main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends To Live in Fear JA Obi/Qui Author's note 9/27!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedimommie2, May 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Tigris_Leigh

Master_Tigris_Leigh Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2004
    JM2 where aaaaarrrrreeee yooooooouu? You're torturing us on purpose, aren't you?! ;)

Hey I've started to read the Ulimate Betrayal, it's awesome! I can't believe it's your first fic! I hate that woman, BTW :D

*using Jedi power of suggestion* you will post soon...

2. jedimommie2

jedimommie2 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2004
    JediMasterJS: Sorry I missed your first reply. Anyway, thank you and I'm glad you are enjoying this story.

JediVegeta: I'm just glad you found this fic! I appreciate you taking your time to read it and reply. Thank you so much.

Master_Tigris_Leigh: Glad you found "Ulitmate Betrayal" and are enjoying it! There was a serious lynch mob forming to go after Namow.
    You're torturing us on purpose, aren't you?!
    Would I do a thing like that? Actually it's just been a really busy week. But never fear, the next post will be up sometime today!

BlueJedi: Thanks for the up! The next post should be up later on!

The next post should be ready this afternoon. Thanks for your patience!

3. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

This story is great only found it more soon please

4. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    sdhfs: Thank you. I'm glad your enjoying it.

Here's the next post as promised. Thanks for reading!

As Obi-Wan opened his eyes, he found his master staring at him with hate and contempt burned. The young padawan could tell that he was in a small room, reminiscent of a holding cell. He was lying on the ground, chilled by the coldness and dampness in the air. The young Jedi attempted to sit up slowly, but was overwhelmed by a sensation of vertigo. He closed his eyes against the onslaught of nausea and dizziness. Deciding that it was in his best interest to lie still, Obi-Wan opened his eyes, hoping that the dizziness had ceased. During this time, Qui-Gon had said nothing to the young Jedi. The silence was beginning to wear on Obi-Wan?s nerves. ?Where am I??

The Jedi master smiled. ?You are in a place where I can control you better. I am growing tired of having to deal with your constant interference. You don?t seem to heed warnings very well.?

?That still didn?t answer my question. Where am I?? Obi-Wan knew that it was important to discover exactly where he was; he needed to get his bearings and he could not visually do it without making himself sick.

?You are under the temple. These hallways are no longer roamed; as a matter of fact, many have forgotten that this place even exists. These rooms or cells used to hold Jedi that were considered to be dangerous. Your father stayed down here for years. Now, this place will serve as your new home, my young apprentice.? Qui-Gon stood up and walked over to Obi-Wan. The padawan flinched as his master reached out towards him. ?What?s the matter, Obi-Wan? Are you scared of me??

Obi-Wan did not have to answer his master for the answer was evident in his eyes. Once again, Qui-Gon smiled at his apprentice. ?I believe that I have the answer to that question. Are you afraid that I will delve into your mind? Are you afraid that I will cause you pain?? Before Obi-Wan could reply, the all too familiar searing pain coursed through his head. Reaching up, the padawan grabbed his head between his hands and began to rock back and forth in an effort to lessen the pain. ?I am through with you Obi-Wan Kenobi, no longer my apprentice you will be.? Obi-Wan screamed as he felt the master/padawan bond shred in his mind. The pain stopped suddenly as the silenced echoed loudly through the boundaries of his soul.

Looking up in his master, with tears in his eyes, the only word that Obi-Wan could think to say was, ?Why?? Why did Qui-Gon do this to him? All his insecurities and doubts came flooding back to the padawan. He closed his eyes so he would not have to look upon the face of his master. However, Qui-Gon Jinn was no longer his master and Obi-Wan was no longer his padawan. The bond that they had both worked so hard to forge had been destroyed. The apprentice found that he could no longer control his tears and they flowed freely down his cheeks.

?That?s the question that I?ve been asking myself for years. Why did I take you as a padawan? Why did I not leave you on Bandomeer? Why didn?t the Jedi kill you when they had the chance? They should have known that you would have turned out just like your father. Like your father, you are worthless to the Jedi; you do not deserve to be a Jedi!? Moving quickly, Qui-Gon attached the Force inhibitor bracelet onto Obi-Wan?s wrist. Obi-Wan tried to pull his arm away, but the tiny claw like devices imbedded themselves into the fair skin.

Obi-Wan felt as if the walls were closing in on him. He was once again cut off from the comforting power of the Force. He began to try and pull off the bracelet, clawing at his wrist until it bled. Spent he lay back on the ground as Qui-Gon?s words echoed inside his head. Qui-Gon left the cell, shutting the door behind him as he activated a force field around the door. ?Just in case you have something in mind like escaping.? The Jedi master turned and left Obi-Wan to the darkness. He was alone, hurting, and he did not have acce

5. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Man oh man! Poor Obi... Qui severed the bond! :eek: Definitely the mystery thickens!!

