main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends To love someone - A/T viggie

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Elfsheen, Nov 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Title: To Love Someone
    Author: Elfsheen
    Genre: Drama
    Characters: Anakin Solo, Tahiri Veila
    Time period: NJO
    Disclaimer: The usual I don't own SW and I'm not making money of this, it's all fun
    Author's note: I was planning to write something like this with Lonestar's I'm already there in mind, but someone else used that song for a very good viggy, so the poem below is written in mind with Lonestar's song.

[b]To love someone[/b]

I sat alone on a rock overlooking the mighty sea of Mon Calamari. In other times I would have taken immense pleasure in seeing such a beautiful and powerful ocean. Once I would have taken pleasure in just a peaceful moment by myself. Once, not anymore. Now everything seemed a shade of grey, less colourful and more dimmed than it used too. Before. Before my best friend died. Before. Before my soul mate died. Before Anakin was taken away from me. I would have called Anakin my lover, except that we never really got to that point and now we never would. Intense regret flooded me. The distant crash of the waves upon the rocks suddenly suited my mind.

I heard him come up behind me. ?Jacen.? I greeted him. It?s not that I dislike Jacen, I actually like him very much. And of all the people I knew I think he knew best what it was that I was going through. Only I just wanted to be alone right now. I wanted to try and come to term with my feelings. He couldn?t help me with that.

Almost as if he knew my thoughts he said, ?I know what you?re trying to do. I also know that I can?t help you with that, but I have something for you.?

He was standing behind me so I couldn?t see his face, but I sensed that he was on edge about something. ?If it is the kiss Anakin asked you to give me, you don?t have to. It is the gesture that is precious to me not the action.?

?You heard that?? Jacen asked surprised.

?No, I didn?t. It?s something Anakin would do. He was my best friend you know.? I think Jacen was taken aback, because he was silent for a few moments.

?I can?t tell you how sorry I am Tahiri. I wish things could have been different.? Jacen sat down beside me on the rock, but he didn?t look at me.

?They aren?t. They are what they are and there?s nothing I can do to undo what has happened. If it wasn?t the kiss, then what was it?? I probably didn?t sound very nice, but I really wanted to be alone.

?I didn?t know why Anakin gave me this. Force knows we weren?t on the best of terms at the time, but he did. And he wanted me to give it you if something- if something happened.? Jacen reached inside his jacket and took out a white envelope. I saw my name on it in Anakin?s handwriting.

?Oh.? I said as I took the envelope. It was my turn to be surprised. Anakin rarely wrote and this was very un-Anakin like.

Jacen looked at me for a few more seconds. His gaze lingered uncomfortable on my face. Then he stood up. ?Take care of yourself Tahiri. Remember, you are family.?

He cupped my face; his thumbs softly caressed my cheekbones before kissed me gently on the lips. Then, without a word, he walked way.

For a confused moment I felt torn and then I looked at the envelope bearing my name. Could I really open it?

I don?t know how long I sat there, on the rock, staring at the envelope before I opened it. Only to see Anakin?s handwriting brought unbidden tears to my eyes. I took a deep breath and started reading.

[i]Dear Tahiri,

When you read this the mission must have gone wrong and I?m no longer alive. I can?t tell you how sorry I am. I wanted nothing more to be with you for the rest of my life, but now this is no longer possible.

I can?t begin to imagine how you feel, but I remember when I almost lost you on Yavin Four. Even to begin to imagine my life without you was almost unbearable.

But I didn?t loose you, instead you lost me. Tahiri, I know this must be very hard and you must feel terrible alone right now and I don?t pretend it will go away. Force, what do I know of these things. One th

2. JainaSticksSolo19

JainaSticksSolo19 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 31, 2003
    i come home from school and see this. so i'll read i said to myself.
    and it made me cry.
    it was so good.
    i really love this vig.
    there aren't many A/T but this is really good. hope to see more writing from you.

~JSS19

3. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    :_| so sad :_| a letter from Anakin after he's dead...... :_| And Tahiri coming to terms with his death was even more depressing.

Thanks for ruining my day :_|

:p Good viggie, Elfsheen! Always enjoy your stuff :)

4. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    that was awesome

5. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
    that was really good

poor tahiri

6. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Very poignant, Elfsheen.

I?ll always be with you.
    I?ll be the sun shining down on you
    I?ll be the song the winds sing
    Where ever you may be
    I?ll be there.

Beautiful ending. You have a poetic soul. :)

7. The_Jesstar

The_Jesstar Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    That was sooo sweet Elfsheen!!

Everybody say 'Awwwww'

AWWWWWWWWWWW! That was great! And Jacen giving the letter was very fitting!

8. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    JainaSticksSolo19: Sorry! I didn't meant to make you cry! Thanks for reading!

YodaKenobi: yeah i seem to write depresing things lately, but it was a little beautiful too, wasn't it?

JAGSGURL15: Thankies! :)

forceaddict: Thanks to you too! :)

Tahi: hehehe, could you convince my lit teacher? 8-}

The_Jesstar: awwww, thank you! :)

9. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    yeah i seem to write depresing things lately, but it was a little beautiful too, wasn't it?

Oh yeah! I didn't mean to imply it wasn't. I like sad stories :D

10. tenelfan14

tenelfan14 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2003
    Wow. I loved it! Sighh. Just makes a person all fluffy and quiet inside...:D Great one!

*standing ovation*

11. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    YK: I know you thought so. it was more or less a general comment. Everyone always goes for the "oowww it's sooo sad" part first ;)

TKF14: awww, thank you. That's sweet!

12. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    UP UP UP! :)

13. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
  14. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

_Jedi_of_Destiny_ Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2003
    :_| That was so sweet. Anakin never seemed the poetic type but it's glad to see he'll change for Tahiri. :)

?Take care of yourself Tahiri. Remember, you are family.?

Aw. Jacen is a sweetie too. :)

I enjoy you're writing Elfsheen. :D

15. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Awww, that was soo sweet and so sad! *sniffs* I like it a lot!

:Targeter:

16. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    wow, that was so sweet and touching, the letter had me sniffling. Beautiful. And I love the song it was based on too! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.