main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends To Serve My Master- a Story of the Sith- Dark Obi-Wan

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Oct 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Clever Obi indeed! [face_mischief] Great chapter, as always, VL. :)

2. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Couldn't wait to read the answer. Loved how Obi surprised Jinn and Obi also surprised me with his answer!!! :D Great job VL!

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    The Sith Lord finally threw back his head and roared with laughter. - Strange how though we never saw Qui-Gon fully laugh I can so picute this here. Hmm, so Obi-Wan's bought some time, along with the pain... wonder what good it will do him.

Superb chapter VaderLVR, I love the way your mind thinks!

4. Senator_Leia73

Senator_Leia73 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Wow Obi is very sneaky trying to think of a way to save the girl. Hmmm Obi is not going soft is he?

5. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Evil author alert!!!

6. Kinwon

Kinwon Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2004
    Very clever, Obi-Wan, very clever. But even if he can find a way to save Sarla, he couldn't leave Anakin behind, so he's a bit stuck, isn't he? I look forward to finding out what Qui-Gon's secret is, and what Obi will do now.

7. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    ooooh! I got a reply so quickly! lol

I see Obi-Wan as a very new Sith, and so he has momentary doubts. Add to that the "being the first" aspect of his relationship with Sarla and he would like to keep her around. But I can guarantee that he's not gone noble. He's devious and tricky, and still very much darkside. But having been a Sith for so little time, there is some light that sneaks in and taps him on the shoulder. Qui-Gon senses that...and it's dangerous!

Perhaps Qui has decieved him into being a Sith--so maybe he only thinks being Sithly is really for the "deserving" (ie--the Jedi)? If Obi has been "seduced" to the Darkside, then he definately isn't 100% evil, only thinks his actions bring about justice in a.....better, albiet a more violent way? He's said a couple of phrases from time to time about his master being a good man, and even bringing peace to the galaxy (or something like that, right? I hope I don't have my stories crossed--*makes mental note to re-read this whole story*)
    I can understand his attachment to Sarla, and even with Anakin--definately places of weakness (in the Sith view of things).

Great post! Can't wait to see what twist Dooku brings to the story! Will we hear more from Mace or Yoda? :)

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Kynstar Obi still has a few tricks up his sleeves! Thanks for reading!

SilSolo I'm SO glad the Vong aren't here to complicate things! :D Thank you for reading!

obi_ew You're a pretty good guesser! I like Dark Jinn, too! I'm glad you like it!

AthenaLeigh Obi is still very conflicted. But I have a feeling he would save his own skin instead of Sarla's. But we'll see! Thank you for still reading, it's been a much longer road than I anticpated when I wrote the first vignette!

Layren That's my Obi, looks AND brains! Thank you for reading!

VadersMistress Yeah, I know. You'd probably put the blame on one of your brothers! :D Thanks for reading!

SarkaVrae Obi will still surprise a few people, I promise! Thanks for reading!

LukesTheManIsn't he, though? Thanks for reading!

Master_Noi Good! Then I'm doing my job! I appreciate you still reading, even after all this time!

jeday It's hard to say who is tricking whom. Only time will reveal the answer! Thanks for reading!

LuvEwan Obi is very clever, but is he clever enough? Hmmm.... we'll see. Thank you for reading!

tangled_sphere Obi likes to surprise! Thank you for reading!

Healer_Leona Even Dark Qui has a sense of humor, it's twisted and evil but there! I'm glad you like it!

SenatorLeia_73 Let's just say Obi is experiencing a moment of doubt and weakness. Thank you for reading!

PadawanKitara Thank you! :D

Kinwon We'll have to see how Obi resolves this matter. He is very clever, but so is Qui-Gon. Thank you for reading!

Chapter 20

Obi-Wan heard the crash of water on rocks as he slowly came to consciousness. He wondered why he had fallen asleep on a beach. And why didn?t he even remember being on a beach? He must have been here a long time. His skin felt tight and the vague burn he had felt upon waking now flared into a bright agony that made him gasp.

I hurt, he thought simply as he struggled to gather his thoughts.

He opened his eyes and then groaned as the sun?s light stabbed at them. He blinked rapidly, and the sun began to come into focus, slowly forming into a large light fixture. Not a beach then, but what?

He stared at that light for a long time, his mind slowly piecing together what had brought him here. He was starting to remember now. Punishment, fear, pain?

"Master?" he said the name on a sigh. He felt his presence nearby now, though whether he had just arrived or he had missed it in his confusion, he wasn?t sure. Flashes of memory quickly followed, of fists and feet that pummeled and hurt. He could not recall the time before that spent in the grip of the malignant waves of the Force that his Master had inflicted, but perhaps that was for the best.

Now he felt the presence of someone else as well. A bright beacon that was familiar to him, but he was unable to place it. Frustratingly aware that he should know who the signature belonged to, he lay there quietly, trying to assimilate the assault on his senses.

