main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends To Love Thy Friend, Jag/Shawnkyr--romance, vignette series-- vignette 4, posted 4/4

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Flowerlady, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    PRINCESSCAMBRIA
    I really enjoyed that. What a beautiful setting for their 1st time together.I was suprised Kyrn made the 1st move though. More please!!!!
    Thanks so much for reading. I'm glad you liked the mountain. :) I wanted the setting to be wild and new just as their love was. Yes, em, about Kyrn making the first move. I actually debated that but thought it could be pulled off. I was afraid that if I had Jag make the first move it may come off too much like their first time together in Inara's Friends No More. Besides, I'm also characterizing Shawnkyr as not your typical Chiss. She isn't human but she has learned to accecpt Jag and doen't necessarily see him as just human, plus she is in love with him too.

FL @};-

2. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    I would have been here sooner, but you updated on a day I work - when I can't check the boards *chuckle*

It was worth the wait :D

I adore this scene. It shows that their weaknesses are going to be possibly comprimising, and to be frank I can't wait to see what happens when they get back to Csilla. It should be interesting to see if they can stay away from one another or even *gasp* pretend nothing happened when such a powerful attraction draws them

I admit to being concerned. Kyrn might not appreciate the situation she's in and agree to be "married off" for an alliance sake.

These vigs are very well written and the last scene was very tastefully done. :) =D=

3. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    Jade_Max
    I would have been here sooner, but you updated on a day I work - when I can't check the boards *chuckle*
    That's okay you're here now...
    It was worth the wait :D
    Thanks..
    I adore this scene. It shows that their weaknesses are going to be possibly comprimising, and to be frank I can't wait to see what happens when they get back to Csilla. It should be interesting to see if they can stay away from one another or even *gasp* pretend nothing happened when such a powerful attraction draws them
    Well, the next vignette will actually jump forward to the end of the war, remember though this is being written in the context of my fic Always Have, Always Will, which means that Jag isn't shot down by Leia and in fact comes out of the war a hero. But the story will flash back to their time after retuning and will be quite interesting indeed.:D
    I admit to being concerned. Kyrn might not appreciate the situation she's in and agree to be "married off" for an alliance sake.
    Oh, don't be that concerned, Kyrn is honestly in love with Jag and, although, she may not like the situation, she is willing to accept it for Jag. In fact, if you would like a clue as to how this is all going to end, just read the very last story post of Always Have, Always Will and you will see. [face_whistling]
    These vigs are very well written and the last scene was very tastefully done. :) =D=
    Thanks again for your kind words...[face_blush]

4. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Sorry I'm so late! I've been in Boston this past weekend and only just returned.

I think from now on, my responses my consist of using the [face_love] emoticon over and over again.

I love the progression of the relationship that Jag and Kyrn have. It's also a relief to know that things will end well for them, but I'm dying to know how they will get there, especially because their families are not cool with the idea of them together.

To a Chiss actions always spoke louder than words but humans needed to hear the words as well and often believed the words over the actions.

And it was his human nature to say the words to her, which spurred him to speak, his voice full of the emotion he felt

I loved that bit. It's so in character, for both of them.

Great update, FL!! I'm already waiting for more!

5. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    Inara
    Sorry I'm so late! I've been in Boston this past weekend and only just returned.
    Hope you had fun...
    I think from now on, my responses my consist of using the [face_love] emoticon over and over again.
    I'm really glad that you liked it.[face_blush]
    I love the progression of the relationship that Jag and Kyrn have. It's also a relief to know that things will end well for them, but I'm dying to know how they will get there, especially because their families are not cool with the idea of them together.
    Thanks, I was hoping that it didn't come off too rushed because that is not how their love did progress. It actually took the 5 years between the end of the Vong war to now for them to even admit to each other that they loved each other. But because they had harbored those feelings for so long, their passion for each other came to a boiling point.

To a Chiss actions always spoke louder than words but humans needed to hear the words as well and often believed the words over the actions.

And it was his human nature to say the words to her, which spurred him to speak, his voice full of the emotion he felt

I loved that bit. It's so in character, for both of them.
    Thanks, it just seemed to be so natural for them to think these thinigs.
    Great update, FL!! I'm already waiting for more!
    I've got the next viggy almost completely hand written and it will be a monster. Not even sure how long it will be typed but I don't want to split it up any way. So, hopefully I'll have it up Wednesday or Thrusday...

