main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends To Ride the Waves of Pain [very AU EU, Tycho/Leia author replies 6/15]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by thesporkbewithyou, Apr 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thesporkbewithyou

thesporkbewithyou Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2005
    Chewie_Fan: Being a diehard H/L shipper, I didn't want to read this at first. But, you have me hooked. Please add me to the pm list. I'll guess I can survive the L/T ship... somehow...

Oh, I can tell you now that I'm a diehard H/L shipper as well, but this little bunny bit me and just wouldn't let go. But I'm glad to see you like it so far.

Valandhir: Nice idea. Please have me on the PM list too.

Tycho's reaction was ingenius!

Thanks for stopping by! And yeah, this guy's got some pretty good tricks up his sleeve.

Here's the updated PM list:

JadeSolo
    VaderLVR64
    GoldenJedi
    ccp
    Jedi_of_Imladris
    princess_of_naboo
    Chewie-Fan
    Valandhir

As always, if you wish to be added or taken off, let me know in the thread or by PM.

And the dramatis personae has been updated.

2. Darth_Intangable

Darth_Intangable Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2006
    pm's...please

this is interesting!!

-A[face_coffee]

3. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Biggs! [face_dancing] Tycho puts on a good show. Hopefully Bail pulls through. :(

4. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    Darth_Intangible: pm's...please

this is interesting!!

Sure thing. And thanks for reading!

JadeSolo: Biggs! Tycho puts on a good show. Hopefully Bail pulls through.

Yup! I've always wanted to write a fic with him in it. But as for Bail... you'll just have to wait and see.

A/N: I'm terribly sorry for not updating in so long, but Han and Mirax were (and still are) being problematic. And I did have the next post written, but I lost the papers that I wrote it on (I think I might have accidentally thrown them out). Anyway, I managed to reconstruct the first part of the post, so hopefully this will tide you over until sometime next week or so, even though nothing terribly exciting happens.

So here you go!

The woman and the droid fled down the passageway that would lead them to relative safety. Though outwardly Winter tried to retain a calm appearance, inside she was a whirlwind of emotion that threatened to drown her. Everything she had worked for, had accomplished, was going to be destroyed. She knew that the High Prince, Bel Iblis, and Tycho would never voluntarily give over sensitive information, but Imperial interrogators had techniques that would make even the most loyal man crack. And when that happened ...

When that happened ...

She didn't want to think about it. Couldn't think about it. Not now. She had a job to do and she had to finish it. Her own cell might be lost, but he information contained in the droid would give the rest of the Alliance more than a fighting chance if she were able to get it to them.

Winter stopped in her flight as a mechanical voice whistled shrilly at her, and she turned around to see that the astromech had fallen behind.

"Could you hurry up?"? she said, sharper than she had intended to. She regretted it immediately. The droid was probably going as fast as he could already, and she was using him to release her nerves on. But she could not deny the relief she felt when she heard a slight whirring noise as he sped up. The astromech beeped irritably when he reached her side. Winter sighed.

"I'm sorry Artoo," she apologized. "I shouldn't have snapped at you like that. It's just..." she trailed off. Confide her fears in a droid? But... who else was there? She couldn't keep them bottled up forever and a droid wouldn't betray her confidences like even the most well meaning being might. "It's just... Oh Artoo," she practically wailed, "what are we going to if they... if they..."

Her lower lip started trembling and she bit down hard to stop it. It would just be better to keep her fears inside if she would break down every time she voiced them. Besides, the astromech was unusually perceptive for a droid. He would understand. And he did. As she rubbed her eyes clean of some unshed tears, he hooted sadly.

"Thanks Artoo," she whispered, with another sigh. But she jumped as she heard blaster shots from the room she had just exited. She took a deep breath and looked down at the droid.

"Let's go," she said, and the pair continued their flight.

5. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Is she going to hitch a ride with Han?
    Thanks for the PM.

6. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Ouch! Don't worry, maybe the recontruction will be better than the original! :D

Poor Winter! And what's going to happen to Tycho and the rest? How will Leia react when she finds out?

