main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends To Live in Fear JA Obi/Qui Author's note 9/27!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedimommie2, May 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Yippee! Can't wait for the next chappie :D
    *sniff* you are gonna make Teddy Qui baddie aren't you! Ack.. I feel a Anakin whine coming.... :_| WAHHHHHHHHHH!

2. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
  3. foxy_kenobi

foxy_kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2000
    I like your stories! ^.^v

4. jedimommie2

jedimommie2 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2004
    Kynstar: Next post is coming up!

PadawanKitara: :D

foxy_kenobi: Thanks for reading. I'm glad you are enjoying it!

Here is the next post! Hope you all enjoy it!

?Is there something wrong, Padawan Kenobi?? The dark skinned master inquired.

?Sir?? Obi-Wan hesitantly replied.

?I noticed that you winced as if you were in pain. Are you injured??

?Uh?no sir. I just have a headache.? Obi-Wan silently admonished himself for allowing the two masters to notice his reaction to Qui-Gon?s mental reminder.

Mace moved closer to the young padawan, his eyes narrowed as he attempted to inspect the boy for injuries. ?Do you need to see a healer??

?No. I?m fine?really, I am.? Obi-Wan could tell that neither Master Windu nor Master Yoda was convinced.

?Very well,? Mace replied. ?We have a few questions that we would like to ask you.?

Obi-Wan nodded slightly as he awaited the first question. He silently prayed to whatever deity would hear him that none of the questions would pertain to his master. Yoda motioned for Obi-Wan to kneel. ?Too tall you are getting, Obi-Wan.?

Obi-Wan smiled at Master Yoda and obliged his request to kneel beside him. Yoda took his hand and cupped the young padawan?s face, staring into the ever changing eyes of the boy. It had always amazed Yoda that depending on what Obi-Wan was feeling at the moment, that particular emotion was reflected in the color of his eyes. Right now, they were a blue/gray color, allowing the master to know that the young boy before him was feeling sad and confused. ?A disturbance in the Force there is. Felt it you have??

?Yes, my Master.? Obi-Wan knew that he could not lie to Master Yoda. Yoda had always been there for the padawan, even when it seemed like everyone else in the universe had deserted him. The special relationship that Yoda and Obi-Wan had was often the source of envy among other padawans.

?Know where the disturbance is originating from you do?? Yoda knew that he was asking Obi-Wan to possibly betray Qui-Gon. Yoda was convinced that the disturbance centered around Qui-Gon Jinn, but he could not prove his theory without Obi-Wan. He patiently waited for Obi-Wan to answer him, but there was no response forthcoming.

?You were asked a question, Padawan Kenobi. You can not refuse to answer a question put forth by a council member.? Mace had interjected in hopes of encouraging Obi-Wan to reply in an honest fashion to Yoda?s question. He hoped that the padawan?s sense of integrity would take precedence over the possibility that he would feel as if he were betraying his master.

Obi-Wan cast his eyes down to the floor. ?I?m not completely sure but I think??

?What is the meaning of this?? Obi-Wan could not help but flinch at the voice of his master as he burst into the council chambers.

?This is a private meeting, Master Jinn. Your presence is not required,? Mace said, placing himself between Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.

?If my apprentice is involved, then my presence is most definitely required. May I ask why you felt it necessary to have a private meeting with my padawan without informing me?? As Qui-Gon spoke, his eyes bore into the core of Obi-Wan?s soul.

His conflicting emotions would not allow Obi-Wan to return his master?s gaze. He did not know whether he should be relieved or fearful that the inquisition was being temporarily delayed. Yoda indicated to Obi-Wan that he should rise to his feet. The padawan obeyed but still refused to look at Qui-Gon. At the moment, Obi-Wan?s only desire was to flee the chambers and find a safe place to hide.

Yoda stood beside Mace as he faced the irate master before him. ?A disturbance we have felt. Curious as to the source we are. Speaking to Obi-Wan we were to see if he felt it as well.?

?As I told you earlier Master Yoda, I know exactly where the disturbance is coming from. The disturbance is emitting from someone is this very room?Obi-Wan Kenobi. Do you not remember when I informed you of my concern for him? He has not been right for qui

5. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor Obi!! Well at least Mace and Yoda don't suspect him. That is a good thing.

Another meeting? Ummm strange and 'emergency' at that?

Do becareful kid... following after Qui could very well be your death.

Great postie!!! :D :D Suspense all the way!

