main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA To read or not to read the novel - Let the SAFF decide.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Darth_Meanders, Apr 2, 2005.

?

To read or not to read the novel - Let the SAFF decide.

Poll closed Apr 7, 2005.
  1. Never! I must remain spoiler free. In fact, I'm never going to see the movie.

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Give my copy to [b]Dave-Jedi[/b] and let him [color=black][hl=black]black out all the interesting pa

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. Maybe if I read only the even numbered pages I'd get the gist of things without giving too much away

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  4. Stuff it I'll read it this week. I already know Anakin retires to Tatooine to train racing banthas.

8 vote(s)
    57.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    Sooooo... anyhoo ... I've taken all your deliberations under consideration and you'll be pleased to know that Chapter One is done and dusted .... I shall look forward to our next get together -

"The Combined SAFF Bowling and Book Club" -
    After each ball bowled every member must raise a discussion point. In the event of a strike, you get to read a Chapter out loud ;) (With all the sound effects of course)

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Damn! That means I can't fake it and save it for the Flight to the US! Damn! :p

3. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    Just bought the novel, visual dictionary, mouse pad! This little jedi master is 'working from home' tomorrow to read the books!! Came very close to buying an Obi-Wan electronic lightsabre and Vader helmet!! Next week!!

Just need the Clone Wars DVD and life is good!

4. MsWinter

MsWinter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    ooh, ooh!! I want the electronic Mace Windu one...it makes noises as you sweep it through the air!! That means I wouldn't have to make my own noises any more!! :D

oh, it's not the kids books that he reads anymore, A-D.. he's too advanced for them!! (or so he tells me)....lol. He's reading adult stuff now, and understanding every word of what he reads - I question the questions I'm taught at Uni to question, and yeah, he gets it. I guess having a G&T kid will keep me on my toes like this!! :)

5. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    Yeah!! It's still cool to make the noises though! But yeah, gonna get me an Obi-Wan next week, me thinks!!

6. MsWinter

Mar 10, 2005
    did you know....piece of trivia here....

when Ewan McGregor and Liam Neeson were filming the lightsabre fight scene with Ray Park, Ewan McGregor found himself making the sounds?? I think that's really, really cool. He's a geek like the rest of us!! :D

7. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    I remember that! How could you not! The switching off and on noises would be the funniest!

8. MsWinter

Mar 10, 2005
    hee hee..everytime I watch that scene now, I look for his mouth movements!! LOL

9. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    Hurry up & finish.....
    Lots to discuss.
    Can we set up a SW theological society ?

10. TK1571

TK1571 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2003
    Do you count reading novel if i have looked at Visual dict. and cross-sections :p

11. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
  12. MsWinter

Mar 10, 2005
    I'm a third of the way through, E-I...I'm getting there, will probably have it finished by the end of the weekend.
    Hey, I have other things in my life to do apart from reading novels you know!! :)

13. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    The SAFF has decided.

The book has been read.

Thank you for your participation.

:)

... and to anyone else who is wavering ... just start at page 1 and keep going ;)

14. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
    I'm halfway through the audiobook, haven't had much time lately to listen to it.

Will finish it and then get the book. Or the new DVDs. Decisions, decisions. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.