, padawan. I will go and report to the council and you have an appointment with the healers,? Qui-Gon instructed him as they waited for the lift. ?I will meet you in our quarters afterwards.?

?Yes Master,? Obi-Wan simply replied. The lift doors opened and Qui-Gon pressed the buttons for the levels that they would both need. The level that Obi-Wan required was the first stop. He exited and began to make his way down to the healer?s wing. Turning back to glance at his master, he could hav

6. Bekah_K

Sep 3, 2002
    :eek:

Is Qui going to betray the Jedi? And Obi-Wan? I know, I have to read to find out. :p

~Bek

7. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh no! Plotting against Obi! Not fair! ;) Great postie!! Ummm ponder on how he's gonna react when Obi tells him he's due for a physical! hehe

Great job! :D

8. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    :eek: Oh Qui-Gon, you mean, mean master! :D

9. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    Is this a dark Qui-Gon fic? Ooh, I hope so. I haven't read a dark Qui fic in quite a while. :D

10. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    Okay, now Qui's getting on my nerves. Maybe he just needs a good old-fashioned whack on the head, preferably with a large, heavy, blunt object.

Great post!

11. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    I'm thinking along the lines of Obi's thoughts. Something with that/those datapad(s). Some 'incantation' or something causing him to 'slip' into the darker side of himself. Or possessing him. Ummm ahhhh the speculations! hehehe

12. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    this is mind boggling- I love it!

13. AnariaZar-Rel

AnariaZar-Rel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2004
    Qui-Gon definately knows he broke Obi's wrist. Secretly turning on his apprentice.... hmmm. Wonder how he will react when Obi-Wan tells him about the physical? This is great, can't wait for more! :)

14. Cookietribble

Cookietribble Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2004
    Great Story!!! Love it![face_love]

But...QUI???!! WHAT are you doing?? *grumble*:mad:
    Poor Obi!!!:_|

Can`t wait for the next post!! ;)

15. jinny_badpad

jinny_badpad Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2004
    Uh-Oh!!!

Mesa don't like this... [face_worried]
    Dark Qui??!!! :eek:

No, it has to be that "possessed" thing.. *muttering to herself*

Just hope that he can't fool the council, I mean they can't be that blind, can they?! But perhaps Jedi_Knight150's whack on the head might work... I mean, it would be worth a try... ;)

Nice chap jedimommie, hope there will be more soon

smiles
    badpad

16. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    Bekah_K: Is Qui going to betray the Jedi? And Obi-Wan? I know, I have to read to find out.

You got it! ;)

Kynstar: Ummm ponder on how he's gonna react when Obi tells him he's due for a physical!

You'll find out the next post. :D Thanks for reading!

jeday: Oh Qui-Gon, you mean, mean master!

You have no idea. [face_mischief]

Opal: Is this a dark Qui-Gon fic?

You could say that. I hope that you enjoy it!

Jedi_Knight150: Maybe he just needs a good old-fashioned whack on the head, preferably with a large, heavy, blunt object. [face_laugh]

I'm not sure that would work. Thanks for reading!

PadawanKitara: Thank you! I'm glad you are enjoying it!

AnariaZar-Rel: Thank you so much. You'll be able to see Qui-Gon's reaction in the next post.

Cookietribble: Thanks! The next post is in the works!

badpad: Just hope that he can't fool the council, I mean they can't be that blind, can they?!

Makes you wonder, doesn't it? Thanks for reading, I appreciate it so much.

The next post is in the works. Thank you all for reading--I can't tell you how much I appreciate it!

17. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Hey, I've been lurking on this story for a bit now, and I love it! I can't wait to find out how Qui will react to Obi telling him he needs his physical... *cringes* Great job so far, lots of suspense. Can't wait for the next chapter!

18. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    KenobisGirl: I am honored that you de-lurked to read my story. I hope that you continue to enjoy it.

Next post will be up later this evening or tonight. Thanks for your patience!

19. PadawanEstel

PadawanEstel Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    *What* in the *heck* is going *on*?!? What is this mysterious thing that Qui-Gon "must do"? What does this have to do with the datapads? And why is he acting so strangely? [face_thinking] hmmm... not sure I like the possible meanings of this title... maybe Qui-Gon needs more than a physical!

20. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    PadawanEstel: You may be right about Qui-Gon needing more than a physical! Thank you for reading--I hope you continue to enjoy the story.

As promised, here is the next post!