FL @};-

6. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    Here is the next post. And I must first apologize for the length of this. However, I did not want to split it up. The next viggy will not be quite so long, though.

Also, for those who are reading this and haven't read Always Have, Always Will, I must mention that I played with the cannon of DN quite alot. I made Jag into a hero and an asset to the Chiss not a disappointment.

Hope you all enjoy!!!! :)

Vignette Three (one year later, immediately after the Killik War)

~Love Will Prevail~

Jag and Shawnkyr were lead to their table by a silver protocol droid. They were in one of the best restaurants the Imperial Remnant planet of Bastion had to offer. After being seated at the private table Jag requested, he ordered a bottle of fine champagne. As the droid moved away, Jag smiled at the Chiss woman across the intimate table from him.

?You are staring again, Tako,? she said without taking her eyes from the menu screen before her. But Jag could see her fighting the urge to smile by her compressing her delicate lips into a straight line.

?There is nothing that I?d rather stare at. You are absolutely breathtaking tonight.? Jag was having a hard time not to stare at her. They were both dressed formally, he was wearing a simple suit of black but Shawnkyr was stunning in the floor length black gown she wore to perfection. It was fitted, off the shoulders, long sleeved, and had a low rounded neckline that showed off her long neck. The fabric was a matte black but had a slivery thread woven throughout which would catch the light interestingly, making her sparkle. Her hair was left free to fall down her back with silver clips holding it away from her face and she wore simple silver jewelry of a chain necklace and earrings, both of which Jag had given to her.

She looked up and was not able to fight the smile any longer, ?You had better decide your order.?

?Ah, but I already know what I want, Ailen Mel? he said and watched her eyes twinkle in the low light of the dining room, she had gotten his double meaning.

Jag remembered the past year with a mix of emotions. He loved Shawnkyr and she loved him but they had had their share of differences and heart aches. They came back from Zaria to discover something that could have destroyed them both. But when they lost it they held each other not wanting to lose anything else. However, despite the pain it caused them they looked upon it as an omen and decided that maybe they should try to go back to being just friends.

Jag had received a promotion to captain and was given command of the Star Destroyer Fell Defender. Shawnkyr and the squadron she commanded were reassigned to another ship. Although, at the time Jag was furious, sure that her father had something to do with her reassignment, he was glad for it because Shawnkyr was removed from the worst part of the fighting; whereas, he was placed in the thick of it. However, before the conflict was over with the rescue of the Joiner Jedi and the destruction of the Dark Nest, she was reassigned again, this time directly under Jag?s command.

Jag tried to honor their agreement to only be friends but neither of them was truly happy and their friendship suffered. Finally, after she was nearly shot down and his not being able to take another sleepless night, he had made his way to her quarters under the pretense of visiting her as she recuperated from her mild injuries. They had been lovers ever since, deciding living in secret was easier than pretending they did not love each other.

Now, the war was over. Jag had actually come out of it with several service accommodations and there was a rumor that his name had been mentioned for promotion to a Fleet Admiral. Jag did what he had set out to do; he proved his worth to the Chiss. Now, if he could prove to the Chiss that he considered them worth his talents.

They ordered their meals and toasted the end of the war. They

7. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    That was great! glad that they are getting married!

8. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    Another great post. My favorite part is when Jag is talking to his father about the possiblity of loving someone outside their species. It was so heartfelt.:_| Also I liked Kyrn reflecting on the different types of marriages from her parents to her own to Jag. More please soon![face_batting]

9. BurntTheMacaroni

BurntTheMacaroni Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2005
    As much as i usually dont like Jag, i think i just dont like him when he's with jaina ;)

Hey.. I think Chiss and Human children could be possible... ::Shrugs::

everytime i think about two speices mingling.. i think of Corran.. and his alergic reaction to his lover(im a bad Corran fan.. gah! i forgot what creature she was). Either way

GREAT STORY POSTIE THINGIES! I love em :) I love seeing some Soontir Syal stuff. They are a rare couple on the forums as well. Keep it up FL!

