main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends To Love Utterly, Truly. L/M; post: 02-07!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jan 18, 2013.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: To Love Utterly, Truly by Jade_eyes.

Disclaimer: Borrowing for fun and adopted this beautiful bunny from Briannakin; novel it was inspired by is Janette Oke's Love Comes Softly. :)

AN: Postings will be every other week. :) mavjade, I got the tags to work using keyboard [face_dancing] Thanks. @};-

~~~

Prelude

Mara Jade had been married to Aves, one of Talon Karrde's chief employees. Their daughter, Tryna, was 18 months old. Aves had been one of the lost casualties during a botched meeting with a so-called reliable contact. Aves' best friend was Duston Lorgan, a Jedi historian on Ossus. She went to stay with him and his wife, Adalia, and there she met LUke Skywalker.

++++

And the rest was history. LOL

AN: Adalia & Duston will be my OC's [face_batting]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    i love the Love comes softly series by Janette Oke! Tag me!

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I'm game. Tag!

4. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    Same here. Tag please!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    YES! YES! YES! Someone finally adopted this marvellous bunny (it has been driving me insane for the past year!). PLEASE TAG ME!

6. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Hmm! Interesting setup. I'm curious now. Tag please?

7. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Love comes softly was one of the best books that I read by her. :) Whatever company that made it into a movie messed up the entire series though. :mad:

Can youlet me know when this get updated?

8. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Interesting start. Tags when you continue, Jade_eyes. :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks to the very talented serendipityaey for helping out with suggestions @};- [face_love] !!

~~~~

Luke had never seen such a beautiful woman in his life. Mara's eyes sparkled like gems & her voice was musical.

Mara was the friend of friends of his: Duston and adalia. Her story was a tragic one; and her daughter,
    Tryna, a lively vivacious youngling who had hazel eyes and red-gold curls. She didn't know a stranger and her large eyes took in everything. Luke heard
    that Mara was great at managing and delegating, so he thought he would like to hire her as his archivist and press liaison.

For her part, Mara didn't want charity, but she did want her skills to be used. She didn't mind being in one spot; traipsing from one sector to the next
    didn't appeal to her any longer. It wouldn't be fair to Tryna and she didn't want to leave her in the care of nanny-droids, especially after losing her father. Mara was a pragmatist, and the grief she felt she could keep at bay until the evenings after the bustle of work was over. Sometimes, she allayed this with spending time with Adalia or relaxing with Tryna. (She had had one or two times of tearful despondency early on.) Now, Mara felt she needed to move on as best she could, and her new job helped with that. She was able to interact with politicians and give statements that were concise yet pointed, skirting the bare edges of tact. Luke was secretly amused by this; it reminded him of Han, who didn't skirt the edges but flew right past them.

Give it six months, Mara thought. Long enough to know if I'll want to really stay ... Tryna's young enough that if we pick up and leave then, she won't
    remember it later, except perhaps for a few nascent impressions. It gave Mara a very intense pang that the same could be said for Tryna's father-memories.

Luke was frowning as he perused a datafile. "There's been an outbreak of a cyber-virus, looking like innocent communications, but it's spreading into NR military records of upcoming missions. Somehow, they were able to get past the encryptions or mimic known pass-keys. The technical staff has been able to stop it somewhat, but they are worried about the leaks that have already occurred, and it appears that our systems have also been compromised."

Mara frowned. "I know a tech genius, and this is just the challenge he would welcome." She sent an urgent message to Ghent on her own private secure channel.

Luke smiled in gratitude. "You've been quite the great help to me, Mara these last few weeks. I don't know what I did before you came."

She smiled shyly back. Luke was affable and unfailingly kind, but he didn't flatter or throw out half-hearted compliments.

"My sister & her family are coming over for a visit on their way back from Dantooine. Would you like to join us?"

"I don't think I'd like to intrude ..." Mara objected.

