main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

To Protect and Defend -- JA with Qui-torture and Obi-angst

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by greencat336, May 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    I like that last statement by Kern. Good post! Not disappointing at all!

2. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    In his sleep, Obi-Wan tossed and turned. In his dreams, he saw his master chained to a chair. Qui-Gon?s hand was tied so that it was held open, palm up. As Obi-Wan watched, Qui-Gon?s hand burst into flame. ?Help me, Obi-Wan! Why did you leave me? Why don?t you help me? How could you desert me??

Through the sound of his master?s anguished cries, Obi-Wan heard another voice firmly calling his name. Awakening, he saw Master Windu standing beside him.

Embarrassed by waking Master Windu, by the tears flowing unchecked down his cheeks, Obi-Wan turned his face to the wall. ?Sorry,? was all he could manage to mumble.

?I?m worried about him, too,? came the surprisingly soft reply. ?We?ll find him, Obi-Wan.?

The unexpected kindness caused the vulnerable young man to lose control. ?It?s all my fault,? Obi-Wan sobbed, his face still towards the wall. ?I never should have left him. None of this would have happened if only I?d . . . ?

?You did the only thing you could have done. Defenseless people were depending on you. It was your duty to protect them,? Mace interrupted in a firm, but gentle voice. He put a comforting hand on Obi-Wan?s shoulder. ?Qui-Gon is far from defenseless. He?ll take care of himself until we get there. We will find him.? He said the last in a confident tone, as if stating something as obviously true as planets are round. ?Get some rest.?

Mace returned to his own room. He hoped his words about Qui-Gon were true.

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I read the previous post and thought I'd already repiled to it... drats!

I was quite concerned that Marla and Kern had decided to escape but then using Qui-Gon's own words I certaily couldn't agrue their point!

And I was hahppy to see Mace comfort Obi-Wan after that horrendous nightmare and confidently at that! :D :D

4. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    I, too was happy to see a gentler, more compassionate side of Mace. I just hope they find Qui in time. I feel sorry when those slave owners face the wrath of 3 righteously indignant Jedi. Go get em guys!

5. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Good that Mace is so compassionate. Being anything else would only make things worse. I liked the way Qui-Gon and the others escaped. Will their plan work, or will they be captured again?

6. Broken-Sabre

Broken-Sabre Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2001
    I never picked Mace Windu to have a compassionate side, but it works :) Will they reach Qui-Gon and the others in time ?[face_plain]

7. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Not a good dream for Obi, but good for us angst freeks.

I hope Qui-Gon uses all of his jedi skills to keep from being recaptured.

8. TrianaJinn

TrianaJinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2001
    Great posts!
    Hopefully it won't take too long for Obi-Wan to be reunited with Qui-Gon.

9. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Thank you all for your comments, especially about Mace. I think that Mace often gets a bad rep because of the way he rejected Anakin in TPM. Yes, I think he is the type that believes in following the letter of the law, but I don't believe he would ignore the spirit of the Jedi Code. And, he was right about Anakin.

Here's the next bit. Almost to the end of our Journey. I have started my next story "Traditions" that will have some lovely Obi-toture and Qui-angst in it :) , I'll try to have it ready to post by the time this one ends.

?They?re everywhere,? Marla said in disgust, handing the flimsy to Qui-Gon. ?Posted on the sides of buildings, fences, all around the spaceport.? Their food supplies having run out the day before, Marla had gone foraging on the theory that she was the least conspicuous of the three.

Studying the flimsy, Qui-Gon commented, ?Well, it certainly explains why the search for us seems to have increased in intensity. The reward for our capture is considerable. Chavin is offering twice the credits for a live capture than he is for a confirmed kill.?

?Somehow I don?t find that very comforting,? Kern said. ?So any ideas about what to do next? I doubt we?ll be able to get anywhere near the spaceport without being spotted.?

?I have an idea that will depend on that. It?s risky, but at this point I think its our best chance,? Qui-Gon began. ?Can either of you hotwire and pilot a ship??