10. mastermeg_0228

mastermeg_0228 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2006
    first off i love it when people write long chapters like that and that was amazing. So juicy!

Holy cow, Jag and Kyrn breaking up then getting back together, him proposing, his revelation about her being pregnant, his heartfelt sentiment, her and her father talking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] =D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

can't wait for the last part!!!! great work

meg

11. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    Alishu06
    That was great! glad that they are getting married!
    Thanks so much for reading....:)

PRINCESSCAMBRIA
    Another great post. My favorite part is when Jag is talking to his father about the possiblity of loving someone outside their species. It was so heartfelt.:_| Also I liked Kyrn reflecting on the different types of marriages from her parents to her own to Jag. More please soon![face_batting]
    Thanks...[face_blush]
    Those are probably my favorite parts too...:)

BurntTheMacaroni
    As much as i usually dont like Jag, i think i just dont like him when he's with jaina ;)
    I am so glad to see you stop by to give this a try. :) Yes, I used to be a Jag-hater too. But after reading some of the Shag stories out there, I realized it wasn't Jag I didn't like but it was the 'ship J/J.

Hey.. I think Chiss and Human children could be possible... ::Shrugs::
    I don't know if they would be in cannon or not. But for this story and for the sequel to AHAW, I made it possible....As I hinted above their future daughter is a main character in that peice...:D

everytime i think about two speices mingling.. i think of Corran.. and his alergic reaction to his lover(im a bad Corran fan.. gah! i forgot what creature she was). Either way
    I didn't know he had a non-human lover. :eek: Okay, now how many inter-species relationships came off the pen of Stackpole? Maybe he should write a book about Jag and Shawnkyr...[face_thinking]
    GREAT STORY POSTIE THINGIES! I love em :) I love seeing some Soontir Syal stuff. They are a rare couple on the forums as well. Keep it up FL!
    Thanks...[face_blush] And your right, there isn't much out there about Soontir and Syal. But if you are looking for an interesting story about them and their relationship to Wedge, I might suggest Inara's sequel to Friends No More, which is called Besieged and is a work in progess on the boards now. But you don't need to read FNM to read Besieged.

mastermeg_0228
    first off i love it when people write long chapters like that and that was amazing. So juicy!
    Thanks, I wasn't sure how it would go over...:)
    Holy cow, Jag and Kyrn breaking up then getting back together, him proposing, his revelation about her being pregnant, his heartfelt sentiment, her and her father talking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well, I had said their relationship would be anything but easy...[face_devil]
    ABSOLUTELY AMAZING[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] =D= =D= =D= =D= =D=
    Thank you, Thank you....[face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush]
    can't wait for the last part!!!! great work
    Gees, thanks....

FL @};-

12. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    OMG!!! :oops: I missed posts??? :_| *kicks self* [face_beatup] (Sorry had a hecktic week[face_blush]:p)

Viggie 2 - well what can I say . . . it was ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANTLY AMAZING!!! :D ;) :D The decriptions blew me away, and the kiss between Jag and Shawnkyr was fantastically writing!!! [face_love] Well done!!!=D=

*Reads viggie 3 . . .*

Sithin' hell !!!

:eek: *falls off chair* :eek: *climbs back up to double check the screen*

the parents came round to the idea?![face_thinking]:) [face_dancing] :D Woo hoo!!!:p

Again purely mind-blowing writing FL, it gets better every time!!!=D= [face_mischief] :) :p :D =D=

Seriously can't wait for more!!![face_batting] [face_batting] [face_batting]

Thanks for the PM, sorry for my late reply![face_blush]

13. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    SITH_MAYO
    OMG!!! :oops: I missed posts??? :_| *kicks self* [face_beatup] (Sorry had a hecktic week[face_blush]:p)
    That's okay, you're here now...:D
    Viggie 2 - well what can I say . . . it was ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANTLY AMAZING!!! :D ;) :D The decriptions blew me away, and the kiss between Jag and Shawnkyr was fantastically writing!!! [face_love] Well done!!!=D=
    Thank you....[face_blush]
    *Reads viggie 3 . . .*

Sithin' hell !!!

