main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "To Love Your Master" a Jacen/Jysella fic question 7/17

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alishu06, Apr 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    Title: To Love Your Master
    Author: Alishu
    Category: Mush, Humor, etc
    Characters: Jysella Horn, Jacen Solo, Luke Skywalker and others
    Summary:Jysella is Jacen's padawan that is all for now
    Notes:Hey so this is my first attempt in the Beyond, I will be posting weekly as of right now, seeing as this is all I have written and I have it betaed before I post it. I hope you like it! And thank you NYCityGurl for betaing this!

"To Love Your Master"

?I can?t wait to see the look on his face!? Jysella screamed as she bounced on her bed, acting like an immature teenager.

?Did you say something?? her mother, Mirax asked.

Jysella stopped jumping and looked at her mother?s amused face. ?Um, nope,? Tte young woman said as she stood up and straightened her Jedi robes. Mirax turned and walked away, but not before Jysella saw her mother roll her eyes. The Jedi smiled. Didn?t every girl have the right to be excited to tell her Master some good news? Jysella left her room, hurrying to see if her <aster of a year was finished getting debriefed for their upcoming mission.

___

Jacen Solo walked out of his uncle?s office. He had been in there for what seemed like hours, but was really only two. As the young Master walked out into the sunlight, he squinted, relishing in the warmth and the quiet. For once he didn?t hear his young padawan?s questions and loud outbursts. He didn?t want the responsibility of training a padawan. He wanted to be on mission after mission, or doing something that would keep his mind busy, and not having to think of the past.

He had just walked past the family houses when he heard, ?Master! Guess what!? A tall brunette was running towards him, holding a flimsiplast in her left hand and a cup of, Jacen guessed, Jawa juice in the other. He rolled his eyes and waited. The girl stopped a little too quickly, making her drink splash all over her master?s tunic. Her eyes were opened wide; her hand was covering a small grin that planted itself on her face. Jacen growled, ?Where were you the day the class went over etiquette?? The grin that was occupying Jysella?s mouth disappeared, her wide eyes drooped. She stood there with her head hung. ?I?m sorry, Master. I shouldn?t have been running.?

Jacen was too mad to deal with her. ?Go to the Temple and meditate. You cannot come out until I come and get you.? Jysella?s violet eyes flashed in anger as she stomped off, in the complete opposite direction of the Temple.

_____

?Dad, I can?t do this anymore,? Jysella told her father at diner that evening. It was just her parents and her now that Valin was married and his wife was expecting their first child any day now.

Mirax looked at her daughter, her fork in midair. ?Jysella, you?re a Horn you can do it.? Her father, Corran Horn, stressed the word ?can?.

?But Dad, he treats me like a child,? Jysella complained.

?You are a child.? Mirax looked over at her husband and gave him the ?you?re walking on thin ice? look.

?Dad! I?m nineteen years old. That?s hardly the age of a child.? Jysella stood up and looked at her parents.? Jacen Solo can find another padawan, because as of right now, I am no longer his.? And with that the heated young woman left her house.

_____

?So Jysella, what is it exactly that Jacen has been doing that has given you the impression that he doesn?t like you?? Jedi Master Luke Skywalker asked the fuming young Jedi.

?He?s treating me like a child. I think he?s annoyed with me, for some reason, but I have no idea what. He just stared acting this way a few months ago.? Usually Jysella was known for her directness and bluntness, but when it came to something she didn?t understand or when it was about someone she cared, for she was vague, or tried to avoid the problems.

Luke rubbed his chin and then looked at the holoscreen in front of him. ?I want you to accompany Jacen on the upcoming New Alderaan mission. Give him a chance, and if it doesn?t work out then we will see about a new Master.?

Jysella stood. ?Remember, Jysella, Jacen

2. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    The plot has promise.

3. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Great start...=D=

I like you premis so far..

If you have a PM list may I be on it, Please...
    [face_praying]

FL @};-

4. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Another Jacella! I love that pairing!

I'll be waiting for more :D

5. mastermeg_0228

mastermeg_0228 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2006
    YESSSSSS, another Jacella fic!!!!!!!!!!

you should PM the story info to DreamingIce that way she can put it in the index!

wonderful job on this

Jysella?s violet eyes flashed in anger as she stomped off, in the complete opposite direction of the Temple.
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] thatis so Jysella!!!!![face_love] perfect line to describe her

?We never had a mission because I was taking so long in getting my Healer?s License. And he doesn?t know that I have it yet because he sent me to the Temple.? The girl folded her hands in front of her.

