main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga "To No Avail" ~chapter 1 ,2 ,3 and 4 ~ RotJ Star Destroyer Captain, and Vaders perspective

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by m4x70r, Mar 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m4x70r

m4x70r Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2006
    Title: To No Avail
    Author(s): m4x70r
    Timeframe: Immedietly before, during, and after ROTJ.
    Characters: Captain Ronoe (oc), Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Emperor Palpatine
    Genre: Drama
    Keywords: Empire, Darth Vader, Imperial
    Summary: The final battle between the Empire and the Alliance is fast approaching, and a loyal Star Destoryer Captain embarks on a mission to save the Empire, ultimatly defending it in the greatest battle ever to take place.
    Notes: This story is nearing completion, if you wish to see more now instead of waiting, find it under the same name on fanfiction.net

Still a work in progress, and is currently being edited.

This story is my creation, but based on characters created by George Lucas and many others at LucasFilm.

!This story does not take into account all novels and comics based on the star wars universe. I am only taking into account the original trilogy, the new trilogy, and the first star wars novel ever, Heir to the Empire. This is in the intrest of not creating or acknowledging the loop holes seen throughout the literature based on star wars.!

I hope you enjoy, opinions are always welcome!

To No Avail, Chapter 1 : The Rebel

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

It has been nearly two years since the Empire defeated the Rebel Alliance on Hoth. The rebellion have been busy at work, developing a new way to fight the Empire. But the Emperor senses something is coming. He has deployed his entire fleet to locate the Rebels. Every corner of the Galaxy is to be turned inside out until they are rooted out and destroyed once and for all. Part of this mission, has befallen on Captain Ronoe, and His Ship the Imperial Star Destroyer ' Dark Star '.

Shinning like an oasis in the desert, the planet Thaikor V sits against the backdrop of the nearby Heakeen Nebula. A small speck of silver in orbit of Thaikor shows the presence of the Empire. A lone star destroyer sits waiting for its prey. It is the Star Destroyer 'Dark Star'.

On the bridge of the 'Dark Star', Captain Ronoe stands waiting for reports.

A middle aged man, Captain Ronoe has served the Empire since before the Disbanding of the Imperial Senate. He took command of the Dark Star Just Prior to the destruction of the first Death Star. Before that he served on the Star Destroyer Devastator, under the Leadership of Lord Vader, although he never actually met him. He had seen him walking down a cooridor once, but he didnt get a strong feeling from him. Now as Captain of his own Star Destroyer, he leads the missions. Their current mission is again for Lord Vader, but received through offical Imperial channels. They were selected for their proximity to the target area, had they been further away, they may be providing security at some trading outpost. A job unworthy of an Imperial Sar Destroyer, but often the fate of this day and age. Mighty war machines providing medium security to unworthy locations. At the present they are searching for a known rebel agent, who has information Darth Vader wants. They tracked him for the past few weeks, until they were finally able to get coordinates of where to intercept him at.

'Captain?" a voice from the starboard crew pit calls.

Ronoe turned to see his first officer standing near a consol where ensign Nue'Sol works.

"Yes Commander?" Ronoe responds.

"Sir, I believe our expected guest's have arrived." Commander Tydon says. "A ship is coming out of hyperspace twenty-thousand kilometers to port.

"Turn the ship to face them, set an intercept course." Ronoe commands.

Captain Ronoe walks to the port side windows and peers out. Indeed their guests have arrived. A small two engine cargo hauler shaped more like an asteroid than a ship is coming into view. Captain Ronoe walks to the communications station.

"Open communication frequency's" Ronoe commands.

"Yes sir" the ensign at the station responds.

"This is Captain Ronoe of the Imperial Star Destroyer 'Dark Star'." Ronoe begins. "We know you carry a fugitive on board your vessel. Power down your engines and pre

2. m4x70r

m4x70r Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2006
    Summary: The final battle between the Empire and the Alliance is fast approaching, and a loyal Star Destoryer Captain embarks on a mission to save the Empire, ultimatly defending it in the greatest battle ever to take place.
    Notes: This story is nearing completion, if you wish to see more now instead of waiting, find it under the same name on fanfiction.net

Chapter TWO : The Crossing of Fates

Deep inside the Imperial Palace on Coruscant,is the Emperors Throne room. A vast room, hundreds of feet high, a hundred feet in width. A large screen with an image of the galaxy shines above the only visible entrance, a single elevator lift. The image shows the Empires control of the galaxy, almost 75 of it colored green to show the systems under the Emperors control. Before the throne itself sits a grand Observation window nearly forty feet in diameter, it shows an equally grand view; of the city below, the endless city that is the Emperors seat of power. Alone the Emperor sits watching and waiting, but he does not feel alone, he feels only his power. The lift to his chamber opens with a hiss, and his apprentice steps out. Vader climbs the three flights of stairs to finally reach his masters level.