:eek: *falls off chair* :eek: *climbs back up to double check the screen*

the parents came round to the idea?![face_thinking]:) [face_dancing] :D Woo hoo!!!:p

Yes, they do but we will meet Jag's soon-to-be mother-in-law in the next post...[face_devil] And every one gets something, it's not just a match made in heaven but Chiss heaven as well....[face_love]
    Again purely mind-blowing writing FL, it gets better every time!!!=D= [face_mischief] :) :p :D =D= Thank you again....[face_blush] [face_blush]
    Seriously can't wait for more!!![face_batting] [face_batting] [face_batting]
    Soon...I want to get this one done so I can start the Tahiri/Valin vignettes. Then I'll start posting the sequel to all of this....Where we will see what the kids are up to...[face_devil]
    Thanks for the PM, sorry for my late reply![face_blush]
    Your welcome....:)

FL @};-

14. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    I have to say I think Jagged's conversation with his parents was amazingly well done. His questions after the fact as to what his father would have done had Sayl been an alien was hitting the nail on the head. Hit em where it hurts!

I loved this - the emotions in it were very powerfully written and expressed, especially wih the body language. I can't picture Kyrn fiddling with anything, but by fiddling with the ring on her finger it gives the impression of exactly how much she wants her father's approval.. and Thevan wanting to speak with Marel is priceless! No love match, but he obviously understands his mate!

Wonderful job - I just about fel out of my chair when Jag revealed that Shawnie had been carrying his child. Nice twist!

15. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Great update!!!!

I loved the look into the different families and enjoyed the different reactions to it. It made sense that they would act that way - ultimately, the biggest selling point for Jag and Kyrn's marriage isn't their love for each other but the value in such an alliance. Though I thought it was sweet that Jag's contingency plan was to send her to live with Wedge.

And Kyrn miscarried? :_| I'm glad to see you made her able to get pregnant (you are so much braver than I!). I hope we get to see more details, like what exactly happened and how they broke up the first time.

I can't wait to see more!!!

16. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    Jade_Max
    I have to say I think Jagged's conversation with his parents was amazingly well done. His questions after the fact as to what his father would have done had Sayl been an alien was hitting the nail on the head. Hit em where it hurts!
    Thank you....[face_blush] I wanted to hit on some of the cultural differences. Like humans usually marry for love, the Chiss marry for what will benefit them most...
    I loved this - the emotions in it were very powerfully written and expressed, especially wih the body language. I can't picture Kyrn fiddling with anything, but by fiddling with the ring on her finger it gives the impression of exactly how much she wants her father's approval.. and Thevan wanting to speak with Marel is priceless! No love match, but he obviously understands his mate!
    Thank you, I like to give the reader an all around idea of what the character is thinking, doing and feeling, not just what they are saying. Well, Kyrn's fiddling with her ring did seem a little out of character for her but I wanted to show that she really wanted her father to see it her way. She wanted to be able to love Jag and be married to him but she would not disobey him. And yes, Thevan understands his wife quite well...
    Wonderful job - I just about fel out of my chair when Jag revealed that Shawnie had been carrying his child. Nice twist!
    Thanks again. And the surprise miscarriage. Well, for those who read Always Have, Always Will know that the Fels (J/S) are 6 months pregnant at the wedding of Jaina and Kyp so it may not have been that big of a surprise for them, but for those reading this without the benefit of putting up with my K/Jer mushiness were probably pretty shocked.:D

