main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends To Live in Fear JA Obi/Qui Author's note 9/27!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedimommie2, May 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    You know what? Possessed or not...

*unclips and ignites her lightsabers*

Qui is really getting on my nerves now. I got dibs on his head. Anybody else with me?

Good post!

2. masterobiwankenobi

masterobiwankenobi Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2003
    This is a great story so far. poor obi.
    can't wait to find out what qui's
    problem is. can't wait for the next post.

Peggy

3. TraxxasJedi

TraxxasJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2004
    Coming along great! Can't wait for the next post.

4. jinny_badpad

jinny_badpad Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2004
    Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! :mad:

I'm with ya Jedi_Knight150!!
    Hey, what d'you think of a "Return of the lynch mob"? [face_devil]

Next postie, next postie, pleeeaaaase!!! *nervously chewing her fingernails* :D

BadPad

5. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    No Wait! You can kill him after we find out why he is doing this.

6. galaxy_goddess

galaxy_goddess Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2004
    Wow, this is so good! and I have to agree with everyone, Qui is really being creepy if not a big meanie. Somethings up with him...hmmm I have a few ideas but anywho I can't wait to see what happens next!!!

One more thing, sorry I have not been posting my comments but that was cos I have been away on a school camp. I got back yesterday and I am so sore on the right side of my body after I fell over a heap of ores like a Zombi as the pier was really slippery and my shoes were all old and gross with no grip. Now I have a cold because I then rolled into the water...What a day I sure had. [face_beatup]
    But overall I loved the camp, it was great!!! :D

Can't wait for more of this story! It's just so good with all the things you put in this story, I love it!!

SimmiVan ;)

7. Cookietribble

Cookietribble Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2004
    Ahrrrrggggg!!!!!
    Ooooooooobiiiii!!!!! :_| :_|
    He always seems to be the one who gets bitten by the dogs...
    *turns herself into a(okay, rather small, but...) cat and shows her fangs*
    Leave me a part, Badpad and Jediknight 150, will you, please?? ;)

(Just don`t wonder, my second personality is a cat;)...ask jinnybadpad! ;)

Good Post!

Cookietribble

8. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Nooooo! You can't hurt him!!! We must cure him! *stands in front of Jinn guarding him with lightsaber out* Now, now, let's not get to hasty! (as if Jinn REALLY needs guarding, hrmm? *snrk*)

No let us hurt him after we find out what's up. If it's truly him then I'll gladly step aside so you can do whatever...I'm afraid I can't bare to watch if it truly is him.. he is juz to handsome to mutilate! *sigh* But if it isn't him and some afliction of sorts... then won't you be happy to know that you waited? [Dooku's_voice] Patience my friends, let us see what transpires.[/Dooku's_voice] We'll juz have to be moral support for our fav Paddy!

9. jedimommie2

jedimommie2 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2004
    AnariaZar-Rel: Poor Obi's really in trouble now. Yep, that's one way of putting it! Thanks for reading!

Kynstar: Uh oh ... kid has it in store for him now that's for sure! Now what gives you that idea? :D Glad you are enjoying this story.
    By the way, I'm sure that you realize the lynch mob is forming against your beloved Qui-Gon. Keep your lightsaber handy, you may need to protect him. ;)

Bekah_K: Next post should be up later this evening!

Opal: [face_laugh]

Jedikma: I'm so glad you de-lurked! Thank you so much for reading--hope you continue to enjoy it!

Jedi_Knight: I was wondering how long it would take for the lynch mob to form!

masterobiwankenobi: Thanks for reading! Next post will be up later today.

TraxxasJedi: Thank you! Glad you are enjoying it.

badpad: Another lynch mob member! Thanks for reading! Next post is coming very soon!

PadawanKitara: You can kill him after we find out why he is doing this. A voice of reason?

galaxy_goddess: Welcome back! I'm glad you had a great time, but it is good to see you back on the boards. Thanks for reading and I'm glad you are enjoying this story!

Cookietribble: And yet another lynch mob member. Qui-Gon better watch out--he has no idea who is after him! ;)

Wow! I can't believe the incredible response to this story! I am so glad you all are enjoying it. The next post will be up later today. Thanks again for reading.

10. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    Sorry it's a little late, but there was a small section I wanted to rework! But here is the next post and I hope you all enjoy it!

As Obi-Wan began to give into the darkness; the sudden rush of air into his lungs brought him back into reality. A reality where his master had just been choking him with the intent to harm. Obi-Wan fell to the ground gagging and coughing, trying to force more air into his body. Qui-Gon reached down, picked him up and slammed him against the wall. Obi-Wan winced as he felt his back hit the hard wall of his bedroom. The impact was so hard that a portrait that Obi-Wan had drawn and framed fell to the ground, the glass shattering into pieces.

