main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

To Live Life as a Stranger - *A JA fanfic*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by jedi_master_gimpy, Apr 20, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    AWWWWWWW. Okay now I am REALLY REALLY REALLY looking forward to your next post. MUSH MUSH MUSH MUSH MUSH MUSH MUSH!!!!!!
    Oh and why doesn't Narshia take that little boy eric as her Padawan, young, bright, force sensitive. Sounds like a match to me

HEY! Guess what I got today. Rogue Planet! And the play station game Jedi Power Battles! LOL and I also got some TPM band aides. heheheheheehee. My mom thought I was NUTS. About the band aides I mean. The book and game were my graduation present. I haven't read the book, or played the game yet. To busy But tomorrow hopefully.

I watched Spaceballs today too. ROFLOL That is soo funny.

2. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Oh I'm so sorry for calling Qui-Gon scum sucking. I think we should give Narshia a medel!

Not that Jedi like Material possessions.

3. Jessica Kenobi

Jessica Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2000
    I'm glad that Narshia can understand that Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan need to be together. *raises her glass of blue milk to Narshia* Oh and Jedi knight obi-Wan, I also have a box of tpm bandaids. My family almost comitted me to a nuthouse because I was purpously running into things and falling down so I could plaster myself in little blue Jar Jar and amidala bandaids. I'm so far gone. I have yet to get Rogue Planet. Tell us if it's good(Well if it has Obi-Wan it's got to be good!)
    Oh yes, please post more story soon...or I'll consider that uprising!

4. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Wow! That was simply beautiful! I am very eagerly awaiting the next mush-filled post, so please please please post it ASAP!

5. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    Mush, Mush, Mush!!! POST!!!

6. RogueJai

RogueJai Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2000
    oh, that was soooo beautiful .. . bawls. Everyone in the computer tech class is now staring at me. . .lol i didn't really cry but felt like it.

7. Ejedir

Ejedir Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2000
    You're so pathetic RogueJai, if you have enough time to be looking at all this stuff in tech class. . .j/k I'm her bestest friend, so I can say stuff like that . AWESOME POST YOUR GIMPYNESS! I thought that I replied last night, but, uh, apppearantly, I didn't. This is so good! But I hate it, because it means it's almost over. You'd better come up with a new idea! FAST! Post more soon!

p.s. You're FABULOUS!

8. RogueJai

Apr 14, 2000
    Ejedir, of COURSE I'm pathetic! But i finished my assgnments three days ago and am bored out of my skull. . . but won't be starteing tomorrow. A brochure and Powerpoint presentation on Denmark, fun . . .

9. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Eryce - wow, I missed your post! Sorry, she doesn't end up doing that after all. (please try to contain your disappointment )

*LOL* Jessica!!

Milan (don't feel bad!), HL,light_sabe_r, of course I had to make Qui-Gon nice and gentle and sweet in the end!

JKOW - Heheheh, here it is! But *shhhh!* don't get ahead of the storyline! redface.gif OOoh, sounds like you had fun!! Let me know how Rogue Planet is as well, k?

Jessica - ROTFLMHO! Running into things on purpose now, are we?

And for everyone else who loves mush so much... Here ya go! (try not to cry too much!
    ======================
    ======================

Obi-Wan glanced up and grinned eagerly when Qui-Gon rapped softly on the doorjamb to his room inside the Infirmary in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. ?May I come in?? Qui-Gon asked.

?Sure,? Obi-Wan said, smiling shyly.

Qui-Gon stepped in rather uncertainly. ?I-I brought you this,? he said, walking to the bedside table with long, quick strides and placing a wrapped package on it.

?Thank you.? Obi-Wan?s sharp, intense eyes followed his every move, drinking in every detail.

Qui-Gon glanced around the room as he pulled a chair closer to the bed and sat down. ?How are you feeling??

Obi-Wan pulled himself to a sitting position and then leaned back against the pillows. ?Better now that I?ve rested. Master An-Paj says I can get out of here soon.?

Qui-Gon hid a smile. ?I don?t know why An-Paj hasn?t officially made these your quarters yet.? Obi-Wan made a face at him. Ah, Obi-Wan. How could I ever think I didn?t love you any more? ?Obi-Wan, I need to talk to you. About before. About when I left you.?

