main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

To Run Away...

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Angel5000, Dec 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Aww shucks... [face_blush]

2. jadesaber2

jadesaber2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    Angel, I kind of know how you feel. My parents are always yelling at everyone. So is my brother. It's probably not as bad as your mom, but it's coming from everywhere at once. It's a bit overwhelming at times. I used to just retreat to my room and visit the JC, but they've taken that away from me, too. Now I just sit there and try to tune them out.

Okay, why am I pouring my troubles out? I should be trying to help you! :p

As just about everyone has said, don't run away. It doesn't solve any problems, and just creates new ones. Running away would leave your sister with noone to stick up for her. It would make your dad sick with worry. I'm sure your mom would be worried about you too. I know I'd be worried for you.

Laughter is a good way to cope with problems. So is talking to someone. Sometimes, the best therapy is someone who will just listen to you. I've started writing out my thoughts and feelings when I can't take it. It helps me. Ultimately, though, the problem will have to be solved.

I hope everything works out for you. If you ever need anyone to talk to, we're all here for you. :)

3. Angel5000

Angel5000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    jadesaber: thanks for your advice. It's okay about your pouring out your problems.... LoL I'm doing that to ya'll....

Maybe I should start a Group Therapy Thread. One where everyone can go and dump all their problems and get support and advice from other members.

I dont plan on running away... I'll learn to deal with it. :)

Just curious Jadesaber: why/how did they take all that away from you?

4. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    *hugs Angel* You go girl! Be strong! :)

A therapy thread? Hmm that sounds like a good idea. :) I'd help out if you like!

5. SilverWander

SilverWander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2001
    Angel,
    Please don't run away.I don't think it would solve much.

Hey your therapy thread sounds like a good idea... need any help on it?

6. jadesaber2

jadesaber2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    They took the modem out of my computer. Now I have to use my dad's computer, and my mom keeps telling me to to pointless little things for her. Busy work. And they don't want me to stay up past 11:00.

A group therapy thread sounds like a good idea.

7. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    Ginger and SilverWander: It would be great to have help w/ the group therapy thread. I can't always be online - but we would need someone who could check it every day, once a day at least...and I can't do it every day.

Starting this thread would be great help for me....

What area's can we start the thread w/out getting in trouble? If we start one here, in the JCC and its successful we might want to start one in other areas so that ppl who don't visit this area, and yet have probs, could use it.

PM me if you guys are serious about starting this.

Jadesaber: just wondering: how old are you? I'm too lazy to check. And why did they take out your modem, and why can't you put it back?

8. eaglejedi

eaglejedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 2, 2001
    I think he's about our age- 17?
    I'll help with your group therapy thread- if you want to make subsidiary ones, they could be in the FFC... and I don't know where else... I'd say EUC, but the mods have been getting a little, a well, anal about non-EU threads in there, so I don't know.

"Lean on me, when you're not strong,
    and I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on, for it won't be long till I'm gonna need somebody to lean on."

Actually, js2, listening to others' problems can help one deal with one's own... also, it's often good just to talk, to say everything you're feeling and get it out there. Half the art of psychiatry/psychology is getting people to talk and keep talking.

9. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    DO NOT RUN AWAY

Theres some ad on TV here in AU...
    It says that'll you'll be raped in several days (this is on the street), a drug addict in several years, and dead in a few years more. Its also depressing to see runaways on the street, aswell as dangerous for you and illegal. So its a very bad idea.

10. Karoline

Karoline Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 18, 2001
    I kind of recognize what you're going through, and I dont think running is a solution. In my family it's my father that has a short temper, but I seem to have inherited it from him. When he yells at me, I yell right back at him, and it often ends with my mother separating us. It's no fun, I can tell you that. I'm sixteen as well, and when things get really nasty, I sometimes consider running away, but I know that it's going to do no good. I'm not going to get a criminal record because of my father, as you shouldn't get one because of your mother. Isn't there a teacher you can talk to? A relative? A shrink? (that's why they're there, you know) An advisor? Family theraphist? Your mother shouldn't be able to treat you like that, recovering from an illness is no excuse for it, and definately not three years after the operation. Until you get it sorted out, I advice you to stay strong, if things get too bad, stay at your friend's house if possible. Just DONT RUN AWAY!!

11. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    EagleJedi: Thanks for volunteering your help. I'll start teh thread sometime soon, and hwen I do I'll let you know. Your help will be much appreciated.

Thank you, everyone, for your support. Ya know... my family is so weird. Just as I'm getting happy again, someone has to blow up. It was at least a week or so of nice, quiet silence before something happened and someone just had to blow up....

Thankfully I was able to call my b/f and he clamed me down. When I get upset I start to shake...and his voice seems to soothe me when he can't be there in person.

I just want to thank ya'll for being so supporting and helpful to me. IT's great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.