Kern nodded. ?I was part of the engineering crew on a space liner, before pirates captured us. Shouldn?t take me more than a few minutes to get a ship started and off the ground. But the question is, how are we going to get on a ship??

?I will create a distraction. You and Marla will sneak aboard a ship in the confusion and lift off.? Qui-Gon instructed. ?As soon as you can, contact the authorities. I will give you the com codes that will give you direct access to those who can move against this place.?

?What about you? How will you avoid capture? You?ll be throwing your life away,? protested Marla.

Motioning slightly with his right hand, Qui-Gon said in a calm, Forceful voice, ?I will be fine. Don?t worry about me. Concentrate on your escape and contacting the authorities.?

Kern and Marla echoed, ?You will be fine. We will concentrate on our escape and contact the authorities.?

Qui-Gon disliked using the mind trick on his companions, but he did not want to spend the energy arguing with them. This was the best chance not only for the two of them to escape to safety, but also to alert the Republic about the location of Chavin?s slave gladiator arena. Qui-Gon would trust the Force that everything would work out.

10. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Oh man, greencat! You are killing me with the suspense of this story! Great post!

11. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Almost to the end of our journey? You're not saying that this story is scheduled to end anytime soon, are you? NOO!

What's Qui-Gon's plan, then?

12. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    That was great :)

13. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    I agree with Qui. I'm sure Marla and Kern wouldn't want to just leave him there.

A most excellent post greencat!!! :) :)

14. TrianaJinn

TrianaJinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2001
    Awesome post greencat! :D

15. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Just one more post after this one. I have the first posts for my next story ready (Carra, Drew & Ryss are back) but I won't be able to post as regularly as I have been for the first two stories. My mom had to have emergency quintuple by-pass surgery Thursday and I've been a bit busy with that. I'm going to be helping my dad and my sisters take tare of her when she gets home from the hospital and my folks don't have a computer at their house. I'll only be getting back to my house every couple days, so posts on the new story will probably be somewhat irregular. Hope you all will be patient with the irregularities. While waiting in the hospital the plot bunny for a fourth story came to keep me company -- it has a metaphysical slant to it. Must be the hospital atmosphere.

My, what a huge amount of rambling. There should be warning signs on computers about posting when sleep deprived. :) I'll stop now and post the next to the last part of this story.

Thanks for reading!

?This is the right system!? Obi-Wan said excitedly. ?I can feel Master Qui-Gon near.?

?You?re sure, Padawan Kenobi?? asked Mace.

?Positive. Something else . . . ? Obi-Wan stretched out his senses into the Force, trying to hear what it was telling him. ?Master Windu, I think we need to hurry.?

?Take the controls,? Mace instructed. ?Set us down close to where you sense your master.?

The plan had worked, perhaps too well. A large crowd of beings were now pursuing Qui-Gon. A few of them had turned back when their ship left without them. At least Kern and Marla had made it away. If the Force was with them, soon the Republic Forces would be shutting down the obscenity of the gladiator arena.

His pursuers had finally gotten the bright idea to start shooting at him. Apparently they had decided the smaller reward for his dead body was better than no reward at all.
    A sharp burning in his side alerted Qui-Gon he had failed to dodge all of the blaster shots. He began to look for a place to turn and fight. He had reached the end. The end of his endurance, the end of his time. That was all right with Qui-Gon. He was not going to be taken again. No more defenseless people would be harmed or killed because of him. His one regret was Obi-Wan. He was sorry he would not see his Padawan grow into the Jedi he knew that the young man would become.

Up ahead there was a narrow dead end alley. It would force his pursuers to come at him only a few at a time. He had no intentions of being captured, had no real hope of escaping, but there was no reason to make it easy. Qui-Gon turned to make his last stand. The beings chasing him paused when he turned, then raised their blasters.

?Master!? A sliver cylinder came arcing over the heads of the beings facing him. Reaching up, Qui-Gon caught it effortlessly. The blue blade sprang to life as red bolts shot towards him, only to be reflected back towards their origins. The snap hiss of another lightsaber sounded. With a Force enhanced flip, Mace landed by Qui-Gon?s side, his lightsaber joining with Qui-Gon?s to deflect the blaster bolts. The beings, realizing they would not be collecting any reward, fled.