When he felt able to move, he turned his head and saw a tall shadow that blocked out yet another light. The shadow shifted and he recognized his Master in the movement. ?Master,? he whispered, holding out a hand.

?I?m here, Obi-Wan. You have done well,? the voice seemed very far away.

Obi-Wan smiled at the pride he sensed in the voice. Master was pleased. He winced as he shifted his arm and that one pain brought to life a dozen others. The discipline had been severe, despite his Master?s assurances that he would not be too harsh. Of course, the decision as to what constituted ?harsh? tended to differ between master and apprentice.

As he became more aware, he was able to focus his eyes on the figure he now saw standing next to Qui-Gon. It was small, far too short for an adult human. For one moment of insanity he thought perhaps it was Master Yoda, but then he recognized the blond hair.

Anakin, he thought fearfully. Wh

9. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor Obi! How sweet of Anakin to help... but then be yelled out by Obi. He is only worried about Anakin getting punished like himself.

OI!! [face_dancing] Lusty and handsome has arrived! Yay!! [face_blush] *snrk* hehehehe sorry ;)

Poor Dooku he is concern for them both!! :eek: Qui killed Tahl? Or allowed her to die I take it?? Poor Qui... no wonder he went all evil :( Love is a bad thing sometimes...

Great chappie!! Arg! the suspense!! ;)

10. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    You are so evil to leave the story there! Argh! :)

wow--poor Obi, all beat up and sore! How did Ani know how to heal so well? I guess Qui was desparate enough to allow that contact too, huh?

Go Dooku! I hope he's careful--angering a Sith like that can't lead to good things....
    And what does Obi think of the revelation?

Great post!

11. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    So who really killed Tahl? What happened? I haven't read the prequel books. Anakin is so sweet and powerful!

12. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    Ah, so Qui-Gon killed Tahl. Now that does add an interesting twist. Of course, this could be one of those "from a certain point of view" things for which the Jedi are famous! :D More soon, I hope.

13. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    So Qui killed Tahl? Interesting, very interesting indeed. Wonder how that happened. [face_thinking]

Poor little Anakin. How sweet that he healed Obi. Too bad Obi had to yell at the little guy to protect him from evil Qui.

Great chapter. =D=

14. AthenaLeigh

AthenaLeigh Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2004
    Interesting. Why did it seem like it was going that way? And what exactly happened? Qui-Gon would never hurt Tahl! :eek: Dooku better be a lot more careful than he is! I don't think Qui-Gon cares about him any more, so he isn't going to be lenient. And little Anakin is cuter than ever!! So good.

15. Senator_Leia73

Senator_Leia73 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Ineresting I wonder what Obi will do in response to what he just heard...

16. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Oh wow. I can't believe that. :eek: Qui-Gon is evil with a capital e. Obi-Wan needs to rebel before Anakin is hurt. :( Great chapter :)

17. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Evil, evil Qui-Gon. Bad boy! Now why would he go and do a thing like that? I'm very disappointed in him (hey, it always works when you say it to me!). More soon.

18. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Aha, that's his dirty secret! :(

19. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Loved Anakin healing Obi. :) Can I request your next project be a story about Obi-Wan and Anakin? Newly joined as master and apprentice? Doesn't have to be in this universe. I'd love to see you tackle the two. ;)

20. Kinwon

Kinwon Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2004
    Qui-Gon's secret has finally come out.

Poor Obi-Wan and Anakin- it was so sweet of Anakin to heal Obi's wounds (and well appreciated, I am sure), and it couldn't have been easy for Obi to yell at him right then, but it was necessary w/ Qui watching.

I second obi_ew, I would love to see your take on the early days with Obi-Wan and Anakin trying to figure out how their relationship works.

21. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    So, Qui-Gon killed Tahl?

Obi and Anakin are cute together. I hope Anakin understands the attempt to protect him.

Evil cliff-hanger.

22. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Qui-Gon killed Tahl eh? Why do I get the feeling he didn't really kill him but that he failed to save her and he blames himself .. *muses* or something. I have the feeling it's not quite what it seems....... I can't wait for more, Kimberely!

23. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Loved it when Anakin heals Obi-Wan. That was so touching. So heartbreaking that he needs to yell at Ani to save him. Open your eyes Obi-Wan! ;)

But perhaps Dooku will be the one to do it. He has some surprises up his sleeve. Go Dooku! :D Well done VL! So many conflicting emotions and difficulties. Tahl brings a wonderful new twist.

24. DreamOfKenobi

DreamOfKenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 4, 2004
    Well now that is quite a twist. But how will this affect Obi-Wan? Evil author is right!

25. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Evil author indeed! But a wonderfully evil author! :D

Wow...so much to love in that post. Anakin healing Obi-Wan, and the betrayal he felt when Obi-Wan yelled at him. And Qui-Gon! Eeeek! *stuffs hand in mouth*. Sounds like he has been running away from the truth a little. Can Dooku win Obi-Wan over? And what result will the revelation have on the padawan?

What a fantastically sithly place to stop! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.