main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "To Overcome", Sequel to Timoritus, L/M, Ben, H/L - Thanks!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ginchy, Jul 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Her fear is going to destroy their marriage.
    Powerful post. You are doing great with the angst.
    My poor Luke. Poor Mara. Poor Ben. Heck, poor Skywalker family. :_|

2. izzard

izzard Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2006
    Great chapter. Loved how Mara viewed the shadow as a bruise. Poor Ben and poor X-Wing pajamas!! I'm wondering if someone will manage to find another pair for him and what Mara's reaction would be. [face_thinking] Can't wait to read more.

Thanks for the PM.

3. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Twin!!! :D

I'm so glad I came back online. I would have missed this until the morning. It's great seeing this updated. And what a chapter! Woo hoo...:eek: [face_skull] [face_dancing]

I love your descriptions with Mara listening for Ben's breaths. Any sign of life (including tears) are a relief to her that her son is still alive. Poor Mara seriously needs help! Your writing is so visual. I could actually see Ben's little shoulder poking out from his daddy's shirt collar. A sweet moment shadowed by Mara's dark, dark worries. [face_worried]

And - The return of Bubbles n' Bath! Girl, I'd love to read that PM portion. No need to ask! ;)

Luke didn?t let go of her arm, but pulled her a bit closer. ?This isn?t over, Mara?? he whispered.

I loved this part! Luke being the strong guy we know he is, not backing down from Mara. Good! That's exactly what Mara needs. She's got to talk to someone eventually. It's going to be a hard talk, though, with the subject of her nightmare. Also now that Leia is there...what else will happen?

Amazingly chilling chapter! =D=

4. Bianka_Kenobi

Bianka_Kenobi Jedi Master star 1

Jun 21, 2005
    Wow, what a dark chapter. Poor Luke. I thought Mara was going to solve her problems right there in the shower, but I guess we'll have to wait. At least now Luke knows Mara is hiding something away, and now he can help her. I'm sure he won't give up on her, even though she's being a little bratty (but I know she's just scared).

Wait, there's a PM extra? could I get it too? muchos gracias, chica!

5. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Yay! Yay yay yay![face_dancing]

Great stuff here! Very intense. I think she's close to breaking here. The thing is, she knows she's being unreasonable. I think she's afraid that if she could even imagine such a horrible thing, even if it was brought about by a poisoning, then she could be capable of doing it. In a sense, she's afraid of her own power.

I want to also mention that the first line was fantastic.

His cheeks were still wet with tears.

Perfect way to put the reader right in the action. And you know, at first I didn't think it was Ben, I thought it was Luke, and they were Mara's tears, that she had finally talked to him and got it out.

(I sympathize with the lost pajamas trauma. We have spent many an evening tearing the house apart looking for a particular stuffed piggy.)

Luke's being very patient and loving but you know, he only gets the potty mouth when he's really stressed out. She's taking the whole family down with her.

Terrific update!!!!

6. verybusy

verybusy Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 18, 2006
    *gulp* this is..... (searching for the correct vocabulary in the online dic.) .... me although if others have said this before: INTENSE [face_blush]

I must admit, I currently do not really know what to say, I should write a long and thoughtfull comment since I like this that much, but..... I got goosebumps when reading it... and [:D] ....great Job![:D]

Ummm..... PM version...... *blinks innocently* [face_blush] Can I get it? ;)

cheers,
    VeryBusy

7. izzard

izzard Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2006
    Oh, and can I get the PM version please. :D

8. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    Yay! An update, but *sobs* No!!!!!! Mara, honey, your life is gonna go right down the fresher if you don't open up!:_|

Ginchy, please don't let Mara self-destruct [face_praying]

(I liked the "snakes in a shower" line.)

9. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Yes, 'Snakes on the Plane' tramutized me that much... :p

But great update ginchy!! I loved it!!! both versions!!!

10. Master_M_Sky

Master_M_Sky Jedi Master star 1

Aug 3, 2006
    UPDATE. I LOVE IT.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

11. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    May I just say, first of all, what a delectable mental image this makes:

He?d yet to notice her cloaked presence, his hands moving over his flesh, his body just visible through the steam and condensation built up on the frosted glass. Closing her eyes, Mara could imagine what the shower door hid from her: fat water droplets sliding over clear skin and muscle, chasing white suds over and off his skin. [face_love]

Ahem. [face_blush]

Poor little Ben ? how sweet that he found comfort in his daddy?s shirt. [:D]

Very powerful scene there at the end. Luke?s finally catching on ? yay! ? but Mara?s just pushing farther and farther away.

Awesome chapter, gal! =D= And you know I want the extended version. ;)

12. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    I bet Luke gets Ben more X-wing PJs. I would. Mara, Mara. She should know that the most fragile thing in the universe is the male ego. Know this is going to get real nasty before they work it out. Super post and thanks.@};-

13. AniriRevan

AniriRevan Jedi Master star 1

May 21, 2006
    Sorry it's taken me so long to reply, but you haven't gotten rid of me this easily:p . Loved the update=D= even though it was short.:_| I can't wait for more, really, the suspense is killing me, so please...you know...do what writers do and write some more!!!:D
    Also, in other news: up-ing!!!

14. Master_M_Sky

Aug 3, 2006
    Um, yes, did I mention...

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!

It's Brilliant-with-a-capital-b. Really.

15. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2006
    Look, a sequel to the most unsettling (but still good) SW fanfic I've ever read! I'm enjoying the story so far. If you have a pm list, can I be added?

16. angel_gidget

angel_gidget Jedi Master star 1

Apr 16, 2004
    Beautiful! May I have the PM version, pretty please? *puppy eyes*

17. Master_M_Sky

Aug 3, 2006
    PM version, pretty please?

Hehehehehehehe

18. Master_M_Sky

Aug 3, 2006
    In reply to your reply:

Yuppers, I am 19.

You're welcome! Keep the lovely updates coming!

19. Fettkat

Fettkat Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2005
    VERY intense!! PM me pls ginchy. i love how this is turning out. ppor ol' Ben! I EMPATHIZED!!!

20. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2006
    Ok ginchy, it's time to ask.
    Update? [face_praying]

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Uppers, please. :D ;)
    Mara needs resolution; Luke needs answers and ... I need mush! [face_love] [face_laugh]

22. MaraSkywalker234

MaraSkywalker234 Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2006
    I love it! When is the next update? add me to the PM list Please!
    Great Job! on both stories! =D= =D=

23. MaraSkywalker234

MaraSkywalker234 Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2006
    there is a PM version????? Send it to me pretty please!!
    Add me to the PM lsit to please! When is the next update???? The wait is killing us!!!:_|

Great Job!!! =D= =D=

24. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Hi, all--I am working on the update. I have no excuses other than I really didn't expect to take this long. But I really just want to finish this, and I am SO sorry for the delay! I really hope to finish up the new chapter this weekend, and then work on just finishing out the story. The story will never be abandoned. Wish me luck!

There is a PM version of chapter 3 if you are over 18.

Thanks for all your support, it means so much to me, and I promise an update that I just hope is worth the wait very, very soon!

*hides*

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Whee!! It'll definitely be worth the wait ;) the update to Union's Shadow certainly was. :) :) :) Trouble with that is, with that delightful thing, you want really frequent updates, because of the drama Mara's putting Luke through. [face_laugh] Oops, she's putting him through some trauma here too. Poor sugar dumpling. :D :D Good thing she's worth it!! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

The place they're at here, though, they can only move up. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.