Before - Legends To 'Quote' a Jedi - Qui- and Obi on holidays Humour. - 4th march -

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gkilkenny, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Gkilkenny Jedi Master

star 4
    To quote a Jedi.
    Author Gkilkenny.

I was looking for some quotes to add to another story, and some of them made me laugh so I could not help my self and put them into their own story. You may recognise some and some you wont however, most have been said by one star wars character or another.

XXXX

Qui-Gon stood on the landing platform; he had been waiting for twenty minutes for Obi-Wan. He had sent him to ask Mace for a speeder for their trip to the mountains for a well deserved rest.

Tapping his foot on the ground he noticed a speeder coming towards him with smoke billowing out of the back end. Obi-Wan stopped in front of Qui-Gon and said. ?Right Master, hop in and let?s go!?

Qui-Gon realised it was the same speeder Obi-Wan chose last time they needed a speeder. It had barely got them to their destination and had caused Qui-Gon to grow many new grey hairs.

Qui-Gon rubbed his chin. ?This speeder is a disaster waiting to happen, Why do I have the feeling you will be the death of me Padawan?

?Don?t say that Master, I couldn?t find a speeder I liked, and in the end Master Windu told me to take this one and leave, I am sure it will get us there this time?

?I am not so sure Padawan? Qui-Gon stated as he climbed in.

Obi-Wan pressed the starter button and nothing happened. He pressed it several more times and then got out checking the battery and the spark plugs. Eventually it started and a cloud of smoke engulfed them, and the speeder rolled along a few paces.

?Would it help if I got out and pushed Obi-Wan?? Qui-Gon smirked.

?Master please focus on the positive, Master Windu said it would get us there?

?I don?t know Padawan I vaguely remember telling you that your focus determines your reality, and the reality is Padawan that Mace has given you a dog of a speeder.

?Where?s your sense of adventure Master, think of our holiday; it will be exciting, and a little thing like a loose spark plug should not deter us?

?Adventure?.excitement?. a Jedi craves not these things Padawan?

?Just wait Master I will fix it? Obi-Wan insisted and he opened the hood and used the force to tighten the plugs.

?Frivolous use of the force is frowned upon my young apprentice.? Qui-Gon stated as the engine roared to life.

?Yeah of little faith? Obi-Wan countered.

Qui-Gon shook his head and announced ?I am amazed Padawan?

Quietly and to him self Obi-Wan thought. ?Sometimes I amaze even myself!?

Their holiday began in earnest once they arrived at the cabin. Qui-Gon sent Obi-Wan out to collect firewood while he put their supplies away. An hour later Obi-Wan came back covered in an obnoxious odour and an armful of wood.

?What a wonderful smell you have discovered Padawan, pray tell me how did you manage to return to me in this condition.

?It wasn?t easy Master?

Later in the evening, Qui-Gon decided because it was Obi-Wans twenty first naming day they would open a bottle of fine wine to celebrate.

?Obi-Wan would you go down to the cellar and bring me two bottles of wine.?

?Yes master?

The two Jedi sat around the fire and drank the wine celebrating the dawn of Obi-Wans adulthood, and Qui-Gon told Obi-Wan a story of his child hood and how he had been banished from painting classes.

Why were you banished Master??

?Because I spilled the paint jar every time we painted anything; my long arms and legs would seem to get in the way, and the rest of the class decided I was clumsy?

?You were banished because you were clumsy?? Obi-Wan said incredulously.

?You would not think it so incredible Padawan if you had seen me destroy the paint shop?

They laughed and joked and talked about their youth and then it was time to eat. Qui-Gon decided to make Obi-Wan a meal that Qui-Gon used to love when he was a child. He had all the ingredients, and he did his best to remember how many of each ingredient he should put in it. He served it up and waited expectantly for Obi-Wan to taste it.

?What is it Master??

?I am not sure of the correct pronunciation, so I just call it gr
  2. jedidas3 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Well done and very creative. Thanks for making my day!
  3. earlybird-obi-wan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Loved it and seeing many things from the movies [face_laugh][face_laugh]
  4. azizah Jedi Knight

star 1
    That was like the where's Waldo of fan fiction! :D It was fun and a great idea. I am sure I did not catch them all, I might have to go back through it and see.

Very clever :)
  5. Gkilkenny Jedi Master

star 4
    jedidas3 thank you ever so much[:D] I like making people happy.[face_dancing]

earlybird-obi-wan I am happy that you loved it.[face_love] It made me laugh writing it.[face_laugh]

azizahThank you,[:D] the idea just came out of the blue.
  6. Bastet Jedi Padawan

star 4
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I loved how you were able to fit so many quotes into your story, just brilliant! :D

Later that night after a wonderful meal and another bottle of wine, Obi-Wan went to check on the lizard, to make sure he had eaten the food Qui-Gon had given him.
    Obi-Wans mouth opened with shock, and he slapped his forehead with his hand. ?This is getting out of hand master, now there are ?two? of them.?

?Did I miss something? Qui-Gon spoke as he came up behind Obi-Wan.

?Well apparently you did Master this lizard is not a ?him? after all.
    [face_laugh]

?Obi-Wan the temple landing platform is coming up fast?

?Oh, I see it, Oh, this is going to be easy? and he pushed the throttle and pulled out of the traffic lane, Qui-Gon?s heart jumped into his mouth

?Padawan, be careful!?

The speeder landed gently and Obi-Wan turned to his Master who was gripping the rails, and stated. ?Another happy landing?
    [face_love] Ah, one of my favorite quotes. [face_love] Well, that and everything else Obi-Wan ever said. =P~ [face_mischief]

Thanks for this, Gkilkenny, I really enjoyed it! :D [face_love]
  7. brodiew Jedi Master

star 5
    Very clever, Gkilkenny! I also like your incorporation of all the movie lines.

Obi-Wan grumbled, his head still ached from the wine last night. ?Why do I sense I am about to pick up another one of your pathetic life-forms.?

Qui-Gon glanced at his whining Padawan and smirked. ?I do not know why you would think that Padawan the only life-form I have picked up in twenty one years, is you!?

?You know very well what I mean Master, little squirrels, lizards, baby birds and all of them cared for by me your dutiful apprentice. If I wanted a pathetic life form I would find my own!?

This was a lot of fun to read.
  8. slow_dawn Jedi Knight

star 2
    Obi-Wan shook his head ?How did the lizard get in there in the first place??

?I imagine Padawan, he was looking for some food, you do remember we were going to feed him?

Hehe, really liked that bit. This was a really good idea for a fic. None of it seemed forced and was definitely entertaining!

9. Gkilkenny Jedi Master

star 4
    Bastet
    Oh you know me any quote will do,[face_laugh] and there are quite a few. Not all are spoken by Obi-Wan or Qui-Gon.

Thank you:D

brodiewThank you:D I am happy you liked it

slow_dawn
    Thanks :D It just came to me, and there were quite a few quotes
    in the movies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.