6. TraxxasJedi

TraxxasJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2004
    AWSOME STORY!!!!!!!! Next post next post!!!! Love the story yet Bad-Gon is still being bad.

7. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    come on Obi- get the council to help you!

8. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    Hey, jm2! You update so fast I had about three posts to catch up on. Not that I'm complaining- more for me to read. :D

Glad to see that Jinn couldn't pull the wool over the eyes of the old troll, and try not to hurt Obi too bad on that free fall.

9. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    This Obi-Wan is very persistent! :D

10. Vampi_Digitalwytch

Vampi_Digitalwytch Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2004
    I already want to just walk up to Mace and Yoda then smack them both upside the head and telling them to wake the *blank* up. They already know something's off with Obi-Wan and with Qui-Gon's behaviour in the chamber, that should be more than enough to start an investigation.

11. Cookietribble

Cookietribble Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2004
    Okay, that`s enough!!!!:mad:

Hurting MY poor Obi like that!!! :_| :_| :_|

*changes into her cat self and runs after Obi hoping that this way she can get to Qui*
    "I`m gonna get that guy!!!"
    *realizes how high up they are and that Obi-Wan actually is up to jump*
    "Oookay... But just wait until I get you between my claws!!!!" [face_devil]

Sorry, just couldn`t help it...:p
    Great post! [face_love]
    Cookietribble

12. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    Kynstar: Do becareful kid... following after Qui could very well be your death. Or at the very least cause him a tremendous amount of pain. ;) Thanks for reading! By the way, really enjoyed your last update.

TraxxasJedi: Thank you so much--glad you are enjoying it! And yes, "Bad-Gon" is being very bad.

PadawanKitara: come on Obi- get the council to help you! The only thing on his mind is finding out where Qui-Gon is.

Opal: Good to see you! Don't worry, the freefall won't hurt Obi, that task will fall to his master.

jeday: Yes he is! :D

VampiDigitalWytch: You would think so, wouln't you? Perhaps the lynch mob should go after the council!

Cookietribble: Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it! Don't worry, this won't be the only time you'll want to sink your claws into Qui! ;)

The next post is in the works. I'm going to touch up my first post to the sequel of "Ultimate Betrayal" and get it on the boards and then I can finish up the next post for this story. Thank you all for reading!

13. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    Poor Obi! The kid wants so much to help Qui-Gon that he's finding more trouble for himself despite what he knows the consequences will be.

Hope someone finds a way to help Obi soon.

14. Vampi_Digitalwytch

Apr 11, 2004
    I've still got torches left over from the last gathering of the lynchmob. Won't take me long to get the truck again and I've got loads of coupons for pizza afterwards.

15. Indra

Indra Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    I love it and I can't wait to see what will happen! Whatever happened to Qui-Gon to change him so drastically and, even more important, will he change back?

Hope to read more soon! :D

16. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    Bekah_K: Ever notice how Obi-Wan and trouble seem to find each other? Thanks for reading!

VampiDigitalWytch: [face_laugh]

Indra: Thank you for reading. The next post is ready!

Here is the next post! Thank you all for reading and I hope that you enjoy it!

Many commuters were taken by surprise as the young padawan descended past their vehicles, gaining speed, but yet seeming to control his fall. By calling upon the Force, Obi-Wan was able to direct himself towards a public transport passing directly under him. Landing with a distinct thud on top of the vehicle, startled passengers stared in shock as the young Jedi climbed in through a window and took a seat towards the back. Silence echoed through the transport as Obi-Wan finally noticed that he was being watched by all the other passengers. He smiled nervously and sat back in his seat, wanting to try and remain inconspicuous the rest of the trip.

Realizing that he had to figure out if this transport would take him to the nightclub district, he leaned over to the man in the seat in front of him. ?Excuse me, sir. Does this transport go to the nightclub district or will I need to change transports??

The man smiled smugly at the young padawan. ?Yeah, it goes to the nightclub district. Aren?t you a bit young to be frequenting that area??

?I guess so but I?m just looking for somebody,? Obi-Wan replied.

?You better be careful. It?s no place for a kid.? The man turned back around in an effort to ignore the young Jedi.

Having received several lessons on being stubborn from an authority, Obi-Wan tapped the man on the shoulder once again. ?Excuse me again, does this transport land anywhere near Club Sacul??

The man turned around to face the padawan. This boy is asking for trouble by going there. ?It lands about one quarter of a mile away from it. What business do you have going there??

?I told you that I am looking for someone,? Obi-Wan replied.

?Dressed as a Jedi? You?ll never get in the door.?

