main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

To Live Life as a Stranger - *A JA fanfic*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by jedi_master_gimpy, Apr 20, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flip A Coin

Flip A Coin Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2000
    I think I will de-lurk a little early just to say how awesome this story is! So sad that Obi is dead! I just want to know one thing:
    WHAT HAPPENED TO THE POOR LITTLE GUY?

Thats all....for now

2. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Jedi Milan, I'm with ya there! His reasons are actually understandable and sad once you find them out, though! And Ki- er...I mean, padawan feline, not ANOTHER person to bug me at two sites!! Happy to have you with us, though, your comments are always enjoyable!! But you must promise to keep posting on your wonderful stories!! Flip A Coin, I'm very glad you decided to delurk to let me know you're here!! thanks!!

3. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    This one should begin to clear up some of the mysteries surrounding Obi-Wan's death...
    =====================================
    =====================================

Qui-Gon spent the next three and a half months on numerous missions. The more work he had the less time there was for his mind to think. He especially requested missions during the time Narshia and Obi-Wan were supposed to be back at the Temple.

So it was a major surprise for Qui-Gon when he was called to the Council and found Narshia and Obi-Wan already waiting outside. Obi-Wan remained passive when he saw Qui-Gon, a hint of hope and longing in his sapphire eyes the only emotion he showed. Qui-Gon overlooked him and turned to Narshia instead. ?Are you here for a mission?? He crossed his fingers, hoping she would say no?

?Yes, we are.? Narshia said brightly. ?It looks like maybe we?ve been paired up.?

Qui-Gon groaned inwardly and forced a pleasant smile. ?It would appear so.? //I have a feeling that Master Yoda has something to do with this particular pairing// he thought darkly. //Why must he throw us together like this? Doesn?t he know that it will be easier for m- Obi-Wan to recover from this if we stay away from each other?//

Qui-Gon was spared the expense of saying anything else when they were called into the Council chambers. ?Have a new mission you do,? master Yoda said, his large ears twitching.

?There have been some mysterious deaths on the planet Riftan,? Mace Windu explained. ?People who have been found dead with no marks upon them.?

?There have been a few witnesses to some of the deaths,? Ki-Adi Mundi offered. ?They say that a wraith-like creature attacked the people. It was vague and very hard to see. Apparently this wraith just touched the person and sucked the life force right out of them.?

?We suspect the wraith feeds off of the Force-energy.? Mace Windu said gravely. ?In which case a Jedi might seem particularly tasty to them. Also, we have reason to believe that there is more than one creature at work here.?

Qui-Gon suppressed a shiver at the thought of something just sucking the life out of him. ?It sounds very dangerous,? he commented neutrally.

?Dangerous it will be,? Yoda said gravely. ?Ready a transport will be tomorrow afternoon. Take you to Riftan it will. May the Force be with you Qui-Gon Jinn, Narshia Loy?na and Obi-Wan Kenobi.?

The three Jedi bowed. ?And with you, Masters.?

Outside Qui-Gon turned. ?Until tomorrow.? He bowed and quickly walked away, his guilt chasing him the whole way.

4. Jessica Kenobi

Jessica Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2000
    I'm in denial...I hope that Obi-Wan didn't really die, that everyone just thought that he died, but he really is alive,I hope(???)
    If he really did die I'm going to curl up by this computor with a carton of Rocky road...look what you've done to me!
    Post more!!! Jessica Kenobi

5. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    Great job on the story! Can't wait for more

And by the Sith, Obi better not die because if he really did well I'd-I'd---OKAY so I don't know what I'd do, but he just better not die!
    ~Susie

6. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    So the mystery of how has been solved.

mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

But, Obi is not really dead.. is he?!?!? No no.. there is some explaination, soon he and Qui-Gon will get back together, ride off into the sunset and save the galaxy... right?!?!?

BTW this is a wonderfully written story, sad though it may be, please don't torture us with long delays between posts!

7. Kim-kenobi

Kim-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 1999
    wonderful, I already have my tissue standing by. Keep them coming please

Kim B

8. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Ahh yes Your Gimpiness, but what could be more fun then a little Gimpy-Torture?!! DOUBLE GIMPY TORTURE!!!! *takes out feather holding it maliciously towards Gimpy* muahahhhahaha!!!

9. Jedi Milan-Kenobi

Jedi Milan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2000
    I still say we lynch him! mad.gif But poor poor Obi-Wan!

10. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Alright JMG you get one warning. Post or the Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan film strip gets it! No, wait! I mean the video... No.
    Hmmm? I know! I won't post on Promises Kept! Either site! Yeah! That's it!

So please post soon! On both stories on both sites!

11. Sat'zi

Sat'zi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2000
    *Kleenex poised*
    More please! And no, Fan torture is NOT fun, but CRUEL!

12. Jedi Erica Amidala

Jedi Erica Amidala Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 16, 1999
    More!! Please!

I am a proud supporter against Fan Torture.

13. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    No! You killed my baby! Please bring him back! There's got to be a way... He can't be really dead! He can't he can't he can't!
    Please hurry and post more before I have a heart attack! Aaarrgghh!
    (This story is really good, BTW.)

14. Latara

Latara Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2000
    This story is great. Post more. Obi-wan can't be dead. He's too lovable to be dead, right?

