main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ohio to Maumee, Ohio.....or anyone nearby

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by DexVader_22, Mar 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DexVader_22

DexVader_22 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2003
    Hi everyone, im new to this forum so im not exactly sure where to go or who to ask my question so here it goes...

im interested in going to a midnight showing of Revenge of the Sith, most likely at Showcase Cinemas in Maumee, Ohio. Can i expect to see a large crowd of people there? I'll be 18 and with a group of five so im wondering if i'll be seeing any older high school/younger college kids in attendance.

if anyone has attended midnight showings at this theater for the last two SW movies or any other movie i would appreciate if i could get some info. also, any information on advanced ticket sales, securing seats, hotels, and restaraunts in the area who cater to the late night under 21 crowd i'd appreciate the heads up.

2. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    Well, I haven't been to any of the midnight showings of Star Wars at Showcase.

However, I did go to the 10PM showing they had of Matrix Reloaded and it was packed. I recall seeing lots of high school and college age kids, along with a fair share of older folks (myself and friends included).

Not sure about the nightlife.

3. Fitzhume

Fitzhume Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2005
    If you are going to Maumee for the showing...I suggest getting there early. It will be packed even for the 1st showing. I did that for more of the big movies, Matrix/Spidermans and there are enough people there to make you think that you might be at Ceder Point. Not sure where I'm going yet, I'm bouncing between Tiffin and Maumee.

4. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    I will be going to Cleveland for this.
    But previous experience is to watch for news that tickets are going to be sold ahead of time. Then the night of the show, getting there early to "line up" for seats. You may have a ticket for that showing, but might be stuck in a seat you won't like. *shrugS*
    I love going to the midnight shows since people dress up more for those than for other ones.

Try to get a ticket for a digital showing of the film--sometimes LFL has had a chance to make those final tweaks of the film that won't make it into the analog screenings. ;)

5. krsztoff

krsztoff Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2005
    I gone to the Phantom midnight show whrn it debuted and it was mad, insane. They sold tickets...a week or so in advance so keep an eye out for that. Don't think you will be able to just show up and get in, no chance of that. And you well see people of every age there so don't worry about that. I would not recomand thinking your going to get a table at Big Boy anytime near or after the show either. BTW, I know my butt is going to be in one of those seats no matter what!

6. DexVader_22

Feb 26, 2003
    wow thanks for the advice.
    i really hope i can get a good seat with
    all my friends right next to me...

7. MaverickJedi

MaverickJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2004
    I'm from Toledo, 24/F, been there, done that. Maumee is THE place to go for the midnight show. My best advice: get your tickets online, and then print them out. DON'T fold them because it can crease the barcode they may want to scan, and this can actually prevent the ticket from being "scannable," and hence prevent you from getting in. Get in line early, & be prepared to wait. You can expect crowds to be out into the parking lot and around the builing. It's the most hectic (and fun) experience you can have at the movies!

8. Fitzhume

Fitzhume Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2005
    Agreed!!! I will be there with friends from Findlay. I will be in my trooper armor there...probably surounded by people dressed up in jedi outfits. Hehe...they don't know I'll be there as a trooper. I can't wait!!!!!!

9. DexVader_22

Feb 26, 2003
    Great! im glad to hear that this theater is THE ONE to go to.

last time i went to this theater, i bought my tickets inside only a half hour before our show. are tickets had numbers on them and we were led to our assigned seats by ushers?

do you think this can be expected for EP.3?? will there be reserved seats that ensure you and your friends will sit together???

10. MaverickJedi

MaverickJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2004
    Wouldn't know, and therefore, wouldn't count on it. While Maumee is famous for the "reserve" or "gold" seat phenom, we won't know that for sure until the tix actually go on sale, or at least until they make an announcement regarding the issue. Always better to be prepared for a massive turnout and be assured a seat, than to wait until the last minute, and not have a ticket, though... personally I know that I am going with a large group, and I expect with it being the last film that there will be a number of fans come out of the woodwork for the first show for this one. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.