Luke smiled. ?Well he was getting restless, and thought that his padawan was only interested in finding more ways to challenge her Master.? Jysella couldn?t help the huge grin that spread across her face.

i love this part, poor Jacen!!!!!!!!!

i can't wait for more!!!!! and may i also have a PM when you update?[face_praying]

meg

6. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Very nice start!! I can't wait to see what's bugging Jacen, and why he and Jys were put together in the first place. Good job!! =D=

7. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Usually I ship Jacen/Tenel Ka, but Jacella is so sweet I have to read all fics of it I can find! [face_love] this. Please add me to the Pm list.

8. DreamingIce

DreamingIce Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 8, 2005
    More Jacella! :D [:D] *makes it rise from page 3* I nearly missed this... *shakes head* This is what happens when I go away for easter...

Very promising little plot here. And you've definatly got Jysella down right.

Jysella?s violet eyes flashed in anger as she stomped off, in the complete opposite direction of the Temple.
    [face_laugh] yep, perfect Jysella! :D

Mirax warning Corran when he said that Jysella was still a child was great too... *snicker*

More? [face_batting] (I'll add you to the Index as well! ;))

9. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Yay! More Jacen/Jysella fic! Long live Jacella! :)

10. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I like it. I'm all for Jacen and Jysella. I'm curious to see how this plot unfolds.

One thing though. What's your grammar/sentence structure. Like for example: Valyn's married and expecting his first child.

Unless you want to have some weird twist about man being able to give birth I'd change it to whom he's married ;)

Good luck!

11. Alishu06

Mar 29, 2005
    Hey, thanks

Thank you, yes of course I'll put you on there.

I was pulled in, I love them together :)

Yes, you may :) I looked on the index and she put me on there! YAY! lol

Thanks, you'll find out in the next post.

I sure will. Yeah I usually pair Jacen and Tenel, but I wanted to try something new. Thank you so much for reading! :)

I'm glad I got Jysella to be "right" I had a hard time with her charactor for awhile and then I thought to put myself in her place with Corran Horn for a dad and Booster Terrik for a grandpa. Thanks for adding me on the index. I have the next post written, just waiting for it to get checked over. The paragraphs hate me ;)

I agree with you!

Thanks. hehehehe I didn't catch that when I was proofing, oops. My mind goes faster than I can type :) I changed it though. :)

Okay my next post will be coming soon. It's already just getting proofed. Thank you so much for reading!!!!!

12. Alishu06

Mar 29, 2005
    Jysella walked up the plank slowly. Her brown hair hung in little chunks of tangles, dripping down her long robes. She glared at her Master?s ship, why couldn?t they have left after it stopped raining? She had asked him countless times to wait, but it only added to his already sour mood. Jysella didn?t want to spend the whole flight in complete silence or in tension. She planned on doing what Master Skywalker had suggested. For now.

?Come on Padawan!? Jacen yelled out from the small cockpit.

Jysella rolled her eyes and walked faster until she reached the small living cubicle she would be sharing with her master for the next standard month. She threw her small duffle on the top bunk and hurried to where her master was waiting. She sat down in the co-pilot?s chair and strapped in.

Jacen sat down and began to take off.

?Aren?t you forgetting something, Master?? Jysella asked.

Jacen turned and looked at his apprentice. ?What?? he snapped.

She looked down at where his belt hung off the chair, he followed her eyes. ?I don?t think Master Skywalker would go for you not having that on,? the girl pointed to the belt.

Jacen gritted his teeth, and glared at Jysella. ?You know what, I do believe that I am old enough to know if I should be wearing my belt. I don?t need to be babysat. Unlike someone.? He muttered the last words.

Jysella?s eyes flashed in anger, which they seemed to a lot when Jacen was around. ?Well, I?m not the one that is acting like a baby, sulking around, mad at the whole galaxy, crying if I don?t get my way. Unlike someone.?

She had scooted closer to the edge of the seat. She was glaring at her master, he turned and did the same, their noses only an inch a part.

?I do believe that those remarks could get you in a heap of a lot of trouble.? He gritted out.

?So, what are you going to do about it?? she challenged. She heard her master huff and straighten up.

?What is with you?? he almost shouted. Their mission forgotten.

?What is with me?? Jysella unstrapped her belt and stood up.

She walked and stood close to her master. ?No, it?s what is with you. You need to open your eyes, Master, see how you have been acting like for these past loonnnng months.? She leaned on the control panel.

