main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga To my lost friends! Anakin & Padme, I love you. From C-3PO (Viggie)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by darksideyesplease, Jul 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    To my lost friends! Anakin & Padme, I love you. From 3PO

?Have the protocol droids memory wiped!? Bail instructed Captain Antilles.

?Oh No!? I say in shock.

I was going to tell little Luke and Leia all about their mother. I served her well, at least I think I did.

She always said I did, but I?m not quite so sure. She seemed so sad the last few days. I felt so helpless. What was I to do? I am but a mere protocol droid. I?m not very good at solving people?s problems.

I would have done anything to help her or Master Ani, but their requests were few and far between in the end. R2 tried to warn me something was wrong, but I didn?t listen to him.

Next time I will take his advice. He is actually a lot smarter than he looks, it turns out. I was programmed to understand human behavior, but even the maker?s mood baffled me. I know R2 was confused, he told me as much.

Ah, what am I to do.

?Please don?t leave me R2!? I scream.

[Goodbye my old friend, see you on the other side.] He responds.

I don?t want to forget R2. I love him. Love? I can love? I am a droid, but I can feel, but soon I am to forget how to accomplish that feat.

Why can?t I keep my memory? They don?t trust me. Oh curse my programming! Only if I could keep my loud mouth shut, this wouldn?t be happening to me.

Perhaps if I wouldn?t have annoyed Miss Padme so much, she would still be alive. Perhaps if I would have been a better friend to Master Ani, he wouldn?t have gotten angry.

Oh, I don?t know anymore. It?s all so confusing. That nice man Obi Wan Kenobi is still here though. I wonder if I?ll ever see him again?

Oh, what?s the use? I just want to be back at home. I should be brining Miss Padme her Nubian tea at this hour. I should be preparing for the maker?s arrival so that he and Milady can have their quiet time together.

Those days are gone. I always knew getting on one of those dreadful starships would lead to trouble. Curse my metal body, I wasn?t good enough to keep my friends. I doubt R2 will ever talk to me again after this procedure is finished.

I remember when Master Ani was smaller than me. I remember the first time he turned me on and showed me to a lovely young girl. Miss Padme said I was perfect! PERFECT! That was the best compliment I?ve ever received.

?Please R2! Don?t let them do this to me!? I plead one last time as a hand reaches up to the back of my neck.

[I?m sorry!] He quickly retorted.

?Sorry??

?Oh, now that?s better.? I say. ?Hello, I am C-3PO, human cyborg relations. Who might you be??

[I?m R2D2.] The little droid said sadly.

?Oh, well it?s a pleasure to meet you, R2D2.?

2. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    awwwwwwwww.....
    This made me so sad...
    I wish he didnt have to have his memory wiped..
    This is great. I think in ROTS everyone forgets about just what C3po is feeling, and this gives some great insight. I absolutely adore the ending! perfect sense of closure, and sad, but also not that sad, because we know what they get up to in the classic trilogy...

thanks so much for the read!

LOVE AND PEACE.

3. whodamanyodaman

whodamanyodaman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2005
    Great fic. PM me when you update.

4. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    This was so sad. :(

Great characterization of C3PO! That has to be hard.

5. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    Oh that is dreadfully amazing. It is rather hard to get into a droid's processor, and you've done it wonderfully. Except it felt a little strange, like threepio doesn't think like he talks. I don't know. But all in all it's a wonderful one.

6. dtdang2

dtdang2 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    Boy, you sure are prolific! This was very sweet and sad. I liked it!:(

7. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    JOINME - This goes along with my R2D2 viggie with the same title. He truly didn't have a role in ROTS in my view as it was, he was just there kinda. Glad you liked it.

whodamanyodaman
    - Thanks or reading, but I'm afraid this was just a one-shot to go along with the R2D2 viggie.

rhonderoo - Not really too hard, just have to be whiney and try to imagine myself talking with a british accent.

Dev_Binks - I tried to make him very self conscious, that's the way I always saw him.

dtdang2 - prolific, I like that... thank you very much.

8. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Awww! Poor Threepio. This was so sad. *sniff*

Great job! :D

9. jmsbndgrl

jmsbndgrl Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    Very nice...you feel sorry for C3PO. You almost don't want him to lose his memory, but in the long run its better for the protection of Luke and Leia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.