main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends To Live in Fear JA Obi/Qui Author's note 9/27!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedimommie2, May 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cookietribble

Cookietribble Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2004
    "Bad-Gon"? :D

2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    You know, I've never read any Dark Qui-Gon fics. This one has me very intrigued, JM2. I wonder what is on that Data Pad and what has caused Qui-Gon to have these rapid mood swings. Things are not looking very good for either of them right now :(

Have I ever told you you're great at creating suspense in your stories? Well, I'll have to tell you it again anyway. You've got me itching for more. Not to mention, I definitely see a great improvement in your writing ability from just a few months ago. You have a great talent and I'm glad to see you putting it to good use :)

-sj loves kevin spacey

3. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    *gasp* Bad Qui!!!! Wonder where Qui is going so late? Hmmm... *ponders* This is great, can't wait for the next post!

4. jedimommie2

jedimommie2 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2004
    Hey everybody! I'm back! Just wanted to let you all know that I got back from vacation just a little while ago. I will have individual replies and the next chapter up sometime tomorrow! A special thanks for reading this story and all the wonderful comments.

5. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    And like I said before... glad ya made it back safe and sound!! :D Got any wild tells to tell us from the 'adventure' you went on? ;)

6. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    Vampi_DigitalWytch: Glad you found this one! I hope you enjoy this one as well. But beware, there are already rumors of a lynch mob forming! ;)

Cookietribble: Here's the next post!

badpad: Thanks for reading and I know that you'll give Qui-Gon the benefit of the doubt. Sorry it is cold and rainy in Germany--the beach was sunny and warm. However, I have always wanted to visit Germany and Austria.

TraxxasJedi: Bad-Gon? [face_laugh] Glad Kynstar was able to answer your question.

Kynstar: Thanks for answering TraxxasJedi's question! I appreciate it! :D
    Also no wild tales--we had a great time though. Remind me to tell you about the cool deal we got with our hotel! I guess you could say the Force was with us.

solojones: [face_blush] I'm honored that you are reading this one. I appreciate your support and encouragement--it means a lot.

KenobisGirl: Thanks for reading! Here is the next post!

Here is the next post! Thank you for your patience! I appreciate you reading and I hope that you enjoy it!

As Qui-Gon expertly weaved in and out of the intricate Coruscant traffic, he began going over the details that he would be expected to diverge in the upcoming meeting. The fact that his apprentice had made himself a nuisance was a complication that he did not wish for. Obi-Wan was an intelligent young man and it would not take long for him to figure out what was going on. Qui-Gon silently admonished himself for not being more careful. One thing that he had to do when he got back to the temple was to make sure that the boy understood the importance of minding his own business.

The speeder began to descend down into the lower levels of Coruscant where treachery and possible danger lay at every corner. Qui-Gon had various and sundry contacts in this part of the planet, but he was not going to see them at the moment. He continued to make his way deeper into the lowest level where darkness hid those who did not want to be found. The light never seemed to reach this part of the planet; a testimony as to the character of the individuals that called this dismal place home. Qui-Gon found a niche in the shadows where he could park the speeder. He got out and began to make his way to an abandoned building, ignoring those who stared at him as he walked through the black night.

Qui-Gon halted his trek as he walked confidently through the entrance of the building. ?I know you?re here, you might as well show yourself.?

?You?re late,? a voice replied.

?I had something I had to take care of first.? Qui-Gon walked further into the building towards the silhouetted figure leaning against the wall.

?Your padawan??

Qui-Gon nodded. ?Yes. I warned you that he was very perceptive.?

?Evidently, you are not doing your job; he was to suspect nothing,? the voice hissed.

?He is a bright young boy and he is a Jedi padawan. He has been trained to find the deceit in an individual.?

?But you are a master, are you not? You should be able to have better control over your charge.?

Qui-Gon realized he was being taunted by the dark figure before him. ?I will take care of Obi-Wan. I assure you that he will not be a problem.?

