main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

To Live Life as a Stranger - *A JA fanfic*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by jedi_master_gimpy, Apr 20, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    Look, don't think I'm crazy, but last night I had a stange dream, that there was this 'thing' in this attic of an old house, it had red eyes, and was kind of blueish. I couldn't think where I would have come up with a dream like this, then I remembered this story, and realised I read the last post right before bed. (and I don't usually remember my dreams) weird eh?

2. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    If this story gets any more spooky I will be joining you in that padded room JediCandy!!

The tension felt by our heros was intense! I loved the way Obi-Wan went closer to Qui-Gon when he got scared, exactly what he should do, the one that deep down is the one who makes him feel safe

Loved the post, now get busy and give us more

3. Sat'zi

Sat'zi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2000
    That was so creepy jedi_master-gimpy !

Sent shivers down my... *SHRIEK!!!!*

Oh! nevermind, just the cat.... *AAHHH!!

Oh! nevermind, just the blinking answering machine light.

*notices everyone staring at her*

Uh...I think I'll go now. Yeah.

4. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    I agree, very creepy, very good.

5. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    Freaky eek.gif but very cool cool.gif . POST!

6. Norbooboo

Norbooboo Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2000
    How to rate a fanfic~~~~
    1) Increased heart rate (check)

2) Feeling that someone is watching you (check)

3) Urge to check for updates everytime passing computer (check)

Well I'm three for three. I love this story. If I could create the same mood, weave the same intricate character relationships that you do, I would be a very, very happy little fanfic writer. Have I groveled enough? I really really really really really love this story. Please post as fast as real life will allow you. Sorry to babble- its a character flaw.

7. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Freaky. RUN WHILE YOU CAN OBI.
    Of course that wouldn't be Jedi like now would it? LOL

Another post here would hot.

8. Ejedir

Ejedir Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2000
    Ssspppoookkkkyyy. I'm shivering and ccchhhaattterrinnng so much I can't even type! Post more soon. eek.gif

P.S. Thanks for the encouragement and comments on mine

9. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Heheh, *LOL* you guys!! I was cracking up reading your replies!! But I'm sorry if it scared you! Too bad, too 'cause there's gonna be a few more scenes like that in the very near future... Wow, my story is even in your dreams Tenel'Ka?!? And thanks, Norbooboo!! You're welcome, Ejedir. And here's more for everyone! (I hope it doesn't scare ya!) It's the same scene from the wraith's POV.
    ===================================
    ===================================

It watched silently, red eyes glowing. Silently, stealthily, hungrily. It was hungry. It was so much harder to find food now. It was getting weaker and weaker, until they had come. The wraith watched the three humans, following them, stalking them through its tunnels. Tunnels it knew. Tunnels it could trap its unsuspecting prey in.

The wraith could wait patiently for as long as it took. The hunted never escaped the hunter for long. The indistinct, smoky form glided through the shadows, leaving no footprints, no visible sign of its passing. It was quiet, and no one noticed it was there until it was almost, usually always, too late. Like the three people it was following now.

The wraith had followed them since they had first entered the building. It was hungry. They were so strong, so bright in the Force, like a beacon calling to it?come, eat. Be strong. He followed, biding his time. Which would taste best? The taller, stronger one, whose mind hinted at rough, strong experience? The delicate, sweeter taste of the woman?s presence? Or the soft, younger innocence of the child?

It was content to wait.

Either, all would do. It was hungry. Two bright red orbs followed them across the tunnel. Almost time?no. The taller one looked up. The wraith crouched, and the man?s eyes passed over it, going on?and coming back. It had spotted him. A small hiss escaped the wraith?s thin, vague lips. No. They were alerted to his presence now. Even as it watched, his prey began to inch away.

The wraith let them go. It could stop them, but no. It would be easier to wait for them to come back. For he knew they would. He could feel it. And then, he would taste their minds. He would taste the thrilling sense of fear that spiked to a climax in their minds as he hunted them down one by one.

The wraith watched them go. Watched. Waited.

10. OldSkippy

OldSkippy Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2000
    Poor Obi-Wan -- "I've got a bad feeling about this"

Why don't they leave the poor kid at the hotel and send for Master Fox Mulder who absolutely adores this sort of thing, or would except: There is no passion, there is serenity

Terrific descriptions btw

11. Jessica Kenobi

Jessica Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2000
    Excellent writing Master Gimpy! I've been reading all along, going into withdrawels when you don't post! I read your other story and that was wonderfully written also! except I think that one had a happier ending than this one is going to! *waaa*! I was afraid of monsters under my bed before, but now there are creatures that even my WalMart Qui-GOn lightsaber can't protect me from?!?!
    Thanks a lot J/K Keep Posting!

12. JediCandy

JediCandy Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    Les yeux sans visage - eyes without a face
    Got no human grace your eyes without a face.
    Such a human waste your eyes without a face
    And now it's getting worse.

------?Eyes Without a Face? by Billy Idol

I thought this was appropriate. Needs some follow up with Molly Hatchet's "Flirtin' With Disaster" to round it out.

JediCandy
    eek.gif eek.gif eek.gif

13. Sat'zi

Sat'zi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2000
    Eep! eek.gif

Wonderful descriptions, jedi_master_gimpy!

I only ask for more! Even though the electricity bill will most likely go through the roof since I can't sleep with the lights turned off.

14. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Heheh, *LOL* you guys!! Yep Skippy, I could see 'Master' Fox Mulder taking care of this!