15. KirinQ

KirinQ Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 1999
    Please give us more!! Soon?

Qui-Gon angst is a good thing, especially when it is this well written! But Obi-Wan dead?? Aieeeee!!

16. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Absolutely awesome!! I'm so addicted to this thread, it's plot, angst, characters all so incredbily riveting.

17. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Ohh lovely, life sucking thingies. Interesting.
    So this thing like sucked Obi-Wan's life away? EEWWWWW

What hasn't been done to Obi-Wan? LOL
    Great job, you must post more.
    Don't make me use the force. LOL

[This message has been edited by JediKnight-Obi-Wan (edited 04-25-2000).]

18. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Okay!!! Finally!! I've been trying to post this all day and it hasn't let me!! Sorry! Here it is now!! (And mouse2, don't you start threatening me as well!)
    ==========================
    ==========================

The next afternoon Qui-Gon briskly headed for the transport that would take them to Riftan. He got there early so that he could inspect their transport and cabins before hand. Unfortunately, so had Narshia and Obi-Wan. Qui-Gon was a little tongue-tied when he first saw them.

?Hello Master Jinn,? Narshia said with a smile. ?Let me show you to your cabin. We lucked out, there?s a small room for each of us.?

Qui-Gon finally recovered himself and followed the slender woman past a silent Obi-Wan. ?That?s nice.? Inwardly, he was praising the Force for this rare show of kindness. Qui-Gon had been extremely worried that there would only be two rooms and as the two boys in the group Obi-Wan and he would have to share one. Not Qui-Gon?s idea of fun at this point.

So Qui-Gon gave a sigh of relief when he found himself in a not too terribly small room, by himself. He turned to where Narshia hovered in the doorway. ?This will do nicely,? he said politely.

Narshia laughed. ?Better than what we usually get at least.? Qui-Gon offered a small smile in return and then turned back to his room, setting his bag on the narrow bunk. ?We lift off in fifteen standard minutes,? Narshia called in her musical voice as she disappeared back down the hallway.?
    ================
    Sorry it's kinda short! More later!

19. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Good Post. You have shown very well the frame of mind all concerned parties are in at the beginning of this mission. Now please!!!! post more SOON so we can see the actual mission!!

I feel so bad for Obi-Wan, with every post I keep hoping to see some reason to forgive Qui-Gon for deserting such a great young man. Maybe I am just to partial to Obi-Wan to see Qui-Gons point of view.

20. Darth Tristeza

Darth Tristeza Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2000
    Okay, so here's my idea...They can go to another planet where they find mysterious Force-restoring creatures. They can bring Obi there, and...(drum roll please)he's cured!!! Hurray! Then Qui and Obi can have the whole touching reunion scene, and we can all put our tissues away and be happy!

21. Flip A Coin

Flip A Coin Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2000
    LOL Darth Tristeza, my thoughts exactly! I mean, Obi can't stay dead, right? That's just, well, its.........
    ...its incomprehensible!!!!!

22. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Of course he's not dead, because if he was, Gimpy might lose the ability to do the Jedi Jig Of Joy!! Muahahaha!

23. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Heheh, okay okay okay loyal fans of mine!! Kelly, thank you so much for your compliment, I really appreciate it!! The mission is slowly approaching! And Qui-Gon's views will become easier to understand later, I promise! Darth Tristeza, that sounds like a lovely idea but it's not gonna be what happens!! (and no, you peeps don't get a hint about whether or not he actually lives through the story! ) Flip A Coin, with me writing...anything is comprehensible!! And Your Lunettaness, you already know that right now I can't do the Jedi Jig of Joy anyway because of this stupid cast (not to mention ankle) of mine!!

24. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Here's some more for ya! It's kinda short, sorry!
    ================================
    ================================

Narshia frowned to herself as she walked down the ship?s bright corridor. //He is so stubborn! Who does he think he?s fooling with that I-don?t-care-anymore attitude of his? Himself, perhaps. Obi-Wan, perhaps. No one else, though!// she snorted to herself.

Jedi Master Narshia Loy?na was tall, slender and graceful. Her long blond hair hung down to the middle of her back in gentle waves. Her large and expressive aqua, cat-like eyes were often twinkling with mirth, full of quiet sympathy and understanding or filled with a fiery courage. Many opponents underestimated Narshia because of her delicate figure and graceful and relaxed fighting style. Many regretted that when suddenly confronted with her swift and controlled attacks, backed up by muscles of steel.

Narshia frowned again. Qui-Gon was so stubborn! Any sentient being could see that he still loved Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan. Narshia sighed. And he still loved Qui-Gon and would accept Qui-Gon in a second if he asked him to be his Padawan again. For now the boy was too proud to let his love show after Qui-Gon?s rejection.

It hurt to see her Padawan clearly wanting and needing another Master. But Narshia knew that just as Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan were meant to be together, there was a Padawan for her somewhere out there. It was just a matter of finding them. Narshia felt bad for Obi-Wan. He tried so hard to be a good Padawan, but his heart just wasn?t in it.

Narshia walked into the main sitting, dining, and lounging room to where Obi-Wan was still stiffly standing. She pushed aside her thoughts in an attempt to lighten the rather strained atmosphere. ?Almost time to lift off,? she said cheerfully. Obi-Wan nodded.

25. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Uppity uppity uppity up!! YES, I have posted!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.