After Master Anere completed his physical examination, Obi-Wan made his way back to the quarters he shared with his master. His thoughts were consumed by figuring out how he was going to tell Qui-Gon that Anere wanted him to report for a physical. After the incident earlier, from which Obi-Wan still bore a slight headache; he figured that Qui-Gon would believe that the idea of a physical was his and not the suggestion of Master Anere.

Before he realized it, Obi-Wan was standing in front of the door to their quarters. Taking a deep breath, he entered to find Qui-Gon sitting in the oversized chair that he always preferred. Once again he was studying the data pads that Obi-Wan had determined was partly to blame for his master?s recent behavior. ?What took you so long, Padawan?? Qui-Gon did not even look up from the data pad as he addressed Obi-Wan.

?Master Anere realized that I was past due for a physical, so while I was there, she went ahead and did one.? Obi-Wan watched for any kind of reaction from his master before continuing. ?Master??

?Yes, Obi-Wan??

?Master Anere?well, Master Anere also noticed that you were past due for a physical as well and would like for you to stop?? Obi-Wan found that he could not continue as Qui-Gon looked up at him from the data pad.

Laying the data pad aside on the cushion, he rose and walked over towards Obi-Wan, who unconsciously took a step away from the intimidating master. ?I thought I made it perfectly clear that my health is my own business. I told you I was fine and yet you insist on pushing the issue.?

?No master. I didn?t mention anything to Anere?she came to the conclusion on her own. She knew that we had not been at the temple in a long time so she took a look at our medical records. That?s when she noted we were past due.? Obi-Wan watched Qui-Gon as he moved closer, noting that anger radiated from his master?s eyes.

Qui-Gon reached out and grabbed Obi-Wan by his shoulders and began to squeeze the tender flesh of his apprentice. Obi-Wan winced as he felt the large hands constrict, no doubt leaving bruises where his hands were. ?Master, please. What is wrong with you? Why are you acting this way??

?I am acting this way because I will not tolerate your blatant disobedience. You are the padawan and I am the master. It seems that you have forgotten your place.? Releasing the grip that Qui-Gon had on the padawan, he threw Obi-Wan to the floor. As Obi-Wan attempted to get up, Qui-Gon shoved him back down and placed his boot firmly upon the young boy?s chest. Obi-Wan lay there confused by his master?s actions. ?You will learn your place, young one?or else you will pay the consequences. Have I made myself clear??

?Yes Master.? Qui-Gon let Obi-Wan up and went back to studying his data pads. ?Padawan, would you be so kind as to fix me a cup of tea??

Rising up off the floor, he stared at his master before simply answering, ?Yes Master.? He went in the kitchen to prepare Qui-Gon?s favorite tea. He could feel the bruises forming on his shoulders and his chest as he reached up in the cupboard to get Qui-Gon?s favorite cup. Obi-Wan held the cup in his hand for a moment. It was his master?s favorite cup for Obi-Wan had given in to him for his birthday one year. He had hand crafted it himself, making sure that there were no flaws in it as he carefully formed it. He brought himself out of his reverie and poured the hot tea into the cup and took it out to Qui-Gon. ?Here you are Master. Is there anything else you need??

?No thank you padawan. You?re time is your own now.?

Qui-Gon was dismissing him as if nothing had ever happened. The personality changes in his master were becoming increasingly noticeable to Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan silently turned and went towards his room deciding that perhaps he would meditate and hopefully the Force would guide him and sup

21. AnariaZar-Rel

AnariaZar-Rel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2004
    Oh no! Poor Obi's really in trouble now. Great post, can't wait to see what happens..

22. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Uh oh ... kid has it in store for him now that's for sure! A pity he wasn't able to break the security code. Now if I would have been him I'd taken it to Garen ;) But then again that would cause questions to rise up. Oh well... guess we'll have to find out what happens to Obi! I truly hope Mace soon picks up on Qui's 'wierdness' soon enough! I know Yoda would if he was around but then again perchance Qui is staying away from them for that reason! ;) Ack enough with the negative vibes Moriarty! ;) (my buds always tell me that ;) hehehe)

Great post!!

23. Bekah_K

Sep 3, 2002
    Obi-Wan should go to Master Yoda and start talking.

I was wondering how old is Obi is in this fic.

Next post is soon, right?! :)

edit: Never mind. I re-read the first post - Obi's 16 in this fic. :oops:

~Bek

24. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    Boy, whatever is on that data pad sure has old Qui-Gon's boxers in a bunch.

25. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Ok, I admit, I have been lurking on this fic.

Qui-Gon is really creeping me out! :eek:

I can't stand Qui-Gon's evilness. He has to be possessed or something.

Poor Obi-Wan! :_|

Good story! :D

~ Jedikma :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.