7. Darth_Intangable

Darth_Intangable Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2006
  8. Jedi_of_Imladris

Jedi_of_Imladris Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 14, 2004
    Nice post. Poor Winter, having to worry about the fates of her friends. Hopefully all will survive intact. It's so different to read about Winter without her nearly total allegiance to Leia. I really like the different directions this story takes. I look forward to reading more!

9. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Very interesting. I'm glad I found this!

10. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    ccp: Is she going to hitch a ride with Han?
    Thanks for the PM.

We'll see. The original plan was for R2 to hitch the ride, but considering the situation... who knows?

And no problem.

Golden_Jedi: Ouch! Don't worry, maybe the recontruction will be better than the original!

I know... But actually, in terms of certain descriptions and things, this version of the Winter part is much better than the original. However... I was more satisfied with the ending of the original than this one.

Oh well.

Poor Winter! And what's going to happen to Tycho and the rest? How will Leia react when she finds out?

Yes, poor Winter. *gives her a hug* And you'll be finding out in the next couple of posts. Biggs has got some surprises up his sleeve, and Leia learns a secret about her self and her family.

Thanks for stopping by!

Darth_Intangible: Go R2!!!

Yes, go him! [face_grins]

Jedi_of_Imladris: Nice post. Poor Winter, having to worry about the fates of her friends.

Uh-huh, especially since she had no idea about the stunt Tycho pulled with Biggs.

Hopefully all will survive intact.

No promises on this part.

It's so different to read about Winter without her nearly total allegiance to Leia.

Well, she really does have total allegiance to Leia. That is, Leia as a person and not Leia and her loyalty to the Empire, if that makes any sense.

I really like the different directions this story takes. I look forward to reading more!

Thank you, I'm glad it works!

DarthIshtar: Very interesting. I'm glad I found this!

Thank you. Happy you liked it.

Okay guys, the PM list stands as it did the last time I updated it. Remember, if you want to be added or removed, just let me know in the thread or by PM. I won't bite, really.

11. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Sporks:

that?s quite a twist :D
    like the idea that Leia is a loyal Imp married to a Rebel
    weird that she didn?t caught her fathers ideas and ideals
    It must also bug her to no end that Tycho is working with Winter

I?m sure Leia will be happy to hear from Winter that her husband told Winter that he loves Leia ... and that Winter should keep her save ...

Tycho is playing a dangerous game here

Can you pm me when you update?? Pretty please? :D

It?s a nice twist
    Like it very much
    Wonderful done =D=

~ Mags ~

12. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Han and Mirax are showing up soon? [face_dancing] I also like seeing another side to Winter. Usually she's very stolid and strong, but here it's obvious she can be terrified like any other person.

I love where this story's going. Hope you get a chance to post more soon! :D

13. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    Mags: that?s quite a twist

Quite a twist is right :D

like the idea that Leia is a loyal Imp married to a Rebel
    weird that she didn?t caught her fathers ideas and ideals
    It must also bug her to no end that Tycho is working with Winter

Thanks. It just felt right to me when the bunny for this fic bit. Well, FACPOV she did get her father's ideals: unwavering loyalty, a strong sense of duty... she just didn't get all of them. And she actually doesn't know that Tycho is working with Winter like this, or at all, so it doesn't bug her in the least. She also explicitely trusts the both of them, so she has no reason to suspect they're doing anything wrong.

I?m sure Leia will be happy to hear from Winter that her husband told Winter that he loves Leia ... and that Winter should keep her save ...

*nods* That's for sure.

Tycho is playing a dangerous game here

That he is.

Can you pm me when you update?? Pretty please?[/i]

Will do! [:D]

JadeSolo: Han and Mirax are showing up soon?

They sure are! That is, if I can get the chapter written. Han and Mirax are being slightly... difficult. Nothing is coming out right.

I also like seeing another side to Winter. Usually she's very stolid and strong, but here it's obvious she can be terrified like any other person.

That she can. It's obviouse that only something very hard can break her, and that's what this situation is. She has an important job to do that has to be done at all costs, yet she has no idea if two of the people she admires most, and one of them her superior, will come out of this encounter alive. And she has to inform Leia of what's happening.

I love where this story's going. Hope you get a chance to post more soon!

Thank you! :D I promise that more will be up when the chapter gets written, but that might take a while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.