Obi-Wan reached his master?s side in time to catch him as he slumped forward, the last of his strength finally gone.

16. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Finally caught up with this story...whew! Nice job Greencat!

17. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Oh, thank you for ending the torturous suspense. Now for some mush? *Looks around hopefully*

18. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Oooooh..i could go for some mush toooooo...PLEASEEEEEEEE!

19. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    My first thought was one more post?!? But as I read on to find a new story is in the works I was able to calm down. :)

Excellent post greencat, I loved how Qui-Gon was determined not to make it easy for his pursuers... and how Obi and Mace just made it to him. :D :D

And my best wishes and prayers go to you and your family in your mom's speedy recovery.

20. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    My Mom is home :) ! She's feeling fine, just gets tired very easily.

Speaking of people coming home and the resulting mush . . . here's the last post. I very much appreciate everyone who has read and responded to this story! I'll post the first part of Traditions right after I post this. I hope you will wander over there and check it out.

Qui-Gon was extremely annoyed. The Healers at the Temple had insisted that he remain in the med-unit. The damage the blaster bolt had done to his side and the last of the injuries from his beating were nearly healed. It was completely unnecessary to keep him captive here.

Qui-Gon could feel his Padawan?s amusement. Obi-Wan had not left his side since he and Mace had found him. It had been Obi-Wan who had carried him to their ship, tending to his injuries as they made the journey back to the Temple. That his master had recovered enough to be irritated seemed to put the young man in a very good mood. ?I fail to see what is so amusing about the situation, Padawan.?

?Turn about is fair play, Master. If it was me in that bed, you?d be insisting the healers know what they?re doing.? Obi-Wan affectionately teased his master, reaching out to take Qui-Gon?s hand. ?They just want to make sure you?re all right.? Qui-Gon felt some of his annoyance evaporate. How often had he stood by his Obi-Wan?s side, worrying as the young man recovered from some injury? That his padawan had done the same for him . . . he sent feeling of love over their bond.

?How are you feeling, old friend?? Mace Windu asked as he entered the room.

?Fine. I just haven?t been able to convince the healers of that. Did the Republic Forces get to the Gladiator arena?? Qui-Gon asked.

?Kern and Marla alerted the authorities as soon as they got out of hyperspace. Most of the personnel were arrested, and the kidnapped citizens rescued. By the way, Jedi Stowkyr found this with the pirates. He thought you might like it back.? Mace handed Qui-Gon his lightsaber.

?Thank him for me. What about Chavin??

Frowning, Mace said,?Unfortunatetly, he escaped capture. His description is being circulated among law enforcement agencies. All the Jedi in the field have been asked to keep an eye out for him, too. It?s just a matter of time before he?s arrested.?

Qui-Gon nodded. Somehow he knew that his path and Chavin?s would cross again. Next time, Chavin would not escape justice. Until then. . . . It wouldn?t be much longer and he would be given a clean bill of health. Soon, he and Obi-Wan would be off again.

21. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Very nice, greencat. I really enjoyed the story, and look forward to the next one.

22. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    I'm glad to hear your mom's home and feeling fine! :) :)

I loved the ending and felt as satisfied as Obi-Wan teling his Master how if he'd been the one injured he'd be insisting the healers knew what they were talking about. :D :D

That was a wonderful thread and I thank you for sharing it with us. Now it's time to scoot over and find Traditions!

23. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Over so soon? And it seems like it just started, but at least we have the new story to look forward to. I liked the ending where it is Qui-Gon trying to escape the healers and not Obi. And did I see a little foreshadowing there at the end? :)

24. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Yep, turn about is fair. :D

O.k. When does the next one start?

25. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Very nice ending! Rescue just in the nick of time! I loved the way Qui-Gon was thinking that the healers didn't have any reason to keep him "captive" there any longer, but they just wanted to make sure. Good, the way Obi-Wan told him that turnabout was fair play. Now, how soon before they meet up with Chenith again?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.