"Lord Vader, welcome." The Emperor speaks." What news from the prisoner?"

"My master," Vader says as he kneels down." I have read his thoughts; I can see the Rebels plan for attack."

"And it is as I said it would be, no?" The Emperor asks, still not turned to face his apprentice.

"It is." Vader says.

The Emperors chair turns, and as it does Vader stands up.

"Then all is proceeding as i have envisioned." The Emperors says. "Have a fleet go to that system and capture it."

"Yes my Master." Vader speaks as he turns and leaves the throne room.

The Emperor returns his seat to its previous posistion, and he watches again the city below.

In Orbit of Coruscant, aboard the Star Destroyer 'Dark Star', Captain Ronoe sits in his quarters reading a very old book. The door signals that there is a guest outside.

"Come." Ronoe says.

The door opens and Commander Tydon steps in.

"Commander, what can I do for you?" Asks Ronoe.

"Sir, Lord Vader has signaled that he is coming aboard at 19:30." Tydon explains.

"Well then, let us prepare for his arrival." Ronoe says as he stands up.

They both leave Ronoe's quarters and head down to the Main Shuttle bay.

"Sir, i'm a little nervous about haivng Darth Vader on board." Tydon says.

"Well for starters, i suggest you refer to him as Lord Vader." Ronoe says with a smile. "To avoiding being out of place."

"Right!" Tydon says somewhat shocked.

"Don't worry. The rumors of his executing officers left and right are somewhat exaggerated." Ronoe says.

"Oh..." Tydon says with a mild relief.

"He only executes command staff." Ronoe says.

"And that's supposed to make me feel better?" tydon says, an obvious expression of fear on his face.

"Relax" Ronoe says, laughing he puts a hand on tydons shoulder. "Just obey his orders and do the great work i've come to expect from you."

"i'll try..." tydon says staring at the ground as they walk.

They arrive at the Shuttle bay and Tydon sends for five Storm Trooper squads to come to the Shuttle Bay and prepare for their Honored Guest.

Only minutes later, as if on queue, an Imperial Lambda Class Shuttle arrives. The Storm Troopers have already taken up a formation to honor Lord Vader. As the shuttle sets down, its landing gear hisses as the pressure comes to bear. The ramp lowers and the menacing figure of Vader appears.

"Lord Vader, we are honored by your presence." Ronoe exclaims as he bows slightly.

"You may dispatch with the pleasantries Captain," Vader interrupts:" there will be a cargo ship arriving in moments, I want its cargo to be placed in fighter docking port 001. As

3. m4x70r

m4x70r Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2006

Chapter THREE: Departure.

The Bridge is calm on the Star Destroyer 'Dark Star'. Officers and crewmen go about their business. Some of the staff is not present as they take a short leave on the orbital space platform.

"Captain." Tydon says from the crew pit.

"Yes Commander Tydon?" Ronoe asks, he is looking outside at the construction ships mounting new turbo lasers on the port side.

"The repair and restocking crews report that they estimate completion in 45 minutes." Tydon explains.

"Good, have the crew return immedietly. Prepare the ship to disembark at 15:30 hours." Ronoe says.

"Yes captain." Tydon says as he turns back to his duties.

Ronoe looks up and sees one of the two Interdictor Cruisers that will accompany them on their mission. A relatively new vessel, the Imperial Scientists claim that they can stop a ship from entering Hyperspace, even bring one out of Hyperspace. Ronoe wonders how this is accomplished. Vader specifically requested these ships for this mission, perhaps as a field test or demonstration for him. As of now there are only 12 built, the others are dispatched to some of the outer rim regions where pirates have been a nuisance recently. Something suddenly catches Ronoe's eye. A small transport vessel exiting hyperspace.

"Ensign Porthos." Ronoe calls to the starboard crew pit.

"Yes captain?" Porthos replies.

"What ship is that, that just exited hyperspace?" Ronoe asks.

"Sir I believe it is the transport we've been expecting." Porthos responds.

"Indeed it is Captain." The booming voice of Vader calls from behind.

Ronoe turns to see the Dark Lord walking towards him along the command walkway.

"Your Excellency." Ronoe says as he bows.

"They are just on time. I want them to land in the main shuttle bay. Arrange for quarters to be issued on that deck, you may put 10 to a room." Vader says.

"Will that be comfortable?" Ronoe asks.

"Comfort is of no concern Captain. They are here to do a job, and that job only requires that they be here and ready to go at my order." Vader explains.