?You better take care of him. If he were to find out what we are doing, then everything would be ruined.?

?I am aware of that!? Qui-Gon snapped. He quickly took a deep breath in an effort to calm himself. ?Can we continue? I have to get back to the temple before I am missed.?

?Very well. What information have you been able to obtain so far?? The figure crossed his arms and began to listen intently as Qui-Gon began to give his detailed report.

This has to be nightmare, Obi-Wan thought to himself as he lay unmoving on the floor. Being paralyzed by the force inhibitor had not afforded the young padawan the ability of being able to move away from the stench of the vomit as it assaulted his senses. He had not been able to fight the vertigo and nausea that had overwhelm

7. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Ohhhh how Qui juz lucked out!! He is soooo lucky they didn't insist! Cuz finding Obi on the floor, proned, and lying in his own puke... now that would not have gone over well with either Master Yoda or Master Windu!!

Ummm ponder upon the mystery feller... Guess we'll find out eventually! ;) Poor Obi... *Sniff!* I actually *shudder* at what Qui has planned next since he, himself said he'd make Obi not interfer any longer... and he's prob gonna give him a spill or two about talking with the Masters tomorrow.

Fear not Obi, if Qui is doing this all on his own I will allow the lynch mob to proceed. I ponder if that is actually Qui... I'm sure it is though. Alter ego or his evil twin! OHHHHHHHH :eek: 2 Qui-Gons... ummm what a thing to ponder!!!

8. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Noooooo! Yoda and Mace just missed finding Obi-Wan in that miserable state. They had better not give up on their promise to check in on him later!!!!

9. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    I agree with Kynstar. Can't believe this is Qui-Gon! Perhaps this Bad-Gon is an evil clone...
    ...humilation, pain and fear beyond his imagination?
    :eek: Poor, poor Obi-Wan! :_|
    Kynstar, jedimommie2 want to visit Germany? Actually I live with my family in the south of Germany, in Bavaria. :eek:
    I invite you, come and visit me! :D [face_love]

10. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    jeday you have NO idea how tempting that offer is!! If I had the $$ or could take a hop and if my Major would let me *snrk* I'd be there in a flash (well as long as it takes to take a flight way over there...which is considerable I've been told, but would be bloody well worth it!) *SIGH* how I would loooove to!!

Perchance one of these eons I can take ya up on that offer! hehehe

I'm still thinking of two Qui-Gons... ack can't get that out of my mind. But which would I choose...goody-goody Qui or bady-bady Qui...ack hard choice specially since I tend toward the evil folks sometimes in the movies (only if they're cute of course hehehe guess it's that 'underdog' affect I get sometimes)

11. TraxxasJedi

TraxxasJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2004
    Bad Bad-Gon!!!!! How could you??????

12. PadawanEstel

PadawanEstel Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    "Little did he know that when Qui-Gon returned, Obi-Wan?s life would be a living hell. He would be forced not only to endure humiliation, but also pain and fear beyond his imagination." :eek: [face_worried] Don't like the sound of that *at* *all* ...

So hurry up and write the next chapter! :D

But if Obi-Wan gets (badly) hurt... Someone is going to get a talking-to!

13. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    Kynstar: Yes, Obi is in for a hard time. Better be ready to protect Qui-Gon! ;)

Jedikma: Thanks for reading and don't worry about Mace or Yoda forgetting anything!

jeday: Believe me, if I had the money, I would be on the same plane Kynstar would be on! I would love to visit! Hopefully one day!

TraxxasJedi: You haven't seen the last of what Qui-Gon can do.

PadawanEstel: I'm working on the next chapter as we speak! Thanks for reading!

A special thanks once again for reading--I'm so glad you all are enjoying it. The next post is in the works and will hopefully be ready tomorrow. I did not have a lot of time because I was at an awards ceremony for my oldest son. He won first place for his grade level in the local Reading Rainbow Young Writers and Illustrators Contest. Hopefully I will have some more time tomorrow to finish the post.

14. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Do tell your son congrads for us!! Great to hear it! ;) ahhh we'll wait patiently fear not! And I will defend my fav handsome, luscious, compassionate Master! ;) Until I find out what is wrong. Though I have to admit that if he isn't my fav handsome... (you know the rest... *Snrk*) that I will indeed lay the first blow upon his handsome, luscious...*ahem* well you get the picture! ;) hehehehe As one of my favorite sayings are... "Your soul will be mine!"

Bwhahahahaha beware Qui if you are doing this in your right mind! [face_devil]

15. jinny_badpad

jinny_badpad Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2004
    And I will be right at your side, Kynstar!

I like the idea of two Qui-Gons... but then, where's the goody-goody Qui? And who/what is the bad one? Twin brother or clone? [face_thinking]
    Many questions unanswered there are... meditate I must... I-)

Great post, jedimommie and nice cliffie!!;)

BadPad

P.S.: jeday, where exactly do you live in bavaria? :confused:

16. galaxy_goddess

galaxy_goddess Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2004
    Congrats to your son!
    This is great! But I sure hope Obi will be ok! Ah, he should be, me thinks. It's just thats Qui's being the mean/evil/double life thing. [face_worried]

I don't know how to put this story or your previous to words, but they are FAB! and I can't wait to read the rest!!! :*

SimmiVan ;)

17. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    Kynstar: Thank you on behalf of my son. Glad you're keeping an open mind regarding Qui-Gon. ;)

badpad: I hope your meditation provides you with the answers you seek! ;) Thanks for reading, I'm so glad you are enjoying it!

galaxy_goddess: Thank you so much. I'm glad you have enjoyed reading my stories.

Here's the next post! Thanks for your patience. I hope you enjoy it!

Qui-Gon paused for a moment as he entered the living area, reaching out with the Force to make certain that Yoda and Mace were not in the immediate area. He shed his robe and placed it on the worn sofa as he made his way towards Obi-Wan?s room. Qui-Gon opened the door to his padawan?s room and slowly walked towards the boy. He knew that the sight before him should break his heart, but Qui-Gon also knew that his heart was no longer capable of being broken. Obi-Wan lay unmoving on the floor in his own vomit. The stench was enough to make the Jedi Master nauseous.

He reached down and removed the bracelet from Obi-Wan?s wrist. As the bracelet came off, the claws that had been imbedded in his skin tore the tender young flesh. The Force came flooding back to the young padawan, who could do nothing else but lie on the floor and allow it to embrace him. Obi-Wan was continuing to bask in the warmth of the Force as Qui-Gon?s clipped voice shattered the silence. ?Get up,? he demanded.

Obi-Wan finally became aware that the ability to move had also returned to him. He was so caught up in relishing the presence of the Force that he barely noticed that he was no longer paralyzed. The padawan slowly rose to his hands and knees and shakily pushed himself off the floor. Qui-Gon looked at him with disgust as evidence of the padawan?s illness covered his face and chest. ?I suggest that you clean your floor and then clean yourself as well. I will be waiting for you in the living area. We have much to discuss, Padawan.

Qui-Gon left Obi-Wan standing alone in his room. He was even more confused by Qui-Gon?s recent behavior. His master was often very demanding of Obi-Wan as he encouraged the boy to increase his potential and his abilities. However, Qui-Gon had never been blatantly cruel to him. Still weak from his experience, Obi-Wan slowly moved to clean up his floor. The memory of having to lie in his own vomit plagued him as he worked. Why would his master subject him to such humiliation? After he finished cleaning the floor, he slowly made his way to the fresher to take a shower. He stripped off the soiled clothes and laid them aside. He turned on the water and stepped inside, allowing the cascading warmth of the shower to revive him.

Leaning against the wall, he found himself lost in his thoughts, I could stay in here forever. But he knew that he could not?he was aware that Qui-Gon was waiting for him and that he should not keep him waiting any longer than necessary. Obi-Wan shut the water off and grabbed his towel. Quickly drying off, he put on some fresh clothes and joined his master in the living area. Qui-Gon was sitting on the couch with his arms folded, glaring at his apprentice as Obi-Wan made his way towards him.