Jacen scowled at her, ?Oh, and how have I been acting?? he folded his arms across his chest.

?Well, you have been grumpy, you?re rude, you don?t think of others, you boss people around, you get mad at the drop of a leaf, you made your niece cry, your parents can deal with you, you??

Jacen interrupted her. ?That is enough.?

Jysella shook her head. ?I?m sorry Master, but if you don?t change your attitude then I?m afraid that I won?t be going on this mission with you.?

Jacen?s stood up, ?I?m your Master, and you are not mine! You will go on this mission, or you will fail.?

He was angrier than Jysella had ever seen him, but that didn?t stop her. ?Fail me then, it won?t matter to me. I?ve already gone and requested a new master. It will however hurt you, if you plan on taking another padawan. They will see the report that I will give on your record and they won?t want you as their master.? She smugly told him. Jacen sighed and sat back down.

?You?re right.?

Hope rose in Jysella, did he actually agree with her? Would he change?

?It would look bad on my record.?

Her hope deflated and she frowned. ?Master Solo, can?t you see you?ve got to let go of whatever is biting you in the butt.?

?I don?t have anything biting me in the butt, unless you count a nineteen year old pest.? Jysella growled and to Jacen?s surprise she slapped him.

Jysella looked at the red hand print that marked her master?s face. Okay so she had gone way too far in doing so. She looked into his eyes while waiting for what she knew would be coming.

Jacen started to chuckle, then it became an outright laugh as he looked at his padawan?s bewildered face. He rubbed his throbbing cheek, Man could that girl slap.

Jysella?s wide eyes couldn?t have gotten any wider.

13. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    That was great...=D=

But you killed Tenel Ka...:_|

Where is Allana? Is she with Jacen?

By the way that whole scene reminded me of the famous slap Jaina gave a certain other Jedi Master...[face_laugh]

Again, great job and can't wait for more...

FL @};-

14. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    LOL! [face_laugh] You're right! But loved that Han has heared everything! :D Very cute chapter, more soon?

15. Alishu06

Mar 29, 2005
    Yes I know, I'm sorry.
    This story doesn't follow the story line of the books. So Jacen and Tenel were just friends and there was no Allana. Yes I love the slapping thing. It's my K/J fic but that isn't up yet.
    Thank you I'll have the next chapter up in a few days.

hehehe yeah good ol' Han ;)Thank you and yes more soon!

16. mastermeg_0228

Jan 24, 2006
    Jysella growled and to Jacen?s surprise she slapped him.
    thank you!!!!! knock some sense into the boy!

Man could that girl slap.

LOL!!!!!

he grabbed her hand, just before it touched his cheek.
    Do it again!!![face_laugh]

?It has been exactly a year, today that Tenel Ka was killed.?
    hmmm, are you sure you're not taking a page from my book????;)

Jysella?s breath caught and she had trouble swallowing.
    YESSSSS! Are we finally seeing some action????? Let's get to the lovey dovey stuff[face_love] :* :p

"Okay well that was all good and nice. Thank you Jysella for knoc- err a slapping some sense into him. Now will you guys just leave?? Han Solo said over the comm.

Jacen looked down at the dash. In his attempt to take off, over an hour ago he had left the comm on. He grinned at Jysella. ?Roger that, dad. We?re leaving.?

Ok you so got to love Han Solo. Perfect!!!!!!!

wonderful update and I can't wait for more!
    wait did i also hear something about a K/J fic too????? If so I can't wait!!!!!!

meg

17. Alishu06

Mar 29, 2005

Hehehe yes love the slapping. What, no, I was going to put Jaina in there, but I decided that I liked her better than Tenel so that's why I killed her off. I kind of liked Han :) Actually I really like Han. Update, yes soon, and the mush stuff will come too. K/J fic uh-huh I have it finished I just have to type it but it's 35(2) = 70 pages hand written. So that will come soon.

18. mastermeg_0228

Jan 24, 2006
    :eek: 70 pages????????:eek: :eek:

holy cow!

meg

19. Alishu06

Mar 29, 2005
    Yeah well I was going through a weird writing phase lol

20. Alishu06

Mar 29, 2005
    Chapter 3

The Jedi arrived on the large planet of New Alderaan only six hours after their argument and reconciliation. The grayish hue of the cruiser bounced off the shining blue water of one of the bigger lakes.