"Yes my lord." Ronoe says.

Ronoe steps away from Vader and goes to the port side crew pit.

"Commander Tydon." Ronoe calls.

"Yes Captain?" Tydon asks.

"Set aside enough guest rooms to accommodate the strike team on the shuttle bay level, ten to a room please." Ronoe says. "Have them as close to the main shuttle bay as possible, also have their transport refueled and prepped to go at a moments notice."

"Yes sir." Tydon says.

Ronoe walks back to Vader's side.

"It is almost time to depart captain, is your crew ready?" Vader asks.

"They are returning to the ship now," Ronoe says, "The construction team is almost finished with our upgrades."

"Good, we will leave as soon as they are done." Vader says.

With that Vader goes to the communications station.

"Ensign! Inform the other ships to prepare for a communication, I will send it from the Holo-Confrence room." Vader says.

"Yes my lord." Ensign Heweet says, half stunned by the interuption to his work.

Vader then leaves the bridge heading down the corridor to the Holo- Confrence room.

Ronoe Turns to his first officer and prepares the ship for departure.

In Orbit of Fre'doyn, Fleet 94, consisting of 15 Star Destroyers, 2 interdictor Cruisers and 12 secondary assault transports lay in formation for battle. They prepare to enter Hyperspace, their destination, the Rydine system.

On the Bride of the 'Dar

4. m4x70r

m4x70r Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2006

Chapter Four : An Intresting Evening

"Captain?" a voice echoes through the dark room.

Awakened from sleep Ronoe sits up in his bed, a blue hue fills the room from outside the view port where the streaming energy of hyperspace encircles the ship.

"Captain Ronoe?" the voice calls again.

Ronoe gets up and hits the intercom display.

"Yes Commander?" Ronoe asks, rubbing his eyes.

"Sir, there is a slight problem in the mess hall." Tydon explains.

"What sort of problem?" Ronoe asks.

"Sir the strike team," Tydon says, "They're making quite a mess."

"Well then, put an end to it." Ronoe says.

"Sir." Tydon begins.

"What is it?" Ronoe questions.

"Sir, they're not human." Tydon says.

Suddenly a chill runs through Ronoes spine.

"I'll be down there in a minute, Ronoe out." Ronoe says.

He makes haste to get dressed. It takes him only minutes to get his uniform on and get down to the shuttle sections mess hall level. As he enters, he is met by Commander Tydon.

"Sir I have never seen this race," Tydon says, "I thought they might have been intruders except for the fact that the have imperial issue clothing on."

As Tydon and Ronoe enter, there is silence. The mess hall is made up of different sections, each accessible from the main entrance, each with their own exits. Ronoe steps in a little bit further, the lights are off but there is still a glow from the emergency lights that are always on.

"The sixth hall sir." Tydon says as he steps up behind Ronoe.

Ronoe walks over a couple doors until he reaches mess hall six. There he see's the 'Aliens'. Ronoes jaw drops slightly. They are Noghri, and they are making a mess, eating the leftovers from the evening's food. They must have waited for all the other crew members to leave before coming to eat themselves.

"I must talk with Lord Vader." Ronoe says as he turns to leave the hall. But as he turns he notices that there is a Noghri standing at the entrance.

Tydon reaches for his blaster, Ronoe tries to signal to Tydon not to do so, but Tydon is suddenly taken from behind by another Noghri who puts him in a minor hold.

"Release him immediately!" Ronoe commands.

The Noghri holding Tydon looks to the other Noghri.

"It is ok, release him." The Noghri says to his comrade. "Captain, forgive us for the disturbance."

"What exactly do you think you're doing?" Ronoe asks. "Sneaking up on us, that seems like an aggressive move, don't you think?"

The Noghri thinks for a moment.

"Yes." He responds.

"And what about your fellow Noghri over there." Ronoe says as he points into mess hall six. "They're making quite a mess."

"I apologize for that captain. We have all intentions to clean up after ourselves" the Noghri explains.

"I see." Ronoe says. "What is your name?"

The Noghri look at one another. The one begins to open his mouth but is interrupted before he can begin.

"Silence." The voice of Vader shouts from the main hall entrance.

The two Noghri fall to the ground and bow before Lord Vader.

"Return to your meal." Vader commands.

"Yes my Lord." The two Noghri say as they leave.

"Captain, is there a problem here?" Vader asks.

"No Lord, we were simply investigating the disturbance when we encountered your...friends." Ronoe says.

"They are not my friends Captain, they are my soldiers." Vader says as he walks towards the entrance to mess hall six. He stops at the door.

"Sir I did not know you would use Noghri fo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.