Obi-Wan merely smiled at the man. ?Leave that to me.? He was not about to reveal to this man that he had no intention of going in the club. He was more interested in the alleyway and what would be going on there. He sat back and waited for the transport to head towards the nightclub district. The padawan knew that he was taking a tremendous risk following his master, but he had to discover what was going on. He would not accept that possibility that Qui-Gon had been tainted by the dark side.

The transport finally landed at Obi-Wan?s destination. He got off the transport, walking up the aisle amidst the curious on lookers. Obi-Wan was aware that many people were very leery of the Jedi. Most of the apprehension on the part of non-Jedi, was the fact that they could not understand the Force that was an intricate part of the Jedi's life.

He stepped onto the street and focused on his surroundings. Through the brilliant neon colors that draped the various buildings, darkness and treachery seemed to be emitting from every corner. He made his way towards the alley behind Club Sacul. Using the Force, he masked his presence as he hid in the shadows of the night. He knew that he had to maintain his shielding or Qui-Gon would realize that he was nearby. Obi-Wan crouched down close to the ground as he peered around the corner to see his master speaking with a mysterious being.

?Were you followed?? Hidden by a dark cloak, it was difficult for Qui-Gon to distinguish the face of this dark being. He had never seen the face of the man who had requested his services, and Qui-Gon never expected to. The man seemed to prefer the darkness and his desire to stay hidden in the shadows was respected.

?Don?t be ridiculous. No one is aware of the fact that I am here. Jedi do not frequent this section of Coruscant very often. Now, what is the emergency that you felt it necessary to call me down here? We were scheduled to meet in two days.? Qui-Gon stood with his arms crossed, wa

17. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    My oh my oh my!! I truly begin to ponder on our fav Master now! If Qui is truly in there... somebody needs to wack him hard against the head to awaken that sweet, handsome man again! Where's Yoda and his gimmer stick when ya need him? ;)

Great post! Taking out the Chancellor, eh? Ummm and even Qui doesn't know the mysterious dude, eh? Ummm bodes unwell for our fav Paddy.

Great work! :D Can't wait to find out what's up!! Poor Obi!! *sniff!*

18. Vampi_Digitalwytch

Apr 11, 2004
    Line up to the left for a torch all.... *starts passing out torches.*

19. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Grabs torch in one hand, lightsabre in the other!

Who's with me?

20. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Must resist...must resist... *Eyes everyone sadly*
    I can't let you...not just yet. We must find out what is wrong first... please bare with me! We must have patience... *Hand twitches on lightsaber*

Arg! It's hard to have patience!!

21. PadawanEstel

PadawanEstel Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    *glares at evil qui*

Who are you, and what have you done with the *real* Master Jinn? Answer quickly, before I let the people with torches have you!

Good post- Qui just keeps getting eviler!

22. Cookietribble

Cookietribble Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2004
    *grabs a torch from Vampi(thanx! ;)) and gives Qui a murderous glare*
    Who are you??? An answer, NOW!! :mad:
    Bant, Garen, Reeft,hurry up, PLEASE!!! :_|
    Somebody help Obi-Wan!!! *snif*

23. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Oh now look what you did. *Jumps onto an overhanging tree branch and looks down at the mystery plot bunny that's trying to jump up at her.*

This waiting has spawned a plot bunny. *the plot bunny finally bites and I fall to the ground, despertly trying to shake the bunny off.*

argh, :( I have to many fics in the work already. *sighs.* but I love mystery stories.

POST PLEASE!!! *begs on her hands and knees.* The suspense is killing me.

24. TraxxasJedi

TraxxasJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2004
    Please let obi live please let obi live [face_praying] And please makes sure he's doesn't go through to much pain.

25. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    Kynstar: Thank you! I admire your willingness to stand by Qui-Gon even though the lynch mob is forming! ;)

VampiDigitalWytch: Somehow I think you'll have quite a few takers.

PadawanKitara: First in line, huh? :D

PadawanEstel: Thanks. Qui's evilness has just truly begun.

Cookietribble: Obi definitely needs some help.

jacen200015: The plot bunnies can be vicious, can't they? Working on the next post. It should be done up very late tonight or in the morning sometime. Depending on how vicious real life wants to be today.

TraxxasJedi: I can promise that he'll live, I just can't promise what shape he'll be in.

Thanks to everyone for reading this story. I apologize for not having another post ready, but real life got very busy this weekend. Thank you for your patience and you should have it late tonight or early tomorrow sometime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.