Jacen could understand why his mother thought it was a peaceful planet. He wondered if Alderaan had looked like this. He flew to the landing port and set the ship easily on the permacrete.

?So what do you think?? he asked his Padawan. After a few minutes of waiting for her to answer, he looked to her seat. The young brunette had curled up on the seat and her head was lying on the armrest. She had a smile on her face.

Jacen walked over and stood behind her seat. He gazed at her. She was definitely not a monster. No, she was more like a flower, with fuliciua bee popping out once in awhile, stinger poised and ready to strike.

He couldn?t believe that he had tried to ignore her as a human being. He was going to enjoy getting to know her. To be her friend, or maybe more.

Jacen shook his head, his eyes wide. Where did that come from? he thought. Rubbing his hand over his eyes, he sighed. She was almost half his age. And Corran Horn?s daughter. Two huge strikes against him, and besides, they had only just today decided to be friends.

?Jysella, come on, wake up.? Jacen rubbed her shoulder. Jysella moaned and buried her nose in her arm. Jacen rolled his eyes and tried again.

?Hey, sleepy head, wake up. We need to go meet with the President.? He pushed her arm harder.

Nothing, but silent snores.

?That?s it, crazy kid.? And with that the Master began to tickle his Padawan.

?Stop!? Jysella shouted out, and slapped at the offending hands. She sat straight up and tried to stand, but fell back with a thump. Her belt was still buckled.

Jacen stepped back and began to chuckle. ?Come on, Sleeping Beauty, President Ore?tayae is expecting us.? He watched her slim fingers unbuckle the straps. As she stood up and ran those same fingers through her hair, she looked up and noticed Jacen?s intense stare.

?What?? she asked.

?Your hair looks fine, come on. Please.? He turned and staggered down the plank. Jysella hurried, following close behind. She didn?t want to miss the great view.

?Welcome, Jedi Master Solo,? a young blonde said as the two Jedi walked into a great office. The blue carpet reminded Jysella of the sky on Kashyyyk, dark with wispy white clouds. She looked at the person before them. The President, no doubt, she reasoned.

?Thank you, President Ore?tayae. It?s nice to be back,? Jysella heard her Master say.

?Please take a seat. This won?t be long. I?m sure you are worn out from your trip.? She pointed to a single chair in front of her massive desk.

Jacen took the offered seat. The President looked at Jysella. ?I?m sorry, but I do believe that this will only benefit Master Solo. You do not need to be present.?

Jysella looked at the other female with surprise, and then to her Master. Never had she been dismissed in such a way.

Jacen looked at his apprentice. He could see the surprise as well as anger in her eyes. What a way to start our first mission.

?Jysella is my apprentice. She is also a Healer, and will be helping me with the tasks I am to perform, so she will need to hear what you have to say.?

The petite president?s eyes narrowed at Jysella, but as she turned to look at Jacen she put a smile on her face.

?I?m sorry, Jillana. I didn?t know you were a Healer as well. You look so young. Please stay. I?ll have someone bring in a chair for you.? She pushed a small button on her desk.

?Bring me another chair for the apprentice.? She glanced up from her task and smiled sweetly at Jacen.

?It?s Jysella, President. And I think I?ll step outside. My Master can inform me later. I do believe I?m exhausted, and I would only forget what you had said.? Jysella bowed to the victorious female and then to her Master. The young girl walked out of the office with her head held high.

Jysella stood outside the

21. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    The plot thickens...

Great update...I liked the jealousy Jysella showed the president...

Keep up the great work...

FL @};-

22. mastermeg_0228

Jan 24, 2006
    I love this so much...but I HATE that President!!!!!!!!

Why do I think I'm gonna hate her even more before the end?????

I love Jacen and Jys realizing how much they like each other!!!![face_love]

Let's get to the mush...mush mush mush!!!!!!!

meg

23. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    hmm...the president is somewhat snide and condescending....I don't like her.

and Cordie is interesting viewpoint on the president...of course she could also be the daughter of a political rival, merely spouting off what her parents said....

and I just have to laugh at Jealous!Jysella....

Great job on this Alishu06, can't wait for more..

24. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Awww! Cute little update. Can't believe Jacen has tickled her. :D Mush.....

=D= More soon?

25. Valley_Lord

Valley_Lord Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2005
    Jysella isn't thinking things through. Jacen is a war hero and son to the last remaining member of the ruling house on Alderaan. Nopthing draws women like a warrior or a noble.( according to my borther who can attest to these claims).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.