"Then, stop over for after-dinner dessert and sabacc. Corran will be there; you'll like his wife, Mirax, and I think you and my brother-in-law will really hit it off."

Mara laughed. "And your sister?"

"She's a diplomat for her day-job. If she doesn't like you, you'll know straightaway. You'll have no problems there, either."

"All right." Mara agreed.

+++

TBC ....

Briannakin
    DaenaBenjen42 Lady_Misty Hazel Jedi_Lover Jedi_Liz

AzureAngel2 and serendipityaey like this.
  10. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Luke's right: if Leia doesn't like you she lets you know in some way or other.

It would seem that Luke is trying to get to know Mara better.

11. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I love the changes you have made to the story to make it work for Star Wars and these characters. And I adore how Luke is trying to slowly get to know Mara better. Eagerly waiting for more!

12. mayo_durron_666

mayo_durron_666 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] So true!
    I'm intrigued...
    Liking this! ;) Plz tag if poss?

13. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Ha! I like that. I just picture Han pulling a blaster on politicians. It sounds like Luke is getting interested in this lovely redhead that came into his life.

14. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I'm so enjoying this story. :D I'm not familiar with the book you're basing it on, but i think i'd like it.

15. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    A slow burn romance. I can dig it!! [face_love]

16. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Very interesting concept.....certainly unique.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  17. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    making Mara the single widowed parent is going to make this story confusing...in the book, its the man who is the widowed father of a small child. However, I still want to see what you do with this.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  18. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Love! It's beautiful :) I love Mara's soft determination to move on and Luke's patient charm. Gah! Adorable. Ah! I want to see Luke with Tryna too! [face_love] Please tag :) Great job

19. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Ah, but we've got one of those going already where it's Luke who was widowed... ;)

Sometimes, she allayed this with spending time with Adalia or relaxing with Tryna. (She had had one or two times of tearful despondency early on.)

I love the honest portrayal of grieving here. And... infiltrating NR military records for upcoming missions via virus?!? Ack!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    ~~~

They were able to stop the cyber-threat & even plant a nanobot which could trace back to the originators, offshoots of an organization like Black Sun. Cleaning up and rerouting sensitive information would take quite the while as would put in stronger security buffers, but the saying of learning from past mishaps/crises held true.

On a personal front, Luke and Mara continued to spend time together, not putting a label to their association, except that of friends. Mara and Han had indeed gotten along, as had Mara, Mirax, and Leia. Leia's warm heart had been stirred by Mara's recent loss. And everyone thought Tryna was a darling. She had a strong fascination for toy X-wings and cuddled one of Jaina's stuffed baby Banthas, and started calling him Wuggles. Jaina giggled and said Tryna could keep him.

Luke found himself thinking of Mara at the strangest moments, what he would like to tell her about a situation, how he would like to hear her opinion about some idiotic windbag. :p

He took the kids to a water park and went down the slides whooping with the rest. When Mara saw him in swim trunks, something tingled in her veins ...

Luke was about to take the plunge and ask Mara for an official date when :eek: something unexpected happened!

++++++

serendipityaey mayo_durron_666 DaenaBenjen42 Lady_Misty Briannakin Jedi_Liz Jedi_Lover windu4 Hazel :D

Please let me know if you all got those. [face_batting] :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  21. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    So sweet [face_love] ,but WHAT HAPPENED??

ps - got the tag :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  22. mayo_durron_666

mayo_durron_666 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    You can't leave it like that?!?:eek:

So cute.. Mara's little girl so adorable...[face_batting]
    And looks like things were gonna heat-up!

More plz! (Thanks for tag!)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  23. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Ha! They went to a water park. They go there a lot in fics!:p Very interesting....I wondered what happened.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Mara's little girl is sweet. I like that you changed up the plot from the original book.

WHAT HAPPENED?!?!

And I got the tag.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  25. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Aww! So cute!

You are teasing us with the end. I am sure of it!

But then I Leave cliffhangers so this is only fair.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

AzureAngel2 likes this.