There was momentary flicker of pain across the teenager?s face as well as a flash of worry. What did Qui-Gon wish to say about it? ?All right,? he said softly in his light accent. Qui-Gon opened his mouth to say something and then closed it as if at a loss for how to say it. O?Force, Obi-Wan thought. Is he going to tell me what a horrible Padawan I was?

Qui-Gon was desperately trying to think of how to explain what he had done. He saw the wave of panic cross Obi-Wan?s face and realized the silence was hurting the young Jedi almost as much as Qui-Gon?s actions had. Blurt it out, idiot. Can?t you see you?re only hurting him more? ?Obi-Wan, I didn?t leave you for anything you did.?

Obi-Wan looked at him timidly; hope washing over his innocent features. ?You didn?t??

?No, Obi-Wan. I didn?t. I-? Force, it was hard to admit all his guilty feelings. ?I blamed myself when you left the Jedi Order. I thought it was because I hadn?t been a very good Master.? Qui-Gon took a deep breath. There, it was out. And no matter what Obi-Wan said, he felt better for telling him.

Obi-Wan?s mouth dropped open. It wasn?t because he had been terrible and Qui-Gon couldn?t stand having him as a Padawan? ?You- you did?? he blurted out.

Qui-Gon looked at his hands. ?Yes,? he said softly. ?I know I didn?t show you much kindness or love, or open myself up to you very much, Obi-Wan. I thought that you deserved someone who could, someone who would do a better job. That is why I broke our bond.?

Obi-Wan stared at him. It was because Qui-Gon thought he wasn?t doing a good job?! ?But- but you?re a wonderful Master!?

Qui-Gon felt tears flood his eyes. He didn?t deserve this innocent adoration, this freely given love. ?No, Obi-Wan. You are a wonderful Padawan.? Tell him the rest. Let it all go. ?After that, I was very cold to you and tried to avoid you as much as possible. Not because I didn?t want to see you, but because it hurt too much when I did, knowing that you weren?t my Padawan anymore.?

Obi-Wan sat there, trying to digest this. ?You didn?t- I mean you weren?t-?

?It destroyed me when we thought you were dead,? Qui-Gon said softly, the words rushing out. ?I couldn?t bear living without you.?

Obi-Wan remembered when he first opened his eyes how pale and gaunt Qui-Gon had looked. It was all so different than what he had thought. ?Master?? Obi-Wan looked at him, kn

10. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    That was so sweet. Iam in tears and i never cry.

11. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    Ohhh I KNEW it. And I know something else TOO.
    Such a wonderful mushy post. Just wonderful.

12. OldSkippy

OldSkippy Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2000
    Not that long ago all the JA fanfics were full of Obi-torture...now they're full of Obi-mush. I love Obi-mush but I'm wondering why the 180? Something to do with school? If you're suffering he's suffering?

This is very nice btw. An enormously satisfying story, I'm glad Obi had that breif thought of revenge, it would have been in-human not to!

13. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    The people at work think I'm nuts as I stand here replying with tears streaming down my face.

Thanks alot, Master Gimpy for proving them right.

That was so very sweet.

14. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Wow. That was so bea-u-ti-ful! I'm so glad they are finally back together. Mush is always awesome.
    I am also really glad to hear that you're not done with this story yet. I love it I love it I love it!

15. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Bugga it. Why does this story have to be so damn touching!?

That's a good thing btw!

16. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    That was beautiful Finally I can shed tears of happiness over this story.

I am sorry to see this is coming to an end, it has been wonderful.

Hope to see lots more of you Gimpy!!!!!!!

17. Ejedir

Ejedir Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2000
    MORE MORE MORE MORE! It can not be over yet! MORE MORE MORE MORE! More PLEASE! This is so good!
    p.s. You're STUPENDOUS!

18. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    *looks around the thread* who said it's over?!? There are still 4 posts left!! *waves her arms excitedly, jumping up and down* Hey, everybody!! Don't leave yet!!! I'm glad everyone enjoyed that post, I know you've been looking forward to it!
    =======================
    =======================

Obi-Wan turned the wrapped package over in his hands, curiosity chipping away at him. What had Qui-Gon gotten for him? The tall Jedi Master had left just a few minutes before to inform the Council that Obi-Wan was his Padawan now.