Get'em Mace! Find him and corner him! Make him tell you what's up!

Hrmmm Obi ain't alone... I ponder if it is Obi's dad?

Great chappie!

6. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

I think it's xani but i could be wrong

damm wheres a sith lord when you need one, someone get maul

7. BlueJedi

BlueJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    Holy #**#!!!!!!!

8. TraxxasJedi

TraxxasJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2004
    I think it Obi-Wan's dad. But only time will tell. lol. Can't wait for more!

9. Obi_Kenobi_Devotee

Obi_Kenobi_Devotee Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2004
    What the Sith kind of cliffie was that? Okay...calming down...not going to go insane with the waiting. I've really given up on trying to figure this whole thing---WHOA! I think it all makes sense now. Or almost all of it...or at least some of it. If I'm right that is. Well, whether I'm right or not, I'm still going mad with impatience.

10. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Is it Obi's evil dad? [face_thinking]

11. Vampi_Digitalwytch

Vampi_Digitalwytch Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2004
    I'm thinking Xanatos for some reason with who's down there.

12. PadawanEstel

PadawanEstel Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2004
  13. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I'm thinking Xan too

14. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    Kynstar: Much to ponder there is. Thanks for reading!

sdhfs: Those sith lords are never around when you need them. ;)

BlueJedi: It will be okay---eventually!

TraxxasJedi: You know me too well! ;)

Obi_Kenobi_Devotee: I'm afraid you'll have to go and meditate on your lack of patience. It will be a couple of days before the next post goes up!

jeday: Now, you know that I can't answer that. You'll have to wait and read it for yourself. :D

Vampi_DigitalWytch: You never know...

PadawanEstel: Don't worry, you know that I would never hurt Obi too bad.

PadawanKitara: Maybe, maybe not. You'll just have to wait a little longer. {At least until the next post.)

Thank you all so much for reading this story. I hope that you all are enjoying it. This coming week is going to be a little crazy, but I will do my best to get the next post up within the next couple of days. Thank you all for your patience!

15. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    ?It means that you?re not down here alone.? A voice from another cell filtered through the haze of Obi-Wan?s mind. ?It?s been a long time Obi-Wan.?

Wonder who that could be?! [face_thinking]

Cliffee alert! Need another post soon! :)

16. son-of-kenobi

son-of-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2004
    great story!!!
    up!!

17. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    Bekah_K: Another post is in the works. Thanks for reading.

son-of-kenobi:Thank you so much!

Once again, I apologize for the delay. This week is very busy for me, but please know that I am working on the next post and will get it up as soon as I can. Thanks for your patience.

18. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Take your time, M'Lady! :) Like I said on the other board, we all know that DRL can be a pain in a bantha's behind! ;)

19. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

What if xani is obi's da it could happen

20. BlueJedi

BlueJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    need another post Jmom!

THANK-YOU

21. TraxxasJedi

Jun 9, 2004
    Loocking forward to the next post. Even patiently! [face_liarliar]

22. galaxy_goddess

galaxy_goddess Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2004
    jedimommie2 ,
    Sorry I have not been able to read all your updates, I've just been so busy studying for my junior cert this year and I want to do real well, which is why I have not had to time post or visit.

So don't worry I never intended to forget this story, and I sure can't wait till I get some time to read all the posts I missed out on :D

Keep the fantastic work going! :)
    SimmiVan ;)

23. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    Kynstar: You said it! [face_laugh]

sdhfs: You never know...

BlueJedi: I'm working on it. ;)

TraxxasJedi: I truly appreciate your patience!

galaxy_goddess: Don't worry about it. I just am honored that you haven't forgotten this story. I completely understand that real life often gets in the way. Thanks for reading and good luck on your cert! :D

Good news! Vacation Bible School and Day Camp are over. That means that you will get a new post sometime later today! Thanks for your patience!

24. TraxxasJedi

Jun 9, 2004
    Actually I doubt that Xanatos was his dad cuz He wasn't old enough to be. Besides if Obi-one is with his dad and Xanotos is dead (Which he was by no I think) then it wouldn't be possible. Of coursethen agian it might not be Obi-One's dad after all. Your cliff hangers are very mean! lol. :)

25. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    :eek: Mean cliffie! You know, jm2[/2], I think you're becoming as evil as some of those characters you're so fond of writing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.