Jessica - ROTFLMHO!! Heheh, you must learn not to depend on your sight or your WalMart Qui-Gon lightsaber - they may lead you astray! Concentrate and trust in solely the Force!!

JediCandy, that poem certainly fits!

Sat'zi, *LOL*!! Heheh, electric bill through the roof indeed!!

I'll post some more tomorrow, okay everybody?

15. Jessica Kenobi

Jessica Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2000
    Tomorrow???? You think I'll live till tomorrow without going insane? "You assume to much"! well ok, I'll be sitting with my nose plastered to the screen! Oh yeah thanks for the tip, I'll rely on the force!

16. Jedi Milan-Kenobi

Jedi Milan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2000
    Blair Witch Project...Star Wars Style:
    Narisha: Tell me where you are Obi-Wan! Tell me where you are!
    Qui-Gon (running and screaming around like a little girl): We are gonna die out here!
    (Narisha slaps Qui-Gon upside the head): Well it is YOUR fault. Maybe if you were not one to wallow in your own self pity you would see that Obi-Wan is your padawan and you should get your (censord)and take him back!
    Qui-Gon: Oh my god! (Hyperventalates) It's the pile of sticks.

jedi_master_gimpy....great job!
    Narisha: Shut up.

17. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    How cruel of you, waiting to post until tomorrow!!!! I unfortunately do not have a Wal-Mart Qui-gon lightsaber for security, I guess I will have to rely on my trusty Yoda night-light to keep me safe. Not that I will get much sleep with the thought of those red eyes waiting to suck the life out of me.

I also still have the need to walk up to Qui-Gon, slap him upside the head and yell at him to get over himself, quit sulking and start treating my boy better!!!

Sorry, bad day at work and I need to tell somebody off and between a Jedi Master and the President of your Company QGJ seems the easiest target right at the moment mad.gif

18. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Yo Gimpy, it's tomorrow! This story is awesome, and ooh so creepy. I love it! Very cool.
    Can't wait for the next post!

19. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Creepy!

I do have an Obi-Wan lightsabre and my trusty Jedi Teddy, (Dressed up from the Obi-Wan Kid's costume I got on sale), Don't know what to name hime though...

Still, I'm scared witless!

20. Ejedir

Apr 16, 2000
    How 'bout dead Ben Bear? j/k he's not dead yet, and Your Gimpyness, I'd like to keep ot that way. Or if you find it in your heart that you must kill him. Reincarnation. . . now that's a thought . Keep going. Post soon.

21. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Heheh, your comments cracked me up!! Kelly, I hope your next day at work is better! And Bastet...here ya go!! *LOL* Ejedir!! Reincarnation...? Hm.... (beware in future stories.... Mwuhahahah!)
    =======================
    =======================

Obi-Wan tossed and turned in his bed, trying to get comfortable enough to sleep. Trying not to think about that afternoon. About the wraith. The teenager changed positions on the bed, plumping up his pillow and trying to calm his racing mind. He saw two glowing red orbs. Obi-Wan opened his eyes. It was no use. He couldn?t sleep. The vision of what had happened in the underground tunnels that afternoon was too new in his mind. And it scared him.

He hadn?t even sensed it. And that was what frightened him so much. Obi-Wan had been walking down the tunnels, thinking everything was fine and not even knowing that that thing had been following them for the Force knew how long. Stalking them. Hunting them. And they hadn?t even known it.

Qui-Gon and Narshia had talked it over when they had gotten back to the hotel. Obi-Wan had been in his room when they sat in the sitting room, talking in hushed tones. They hadn?t wanted him to hear, hadn?t wanted to frighten him. It was too late for that, Obi-Wan though wryly.

?That thing was dangerous,? Qui-Gon said softly. ?We must stop it and any others like it before they kill again.?

?Yes,? Narshia agreed. ?But we have to be careful. We didn?t even know it is following us. How can we fight an enemy we can?t sense, much less see??

?Very, very carefully,? Qui-Gon had said grimly.

Obi-Wan shuddered at the memory. He wished Qui-Gon hadn?t gone back to his own rooms. The young Jedi knew that Narshia was just about as skilled with the lightsaber as his former master, yet her presence somehow wasn?t as reassuring and strong as Qui-Gon?s.

And Obi-Wan had a bad feeling about the future. Something elusive. Something in the near future, a dark place that shrouded him. Obi-Wan buried his head into his pillow and tried to sleep.

22. Kid Jedi

Kid Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2000
    I have a bad feeling about this!!!

Somebody's gonna get it....I sense a nasty wraith creature about to feast on a Jedi?

23. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    How sweet, Obi-Wan wanting the comfort of his former master's presence. Only it makes me feel so bad for Narshia. Good thing for her she's a strong, secure woman, so unlike the 'boys'.

24. Ejedir

Apr 16, 2000
    *dances around the thread* she posted more!(I got this from lunetta-blame her, she's a bad influnece just kiddin. . .) Okay, here's my opinion on the 'feeling bad for Narshia.' See, the thing in all this, is, that Narshia wants for the 'boys' to get back together if possible. It even says that she wants to get Qui-Gon to see his mistake. She understands what's happening, and that's why, I think, that she doesn't mind, (right now anyway) that Obi-Wan longs for Qui-Gon's security, and still(though not all the way consciously) leans on him for support. Am I right Your Gimpyness, if not, tell me to shut-up and explain it to me.

25. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Poor Obi-Wan, If he would just listen to me and RUN! LOL
    heheheehee
    Great post gimpy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.