Obi-Wan stood before his master silently waiting for Qui-Gon to speak. ?Obi-Wan, there seem to be some things we need to address. As a padawan, you have certain requirements placed upon you. One of those requirements is that you are to obey your master. Am I right??

Obi-Wan nodded. ?Yes Master.?

?However, since we have returned from our previous mission, you continue to purposefully disobey me. As a master, I am entitled to certain rights including my privacy. You seem determined to deny me that as well. Is there a reason for your recent actions?? Qui-Gon waited patiently for Obi-Wan to respond.

?I am worried about you, Master. You have not been yourself since our last mission. I thought that perhaps I could help you.?

Qui-Gon smiled at his apprentice as he rose from the sofa. Obi-Wan saw the smile come over his

18. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Hrmmm this does have me baffled... evil Qui!

Master Jinn you better be worth the protection I am providing you! Otherwize you'll have your moments of pain yourself!

Great job jm2!! Poor Obi... he won't be able to say much if anything due to Qui threatening to harm his friends. Ummm sneaky and conniving Qui has become.

19. TraxxasJedi

TraxxasJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2004
    MORE STORY MORE STORY!!!!! It's goin great though Bad-Gon is not being very good. lol.

20. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I agree witht he others- need my bad Qui fix!!!

21. Vampi_Digitalwytch

Vampi_Digitalwytch Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2004
    First off, a belated Congrats from me to your son, jedimommie.

And things are definitely looking intriguing with the turn of events in the story so far. I'm rather wondering if Qui-Gon will be behind the fall of the Jedi rather than Anakin on this one.

22. Cookietribble

Cookietribble Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2004
    Quuuuiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!! :mad:
    That`s sooooo unfair!! And Obi won`t even be able to say anything...:_|

But... there`s something odd...:confused:
    "He knew that the sight before him should break his heart, but Qui-Gon also knew that his heart was no longer capable of being broken."

*muttering to herself*
    "Maybe his heart has been replaced by a machine by someone evil! Yeah,it must be something like that...It can`t be something else..."[face_praying]

Umm...am I the only one who thinks this is odd?

Great post once more! [face_love]
    Please post again soon! ;)

Cookietribble

23. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Nope you are not. 'Tis why I'm warning him ahead of time cuz if it turns out he's done this with a clear mind... man has some troubles heading his way!

Yep thought that was odd to... sad at that.

24. jinny_badpad

jinny_badpad Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2004
    I'm really amazed that Yoda and Mace actually noticed something... I mean sometimes they can be really slow.

But why didn't they insist on visiting Obi immediately?! :mad: And now he can't even tell them what is goin' on... arrrgh... Qui-Gon beware, if this is going on much longer neither Kynstar nor my love to you will be able to hold me back!!! [face_skull]

"He knew that the sight before him should break his heart, but Qui-Gon also knew that his heart was no longer capable of being broken."
    Yup, this is strange... I think that something broke his heart beyond repair, but then why didn't anybody notice? Especially Obi should have... frustrating this is... demand I do that some answers will be given soon!! :p

HINT HINT HINT!!!

BadPad

25. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    Kynstar: Thank you! Obi will be finding himself in hot water with Qui-Gon.

TraxxasJedi: I'm working on the next post! Thanks for reading.

PadawanKitara: Don't worry, there will be plenty of opportunity for Bad Qui!

VampiDigitalWytch: On behalf of my son, thank you. I am so proud of him. Thank you for reading--glad you are enjoyin it.

Cookietribble: Thank you! The next post is in the works. I really appreciate you reading my story.

badpad: Yep, Yoda and Mace are actually on the ball, but it may not be enough. Your answers will come soon enough! Go do some meditations on patience! ;)

A special thanks to every one for reading this story. The next post is in the works and should be up either late tonight or early tomorrow!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.