main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

To own a car, or not to own a car, that is the question

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002, Jul 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2002
    Actually, it's not a question at our house any more. Now all three of us have a car. Yup, my dad took me to the Joe Marina used car lot on 91st and Memorial this morning and let me pick out a car.
    Its silver, four-door, year 2000, and model LS1. It was an awsome price. I, well, my dad will be driving it to the meeting on satruday.
    Even though I won't turn 16 til next march, the parents decided I should practice with it a while before taking the test. But I do get my permit in October.

2. RogerRoger517

RogerRoger517 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    Congrats Shelbi. You are now a member of our car driving society.

3. RogerRoger517

RogerRoger517 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    Congrats Shelbi. You are now a member of our car driving society.

4. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Sounds very similar to the car I bought a few months ago, congrats Shelbi. I think you'll like the Saturn, I do.

Did you get a 2.2 liter 4-cylinder engine? Because I read a little while ago of a recall that you may want to check out. Since you just got it from Joe Marina, they've probably already addressed the problem. Let me know if you need any other information.

5. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    Ask my dad about the car's engine. I just like the looks and feel of it. I will have my permit in time to driv the car to Plano myself. What kind of car do you have Brent, I forgot.

6. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    I've got a 2000 LS2. Midnight blue.

You really should find out about the engine because the affected cars can catch fire. Saturn will do the repairs for free. That said, if you have one of the recalled models, I'd guess that the repairs were done while on their lot. It would be foolish (and actionable) for them to sell a known defect... Especially when they do the repairs for free. I'm sure it's fine, I just want to make sure you're aware.

7. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    I'll trade! I like blue better, j/k! The guy didn't say anything about a defect, and since it's going to a teenager, I would think he'd have said something. But I'll ask tonight when we finalize everything. Thanks for the warning!

8. Maumi

Maumi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2002
    Congrates Shebli!!! A new car is a fun thing! Well, I think it is have the same car since I got my license!!! But good for you. Driving can be very fun! Driving to Plano would be great practice, but remeber you will need someone with a license with you at all times!!!

9. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    LOL, yeah, if I drive to Plano, my dad will be sitting right next to me, don't you worry.

10. IMAXPoe

IMAXPoe Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    LOL, yeah, if I drive to Plano, my dad will be sitting right next to me, don't you worry.

Right next to you using Jedi Meditation techniques to stay calm. ;)

Congrats Shelbi. It's always fun to get your car before you turn 16. I had mine a month before I turned 16. I know I couldn't wait to go drive around in it with out the parental units. I'm sure you can hardly wait now and you still have a while!

11. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    Tomorrow, he's going to take me to the school parking lot and let me practice a whole lot. But it's an awsome car. Like I said, it will be at the meeting. I know it's not a delorian(sp?) but it's my first car and I like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.