Obi-Wan carefully peeled off the layers of decorative tissue and gasped in surprise. Inside lay a small, glass figurine of two Jedi, a Master and a Padawan, standing side by side, lightsabers ignited as they fought an invisible foe. Obi-Wan studied the faces in amazement, rubbing a finger across the carefully chiseled features. He wondered briefly where Qui-Gon had gotten it; the resemblance couldn?t be purely coincidental. The Jedi Master?s long, graying hair was partly pulled back, his dark blue eyes full of calm. The Padawan?s short, ginger hair stood on end; the sapphire eyes the very picture of concentration. It looked exactly like him and Qui-Gon.

Obi-Wan turned the figure over in his hands. Along the smooth bottom his thumb caught along a small catch. Obi-Wan explored it with his fingers and was amazed to see a small door pop open. A hidden compartment sprung to life on the Jedi Master?s chest, right where his heart should be. And inside?

Inside was a miniature picture of a grinning Obi-Wan. Tears pricked Obi-Wan?s eyes.

?It looks like you?re feeling better.? The warm, cheerful voice startled Obi-Wan out of his reverie.

He quickly brushed an arm across his eyes and shoved the package to the side, putting on a bright smile. ?Hello, Narshia.?

?Hello, yourself.? Narshia sat down in the seat Qui-Gon had vacated, her long blond hair swept behind her shoulders. ?I trust An-Paj has been treating you well??

?Yeah, he?s been doing a great job of torturing me.? Obi-Wan?s face turned bright red. ?Er?um, treating me.?

Narshia hid a smile. ?Mmm.? She nodded to the figurine by Obi-Wan?s side. ?Is that what Qui-Gon gave you??

Obi-Wan blushed. ?Yes.? He showed it to her.

?That?s very sweet,? Narshia said, a faint touch of sadness in her voice.

Obi-Wan nodded, at a loss for what to say to this woman who had showed him such kindness. He felt like a traitor.

Narshia was suddenly sitting beside him on the bed. She reached over and clasped Obi-Wan?s hand, her other arm going up to gently tilt his chin until he was looking at her. ?Obi-Wan, I understand. I have no hard feelings. I knew from the start that I wouldn?t be keeping you.?

Obi-Wan looked at her in shock. ?Wha?? Then why??

Narshia smiled gently. ?The Force meant for you to be Qui-Gon?s Padawan. I was just happy to be able to share you for a while.?

Obi-Wan threw his arms around her, hugging her and crying at the same time for what could?ve, might have been. For her amazing show of kindness, and what it meant to her. ?Thank you,? he whispered.

Narshia rocked him back and forth, treasuring the feel of holding him one more time. ?You?re welcome,? she said softly, brushing tears out of her eyes. ?For everything.?
    ===============
    There are still posts left!!!!

19. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Just when I thought it was safe to put the box of Kleenex away I said it before, and I still believe it, Gimpy must have stock in the Kleenex Corp and this is her way of driving up sales. I know how often I have been sitting here with big of alligator tears running down my face.

I loved the gift, very symbolic. Obi is so sweet, his thoughts on Narisha are fitting, she did a wonderful job with him. I am glad she got to have the Obi experience, she will be all the better for it.

So happy to hear there are still more posts on this story, but sad at the same time that the end still looms near.

20. Jedi Milan-Kenobi

Jedi Milan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2000
    WOw! I'm the first one to read this! : Jedi_Master_Gimpy you made my day!

21. The Jedi Princess

The Jedi Princess Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 1999
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>There are still posts left.

I don't want to sound demanding, but POST THEM! This has been a wonderful fic. I enjoyed every post of it.

22. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    Awww... I Loved it!!!
    post soon PLEASE!!!
    You are SUCH an Awesome author!

23. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    ROFLOL Kelly Kenobi you cracked me up. "Just when I thought it was safe to put the Kleenex away." ROFLOL
    HEHEHEE

Okay, maybe I just had too much caffine.

Great post Master gimpy. The figurine was soooo sweet. Howver I'm still waitng for Narshia to take Erik as her Padawan.

24. RogueJai

Apr 14, 2000
    Ooohh, poor girl. I can't help but wish she'd gotten to yell at u-no-who, but oh well. The gift was so touching! I like, I love it, I want some more of it . . . POST!

25. Kim-kenobi

Kim-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 1999
    lets all say it together 3... 2... 1...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Kim B

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.