Inara
    Great update!!!!
    Thank you....[face_blush]
    I loved the look into the different families and enjoyed the different reactions to it. It made sense that they would act that way - ultimately, the biggest selling point for Jag and Kyrn's marriage isn't their love for each other but the value in such an alliance. Though I thought it was sweet that Jag's contingency plan was to send her to live with Wedge.
    That was what I wanted to get across and even Jag understood that to convince Kyrn he would have to show her what an alliance with him would do for her. She is Chiss after all even if she did love him. And the bit about Wedge, that was really a last straw. Neither one of them really knew what to do when she found out she was pregnant...
    And Kyrn miscarried? :_| I'm glad to see you made her able to get pregnant (you are so much braver than I!). I hope we get to see more details, like what exactly happened and how they broke up the first time.
    Well, more of that will come out in the next post as flashbacks and from Kyrn's POV. I have to admit I'm beginning to wish I'd simply written this in multi part story fashion but as I mentioned before I wasn't sure how I would characterize Shawnkyr nor did I really want to get into the whole Dark Nest saga, especially since I completely changed what happened in cannon. But I have always liked her as a character but wasn't even sure if I could pull off that Chiss (sorry for this but it is how I think of them) "Spockiness" (Yes, the Chiss remind me of Mr. Spock from Star Trek. Now, don't every one start throwing rotten veggies at me... :p ) Although, I still find her somewhat difficult to write and that is why most of this is written from Jag's POV, the more I write her the easier it comes for me to keep her in character. Well, at least I hope. :)
    I can't wait to see more!!!
    Soon....And that post is beginninig to look like a monster of a post too...LOL

FL @};-

17. BurntTheMacaroni

May 16, 2005
    I do believe the count that i recall is two.

one was Corran and the Selonian, named Chertyl Ruluwoor. Theirs ended after a.. ahem.. night of fun, when they both realized their alergy to each other. The result was said to be "Like sunburn covering your whole body". Very funny part to read in the story... it was one of the first hints you get that Mirax likes Corran. Iella is the one telling the story(weird), cuz according to Corran, Iella tells it better...

the other was Gavin Darklighter and the Bothan, Asyr Sei'lar. they had planned to marry and adopt children, even though Borsk was TOTALLY against it.. as well as the rest of the Bothan population... But at one point(i dont remember exactly, sorry!) everyone thought she had died, but she didnt, and went undercover with the help of Booster.

Now.. you can also count the little erm.. section.. in Requiem For A Rogue(i believe it was that one, sorry if im wrong i dont have my graphic novels in front of me). Where they find a group of Bothans, and Hobbie(i think) and Wes(again, i think), have a little.. erm.. late-night fun with the Female Bothans....

It seems Mr. Stackpole is a big supporter of inter-species relationships...

18. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    BurntTheMacaroni
    Now that I read your response ^^^ I remember Corran's relationship being mentioned in I Jedi, I think. But didn't Stackpole also put Wedge with the Imperial scientist he was guarding or was that Anderson? I really don't remember much about her but I think her name was Qux or something...? [face_thinking]

FL @};-

Edit: Hey, Glad that you checked out Inara's fic. She really rocks and is easily one of my favorite writers on the boards....:D

19. BurntTheMacaroni

May 16, 2005

I think Anderson paired those two together.. If i'm correct, I, Jedi came after the Jedi Academy trilogy... Although he did write a bit on it. Like when Corran and Iella were eating before he left to the Academy...

I forgot what happend to the scientist.... Heck i dont remember how to spell her name lol.

Edit: oh NOWWW i remember.. Kyppie erased her memory haha

20. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    BurntTheMacaroni
    I forgot what happend to the scientist.... Heck i dont remember how to spell her name lol.

Edit: oh NOWWW i remember.. Kyppie erased her memory haha

Maybe, Kyppie erased our memories of her too.....[face_laugh]

FL @};-

21. BurntTheMacaroni

May 16, 2005

hahaha!!! I think he did!!! Wedge is better with Iella anyways ;)

One thing i just realized.. none of these relationships lasted!!! Well i mean Wedge and Mrs. Quihrgjk;iyrkjsd might have, cuz they both loved each other... buuuuuut.. Kyppie... And his mind erasin....

22. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    ^^^That is true that none of them lasted but maybe they could have... but that is an interesting point...

Yah I agree Wedge is better off with Iella...

FL @};-

23. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    WOOT! Yay, I loved it, more soon please!

*sniffle* Poor Shawny and Jag, and they're poor baby!! What a cute little purple guy he would have been!

24. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    AvenKiel
    WOOT! Yay, I loved it, more soon please!
    Thanks so much for reading...[face_blush]
    *sniffle* Poor Shawny and Jag, and they're poor baby!! What a cute little purple guy he would have been!
    Well, actually not sure that their kids will be purple... I'm thinking that they will be very light blue...:p

FL @};-

25. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    Just upping this...:D

Hope to have the next post up by tomorrow night board time....

FL @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.