Qui-Gon?s face was mere centimeters from Obi-wan?s face. As the padawan looked into his master?s eyes, he saw the fire of pure rage burn brightly in them. ?What did you read from the data pads?? Qui-Gon growled between clenched teeth.

?Nothing,? Obi-Wan managed to whisper; his voice still hoarse from his earlier experience.

?You?re lying. Once again you are lying, Padawan.? Qui-Gon then pulled Obi-Wan from the wall and pushed him to the floor on his stomach. He grabbed his padawan by the hair and pushed his face to the ground on top of the glass that had broken. ?Now, I will ask you one more time, my Padawan--what did you read about on that data pad??

?I swear. I didn?t read anything, Master. Please let me go.? Obi-Wan tried to struggle but he could not fight against the combined strength of his master and the Force. ?Please...?

?Are you begging, Obi-Wan? Do you know how pathetic that sounds? Do you?? Obi-Wan was startled at the level of anger that was coming from Qui-Gon. ?Now, Obi-Wan--let?s try again. What did you read about on the data pads?? As Qui-Gon continued to press his apprentice?s face to the floor, he pulled his arm behind his back until Obi-Wan could feel his shoulder dislocating. ?Tell me!? Qui-Gon demanded as he continued to wrench the young boy?s arm.

?I swear!? Obi-Wan finally shouted at his master. ?I couldn?t get past the security code!? He felt Qui-Gon release him and Obi-Wan could do nothing but lay on the floor. He tried to allow the Force to take his pain as his mind was racing and desiring to know what was wrong with his master. He could not believe that Qui-Gon had just hurt him like this. Outside of necessary discipline, his master had never laid a hand on him.

Obi-Wan watched as Qui-Gon walked over and picked up the discarded data pad. He came back over and stood beside his padawan. ?Get up,? Qui-Gon said in a quieter tone. Obi-Wan brought himself to his knees, noticing for the first time the blood that was dripping onto the carpet. He reached up and felt the blood on his face where the glass had cut him. Qui-Gon reached down and grabbed him by his aching arm and drug him over to the mat that Obi-Wan used for meditation. He forced Obi-Wan back down in a kneeling position. ?You will remain here until I come and tell you other wise. You are not to move from this position--not a muscle. You can meditate on the consequences of lying and stealing. Have I made myself perfectly clear??

?Yes Master,? Obi-Wan weakly replied.

?Do not enter into a healing trance--as a Jedi, you must learn to welcome and accept the pain. You may be placed in situations where you can not use a healing trance, so consider this practice, as well as a lesson on respect.? Qui-Gon left Obi-Wan?s room, but left his door open so that he could keep a watchful eye on his apprentice.

Qui-Gon sat down in the living area and began studying the contents once again. Every so often he glanced from the object that held his interest to see if his padawan was still complying with the instructions he had been given. He could see the blood still running down the side of his face, making Qui-Gon curse inwardly. You fool! You know better than to leave evidence behind. You will have to be more careful--that boy is getting too close. He can?t discover the truth!

Qui-Gon r

11. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh my! Things get even more mysterious by the post!!

Ummm a late night rendezvous? I ponder on this one!!

Poor Obi... But stay off your hands in harming Qui until we know what is amiss! I will not have you harming a single grey or brown hair upon his head!

And fear not! If Qui is found out to be evil on his own.. then I will step aside and allow his *sniff* downfall. Though reluctantly. ;)

Great post!! :D :D

12. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    evil girl. I'll still be the voice of reason, but I'm not the most patient padawan.

13. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Qui-Gon gets more evil by the post--if that is possible! :eek:

Poor Obi-Wan! Everything is looking rather hopeless for him. :(

14. galaxy_goddess

galaxy_goddess Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2004
    That was pretty intense! Poor Obi-Wan, it must be really bad for him cos of Qui, I wonder if his friends will suspect anything or something.

Oh well, for one thing I can't wait for the next post!!
    Its too cold in some parts of Queensland, Australia for me to be going to the beach so I hope you enjoy your time :)

SimmiVan ;)

15. PadawanEstel

PadawanEstel Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    I don't like this Qui-Gon...*bad* Qui- *scary* Qui- stop it!! :_|
    *Smacks Qui-Gon around the head, then runs and hides*
    A force inhibitor?!? :eek: Where on earth did he get that?!? :confused:

In the words of our favorite Padawan... "I have a bad feeling about this..." ;)

16. AnariaZar-Rel

AnariaZar-Rel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2004
    "..I am glad that this was sent with me to use as I deemed necessary.." - this line is really interesting. Something is really wrong with Qui-Gon, and poor Obi-Wan is the only one who knows and can't do anything about it. I wonder what this secret trip is about. Poor Obi-Wan, how is he going to get out of this situation? Can't wait for the next post!

17. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    Bad Qui-Gon!! He'd better watch out, cause I see that the gals are looking to re-forming that lynch mob that went after Li've.

18. OBI_GURL_KENOBI1

OBI_GURL_KENOBI1 Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2004
    This is awesome. I just found it and I think it's great. POOR OBI! Is Qui possessed or is it just a dark Qui story. Very intriguing. Post soon

19. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    Kynstar: You better keep close to Qui-Gon--I hear that the lynch mob is reforming. Thanks for reading!

PadawanKitara: Maybe you should meditate on your impatience. ;)

Jedikma: Hopeless, you say? That's a good word for Obi-Wan's situation at the moment. Thanks for reading.

galaxy_goddess: Thank you! I'm looking forward to getting away for a few days. But that means you will have to wait for the next post.

PadawanEstel: You will find that Qui-Gon is full of surprises! Thanks for reading.

AnariaZar-Rel: You think this situation is bad? You haven't seen anything yet! Thank you for reading.

Opal: Yes, I've heard that rumor about the lynch mob as well. :D

OBI_GURL_KENOBI: I'm glad you found it! I hope you continue to enjoy this story.

I really did try and have a post ready for you, but I ran out of time and did not finish it. So I am sorry that you will have to wait for the next post until I get back from the beach. I will be back Thursday night and will have the next post ready on Friday. Thank you all for reading and for your patience. I promise that the next post will be worth the wait! Have a great week--see you all on Thursday night or Friday. (If anyone is interested, I did get another post up on "Prisoner of War".)

20. Vampi_Digitalwytch

Vampi_Digitalwytch Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2004
    Just found this one and read what's up so far.

Intriging....hmmm.....

I've got a few ideas on what could be on that datapad, but...hmm...still not sure enough to voice what I'm thinking what's most likely on it.

21. Cookietribble

Cookietribble Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2004
    Grrrr!!!!! Quiiiii!!!!!!! :mad:
    Hey, don`t worry,don`t worry, Kynstar!!
    I`m not gonna hurt him...
    *taps Kynstar on the head reassuringly*

But IF he did all this by himself... [face_devil]

Am waiting for the next post!!! ;)

22. jinny_badpad

jinny_badpad Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2004
    Hey, I really don't want to hurt my beloved Qui [face_love], but if it becomes necessary... well, I shall do what I must!! ;) :_|

But I won't raise a hand against my favorite Jedi until I know that he's acting of his own free will... (though I hope he's not [face_praying])

"In dubio pro reo" ;)

So Kynstar, I hope that you're relieved.

And where the heck did he get that force inhibitor?! :mad: That's really nasty!!! Poor Obi!!! :_|

Nice post, hope there will be more sooooon!!!

Greetings from rainy and cold ;) Germany

BadPad

23. TraxxasJedi

Jun 9, 2004
    Qui-Gon become Bad-Gon. OH NO!!!! Great story so far can't wait for next post.

Edit: Whats a force inhibitor?

24. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Force inhibitor; it is used against Force-sensitives in order to keep them from using the Force. It is a cruel item that is not usually allowable by the Republic (as if that ever stopped anyone from getting/using them...*snrk*). It is an item that is usually sold on the black market. I'm curious as to how Qui got it and it is looking scarier by the min as to whether or not Qui is doing this willingly or not.

Inhibitors can be either channeled thru items; cuffs, bracelets, collars; or even induced through liquids or given by shots. Most inhibitors are in a form of collars or cuffs.

And yes jinny_badpad I am very happy for your restraint as well as the others ;) Germany? Lucky dog... how I've always wanted to go there! Joined the Air Force to travel and guess what... I get stuck stateside! *snrk* hehehe even after 8 years worth! ;) hehe

(edit: Oh also forgot to mention that it is extremely cruel to use on people cuz it can (depending on the strength of it) totally cut the access of the Force. Anf for those who have always had it since birth, to have it juz suddenly 'cut off' is like blinding someone or deafening someone and leaving them all alone to cope on their own. It isn't a pretty thing at all. Republic security has some for those Force-sensitives that are criminals and such. But there are a many of crime lords/bosses that use them to enslave those that are Force-sensitive.)

Hope this helped in explaining what they are and used for.

25. TraxxasJedi

Jun 9, 2004
    Thanks Kynstar. That helped alot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.